Jump to content


ANZ Server FAQ

servers switching servers server problems

  • Please log in to reply
521 replies to this topic

PeterF #461 Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:33 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 491 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    04-10-2015

My God, I've received two replies for the two tickets I placed into this transfer debacle and both show that the support services can't understand simple english. I'm getting the feeling that the replies are deliberately obtuse. How Wargaming think they can circumvent the Trade Practices act with impunity is very interesting.

How they are also trying to make it sound that some random from the NA group accidently used the word 'merge' instead of 'transfer' and that no one is really at fault in any way, well that's amazing. I have the email clearly stating that we would be eligible for an account merge which would combine all vehicles and provide gold for duplicates. It wasn't a flippant comment but an actual statement on what was going to happen.

Okay, the guy was wrong but I spent money on goods because of that statement. You do not get to falsely advertise a service, take my money and then deny the service whilst keeping my money. Take it up with Wargaming NA and make them pay for the goods, but you are otherwise screwing over paying customers.



s70blackhawk #462 Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:46 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 19682 battles
  • 83
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View PostPeterF, on 02 November 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

My God, I've received two replies for the two tickets I placed into this transfer debacle and both show that the support services can't understand simple english. I'm getting the feeling that the replies are deliberately obtuse. How Wargaming think they can circumvent the Trade Practices act with impunity is very interesting.

How they are also trying to make it sound that some random from the NA group accidently used the word 'merge' instead of 'transfer' and that no one is really at fault in any way, well that's amazing. I have the email clearly stating that we would be eligible for an account merge which would combine all vehicles and provide gold for duplicates. It wasn't a flippant comment but an actual statement on what was going to happen.

Okay, the guy was wrong but I spent money on goods because of that statement. You do not get to falsely advertise a service, take my money and then deny the service whilst keeping my money. Take it up with Wargaming NA and make them pay for the goods, but you are otherwise screwing over paying customers.

 

Trade practices act doesn’t exist anymore. It was replaced by the Competition and Consumer Act on 1st Jan 2011.  

They don’t seem to have to comply with Australian Law because they aren’t an Australian Company. Hence when you pay for stuff in the premium shop although it’s in AUD you get charged an international transfer fee from the bank because their account is in another country. 

 

So you are pretty much going to get cut and paste responses. 

 



JohnMatrixnz #463 Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 9373 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014
Just played on this server. Either it's full of new players or bots. Had to go back to SEA sadly. 

Ezz #464 Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 56274 battles
  • 32,839
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostJohnMatrixnz, on 02 November 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

Just played on this server. Either it's full of new players or bots. Had to go back to SEA sadly. 

 

Are you finding the wins too easy?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


Aussie_Kozzy #465 Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:49 AM

    Corporal

  • Administrator
  • 30 battles
  • 46
  • Member since:
    05-23-2017

View Posts70blackhawk, on 17 October 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

 

Actually, my point is, this is illegal, and you shouldn't use anything at all to do with the Australian Army. Just continue to use those fake emblems you've created and use the fake rank system you've created for the game.


Australian Army emblems are protected by Section 83 of the Defence Act 1903. In accordance with Section 83 of the Defence Act 1903, an emblem is a badge, regimental or other similar distinctive mark, an armlet or an accoutrement.
The approving authority is the Minister for Defence. The Minister has delegated the authority to the Chief of Army, Deputy Chief of Army, Chief of Staff – Army Headquarters, Deputy Chief of Staff – Army Headquarters and the Army Brand Manager.


Permission must be sought via the Army Brand Manager for the use of all Australian Army emblems. Approval will be considered on a case-by-case basis and no blanket approvals will be granted. All applications to use an Australian Army emblem should be accompanied by a visual representation of the proposed use.

 

WG have CLEARLY not done this.. it's not a matter of whether or not I'm offended, but this isn't legal.

 

 

 

[content removed]. There is a pride in wearing a uniform, and therefore a reason to protect it. [content removed]

 

 

personal attacks - post edited, user warned
~RlCHO

 

 

Hi S70Blackhawk,

 

I just wanted to give you an update on the situation, as we did actually reach out to the military and showed their brand team the advertisement. Based on their feedback and guidance around Australian Military Regulations 1927 legislation, it has been decided that the piece of creative is satirical and therefore fine.

 

Wargaming has a great deal of respect for the military and all serving, and former, members and have learned from this experience.

 

Thanks,

James



Centurion_IRL #466 Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:58 AM

    Fighting Irish

  • Senior Moderator
  • 27380 battles
  • 3,073
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012

View PostAussie_Kozzy, on 03 November 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

 

Hi S70Blackhawk,

 

I just wanted to give you an update on the situation, as we did actually reach out to the military and showed their brand team the advertisement. Based on their feedback and guidance around Australian Military Regulations 1927 legislation, it has been decided that the piece of creative is satirical and therefore fine.

 

Wargaming has a great deal of respect for the military and all serving, and former, members and have learned from this experience.

