Jump to content


Game Constantly Crashing on Startup


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

BorisTheBlade888 #1 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 41503 battles
  • 596
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013

So the latest patch made WOT unreliable for me - the game would regularly crash every 4-5 battles. As of yesterday - the game started crashing as of loading. As I'm about to get into the garage it'll crash. So right now I',m unable to get in whatsoever.

* I haven't run XVM for at least 6 months so the install is plain vanilla

* Tried reinstalling from scratch - no good

* Tried running in safe mode - no good

* Am running the latest hw drivers on a powerful machine which has been happily running WOT for the last 9 months

* No other software changes have occured recently on my PC which may have caused this

 

Has anyone else been having similar issues? Any suggestions on anything else I can try?


Edited by BorisTheBlade888, 27 September 2017 - 09:59 AM.


wasaabi #2 Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:08 AM

    This Dude Abides

  • Senior Moderator
  • 23554 battles
  • 7,076
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012
https://asia.wargaming.net/support/

 

 

 

 

 

 WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking


BorisTheBlade888 #3 Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:10 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 41503 battles
  • 596
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013
Yeah logged a ticket with them - just thought someone else might have some tips. Tks Wasaabi

AKASHA178 #4 Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:22 AM

    Smurfette

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 48064 battles
  • 5,738
  • [ESLMN] ESLMN
  • Member since:
    10-22-2012

View PostBorisTheBlade888, on 27 September 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

So the latest patch made WOT unreliable for me - the game would regularly crash every 4-5 battles. As of yesterday - the game started crashing as of loading. As I'm about to get into the garage it'll crash. So right now I',m unable to get in whatsoever.

* I haven't run XVM for at least 6 months so the install is plain vanilla

* Tried reinstalling from scratch - no good

* Tried running in safe mode - no good

* Am running the latest hw drivers on a powerful machine which has been happily running WOT for the last 9 months

* No other software changes have occured recently on my PC which may have caused this

 

Has anyone else been having similar issues? Any suggestions on anything else I can try?

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/75926-help-laptop-wot-crashes/page__p__1672534#entry1672534

can make it a bit better but wont stop the crashes 


In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

 

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks


 

 


BorisTheBlade888 #5 Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:26 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 41503 battles
  • 596
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013

Touch wood I may have fixed it. Trawling through event viewer I found reference to an audio app which may have been causing it to crash. This was updated about 3 months ago but appears to have since gone bad. Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling and it now appears to be happy. At least I can log in - fingers crossed it wont keep crashing in game.

 

Akasha - have you had a look through your windows event logs for any reference to what is happening at the time of the crash?



wasaabi #6 Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

    This Dude Abides

  • Senior Moderator
  • 23554 battles
  • 7,076
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

View PostBorisTheBlade888, on 27 September 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

Yeah logged a ticket with them - just thought someone else might have some tips. Tks Wasaabi

 

They should have given you a link to a diagnostic tool called WGCheck if they have replied, this will give them a detailed report on your system and help with diagnosis.

 

When you reinstalled from scratch, did you install in a new folder or over the original folder?  


 

 

 

 

 

 WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking


BorisTheBlade888 #7 Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 41503 battles
  • 596
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013
Logged the ticket early this morning and it was just sitting in the queue - so there was no response as yet - I have closed it now. I installed into a new folder. See my other post thought - I think I have tracked it down to a bad audio app which I reinstalled.

AKASHA178 #8 Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:01 AM

    Smurfette

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 48064 battles
  • 5,738
  • [ESLMN] ESLMN
  • Member since:
    10-22-2012

View PostBorisTheBlade888, on 27 September 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

Touch wood I may have fixed it. Trawling through event viewer I found reference to an audio app which may have been causing it to crash. This was updated about 3 months ago but appears to have since gone bad. Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling and it now appears to be happy. At least I can log in - fingers crossed it wont keep crashing in game.

 

Akasha - have you had a look through your windows event logs for any reference to what is happening at the time of the crash?

 

nah i didnt check that, all other apps are fine only wot, usually happen during the winter maps load up or if i type in platoon chat while plat go in battle then when i come back chat get disable (i did fresh install, wot and drivers ) now is crash 1 times a map sometimes 2 times in one map all at load up (the laptop im using is super powerful its not the laptop its the game which conflicted with something else and not to mention im using windows 10 the worse of all time after longhorn )


In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

 

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks


 

 


BorisTheBlade888 #9 Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:12 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 41503 battles
  • 596
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013
What brand laptop?

