9.20.1 - Meet the new Tier X British HT that replaces the FV215b, the Super Conqueror

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

LupisVolk #61 Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:02 PM

First lieutenant

• 11351 battles
  • [NFB] NFB
I'm sorry, but still why can't WE have the FV and the Super Conq? Variety IS the spice of life.

Wise words one said in general chat:  "MM doesnt suck. MM works as intended. Players dont."

DeadArashi #62 Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

Captain

• 11217 battles
  • [TGB] TGB

Even if I get the Super Conqueror for free and keep the FV, I would still play the FV more. Just based on the super test stats the SC is a nerf over the FV

(apparently images on Imgur aren't allowed to be linked onto the forums anymore?)

And that's not mentioning that the tier 9 Conqueror supertest stats were shown as being nerfed as well. I'm not against the change... but at least give them equal performance

Sir_British #63 Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

First lieutenant

• 10310 battles

View PostEzz, on 14 September 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

I referred to the owners and then to how WG handled it.

The tank itself was broken as fruit. Few would disagree. But why should WG's mistake change how they compensate people?

People who ground all those tanks that were subsequently replaced aren't offered choices in the matter. They are simply told this is how we're handling it.

Oh and i should probably have noted that in the case of the 113 they decided for some reason that rather than replacing it, they'd just offer an alternate. Why couldn't they have done that for the f155 and 215b? It's not like either one of those are game breaking. Plus it would not highlight how stooged the WTE owners were.

I see it as the company policy on such matters has 'evolved' perhaps since the WT- E100 swap out.

The FV4202 difference between different server regions was probably the worst scenario, and also caused a lot of grief, I'm not 100% sure how they handled the Foch 155 swap (patch notes) but it seemes ok.

However they have set a precident, and it would be difficult (not impossible) for them to totally change the way they handle things now.  My personal opinion is that they should have done the same with the FV215b as with the FV4202, moved it to a Tier 8 Premium (simply because the British line doesn't have one atm) and given previous owners a mission again.

Obviously providing that the other regions follow suit.

The Waffle HAD to be removed, and I don't see how they could have left it in the game, wheras the FV4202 and the FV215b aren't that OP (not yet anyway, and even after the armor buff I don't see the FV4202 as overly OP compared to other tier 8 MTS).

Maybe the ASIA team are just waiting to see what the reaction is, before making a final announcement, atm they could swing either way since they haven't really commited themselves!

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 ( https://www.twitch.tv/germidor )

Spoiler

stewiejp #64 Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:22 PM

Captain

• Community Contributor
  • 36005 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostU12D13, on 14 September 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Correct me if im mistaken but upon closer inspection, that at no point in any statement did they say that you will get to keep the FV215b. They simply said it will be converted to a reward tank but did not explicitly state that it will get the same treatment as the Foch. The playerbase simply assumed so as of now.

Here's the announcement - http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/75296-9201-st-changes-to-the-british-hts/

I's being treated the same as the Foch... no need to panic. From the link - hope this calms people down a bit:

We’re ready to introduce a new British HT-10 - Super Conqueror. It’s currently available only on the Super test, but we’ll be able to see it further down the line on the main server as well. How do we plan to replace HT-10? The same as with French TD-10 – if the vehicle was present in the hangar with the release, FV215B will be transferred to special tanks.

Why do we change the tank? FV215B is an excellent vehicle. But its gameplay is a bit specific, requires some specific skills from players and doesn’t correspond to the logic of this vehicle’s branch research due to the rear position of the turret.

stewiejp on youtube #getonboard

LupisVolk #65 Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

First lieutenant

• 11351 battles
  • [NFB] NFB

View Poststewiejp, on 14 September 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

I's being treated the same as the Foch... no need to panic. From the link - hope this calms people down a bit:

Uhhh there needs to be a panic. A perfectly good tier 10 is getting removed. While The Chinese get two tier 10 Heavies in the same tech tree. Nearly every other nation has 2-3 tier 10 heavies in thier own lines. Why must the British suffer yet again. At this point i'd bet that War Gaming has some sort of deep rooted anti British agenda or something that's been joked about. The Brits have some of the weakest premiums along with tech lines. It gives you food for thought really. But hey that really, really can be the case. It simply has to be outright greed.

Edited by LupisVolk, 14 September 2017 - 07:08 PM.

Wise words one said in general chat:  "MM doesnt suck. MM works as intended. Players dont."

iDd_Sloth #66 Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

First lieutenant

• 23916 battles
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU

View PostLupisVolk, on 14 September 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

Uhhh there needs to be a panic. A perfectly good tier 10 is getting removed. While The Chinese get two tier 10 Heavies in the same tech tree. Nearly every other nation has 2-3 tier 10 heavies in thier own lines. Why must the British suffer yet again. At this point i'd bet that War Gaming has some sort of deep rooted anti British agenda or something that's been joked about. The Brits have some of the weakest premiums along with tech lines. It gives you food for thought really. But hey that really, really can be the case. It simply has to be outright greed.

