How to fix artillery.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

MattBrand_YouTube #1 Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:55 PM

Corporal

• Community Contributor
  • 4674 battles
  • [BRAND] BRAND

Hi guys, I decided to make a video on how I believe (and many others) Wargaming can fix artillery. I feel pretty strongly about this, but hear me out!

Puggsley #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:13 AM

First lieutenant

• 54322 battles
  • [T-C] T-C

Some points.

Yes several support tanks might target the same target, but isn't that good gameplay? Taking guns out of the game is a primary goal of this game. Focus fire is very powerful, it helps your team win. Its not good when you get focus fired by any class of tank. 

If multiple arty are firing at 1 target, there are a whole bunch of other tanks which are not getting shot at by those SPGs, so they will have a lot of flexibility to manoeuvre.

I have been running the arty hit counter for about 6 months now and I get hit about once every 2 games from arty on average. That is playing pretty aggressively, even in TDs. It sometimes feels like I get focussed on because I play in forward positions, but the stats don't really say that arty is smashing me all the time at all. I certainly remember times I was perma-stunned but I don't remember all the times when I don't.

How is it an issue with arty if other players don't carry fire extinguishers?? The vast number of shots do simple splash damage, and carrying a FE will limit fire damage. You pays your money, and you takes your chances.

Clickbait #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

Corporal

• 6543 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE
SPG is pretty fixed now if you ask me! :trollface:

BrutalOlyx #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:30 PM

Private

• 20153 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

I got to say that Arty does not bother me in the slightest. I probably kill 10 of them for every killshot they get on me.

Some guys hate autoloaders.. Some hate superheavies. Some hate high Alpha TDs. Some hate invisible camping TDs. Some hate annoying lights..

Personally I think TDs are more of a bane on the game than arty. Getting get for 400 every thirty seconds by an arty is far more preferable that getting smacked for 400 every 7 seconds by an invisible Strv 103

You yourself admitted that you dont play arty much, and that is maybe why you dont like them. If you start playing arty, you will begin to understand them, and once you understand them they become less of a problem.

Arty is my least played tank type. But I like playing them, I like playing against them, I like using them as tools to harvest spotting damage.

Arty is fine as it is IMO

agingtanker #5 Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:55 AM

Staff sergeant

• 11974 battles
My only issue with arty is not in the arty itself but the number of arty.  3 Arty on an open field will simply focus fire one target at a time destroying them without the need for anyone else actually engaging with the enemy - simply keep them lit (2min per top tier HT will suffice).  In my view 3 arty on an open map simply promotes camping (hide and stay unlit) when in fact it was theoretically introduced to discourage camping!

TrinityShock #6 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• 19277 battles

Arty is not the problem, most arty are blind, they rely on other tank types to spot for them. Focus fire on lights and mediums first and take their view range out of the game, then arty become less of a problem.

By destroying lights and mediums it also restricts the usefulness of hidden TD's. If you are getting targeted by arty then blame the lights or mediums that have you lit 

Restricting Arty to one per game is just not acceptable as it would mean excessive queue times for those who play arty.

Edited by TrinityShock, 13 October 2017 - 12:21 PM.

I kill pixels so I don't kill people.

AC-1 Sentinel needs some loving. AC-1 lowest DMP for Tier 4 Medium tank. Alpha is stupidly low, even for a light tank. It sees tier 6 tanks in game.

Seriously, how long does it take for an AC-1 to take down a tier 6 tank, it just doesn't happen. Please Buff the AC-1.

MagicalFlyingFox #7 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24842 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
Yes. I find it perfectly fine to be behind cover and splashed for over 200. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users