I hate x3 weekends...

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Does your win rate change during x3/x5 events ? (17 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battles in order to participate this poll.

Does your win rate change during x3/x5 events ?

1. No, that's tinfoilhead conspiracy (7 votes [41.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

2. Yes, there are more unicums playing and it's harder to influence battles (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Yes, RNG skyrockets because of players with stock brains trying to grind (9 votes [52.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

4. My winrate gets better (1 vote [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Hide poll

Nightlords_AU #41 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:02 AM

Corporal

• 31476 battles

Like so many people here already requested, if you are really looking for constructive criticism please just post a few replays where this happens. There are a lot of variables that you need to take into account for why this is happening. By letting us see HOW you play and explain to us YOUR decisions we can help you better. Without any context besides "I get arty focused" there is not a lot we can do. 

agingtanker #42 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:09 AM

Staff sergeant

• 12226 battles

Is this clearer for Steppes..... but we have probably taken this thread off topic far enough.  Moe than happy to set up a separate thread for any and all discussion on how to deal with 3 arty if others think it interesting enough!

Edited by agingtanker, 13 October 2017 - 07:13 AM.

Ezz #43 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:21 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 55487 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postagingtanker, on 13 October 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Is this clearer for Steppes.....

Not really given you were apparently in the NE shooting into the NW. Suggests late game or you've mixed up where you were. And fwiw late game arty focus is going to happen anyway as you're probably one of the few targets. Again, try to use as much cover as you can. Figure out which corners there arty is at and position as best you can.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

agingtanker #44 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• 12226 battles

View PostEzz, on 13 October 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

Not really given you were apparently in the NE shooting into the NW. Suggests late game or you've mixed up where you were. And fwiw late game arty focus is going to happen anyway as you're probably one of the few targets. Again, try to use as much cover as you can. Figure out which corners there arty is at and position as best you can.

??  I'm the red dot firing in the direction of the red arrow.  Spawned green headed NE and fired to the NW.  It was not late game.  Sorry if that was not clear.  I assume the centre of the compass to be me and not the centre of the map.

Edited by agingtanker, 13 October 2017 - 07:27 AM.

Nightlords_AU #45 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:26 AM

Corporal

• 31476 battles

View Postagingtanker, on 12 October 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

Is this clearer for Steppes..... but we have probably taken this thread off topic far enough.  Moe than happy to set up a separate thread for any and all discussion on how to deal with 3 arty if others think it interesting enough!

I agree just start that thread. If you want to learn you don't need other people to be interested. 

And this is why we need replays. Saying "im the red dot firing in that direction" is not enough. Tiers, team composition bedised number of arty, skills, equipment, number of enemies in front of you, number of allies with you, tank you are driving are all important pieces that we need to be aware of.

Edited by Nightlords_AU, 13 October 2017 - 07:28 AM.

Ezz #46 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 55487 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postagingtanker, on 13 October 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

??  I'm the red dot firing in the direction of the red arrow.  Spawned green headed NE and fired to the NW.  It was not late game.  Sorry if that was not clear.  I assume the centre of the compass to be me and not the centre of the map.

I'm with you now. I'd interpreted it more like you were up in A/B 6 area firing towards C2 sort of area.

As to D/E0, granted not a lot of great cover, but getting on those slopes can minimise your profile for arty. Beyond that, one thing to bear in mind is that generally speaking arty will choose the juiciest target and prioritise that. So make yourself look as unjuicy as you can.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

MagicalFlyingFox #47 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24951 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 12 October 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

Basically you went to the wrong position and got killed doing nothing. Feel free to ask what you're doing wrong and give us replays so we can point you in the right direction if you really want to stop getting annoyed at how little you do per game. 

Thingol #48 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

Captain

• 14954 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postagingtanker, on 13 October 2017 - 08:23 AM, said:

What replays?  What feedback?  I get generalisations and advice that 'you must be doing something wrong'.  If someone has an actual suggestion I am all ears....  So does anyone have a suggestion on how to avoid being continually tracked and stunned in 3 arty matchups?

If you can't be bothered to post your replays, then be prepared to put up with generalisations and quit whinging about it.

Multiple people have offered genuine reviews and you seem determined not to let it happen.

TD1 #49 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 8554 battles

View Postagingtanker, on 12 October 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

Mind me, but where do you get this? From a thread or a website? I like looking at pictures like this to determine WTF2G rather than words.

Sir_Direkin #50 Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:10 AM

First lieutenant

• 5829 battles

View PostRadiactor, on 11 October 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

I got a 1hour ban once for that... Trying to get a Scorpion (American tier 7) plat mate upright with my IS. Went blue then got disconnected a split second later.

I reckon it was 40hp worth of damage at most, but it was in several smaller increments which triggered the automated system.

I don't even try to upright team mates in paper tanks if I'm in a HT now. Not worth the risk :sceptic:

And when some knuckledragger 1-shots you with derp right at the start of the match, like what happened to me yesterday, they get off scott free, but like you I now give a second thought to helping team mates, in a way the automated system does kind of discourage it. It's kinda sad isn't it? It'll be a bit like China where no one helps anyone out, as being a good samaritan is a sure-fire way of getting punished.

But back on topic, x3 weekends like now? No end of shit games...

NameWasStolenStresslevel #51 Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:21 AM

Staff sergeant

• 29702 battles

View Postagingtanker, on 13 October 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

Agreed - makes it harder for a direct hit but splash radius is quite large and still does damage and typically, 3 arty do not sit in the one spot making it protect you from one arty direct hit - not 3 - but of course you have to be able to get there in the first place....

my advice for when you have to deal with arty is:

1. angle your turret upwards as a way to warn the sky viewers that you know there is shell incoming/try to blow up their shells in mid air by firing HE at it. Wave your turret side ways right and left in a way to provoke them as saying "no". 

2. blacklist all arty that tries/hit you. 

3. run as fast as possible towards arty, the closer you get from them, the harder it will be for them to hit you.

4. post a replay.

5. wait feedback.

6. polish how to do step 3 the right way.

7. Dont quote me in your replay's feedbacks as I do not guarantee the efficacy of this strategy. 

if its not working try skipping step 1, hiding from arty the whole game doesnt work, games with 3 arty are suppose to end fast. Make it happen!

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 14 October 2017 - 02:39 AM.

Forum Guy: "All that Marks of Excelence does is to encourage Damage farming over winning".

Me: "YES SIR, MOE does encourage dmg farm over winning, just like WINNING ENCOURAGES YOLO, Camping, gold spamming, noobs base capping , OP premium tier 8s purchases, chat rage and platooning to farm win ratio.... So i guess winning is much more [edited] and bad behavior than dmg farming???  Wait a minute, wow no one has ever thought about that this way??? Then I am a genius again..."                           *Lets put this on my signature*

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

MakeLoveAndWar #52 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

Corporal

• 17440 battles
  • [SPQR] SPQR

View PostSir_Direkin, on 14 October 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

But back on topic, x3 weekends like now? No end of shit games...

Well, quite decent on my end, but I'm one of those people who has platoon glitch so we may be separated on the server.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users