• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

Politx_killer #301 Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:25 PM

Loard of Luck™

• Beta-Tester
  • 41917 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDanLBob, on 23 October 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

Well I have four accounts, three with T10's. Admittedly its only really useful if you are actively involved in CW etc.

Dan

whats the CW thing?

Good to see you are still alive Dan

Forever duelling with pistols for Reaps hat collection.

Also just for Feet

EdArmour #302 Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

Corporal

• 37194 battles

View PostPolitx_killer, on 23 October 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

whats the CW thing?

Good to see you are still alive Dan

Clan Wars ?

DanLBob #303 Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25191 battles

Is that not still what its called.

Dan

amade #304 Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:34 PM

Benign Troll

• 2015 battles

View PostRhysA, on 23 October 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

I registered a ticket with NA support last month to Transfer (when it included a premium tank and time)

Do I need to re-register using the survey?

They said if you have already expressed interest via support you don't have to do the survey, but if you want to be safe/doubly sure, by all means do the survey.

madgiecool #305 Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:48 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 899 battles

I put a ticket into WG Asia asking some questions about the server transfer.

The reply was to ask WG NA.

This is my account which I have spent alot of time and money on.  It's important to me to know how they are handling the transfer.  If the staff at WG Asia don't know, shouldn't they be proactive and find out?

In response to the above ticket I submitted a ticket to WG NA stating I want my transfer canceled.  The forum staff here have no sense of humor and at least one of them is unable to differentiate between a warning and a punishment.

Dan - your replies have been awesome.

GLHF

Edited by madgiecool, 24 October 2017 - 04:49 AM.

madgiecool #306 Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 899 battles

View PostPeterF, on 23 October 2017 - 01:02 AM, said:

There's now a screwup on the NA transfers to this server. Initially it was promised that our accounts would be merged but now it seems that they won't be. This is not cool because myself and others had already started buying some premiums in anticipation. Can any mod here clarify what the hell is happening? Any good will has completely evaporated with this transfer.

This^^^

Cronk #307 Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:47 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24407 battles

They added Australia to the server select drop down, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be live before the 1st of course, just getting it into the client ahead of time etc.

Interesting though that the other option is Hong Kong, I thought it was in Singapore? Is it being moved?

Edited by Cronk, 24 October 2017 - 06:50 AM.

Block Quote

WG will just do whatever is needed to keep us on the gerbil wheel. Logic is just the beef they put on the pill to make the dog swallow it.

Ezz #308 Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:52 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67345 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostCronk, on 24 October 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

They added Australia to the server select drop down, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be live before the 1st of course, just getting it into the client ahead of time etc.

Interesting though that the other option is Hong Kong, I thought it was in Singapore? Is it being moved?

At a guess 'W.o.T.' will remain the SG one, but the HK one seems to have snuck in relatively unannounced.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Cronk #309 Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:22 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24407 battles

Maybe, I initially ignored it as a generic entry, but checked the NA client and they don't have that, be interesting to see how a population split 3 ways turns out if that's the case.

Either way I just want one of the servers to come up so I can check out the Super Conqueror (and probably get malinovka encounter with 5 of them per side as my first battle in it)

Edited by Cronk, 24 October 2017 - 07:34 AM.

Block Quote

WG will just do whatever is needed to keep us on the gerbil wheel. Logic is just the beef they put on the pill to make the dog swallow it.

southerner #310 Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

Captain

• 16351 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

Maybe they are moving the server to Hong Kong because of all the issues that Singapore has been having for the last few years with cable faults. Could be WG leases a server(s) for X amount of years to get value for money, then towards the end of that time WG looks at performance for $$$$$ spent, and that singapore is sadly lacking performance wise, so as  the saying goes "im outta here"

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #311 Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

Professional Runner Away-er

• 29113 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View Postsoutherner, on 24 October 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

Maybe they are moving the server to Hong Kong because of all the issues that Singapore has been having for the last few years with cable faults. Could be WG leases a server(s) for X amount of years to get value for money, then towards the end of that time WG looks at performance for $$$$$ spent, and that singapore is sadly lacking performance wise, so as  the saying goes "im outta here"

Having a server in HK. Is going to be worse than SG..

Edited by Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin, 24 October 2017 - 09:02 AM.

2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM

southerner #312 Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

Captain

• 16351 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostRun_Away_Brave_sir_Robin, on 24 October 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

Having a server in HK. Is going to be worse than SG..

Dont worry me, long as we have our ANZ server for us in Aussie and kiwiland. Far as im concerned they can put the asian server in timbuktu for all I care.

Besides WoT relocating to Hong Kong may actually bring a drop in ping and a different set of protocols for repairing the cable so we dont have to wait for 3 months for the government officials to get off their arses and do something about it.

Still its no longer a problem for me.

Edited by southerner, 24 October 2017 - 09:55 AM.

jagdpanther01105 #313 Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:25 AM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 49 battles

So I got an email today with a button "Initiate transfer now" but when i click it a browser "Authentication required" comes up. 

Da faq do it do to transfer?

Does this mean i can start playing my old NA account on asia now?

Centurion_IRL #314 Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 29594 battles
  • [IRISH] IRISH

View Postjagdpanther01105, on 24 October 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

So I got an email today with a button "Initiate transfer now" but when i click it a browser "Authentication required" comes up. 

Da faq do it do to transfer?