 

Thanks,

James

 

did they ask for bonus codes and Type 59s
 
 
I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support
 
"Judge me not by how I fall, but how I stand myself back up again"
 
“Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” 
 
 
 

s70blackhawk #467 Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:26 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 19682 battles
  • 83
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View PostAussie_Kozzy, on 03 November 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

 

Hi S70Blackhawk,

 

I just wanted to give you an update on the situation, as we did actually reach out to the military and showed their brand team the advertisement. Based on their feedback and guidance around Australian Military Regulations 1927 legislation, it has been decided that the piece of creative is satirical and therefore fine.

 

Wargaming has a great deal of respect for the military and all serving, and former, members and have learned from this experience.

 

Thanks,

James

 

great news! I’m glad I could educate.



JOC469 #468 Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

    Carried by [KELLY]

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 62593 battles
  • 4,919
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View PostAussie_Kozzy, on 03 November 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

 

Hi S70Blackhawk,

 

I just wanted to give you an update on the situation, as we did actually reach out to the military and showed their brand team the advertisement. Based on their feedback and guidance around Australian Military Regulations 1927 legislation, it has been decided that the piece of creative is satirical and therefore fine.

 

Wargaming has a great deal of respect for the military and all serving, and former, members and have learned from this experience.

 

Thanks,

James

 


View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!


Aussie_Kozzy #469 Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:52 AM

    Corporal

  • Administrator
  • 30 battles
  • 46
  • Member since:
    05-23-2017

View PostDance_Commander, on 01 November 2017 - 10:36 PM, said:

 

Weasel words, the post . jpg

 

The merge wasn't merely offered initially, then quickly corrected, the offer was left in place for what 2 and a half months? August 22 I entered my ticket to have my accounts merged. That's a little different from a quick typo that is swiftly resolved. That merge was dangled out in front of us. I pointed it out to friends. Friends of mine spent money they would not have otherwise spent BECAUSE the accounts were to be merged and now I feel like a piece of shit because they've wasted money on something I brought up. It's pure bait and switch. 

 

You want to do something for us, but can't because you can't do the merge? Fine. Refund us. Refund premiums, refund premium time. Refund gold. Do something other than spew empty platitudes. But you won't because you, much like the company you represent don't have the moral fortitude to do so.

 

Hi there, 

As Jake's manager speaking, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't shoot the messenger here. If you've ever worked for a big corporation then you would know that sometimes miscommunication happen. As I said we are investigating on ways to resolve this and appreciate it may not come as fast as we'd all like, but it's coming.

 

Both Jake and I work in the Player Relations team and are very vocal around these issues, so I assure you your voices are heard.

 

Thanks,

James

Player Relations manager, ANZ 



JOC469 #470 Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:55 AM

    Carried by [KELLY]

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 62593 battles
  • 4,919
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View PostPeterF, on 02 November 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

My God, I've received two replies for the two tickets I placed into this transfer debacle and both show that the support services can't understand simple english. I'm getting the feeling that the replies are deliberately obtuse. How Wargaming think they can circumvent the Trade Practices act with impunity is very interesting.

How they are also trying to make it sound that some random from the NA group accidently used the word 'merge' instead of 'transfer' and that no one is really at fault in any way, well that's amazing. I have the email clearly stating that we would be eligible for an account merge which would combine all vehicles and provide gold for duplicates. It wasn't a flippant comment but an actual statement on what was going to happen.

Okay, the guy was wrong but I spent money on goods because of that statement. You do not get to falsely advertise a service, take my money and then deny the service whilst keeping my money. Take it up with Wargaming NA and make them pay for the goods, but you are otherwise screwing over paying customers.

 

So what are you looking for as a resolution moving forward? 


View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!


Ezz #471 Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:55 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 56274 battles
  • 32,839
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostAussie_Kozzy, on 03 November 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

 

Hi there, 

As Jake's manager speaking, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't shoot the messenger here. If you've ever worked for a big corporation then you would know that sometimes miscommunication happen. As I said we are investigating on ways to resolve this and appreciate it may not come as fast as we'd all like, but it's coming.

 

Both Jake and I work in the Player Relations team and are very vocal around these issues, so I assure you your voices are heard.

 

Thanks,

James

Player Relations manager, ANZ 

 

While it's definitely a good to hear you guys care, you have to appreciate that these guys who expected a merge need more than just a 'don't shoot us'. They clearly are looking for someone to shoot, and or for you guys to take that responsibility on for them.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


Aussie_Kozzy #472 Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:13 AM

    Corporal

  • Administrator
  • 30 battles
  • 46
  • Member since:
    05-23-2017

View PostPeterF, on 02 November 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

My God, I've received two replies for the two tickets I placed into this transfer debacle and both show that the support services can't understand simple english. I'm getting the feeling that the replies are deliberately obtuse. How Wargaming think they can circumvent the Trade Practices act with impunity is very interesting.

How they are also trying to make it sound that some random from the NA group accidently used the word 'merge' instead of 'transfer' and that no one is really at fault in any way, well that's amazing. I have the email clearly stating that we would be eligible for an account merge which would combine all vehicles and provide gold for duplicates. It wasn't a flippant comment but an actual statement on what was going to happen.

