• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

stewiejp #341 Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:12 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 44441 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostCenturion_IRL, on 25 October 2017 - 04:31 AM, said:

when I transferred over the prems I had got removed and the gold value credited. 

As far as I can tell - this is what was originally promised, and is all people are after. The merge clearly stated whatever was in the NA account would be added to the ASIA account, with "normal" tanks that are duplicated credited with silver, premiums with gold. The "new" idea is to simply replace the ASIA account with whatever was in the NA garage - the "merge" appears to be now off the table. It looks bad, sloppy and unprofessional.

The merge was a great promotion to get (predominantly ANZ) players who are still on NA, on board the ASIA and soon AU server especially after their NA connection may have suffered with the NA server moving to Chicago. It was also a good piece of WG's marketing for the AU server. Unfortunately the changing of the conditions appears to have left a sour taste in peoples' mouths and I do not blame them.

Aussie Kozzy

While we acknowledge there has been some confusion around wording originally sent in relation to possible ‘account merges’, at this stage it is not possible for us to merge NA accounts with Asia accounts due to current technology constraints.

Sorry Aussie Kozzy, and I realise it is never fun to be the bearer of bad news but I find it hard to believe "technology constraints" are holding this great idea back. Surely whoever proposed the merge in the first place wasn't just making stuff up and had the nod from the powers that be? If that is the case (technology constraints) then a bit of manpower needs to be invested into doing it manually. Credit the account manually with whatever the player has/had, let them know it may take a bit of time but they will get what is theirs. However (and I'm no computer expert) surely two snapshots of the two accounts can be made and somehow work out easily and simply how to make this happen.

"It's their fault, not ours" is something I am reading a bit regarding NA and ASIA in players' communication about the issue - let's not go down that route and be like politicians, blame the other end for the mistake. Just fix it. The players transferring will appreciate it, and so will the players hoping to make the AU server a success. WG ASIA need to do everything they can to get players online for that to happen - and that includes fixing this stuff up promptly, to the benefit of not just the players transferring but the players who are already organising to welcome them into clans, platoons and ANZ communities in general. I can understand NA not being that interested in the merge since they will be the ones losing players - so ASIA should step up and make some decent offers as the ASIA / AU servers will be the ones benefiting from these customers coming (back) and hopefully spending their hard earned cash.

Aussie Kozzy

We understand some of you strongly wish to merge accounts and while we can’t currently offer that, we are actively looking into how to make it possible. However please note there is currently no available timeframe for when this might be completed.

On a positive note - this is good to hear - I firmly believe the players affected will appreciate it, and understand if it does take a bit of time.

I was very sceptical with the announcement of the AU part time server, but will actively support it and give it a red hot go. WG should do the same, and enabling the NA transfer smoothly should help. The more players the better right?

Edited by stewiejp, 25 October 2017 - 06:16 AM.

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

Aussie_Kozzy #342 Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:12 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 1297 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostNhaEmBanHanh_, on 24 October 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

I have same email account. So, what happen with my WoWs Sea account? They will be move to new email or not?

No, WoWS is uneffected

Aussie_Kozzy #343 Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:17 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 1297 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostHuntnkil, on 24 October 2017 - 10:32 PM, said:

This is madness, my post in this thread was deleted, because I posted, it was replied to, and then mysteriously it was gone, the thread you shutdown was started about the failure of the merger/transfer process and not about this innocuous thread where apparently you can't air a grievance about the fact the merger/transfer process has been a complete debacle. There wasn't a "mistake" or a misinterpretation of wording, there was a clear offer made by wargaming fro players to "merge" their NA accounts into their SEA accounts and if we took up that offer there were additional rewards we would receive.

And here is the proof in the response confirming the "merger" of my accounts and the associated rewards:

Thank you for your interest in transferring servers.

We have reviewed your account and confirmed that you are eligible for a transfer to the SEA region. Currently, we are in the 'information gathering and optimizing' stage of rolling out the North American Central server. This includes the 9.20 update, after which we will be able to coordinate the transfer process in September with our colleagues from the SEA offices.

This ticket is only to confirm that you want to be included on the transfer list, which you've been added to.

We will contact you via email, and advise when we're able to begin. At that point we will ask you for a final confirmation of your opt-in.

