Can't see scout but can see what he spots (radio talk)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Joelchaletos #1 Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:51 AM

Private

• 3766 battles
  • [K-I-A] K-I-A

So I am sitting in my SPG (tier IV, V) and the scout has gone from radio range but as he spots the enemy SPGs they appear on the mini-map.

Why is this? I can't see him but I can see what he is spotting?

It makes me wonder if I actually need the top radio?

Currently they are the last to be researched and if a radio is 4.5K xp and the next SPG is 5.5k I won't research it.

Not that many radios carry over in SPG that I have seen. The one for the US TD T65 GMC - M51A1 - T67 line carries well though.

Ezz #2 Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 54441 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
In the lower tiers radios can matter. Check the ranges to see if it's worth upgrading. Once you hit about tier 6 or 7 they tend to make far less of a difference.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Joelchaletos #3 Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

Private

• 3766 battles
  • [K-I-A] K-I-A

View PostEzz, on 29 August 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

In the lower tiers radios can matter. Check the ranges to see if it's worth upgrading. Once you hit about tier 6 or 7 they tend to make far less of a difference.

You are right.

What I have done is use the BT-7 to open the A-20 radio and the pz1c to open the Luchs radio and the M44 HMC opened the M7 - priest, and the  T65 GMC - M51A1 - T67 radio. 

While these radios are good, what I want to know is -- scout is out of range and spots enemy arty, instantly that arty appears on my mini map and I still can't see the scout. But I kill that arty.

Some times I am the only one back at base and all the team is out of radio range, but whatever enemy's they are spotting I can hit.

What game mechanic is causing this? 

Ezz #4 Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:05 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 54441 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

That's the radio.

Basically your view when in normal tank mode is capped at draw range - don't recall the distance off the top of my head, but let's say 600m or so. A scout at 700m that is in radio range with you will show on your mini map, but not in your draw.

Arty view however allows you to look anywhere on the map so gets around any draw range issues. You can basically see anywhere on the map.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Jarms #5 Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:10 AM

First lieutenant

• 13026 battles
  • [-KO-] -KO-
As long as his radio range intersects with yours you'll see what he sees. Your radio range doesn't have to touch his tank. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users