For years a lot of people ignored these 2 tanks save for a few that wants to collect them.

As WG saw that these lines have the least amount of online presence, WG wanted to revitalize interest and give people a reason to grind/rush the line (or spend gold to convert free xp).

Again, who doesn't want a free tank? Tier X for that matter.

When an enemy Arty "one shots" 2 of your teams' heavies and you're in a heavy tank, you know you're screwed.

A heavy tank should have armor and a big gun, if you don't have either then you're not.

Otakubouzu #67 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:24 AM

Major

• 14501 battles

View PostLupisVolk, on 14 September 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

Aaaand there are possibilities FV215 183 will be replaced too
https://thearmoredpa...83-replacement/

What i WG beef with FV 215B chassis?

LupisVolk #68 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:49 AM

First lieutenant

• 11351 battles
  • [NFB] NFB

View PostOtakubouzu, on 15 September 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

Aaaand there are possibilities FV215 183 will be replaced too
https://thearmoredpa...83-replacement/

What i WG beef with FV 215B chassis?

Well that sucks. Why does WG have against the Brits?

DeadArashi #69 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:19 AM

Captain

• 11217 battles
  • [TGB] TGB

well, the FV215b 183 change is completely logical: 120mm casement -> 183mm turret... doesn't make sense at all does it? They shouldn't just remove it from the line though, it's not like there aren't any options out there to keep it in the tech tree.

The FV215b however is a WG fabrication... if only there was a suggestion for the FV215b to be re-used as a sort of "FV215b 183 prototype" leading into the deathstar... :sceptic:

DarkWalkerNZ #70 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

Corporal

• 39552 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

WG hates the British, you can how they have left the whole tech tree untouched for a long time, not even a tier 8 heavy premium, FV 4202 is the only tier 8 premium in the Biritsh tech tree, pretty much the rest of the big tech tree even the French line has I don't know 4 or 5 tier 8 premium already!

And now WG's gonna touch the UK Tech Tree, claiming it's a big buff but with all the little secret nerfs.

Super Conqueror is worse than the FV215b, putting 32pounder with less pen than the 20 pounder for a few tanks, limit the traverse angle to 180 degrees, What!?

What about the T30!? The E4 has 180 degree traverse limit too, why don't you go limit the T30 as well?
Vehicle Rebalances in Update 9.20.1: https://worldoftanks...rebalance/#tab3

'Of course, simply adding a new gun won’t suffice to revive the FV4004 Conway, so we also increased its mobility and gun depression. Gun depression is now set at -10°, boosting its potential on uneven terrain, with its main downside being the gun traverse limit of 180°.'

And the Challenger : 'This Tier VII Brit can do some serious harm to the opposition thanks to a new gun with 280 alpha damage. Keep in mind, though, that impressive alpha comes with 120° gun traverse angles.'

The Conway will have 600 alpha, with 10' gun depression, the T30 has 750 alpha with 10' degree but without traverse limit. This traverse limit is absolutely bullshit. Not to mention that they give 200 more alpha and double the reload time, it's a huge DPM nerf. 

Conway has a tomato turret, T30 has a strong turret, T30 has more alpha, also 10' GD, fully traverse turret. So is there any reason that I should play the Conway anymore? No!!

Another thing that is more amusing is they nerf the traverse degree of tier 7 and 9 and but left the Charioteer completely untouched? Classic WG logic.

DeadArashi #71 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

Captain

• 11217 battles
  • [TGB] TGB
wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all

Otakubouzu #72 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

Major

• 14501 battles

View PostDeadArashi, on 15 September 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

well, the FV215b 183 change is completely logical: 120mm casement -> 183mm turret... doesn't make sense at all does it? They shouldn't just remove it from the line though, it's not like there aren't any options out there to keep it in the tech tree.

The FV215b however is a WG fabrication... if only there was a suggestion for the FV215b to be re-used as a sort of "FV215b 183 prototype" leading into the deathstar... :sceptic:

....I can see it will lead to another Pz VII case.
"Hey guys here we got a minibranch of FV215 chassis but completely, totally, absolutely different tank from FV215B and FV215 183"

DeadArashi #73 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:26 PM

Captain

• 11217 battles
  • [TGB] TGB

View PostOtakubouzu, on 15 September 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

....I can see it will lead to another Pz VII case.

That's one image I don't ever want to see, thank you. I have a special place for my hate for how WG changed the German HTs... and so help me, if they do the same to the British... well :justwait: (no actually threat of violence intended, pls don't ban me)

Edited by DeadArashi, 15 September 2017 - 12:26 PM.

RitaVrataski #74 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 7122 battles
  • [_RED_] _RED_
NA got the patch 9.20.1

Gordo_G #75 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:33 PM

Corporal

• 33361 battles
  • [_RB_] _RB_
215b does need a different gameplay but can be very rewarding - best game I had was taking on 2 E100 heavies at the same time, alone, and killing them both and almost a third I was hunting down - did over 1/2 damage when a capture timed out (we lost)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users