Does this mean i can start playing my old NA account on asia now?

looks like everyone is having the problem

from the NA forums here

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

Spoiler

southerner #315 Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:51 PM

Captain

• 16351 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostCenturion_IRL, on 24 October 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

looks like everyone is having the problem

from the NA forums here

well I can still log in and play easy 

jumphonner #316 Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

First lieutenant

• 53195 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postsoutherner, on 24 October 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

Dont worry me, long as we have our ANZ server for us in Aussie and kiwiland. Far as im concerned they can put the asian server in timbuktu for all I care.

Besides WoT relocating to Hong Kong may actually bring a drop in ping and a different set of protocols for repairing the cable so we dont have to wait for 3 months for the government officials to get off their arses and do something about it.

Still its no longer a problem for me.

So you only play 6pm AEDST to 12am AEDST?

You might give a fig about where the server is if you play outside those hours, say during the day on the weekend or on a public holiday.

southerner #317 Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:57 PM

Captain

• 16351 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View Postjumphonner, on 24 October 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

So you only play 6pm AEDST to 12am AEDST?

You might give a fig about where the server is if you play outside those hours, say during the day on the weekend or on a public holiday.

i will worry about that as it happens, anything  about worrying before next wednesday about what will happen is wasted effort as far as im concerned. Besides if i wanted to play during the day i would just play the NA server, its only 112 ping rate for me, so I dont need to go on the Hong Kong cluster.

Edited by southerner, 24 October 2017 - 01:58 PM.

Aussie_Kozzy #318 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 1110 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hi everyone,

This morning you may have received an email with a link to the NA transfer site. But as some of our more savvy members would have noticed, the website isn’t active yet. Unfortunately we jumped the gun and it was missing some key information, such as the fact that the transfer website will not be live until Oct 26 at 9pm AEDT (Sydney)/ 3am PDT (California)/6am EST (New York). It will remain open until Nov 6 at 9pm AEDT (Sydney)/ 3am PDT (California)/6am EST (New York).

We apologise for any confusion this may have caused, please check back at the time above to complete your transfer.

Now, to the concerns around how account transfers work and any possible ‘merge’ of multiple accounts. While we acknowledge there has been some confusion around wording originally sent in relation to possible ‘account merges’, at this stage it is not possible for us to merge NA accounts with Asia accounts due to current technology constraints.

If you register your NA account to be transferred to the Asia server, it will not be merged with your Asia account. In order to get your NA account transferred over to the Asia server, you will need separate email addresses for each account. If your Asia and NA accounts are currently on different email addresses, you should be fine to go. If they use the same email address you will need to create a new email address for the NA account to link to. Our system will not allow you to link two accounts to one email address. Once the website is active and you are logged in with your current NA account, you enter the desired email address for the account to be linked to.

We understand some of you strongly wish to merge accounts and while we can’t currently offer that, we are actively looking into how to make it possible. However please note there is currently no available timeframe for when this might be completed.

The final looming question is what will be transferred over and will any profile data be lost during that process. The good news here is that everything in your NA account will be copied over as it was to your new Asia account. Premium tanks, crew XP, player XP, premium time – the lot. It will all be there in your Asia account like it was in your NA account.   

Thanks,

Wargaming ANZ

Zardenagger2 #319 Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:36 PM

Private

• 134 battles

View PostAussie_Kozzy, on 24 October 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

Hi everyone,

This morning you may have received an email with a link to the NA transfer site. But as some of our more savvy members would have noticed, the website isn’t active yet. Unfortunately we jumped the gun and it was missing some key information, such as the fact that the transfer website will not be live until Oct 26 at 9pm AEDT (Sydney)/ 3am PDT (California)/6am EST (New York). It will remain open until Nov 6 at 9pm AEDT (Sydney)/ 3am PDT (California)/6am EST (New York).

We apologise for any confusion this may have caused, please check back at the time above to complete your transfer.

Now, to the concerns around how account transfers work and any possible ‘merge’ of multiple accounts. While we acknowledge there has been some confusion around wording originally sent in relation to possible ‘account merges’, at this stage it is not possible for us to merge NA accounts with Asia accounts due to current technology constraints.

If you register your NA account to be transferred to the Asia server, it will not be merged with your Asia account. In order to get your NA account transferred over to the Asia server, you will need separate email addresses for each account. If your Asia and NA accounts are currently on different email addresses, you should be fine to go. If they use the same email address you will need to create a new email address for the NA account to link to. Our system will not allow you to link two accounts to one email address. Once the website is active and you are logged in with your current NA account, you enter the desired email address for the account to be linked to.

We understand some of you strongly wish to merge accounts and while we can’t currently offer that, we are actively looking into how to make it possible. However please note there is currently no available timeframe for when this might be completed.

The final looming question is what will be transferred over and will any profile data be lost during that process. The good news here is that everything in your NA account will be copied over as it was to your new Asia account. Premium tanks, crew XP, player XP, premium time – the lot. It will all be there in your Asia account like it was in your NA account. 

Thanks,

Wargaming ANZ

Aussie_Kozzy,

There are some of us who have the same in-game name on both SEA and NA clusters.  for example, Zardenagger exists on both, but in my case, I've used different email addresses for them.

Has this been considered?

Will they attempt to rename the new copy to some other name? (Like Zardenagger2 for example?)

Or will they contact us if this becomes an issue?

PS: was good to meet you in Auckland last Friday.

Edited by Zardenagger, 24 October 2017 - 04:36 PM.

sfaroin #320 Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:41 PM

Private

• 29 battles

View PostAussie_Kozzy, on 24 October 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

MyWoTAccount@gmail.com

MyWoTAccount+SEA@gmail.com

will this be considerated as different mail address?

Edited by sfaroin, 24 October 2017 - 04:42 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users