Details of a transfer are as follows:

• Transfers are for Asia Pacific residents only.
  • Only your WoT PC account will be moved as part of the transfer. Should you already have an existing account in the SEA region, your North American account will be merged, and you'll receive compensation for any duplicate premium vehicles.
  • This is a one way ticket. You may only return to North American servers by starting an entirely new account.
  • Your account may be suspended for up to one week to facilitate the transfer process.
  • Your social lists (Friends/Blocked) will be wiped.

To compensate you for the transfer process, we will reward you with:

• A week’s premium time for those who transfer to Asia.
  • Plus an AUS AC1 Sentinel tank + a garage slot. If you already own a AC1, you will receive the gold equivalent.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Mark Allen
Wargaming America Support

Please don't forget to fill out our survey once your ticket has been completed.

Wargaming Support is now on Twitter! Follow us @WargamingCS for updates and announcements. https://twitter.com/WargamingCS

So do me a favour and stop all this nonsense about I misinterpreted what was offered and fix it.

Hi there,

I completely understand your frustration and I assure you that everyone in the company is reading this feedback. As I said there was a misunderstanding internally and the messaging with the term 'merge' should never have been sent out. However, it was sent out and we're actively looking at solutions tot his situation. Building new functionality takes time, so bear with us. 

Aussie_Kozzy #344 Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:23 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 1297 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostHuntnkil, on 24 October 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

I'd suggest that NA and SEA get on the same page and stop feeding misinformation. Everyone knew about the offer, it was emailed to people, I'm guessing anyone who had Australia as their country of origin on their account. But why in gods name does anyone, especially a mod, attempt to cover it up, like it never happened, and then carry on like somehow we're talking about 2 separate entities. Wargaming is 1 company! they operate in multiple regions and within those regions they have people who manage their servers, but somehow there is an attempt to make out like somehow one doesn't talk to the other or have control over anything the other does...ITS THE ONE COMPANY!

Either way they should admit they made a mistake, fix it so people who were told they were being merged, get merged (and while it may be more work than they intended it possible) and we move on. Or they can keep up the charade and pretend like it was never offered and prove they really care little for their customers and its all about money.

Mate, nobody is denying the mistake we made. We're aware of it and are trying to actively come up with solutions to fix it. Sadly, adding in the functionality to merge accounts can't be fixed with the click of a finger, so we may be able to find other options until that is possible. As I said, bear with us.

I know I may be the middle man right now, but I promise you when I say that I take my role as the voice of the player within the company seriously and am working hard to find a solution.

Thanks

Koz

Aussie_Kozzy #345 Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 1297 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Poststewiejp, on 25 October 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

As far as I can tell - this is what was originally promised, and is all people are after. The merge clearly stated whatever was in the NA account would be added to the ASIA account, with "normal" tanks that are duplicated credited with silver, premiums with gold. The "new" idea is to simply replace the ASIA account with whatever was in the NA garage - the "merge" appears to be now off the table. It looks bad, sloppy and unprofessional.

The merge was a great promotion to get (predominantly ANZ) players who are still on NA, on board the ASIA and soon AU server especially after their NA connection may have suffered with the NA server moving to Chicago. It was also a good piece of WG's marketing for the AU server. Unfortunately the changing of the conditions appears to have left a sour taste in peoples' mouths and I do not blame them.

Sorry Aussie Kozzy, and I realise it is never fun to be the bearer of bad news but I find it hard to believe "technology constraints" are holding this great idea back. Surely whoever proposed the merge in the first place wasn't just making stuff up and had the nod from the powers that be? If that is the case (technology constraints) then a bit of manpower needs to be invested into doing it manually. Credit the account manually with whatever the player has/had, let them know it may take a bit of time but they will get what is theirs. However (and I'm no computer expert) surely two snapshots of the two accounts can be made and somehow work out easily and simply how to make this happen.

"It's their fault, not ours" is something I am reading a bit regarding NA and ASIA in players' communication about the issue - let's not go down that route and be like politicians, blame the other end for the mistake. Just fix it. The players transferring will appreciate it, and so will the players hoping to make the AU server a success. WG ASIA need to do everything they can to get players online for that to happen - and that includes fixing this stuff up promptly, to the benefit of not just the players transferring but the players who are already organising to welcome them into clans, platoons and ANZ communities in general. I can understand NA not being that interested in the merge since they will be the ones losing players - so ASIA should step up and make some decent offers as the ASIA / AU servers will be the ones benefiting from these customers coming (back) and hopefully spending their hard earned cash.

On a positive note - this is good to hear - I firmly believe the players affected will appreciate it, and understand if it does take a bit of time.