NTTzzLTS #10 Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:55 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 10622 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    11-19-2013
I also suffered the same condition, but less than a few games were once, but sometimes lost connection. My laptop is running the latest win 10.

Không sợ đối phương dữ như hổ, chỉ sợ đồng đội dốt như heo:sceptic:


AKASHA178 #11 Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:20 PM

    Smurfette

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 48064 battles
  • 5,738
  • [ESLMN] ESLMN
  • Member since:
    10-22-2012

View PostBorisTheBlade888, on 27 September 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

What brand laptop?

 

ROG G752VY (64 gig ram / 1 tra ssd evo pro )

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

 

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks


 

 


BorisTheBlade888 #12 Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 41503 battles
  • 596
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013
Akasha - seriously check out Event Viewer straight after a crash. If it is crashing on launch - launch the game - go to Event Viewer and look at your application logs. You should get a WOT entry which should hopefully reference some software which is causing WOT to crash.

Velickoso #13 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:48 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 16406 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    09-25-2013

Same problem, cant start the game. Receive a message that Windows has stopped the game.

 

 



BorisTheBlade888 #14 Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:22 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 41503 battles
  • 596
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013
Velickoso - What do you see in Windows Event Viewer Application logs at the time that WOT crashes?

wasaabi #15 Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:54 AM

    This Dude Abides

  • Senior Moderator
  • 23554 battles
  • 7,076
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

FYI the WGCheck tool can be downloaded from http://dl-support.wargaming.net/wot/ru/wgcheck/WGCheck_EN.zip.  This includes the Integrity Check built into the Launcher but is is a more comprehensive tool.

 

The log file this creates needs to be sent to Customer Support so it will save time if you can include it when you raise a ticket.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking


Velickoso #16 Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:01 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 16406 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    09-25-2013

Don't know how, but it's working now.

 



AKASHA178 #17 Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:05 AM

    Smurfette

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 48064 battles
  • 5,738
  • [ESLMN] ESLMN
  • Member since:
    10-22-2012

View PostBorisTheBlade888, on 27 September 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

Akasha - seriously check out Event Viewer straight after a crash. If it is crashing on launch - launch the game - go to Event Viewer and look at your application logs. You should get a WOT entry which should hopefully reference some software which is causing WOT to crash.

ok will do next time 

View Postwasaabi, on 28 September 2017 - 04:54 AM, said:

FYI the WGCheck tool can be downloaded from http://dl-support.wargaming.net/wot/ru/wgcheck/WGCheck_EN.zip.  This includes the Integrity Check built into the Launcher but is is a more comprehensive tool.

 

The log file this creates needs to be sent to Customer Support so it will save time if you can include it when you raise a ticket.

 

 

thanks mate +1 


In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

 

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks


 

 


Pictish #18 Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 76645 battles
  • 32
  • [RNS] RNS
  • Member since:
    11-28-2013

WGCheck is useless for this. Support told me to run it and they came up with nothing all they wanted to do was copy and paste blaming mods

 

The problem is nahimic which disagrees with the latest update

 

See here http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/554303-920-update-game-crash/



wasaabi #19 Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

    This Dude Abides

  • Senior Moderator
  • 23554 battles
  • 7,076
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

View PostPictish, on 29 September 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

WGCheck is useless for this. Support told me to run it and they came up with nothing all they wanted to do was copy and paste blaming mods

 

The problem is nahimic which disagrees with the latest update

 

See here http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/554303-920-update-game-crash/

 

You would be surprised that some mods after many updates by the launcher still have residual files outside of res_mods and WGCheck will pick that up.  Yes it isn't going to fix your problem but is still worth running.

 

The Nahimic issue will only affect players with MSI motherboards/chipsets, there was another audio app that caused a conflict, and more commonly it is video drivers that need updating.


 

 

 

 

 

 WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking


loomis1 #20 Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:12 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 5775 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    03-22-2013

I have an MSI Z170 motherboard and the constant crashing was definitely caused by the Nahimic EXE causing conflict. I disabled it in task mgr and that fixed the problem. 

  1. windows-r to bring up Run
  2.  Enter "taskmgr"
  3. Go to "Startup" tab
  4. Scroll to Nahimic2UILauncher.exe and change status to "disabled"
  5. Scroll to Nvidia Capture Server Proxy and change status to "disabled"

This will probably only help if you have an MSI motherboard.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users