Are there any mods that break down XVM into it's components?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

FramFramson #1 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:01 AM

Captain

• 27081 battles

After using XVM for a year or so, I stopped using it a few months ago and I don't miss it.

However, there's ONE feature and only feature I do miss from XVM - team HP display.

Is there a mod anywhere that ONLY displays team HPs and does NOTHING else?

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Ezz #2 Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:02 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56300 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
You could always run xvm but turn off stats (assuming that's the bit you don't like).

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Profanisaurus #3 Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:54 AM

Major

• 2011 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
I can't be arsed checking the full list but you could try downloading Aslains and run the installer then look through the full list and see if there is anything in there.
Salt glorious salt : They can not do what they want with unclearly way.

FramFramson #4 Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:56 AM

Captain

• 27081 battles

View PostEzz, on 14 September 2017 - 05:02 AM, said:

You could always run xvm but turn off stats (assuming that's the bit you don't like).

Yeah, the problem with this is you have manually edit the damn text file to make all the changes and at that point might as well just run XVM.

_A_M_G_ #5 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:16 AM

First lieutenant

• 16259 battles
  • [MOOSE] MOOSE
I use promod. From its GUI install you could select team hit points mod and disable everything else including stats etc..

--- _A_M_G_ the artist formally known as AgingMasterGyppo

--- 3MoE: M4, T37, T21, T20, WZ-131, M46 KR. Scrub. :-(

s70blackhawk #6 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:04 AM

Corporal

• 19682 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View PostFramFramson, on 14 September 2017 - 03:01 AM, said:

After using XVM for a year or so, I stopped using it a few months ago and I don't miss it.

However, there's ONE feature and only feature I do miss from XVM - team HP display.

Don't know why you bother worrying about it. A noob pack of scrubs can still lose with double HP and double the guns on the field. Just play to enjoy (what is left to enjoy) and quit thinking about how it will provide you with an (if any at all) advantage.

JOC469 #7 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:12 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 62613 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
If only there was an XVM for the forums

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

Ezz #8 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:19 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56300 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJOC469, on 14 September 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

If only there was an XVM for the forums

Post count metric, best metric.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Profanisaurus #9 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:28 AM

Major

• 2011 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Needs a WNForum.  You can pad post count.
Salt glorious salt : They can not do what they want with unclearly way.

conquisador21 #10 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:31 AM

Sergeant

• 14834 battles
Oh boy! gonna pump this post count stat

"One only dies once, and if one does not die well, a good opportunity is lost and will not present itself again." 

Ezz #11 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:38 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56300 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProfanisaurus, on 14 September 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Needs a WNForum.  You can pad post count.

Key metrics that would feed in....

Sig quality

Flowchartery

Memery

Wittery

Readability - bonus negative points for random capitalisation, blue font or just general shit grammar / spelling.

FramFramson #12 Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:12 AM

Captain

• 27081 battles

View Posts70blackhawk, on 14 September 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

View PostFramFramson, on 14 September 2017 - 03:01 AM, said:

Don't know why you bother worrying about it. A noob pack of scrubs can still lose with double HP and double the guns on the field. Just play to enjoy (what is left to enjoy) and quit thinking about how it will provide you with an (if any at all) advantage.

It gives you some very specific information:

- When HP and tank numbers don't match up. Sometimes you seem to have the same number of tanks as the opponent, but your team is collectively much better/worse off in terms of HP, so the true game state is obscured.

- When teams have a fairly large disparity in tank numbers, but relatively close HP. This can give you the encouragement to carry on in fight that seems lost, or to be more careful if you think you're steamrolling them when the fight is actually more even.

- To see when one team or another takes a lot of damage without losing tanks, especially early in the game when everyone still has full HP. So if your team is getting smacked around you have better warning and can change plans earlier.

It's just a good, general situational awareness aid.

View Post_A_M_G_, on 14 September 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

I use promod. From its GUI install you could select team hit points mod and disable everything else including stats etc..

Sounds like a decent idea. I'll give that a spin!

Hopefully they'll start including it as a feature in the actual client soon.

Edited by FramFramson, 15 September 2017 - 01:14 AM.

s70blackhawk #13 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

Corporal

• 19682 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View PostFramFramson, on 15 September 2017 - 03:12 AM, said:

It gives you some very specific information:

- When HP and tank numbers don't match up. Sometimes you seem to have the same number of tanks as the opponent, but your team is collectively much better/worse off in terms of HP, so the true game state is obscured.

- When teams have a fairly large disparity in tank numbers, but relatively close HP. This can give you the encouragement to carry on in fight that seems lost, or to be more careful if you think you're steamrolling them when the fight is actually more even.

- To see when one team or another takes a lot of damage without losing tanks, especially early in the game when everyone still has full HP. So if your team is getting smacked around you have better warning and can change plans earlier.

It's just a good, general situational awareness aid.

Sounds like a decent idea. I'll give that a spin!

Hopefully they'll start including it as a feature in the actual client soon.

"This can give you the encouragement to carry on in fight that seems lost" - Never give up then.. you never know when that kolobanov's  medal is around the corner.

I know it hard to say for the sake of pubeh matches, but even a player with 1 HP is still a gun on the field. They just need to chai snipe from the back and not get decisively engaged by the enemy tanks.

Yes I see your point about the situational awareness tool. But if you are playing for enjoyment, then you don't get bogged down in competitive or ROFL stomp pubeh matches. You can't use this during actual competitive rounds like CW or skirmish etc...

ShuraBB #14 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

Sergeant

• 21 battles

>Is there a mod anywhere that ONLY displays team HPs and does NOTHING else?

Yes! Battle Observer

FramFramson #15 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:50 PM

Captain

• 27081 battles

View Posts70blackhawk, on 15 September 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

"This can give you the encouragement to carry on in fight that seems lost" - Never give up then.. you never know when that kolobanov's  medal is around the corner.

I know it hard to say for the sake of pubeh matches, but even a player with 1 HP is still a gun on the field. They just need to chai snipe from the back and not get decisively engaged by the enemy tanks.

Yes I see your point about the situational awareness tool. But if you are playing for enjoyment, then you don't get bogged down in competitive or ROFL stomp pubeh matches. You can't use this during actual competitive rounds like CW or skirmish etc...

Well, in clam wars or skirms or etc. you're supposed to have actual teamwork and clear communication, so you don't need that team HP as much to give you information because you have other sources for similar information. But in pubs you're often alone, so have little or no information about how tanks outside your sight are doing until it's too late.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users