Okay, the guy was wrong but I spent money on goods because of that statement. You do not get to falsely advertise a service, take my money and then deny the service whilst keeping my money. Take it up with Wargaming NA and make them pay for the goods, but you are otherwise screwing over paying customers.

 

Hi Peter,

 

This issue is something we are actively looking into and trying to come up with the best resolution. You're not alone, so we are working out the best fix.

 

Thanks,

James



Aussie_Kozzy #473 Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

    Corporal

  • Administrator
  • 30 battles
  • 46
  • Member since:
    05-23-2017

View PostEzz, on 03 November 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

 

While it's definitely a good to hear you guys care, you have to appreciate that these guys who expected a merge need more than just a 'don't shoot us'. They clearly are looking for someone to shoot, and or for you guys to take that responsibility on for them.

 

Absolutely, my team and I are sympathetic to the situation and are fighting for you guys. Unfortunately, as Jake said in his last post (which was written in conjunction with product managers), it's not a simple problem to fix so it may take time. Suffice to say I am sending the devs every post around this topic, so they know it's an issue.



SulzbergNZ #474 Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:43 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 40549 battles
  • 2
  • [LIFE] LIFE
  • Member since:
    10-28-2017

I've just transferred from NA server, any chance of getting server time extended to accommodate Western Australia? - extra 2 hrs?

 

Also looking for a new clan, I've been out of WoT for about a year any suggestions......, liking all the new features and changes in game, tanks etc...


Edited by SulzbergNZ, 03 November 2017 - 08:52 AM.


topshelf #475 Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:26 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 16914 battles
  • 508
  • [AAD] AAD
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012
Any stats on how things are going? Just before I logged off last night I saw approx 2800 players on Aussie server versus 12500 overall. Pretty good turn out. Is WoT seeing many long time dormant accounts testing out the Aussie server or that's standard Aussie / NZ per night turn out?

User_1000244419 #476 Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 28924 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    10-31-2017

View PostAussie_Kozzy, on 03 November 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

 

Absolutely, my team and I are sympathetic to the situation and are fighting for you guys. Unfortunately, as Jake said in his last post (which was written in conjunction with product managers), it's not a simple problem to fix so it may take time. Suffice to say I am sending the devs every post around this topic, so they know it's an issue.

 

Umm, how about people like me who already had an unused Asia WoT account and accidentally used the M4 + Personal reserve codes on it, thinking that my NA transfer had actually finally happened?
But.. .no, it hadn't.


Now I've got an M4 on an account I have never used as I didn't have the game files (NA files only) and the Asia server ticket response was basically "too bad, so sad", which is not quite as helpful as I was hoping for.

 

No, I've not played the M4 and it's likely the only tank in the account, apart from Franken and Stein.

 

Can I get it moved to my other Asia account, that was transferred over from NA?

 

And can I get the name transferred over, too? I'd like the same name as I had on NA server, obviously.

 

Thanks.



Centurion_IRL #477 Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:57 PM

    Fighting Irish

  • Senior Moderator
  • 27380 battles
  • 3,073
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012
Would be nice if the additional 2 hours was added on 1 at the start and 1 at the end 
 
 
I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support
 
"Judge me not by how I fall, but how I stand myself back up again"
 
“Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” 
 
 
 

Tanitha #478 Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

    WOT Producer

  • Administrator
  • 4206 battles
  • 7,623
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012

View PostCenturion_IRL, on 03 November 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

Would be nice if the additional 2 hours was added on 1 at the start and 1 at the end 

 

Would be nice if we can put it on full time : ) But one step at a time.
We will keep monitoring the server and will extend it when we can.

 

Regards
Tan


 

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

 

 


Tanitha #479 Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:56 PM

    WOT Producer

  • Administrator
  • 4206 battles
  • 7,623
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012



Dear ANZ..


As per the edits to the OP..

 

Thanks for your help and support with the ANZ server/periphery launch,

Due to the overwhelming response, we've already decided to extend the hours from 6pm-12am ADET to (6pm AEDT – 2am AEDT) on a trial basis.

Effective from now / today..

 

Or..

3pm AWST - 11pm AWST (Perth)

8pm NZDT - 4am NZDT (NZ)

 

And to all who were able to attend the Server Launch gathering in Sydney ..  (Photo above + More photos on facebook)

I/we hope you had a great time, and enjoyed the Vodka bar..

 

Have a great weekend.
*hugs* , Tan / Wargaming.

 


 

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

 

 


1997kyle1 #480 Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:07 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 36 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012
So when is my account going to be changed over to the Asia server from NA, I missed the first change over but I registered my NA account for the second change over. Just wonding if I was meant to  receive an email or something confirming I was registered... poor communication leads to stuff ups I would have through you guys would have made 100% sure everyone got over this time! 

Edited by 1997kyle1, 03 November 2017 - 09:07 PM.





10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users