A-20 & M5A1 Stuart load up and crew set ups

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ensign_Brendoonigan #1 Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

Sergeant

• 2216 battles

Well I've got my A-20 crew already onto the 2nd skill so she's thankfully moved past the 6th sense stage (T-127 is a great crew trainer). With this in mind I feel I'm good to concentrate on learning to scout with my A-20 and the M5A1.

Now in the A-20, other than vents should I just go camo nets and bino's which I have been using or would it be rammer and vents, or is there a strong need for the suspension equipment upgrade? Currently I'm on 32% cam rating but throw on the net and I'm at 42% and going up. Really looking forward to having all of them at 100% camo as some are using it for there second skill.

Also is it basically the same set up in the M5A1 Stuart, they seem to play the same? Currently using a 75% crew in her but she still runs really well...... Strangely I haven't felt the need to run the Stuart with 6th sense owing to this.

Crew skills. Being a Light/scout I feel that camo is important, especially with the current MM set up so I've gone for 6th sense/camo (34%), camo/snap shot(39%), camo/smooth ride(39%) & sit awareness/Camo (36%). The only one I feel I may have got wrong is the drivers skills as he has 3 good skills and picking the first one after camo seems like a bit of a lottery. I opted for smooth ride to improve the gun play when having to engage with other lights. I wondered though if Off road driving could be the better option though..... Clutch braking seems like a lower priority as it's already got a really good traverse anyway

I'm assuming it'd be the same for the M5A1 Stuart as well.

To be honest I've enjoyed the Stuart a lot and even in tier 6 matches she seems to run well. I can just move up and spot targets and try to remain hidden as much as possible whilst the tier 6's follow behind me hitting any lite targets.....

Ensign

I say old chap, how about you be a jolly good fellow and shot somone else!

Leopard 1 (VK30.01D), M48 Patton (unlocked M4AE2 & 8), FV215B (Caernarvon), TVP 50/51 (Skoda T25), Kranvagn (STRV M42)

JOC469 #2 Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:50 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 61617 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
Check the wiki - I prefer the RU one,

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

JOC469 #3 Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:54 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 61617 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

http://wiki.wargamin...u/Tank:R12_A-20

http://wiki.wargamin...k:A22_M5_Stuart

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

0__lol__0 #4 Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:12 PM

First lieutenant

• 10888 battles

I've got an A-20 now, just because I never played it and I like that style of tank.

All my LTs are vents, binocs, net. I don't see the point of having an LT if I'm not scouting in it.

Regarding the crew skills, I've recently started dropping smooth ride for off road driving on everything.

4tankers&adog has a video on his YouTube channel where he tests smooth ride out, and it seems to be doing very little.

Reducing ground resistance (off road driving) seems to work. Maybe it's in my head, but I notice it.

I find acceleration to be the most important thing in a LT. Too speed is great, but getting the frick outta there is king mostly.

Gold Brother, glorious gold.

Matt_B #5 Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• 13844 battles
I don't think you'll go badly wrong with Vents/Camo Net/Binocs on any low tier light, but you need to park to use two of those and they're dead weight on city maps that are all corridors and corners. Consider instead the benefits of Coated Optics and a Rammer if your tank can fit it, and the A-20 can. They're always doing something for you, so help when its time to go on the offensive as well as for early game spotting and sniping from the bushes. They're almost certainly going to be your go-to picks further along the tree too.

So far as skills go, Concealment and Sixth Sense are definitely the most useful and go hand in hand when it comes to winning vision games. Situational Awareness and Recon are useful too, but their effect is much smaller so get the other skills first. BIA is also useful, but only really as a third or fourth skill; you wouldn't give up Sixth Sense/Concealment for it. For gunner skills, you won't go wrong with Snap Shot, but also consider Designated Target which is helpful for missions that require spotting damage. I go with Off-Road for the driver; it gives a big buff to any already nimble tank, and allows you to scoot through swamps and river beds as though they're roads. Smooth Ride helps when firing on the move, but the effect is much slighter than Snap Shot although they do work cumulatively. In anything with a dedicated loader get Safe Stowage, but it's something you'll have to do without until the fourth or fifth skill if another position doubles up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users