I hate x3 weekends...

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Does your win rate change during x3/x5 events ? (17 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battles in order to participate this poll.

Does your win rate change during x3/x5 events ?

1. No, that's tinfoilhead conspiracy (7 votes [41.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

2. Yes, there are more unicums playing and it's harder to influence battles (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Yes, RNG skyrockets because of players with stock brains trying to grind (9 votes [52.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

4. My winrate gets better (1 vote [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Hide poll

MakeLoveAndWar #1 Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

Corporal

• 17440 battles
  • [SPQR] SPQR

I know, I know... Having a streak of loses, while continuously being top 3-5 on your team by XP/DMG, is just one of the RNG combinations. MM is not rigged, etc.. But today... Well, I just got banned for an hour for sending 3 premium rounds into a 45% Mauschen on our team who pushed me out of cover and then proceeded to ramming another ally. I was never banned since 2014. Prior to that I had a game where a platoon drowned and a few battles earlier the one where two allies turned upside down.

I'm just curious if that's me and negativity bias, or did hell really broke lose in random this weekend.

Edited by MakeLoveAndWar, 09 October 2017 - 03:19 PM.

MagicalFlyingFox #2 Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24951 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

'member when there were x5 weekends?

I 'member. 

I'd vote but there is no Winrate is Luck™ option...

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 09 October 2017 - 03:20 PM.

PleaseDontPushMyTOG #3 Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• 7662 battles
This server has scrubs in it everyday, doesn't matter if it's x3 or not, at the end of the day just forget about stats, they are meaningless anyway. ;)

Field_Marshal_Abe #4 Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:44 PM

Corporal

• 7757 battles

If you get x3/x5 bonus, Your performance turned into some bit of dust.

After you waste x3/x5 bonus, Your performance skyrockeded.

iDd_Sloth #5 Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

First lieutenant

• 24041 battles
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU

If you get the short end of the stick when the dice rolls.

There's no point in blaming it if it's x3 or x5 it'll all be the same as x2.

If you can pull off a victory from the jaws of defeat then that's awesome otherwise "tough luck".

When an enemy Arty "one shots" 2 of your teams' heavies and you're in a heavy tank, you know you're screwed.

A heavy tank should have armor and a big gun, if you don't have either then you're not.

xRainbowAssassinx #6 Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 27547 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE
Is that when the 3x's come on?

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn                           

TrinityShock #7 Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:55 PM

Staff sergeant

• 19336 battles

The multiplier has nothing to do with it, 

Had a 60% win rate over the weekend, tonight I had a 20% win rate. 

Winning is just the luck of the draw in the short term but skill in the long term.

The best you can do is to hope to put a positive influence on each game and things will turn to your favour.

I kill pixels so I don't kill people.

AC-1 Sentinel needs some loving. AC-1 lowest DMP for Tier 4 Medium tank. Alpha is stupidly low, even for a light tank. It sees tier 6 tanks in game.

Seriously, how long does it take for an AC-1 to take down a tier 6 tank, it just doesn't happen. Please Buff the AC-1.

FramFramson #8 Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:12 AM

Captain

• 25994 battles

Few things attract the stupid as much as bonus weekends do. x5s are an absolute nightmare.

Whether you win or not, well, as the option says it simply increases your RNG.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

agingtanker #9 Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:19 AM

Staff sergeant

• 12226 battles

Players are evenly distributed across both teams.  Why would it affect your (or anyone else's) win rate?

jumphonner #10 Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:02 AM

Staff sergeant

• 40564 battles
  • [OLDR] OLDR

View Postagingtanker, on 10 October 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

Players are evenly distributed across both teams.  Why would it affect your (or anyone else's) win rate?

I found over the weekend that my team had a smattering of teals and the odd unicorn but invariably the other team had multiple teals and unicorns.

It doesnt help my team that I am skrub, as are the guys I platoon with, so I am on a excreta team to start with.

agingtanker #11 Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:10 AM

Staff sergeant

• 12226 battles

View Postjumphonner, on 10 October 2017 - 07:02 AM, said:

I found over the weekend that my team had a smattering of teals and the odd unicorn but invariably the other team had multiple teals and unicorns.

It doesnt help my team that I am skrub, as are the guys I platoon with, so I am on a excreta team to start with.

Anecdotally I find the 'level' of the player does not matter that much.  But I'm a tomato so my anecdotes don't count for much....

When you get MM giving one team a M4 Rev and the other team a VK 100p or one team autoloaders and the other team low DPM tanks that's where the MM lets things down.

I believe that the sometimes poor MM also affects gameplay.  On open maps in 3 arty games, if I'm in any of the british AT's or any slow heavy (top tier or not), depending on my mood [Content Removed] since I will be arty'd to death before I can even get into a position to use my gun. Sorry but those games just aren't fun so I don't waste my time and move onto another game as quickly as possible.  Yes I get lots of warning and penalties but I play this game for fun, not to be someone else's object of fun!

Promotion/Advocating of EULA Violations; Content Removed, User Sanctioned.

Please be aware that advocating violations against the End User License Agreement is strictly prohibited on the public forum per forum rules.

