Perk : Designated Target

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

don_WarDaddy_AVI #1 Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

No Party, Without Arty!

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 1258 battles
hey guys... i just wanna clarify a doubt regarding the perk designated target.  What exactly does it do ? what does it mean by visible for 2 more seconds ? (and what are direct and indirect fire modes ?)
shot_001.jpg

Ezz #2 Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69271 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Basically when someone breaks vision contact they will still stay visible for everyone for a number of seconds (i think it's around 8 seconds, but i'm sure someone will know). If you have designated target and keep your gun pointing in their direction that contact will stay visible for an extra two seconds.

I have it on a few of my scouts but only really once you get up around 4 or 5 skills.

Edited by Ezz, 17 October 2017 - 07:50 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

starcross86 #3 Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 27482 battles
The thing i dont understand about is the indirect part of the designated target.

Ezz #4 Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:55 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69271 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I can only guess it means that clickers can see it too but not really sure. It seems a bit counter intuitive for them to highlight that indirect tho, so yeah nah dunno.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Puggsley #5 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

Captain

• 69731 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I've got it on one of my arty and it does seem to make some difference. You need to be highlighting the target as well.

Use auto aim to make sure the one you are highlighting stays lit for the extra time.

neokai #6 Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

View PostEzz, on 17 October 2017 - 07:49 AM, said:

Basically when someone breaks vision contact they will still stay visible for everyone for a number of seconds (i think it's around 8 seconds, but i'm sure someone will know). If you have designated target and keep your gun pointing in their direction that contact will stay visible for an extra two seconds.

I have it on a few of my scouts but only really once you get up around 4 or 5 skills.

8 to 10 sec iirc (it's randomized). Designated target will increase that to 10-12 sec.

Edited by neokai, 17 October 2017 - 01:38 PM.

Spoiler

Gen_Richo #7 Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

Sergeant

• 24044 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-
closed at OP request.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users