• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4206 battles
  • [WG] WG

Dear Players.

Our region is primarily connected by a web of undersea cables, which are prone to environmental factors out of our control such as Tropical Hurricanes.

Currently there are several regional cable failures which are causing connectivity issues to our servers for some affected players, with ANZ being the worst affected region due to the SEA ME WE 3 cable outage.

For reference, please refer to...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEA-ME-WE_3

http://status.vocus.com.au/view-incident.aspx?IncidentID=349

Usually cable outages can temporarily be fixed in a short period of time, by rerouting load via other cable options.
However for ANZ the issue is worsened due to the lack of other cable options out of the remote island, and distances being further.

The issue is out of our control, but we would still like to shower you with gifts, to compensate you for this inconvenience. But doing this now, when the cable is still in need of repair, is not the best time.
So we will work on doing this as a celebration for when the cable is repaired.

In the meantime, to keep you going until the cable is repaired.. we would like to offer the following.

For all WOT PC Asia players

Premium

• 3 days premium

Booster Consumables

In addition to the premium, some booster consumables for you to activate when you wish.

• 5x +50% EXP boosters valid for 1 hour
  • 5x +200% Crew EXP boosters valid for 1 hour
  • 5x +200% Free EXP boosters valid for 1 hour

These are available anytime (Once) throughout September (Sept 1st 6pm SGT to  Sept 30th 6pm SGT)

And awarded when you obtain a victory while finishing in the top 10 by exp of your team

For all WOT PC ANZ players

Additionally, for the countries worst affected by current outages (Australia and New Zealand),
the following daily premium mission will be activated until further notice / until the SEA Me We 3 cable is operational.

01 September 2017 - 13 October 2017 :  We Luv U 2

Start time and date: 01-09-2017, 6pm SGT

End time and date: 13-10-2017, 6pm SGT

Activity

Type of game currency

Modifier

Mission: We Luv U 2

Restrictions:

• Any battle mode
  • Any vehicle
  • Once per day
  • Requires token “ANZConnect0917”
    (Credited to ANZ players, ASAP)

Conditions:

• Win 3 battles
  • Top 10 in Experience in your team

Premium

1 Day

Please note, that the above mission starts tomorrow night, but it will not work until an unlocking token is on the ANZ players accounts.
We will try to get this credited to all ANZ players ASAP, but its likely we will require a little more time to get this accomplished.

So the mission will kick in and unlock ASAP, and might not be available by tomorrow night.

Note #2, Please note the above will be unlocked for players who have either 50+ games or have played in the last month.

Additionally for ANZ players we will recoup premium which is currently on your account (As at 29th August 2017)

as this can not be fully utilised between now and when the Sea Me We 3 cable is restored.

For example, (Exact figures will vary depending on exact days of premium on players accounts)

• If you currently have 1 day premium on your account, As of 12.00 UTC on 29th August 2017, 1 days premium will be credited shortly after the Sea Me We 3 cable becomes operational.
  • Or if you have 7 days premium on your account, As of 12.00 UTC on 29th August 2017, 7 days premium will be credited.....
  • Or if you have 1 year premium on your account, As of 12.00 UTC on 29th August 2017, xx days premium will be credited...... depending on how many days the cable was down.

Please note:

The above is just to help tide you over until the regions connectivity issues reside. And then we will do our best to celebrate the return of the cables / connectivity​ with you.

Clanwars will remain operational as normal throughout this period, while Esports activities will be discussed separately, in a separate thread.

Regards / On behalf of all of WG Asia..
Tan

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:34 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 61227 battles

Wow this is cruel

*Can't play because of lag, keep losing and stats dropping*

*Gives free premium time for playing*

Tanitha #3 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4206 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostBluefunk, on 31 August 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

Wow this is cruel

*Can't play because of lag, keep losing and stats dropping*

*Gives free premium time for playing*

But ...

We will probably also get to play "Where in the world is Asean Explorer" in the forums as well.

http://www.marinetra...:ASEAN_EXPLORER

I assume it will be the repair ship, but this isn't confirmed yet.

Regards
Tan

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

NyanDora_Mech_Tank #4 Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:31 PM

SealClub Number 3

• 19156 battles
  • [GVN-P] GVN-P

Downloading WTFast, use trial version, play till it ends, reinstall Windows, repeat previous steps...

Humans in their depression.

JOC469 #5 Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 62749 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostNyanDora_Mech_Tank, on 01 September 2017 - 01:31 AM, said:

Downloading WTFast, use trial version, play till it ends, reinstall Windows, repeat previous steps...

Humans in their depression.

or you could pay for a subscription to support a service that provides you a benefit...

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

mugsy742 #6 Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:11 AM

Private

• 6084 battles
  • [AUSEZ] AUSEZ
The lost premium is very much appreciated just subbed for 6 months and the next day the cable went down. I am logging in for small matches here and there after midnight when its not peak time and the rerouting to asia isnt overloaded but for the most part i'll be pausing world of tanks play until the cables fixed. Although you had nothing to do with this connection issue, it pleases me that you are looking out for those affected. You did however just lose $89 i was going to convert all my xp for the foch 155 before the patch but i still need to grind 14 hours to get enough free experience, and silver on my premiums so i've decided to give it a pass since the internets too unpredictable and i was looking at around 6 hours of playtime each day til the 4th.