/Bounty

Edited by Bounty, 10 October 2017 - 06:31 AM.

Profanisaurus #12 Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:15 AM

Major

• 2010 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View Postagingtanker, on 09 October 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

...depending on my mood [Content Removed]

Yeah.  [edited] the other 14 players on my team.  Why should I try my best just because they are.

[edited] me.

Edited by Bounty, 10 October 2017 - 06:31 AM.
Quote Updated

Salt glorious salt : They can not do what they want with unclearly way.

southerner #13 Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:28 AM

Captain

• 9912 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

From my observations of late, there are a lot of very angry players on this server, the fact that they let pixels trigger them is sad. I used to flame, but now i just laugh at the idiots doing the hating. Because at the end of the day, lets face it, its only a game and if players are immature enough to start hating it only affects them and their inner peace and unfortunately those around them.

So  just put them on blacklist.

As for OP case, I think WG needs to have another look at this police action for shooting annoying players. I personally like the idea if you keep shoving an ally for more than 4 seconds they immediately go blue, at 6 seconds they get an hours ban. This makes sure that no accidental contacts get taken into account. 

Edited by southerner, 10 October 2017 - 06:33 AM.

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

fizzydrink #14 Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

Sergeant

• 38518 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

1st don't shoot teamates,

2nd run away from teamkiller with huge alpha

it was a good game until

Radiactor #15 Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:58 PM

Corporal

• 16191 battles

View Postsoutherner, on 10 October 2017 - 06:28 AM, said:

As for OP case, I think WG needs to have another look at this police action for shooting annoying players. I personally like the idea if you keep shoving an ally for more than 4 seconds they immediately go blue, at 6 seconds they get an hours ban. This makes sure that no accidental contacts get taken into account. 

If they were to implement this, I would hope they add some logic to prevent a blue/ban if helping a flipped team mate.

As for the OP, you can log a support ticket if a team mate is pushing/blocking in a way that wouldn't be picked up by team damage/kill system (include the replay in the ticket). I'm not sure what (if anything) happens to the offending player, but the reply is better than "the automated system looks after it".

Don't shoot the offending team mate in those situations, as the automated system will punish you for 'doing the wrong thing' and that's usually what they want :amazed:

On a side note, not specific to x3/x5 weekends, but my winrate has fallen a bit since starting the grind through the AT series British TD's. I find they're too slow to relocate when required- usually get there too late.

MakeLoveAndWar #16 Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

Corporal

• 17440 battles
  • [SPQR] SPQR

View PostRadiactor, on 10 October 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

As for the OP, you can log a support ticket if a team mate is pushing/blocking in a way that wouldn't be picked up by team damage/kill system (include the replay in the ticket). I'm not sure what (if anything) happens to the offending player, but the reply is better than "the automated system looks after it".

Don't shoot the offending team mate in those situations, as the automated system will punish you for 'doing the wrong thing' and that's usually what they want :amazed:

Generally I just move away from the trouble and find another spot on the map. This applies to people who hide behind my TD in their HT, jump into my line of fire, block me from falling back to cover after shot or do something else that increases my chances of getting killed in their vicinity.

I've only mentioned that to illustrate the level of my frustration that day.

MakeLoveAndWar #17 Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

Corporal

• 17440 battles
  • [SPQR] SPQR

View Postsoutherner, on 10 October 2017 - 06:28 AM, said:

From my observations of late

Yeah, that's true, I've only started using black list as of late. I don't remember so many rude players when we had shared chat for 2 teams.

View Postagingtanker, on 10 October 2017 - 04:19 AM, said:

Game tactics is based on predictions. I can predict that going to point A in MT or point B in HT will increase the likelihood of winning, based on common game patterns. When you get a spike in players who do not follow the common patterns of their vehicle class (chai-sniping LTs expecting arty to scout for them, etc.) or players who don't follow common patterns because they are unicums, my predictions fail and so does my winrate.

Edited by MakeLoveAndWar, 10 October 2017 - 02:44 PM.

MagicalFlyingFox #18 Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24951 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
Unicums play on predictions too. They are just know where best to position themselves and have better mechanical skills. 

Sir_Direkin #19 Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:34 AM

First lieutenant

• 5829 battles

View PostRadiactor, on 10 October 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

If they were to implement this, I would hope they add some logic to prevent a blue/ban if helping a flipped team mate.

Same. I once saw a team mate turn blue while trying to upright another tank that was on its side. All those bumps caused team damage...

Radiactor #20 Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:13 AM

Corporal

• 16191 battles

View PostSir_Direkin, on 11 October 2017 - 01:34 AM, said:

Same. I once saw a team mate turn blue while trying to upright another tank that was on its side. All those bumps caused team damage...

I got a 1hour ban once for that... Trying to get a Scorpion (American tier 7) plat mate upright with my IS. Went blue then got disconnected a split second later.

I reckon it was 40hp worth of damage at most, but it was in several smaller increments which triggered the automated system.

I don't even try to upright team mates in paper tanks if I'm in a HT now. Not worth the risk :sceptic:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users