RIP Foch 155 and your beautiful high burst damage penetration 

Centurion_IRL #7 Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:33 AM

Fighting Irish

• Senior Moderator
  • 27448 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM
Well I for one would like to say thank you for this Tan, not because I am a moderator, but because I am an NZ based player impacted by the cable which isnt a WG asset and I appreciate the effort you have gone to to provide these bonuses.

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

"Judge me not by how I fall, but how I stand myself back up again"

“Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” 

DuggieNZ #8 Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:42 AM

Private

• 5673 battles
  • [K-I-A] K-I-A
thankyou,  much appreciated

Burbage #9 Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:51 AM

Corporal

• 8835 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-

How much lead distance do I give a moving tank when my shot is fired a third of a second after I pull the trigger.

I guess the only way to get into the top 10 xp is trading in a heavy or passive spotting

agingtanker #10 Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:59 AM

Staff sergeant

• 13288 battles

So my limited understanding of missions is that the game auto completes a mission if at any time you meet the conditions of an 'active' mission.  Can I assume the same for this new one? (I do not actively do missions - I just sometimes see mission results if I meet some criteria).  What happens if I complete the mission (each day?)

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #11 Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:02 AM

Major

• 10711 battles

Thanks for the Generous offer, it's is MOST appreciated.  :honoring:

A suggestion If I may?

Perhaps a SponsorSHIP deal with WOT Partner, WOWS, with certain Cable Repair SHIP might speed up or Prioritise the Repair of the Cable?  :trollface:

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

jumphonner #12 Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:10 AM

Staff sergeant

• 41151 battles
  • [OLDR] OLDR
Thank you Tan. A much appreciated gesture for something completely out of your control.

Weebl #13 Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:19 AM

Captain

• 14908 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
Well done WG.

This issue could have been another nail in the coffin where an extended period of bad connection sees more players turning away from the game.

Instead you have responded in an excellent manner, compensating those effected even though it's not your fault.

Thanks Tan, thanks WG.

Ezz #14 Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:28 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56398 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Side question, is prem still shared between tanks and boats?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

jumphonner #15 Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:31 AM

Staff sergeant

• 41151 battles
  • [OLDR] OLDR

View PostEzz, on 01 September 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

I believe so Ezz. If I click on my name at the top of the page it says I have premium time in boats and I have never bought boat premium time.

Centurion_IRL #16 Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:32 AM

Fighting Irish

• Senior Moderator
  • 27448 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

View PostEzz, on 01 September 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

Las time we got the compo my ships time extended 

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

"Judge me not by how I fall, but how I stand myself back up again"

“Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” 

CardinalMite #17 Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:08 AM

Staff sergeant

• 24187 battles
Credit where it's due, this is one of the most positive responses WG Asia have ever had to an issue outside their control. I beleive that the good will engendered will in the long term pay for the financial cost of these measures.

TechnoGore #18 Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:39 AM

Corporal

• 16393 battles
  • [RATZ] RATZ

As others have mentioned, this is a nice thing that obviously WG didn't have to do. However, for me personally it is also completely pointless. If you really wanted to do something nice to the players affected, you would also reimburse the free three days premium time once the issue is resolved. Why? Well because for me, and presumably for others, this premium time (even if it is nice in theory) is completely useless. The ping is somewhat workable (and as long as enemy tanks don't go unspotted lol), once you get used to the delay. However for me the packet loss makes it impossible to play. When I tap W, I don't know how far forwards I will move or even if I WILL move. When I click left mouse button, I don't know if I will shoot or if I will have to click it five more times to get a shot out.

So on behalf of the players that will actually be able to make some use of this, thank you. It is a great idea, and a good thing for WG to do. But for me, it makes no difference if you had offered nothing at all. I look forward to seeing what the final compensation is once the cables are fixed, even though I do not currently have prem time, and do not think that WG is obligated to offer anything at all. Cheers

Edited by TechnoGore, 01 September 2017 - 08:42 AM.

EerieX #19 Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:42 AM

Corporal

• 9936 battles
  • [RE3EL] RE3EL

View Postmugsy742, on 01 September 2017 - 01:11 AM, said:

The lost premium is very much appreciated just subbed for 6 months and the next day the cable went down. I am logging in for small matches here and there after midnight when its not peak time and the rerouting to asia isnt overloaded but for the most part i'll be pausing world of tanks play until the cables fixed. Although you had nothing to do with this connection issue, it pleases me that you are looking out for those affected. You did however just lose $89 i was going to convert all my xp for the foch 155 before the patch but i still need to grind 14 hours to get enough free experience, and silver on my premiums so i've decided to give it a pass since the internets too unpredictable and i was looking at around 6 hours of playtime each day til the 4th.

RIP Foch 155 and your beautiful high burst damage penetration 

feel you. i need like 8 hours a day to get the foch. i hoped they extended the 2x XP.

SgtGuffey #20 Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

Corporal

• 13355 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF
Thanks Tan & WG team. Await your call on CW. On a positive note yesterday evening, ping was still +/-300 (Brisbane) but there was a marked improvement with the packet loss situation. I guess the Telco's are doing some work behind the scenes to improve the flow of data in and out of our region as best they can.

Edited by SgtGuffey, 01 September 2017 - 08:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users