I was very sceptical with the announcement of the AU part time server, but will actively support it and give it a red hot go. WG should do the same, and enabling the NA transfer smoothly should help. The more players the better right?

Trust me when I say we are giving it the reddest of red hot goes. Sadly, some mistakes were made and we're doing our best to fix them in a timely manner, however the nature of how building functionality with a computer program goes, it often takes time.

We're looking at all our options here so hold tight :)

I assure you all of your voices are heard.

Fugur #346 Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

Private

• 1903 battles
  • [138DK] 138DK

Hey Kozzy, what happens if both accounts have the same email on WoT, and if i need to change it, how do i do that because i thought the survey was final and changing email normally will take me a month because of the phone thing

Aussie_Kozzy #347 Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 1297 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostFugur, on 25 October 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

Hey Kozzy, what happens if both accounts have the same email on WoT, and if i need to change it, how do i do that because i thought the survey was final and changing email normally will take me a month because of the phone thing

The next step will ask you to nominate another email address if that's the case :)

MagicalFlyingFox #348 Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32773 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Not sure why people think HK server will be better than SG server. Its further away so ping is slightly higher and its not unaffected by outages, Right now there is an outage causing traffic to be routed to NA.

The main advantage will be for the rest of ASIA.  

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

anonym_hdPAYajAdUWV #349 Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

Private

• 0 battles

View PostAussie_Kozzy, on 25 October 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

The next step will ask you to nominate another email address if that's the case :)

Hey Kozzy,  do I change the email on my NA account or the SEA account?  Like a lot of us we were told by NA to create an account on SEA with same email and username to try SEA because they would be merged.

i have 12K+ battles on my NA account and don’t want to stuff it up. My SEA account has only a few 100 battles. Would it be better to change my SEA email?   Like others have mentioned we were asked by NA to nominate an email address for the merge, if we change the NA email will it disqualify us?

I’ve left support queries around this but no response to date.

anonym_hdPAYajAdUWV #350 Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Private

• 0 battles
So this was the reply from NA support about my enquiry on duplicate email/username......  thanks for your enquiry but you’re not important.

Thank you for contacting us regarding a server transfer.

More information about the transfer programs will be shared on the forums once the details are ironed out so check back regularly. Right now our focus is on our players who are closer to a regional server that they are currently not playing on, and whose gaming experience will benefit from a transfer.

Please feel free to visit this link for any further inquiries you may have: Frequently Asked Questions

We look forward to see you back on the battlefield, Commander!

Have a great day and keep those tanks rolling!

Fugur #351 Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

Private

• 1903 battles
  • [138DK] 138DK

View PostAussie_Kozzy, on 25 October 2017 - 01:32 AM, said:

Thanks for the response, Lets just hope this isn't miss information but at this stage the chances of that are extremely low (Meant no offence)

timo1234100 #352 Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

Private

• 13884 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE
Well rip all your players who were hyped so badly for this merge. I guess we don't even get compensation because its WG

Huntnkil #353 Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:44 PM

Corporal

• 2923 battles

Ok thats all great, but what do we do in the mean time? Do we take the transfer without any confirmation of a merge or do we wait? because other than getting some ping advantage I'm not sure there is much benefit. And there the fact I'd have to create a whole separate email account.

Then theres still the fact I've wasted real cash, the fact i just don't feel like WG give a damn...

Huntnkil #354 Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

Corporal

• 2923 battles

And again my support ticket is answer with cut and paste response which clearly demonstrates they failed to actually read my ticket. awesome, completed wasted the last 3 months and hundreds of dollars. I know I'm just a lone number to a company like WG but wow, what a way to treat customers.

It one thing to claim misinterpretation or mistakes, its another to completely ignore my requests for support, and then to not even read them and response with generic cut and paste crap. I hope thye know their AUS servers will fail now, because I can guarantee I am not the only one completely over the poor treatment.

rag3tank #355 Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:25 PM

Private

• 627 battles

I'll happily have the SEA account I was playing in anticipation of the "merge" deleted and all purchases refunded. The fact is whether it was a mistake or not the player base was informed there was a "merge" and it took until several months later for WG to turn around and say "Well Actually..". This isn't and issue of will it be fixed sorry WG you already screwed that up for yourself it's a when. I'm fairly certain this includes a huge majority of the AUS playerbase so it would be advantageous to rectify the solution. 

Heres some ideas since WG is " working hard to find a solution.":

- Full refund of purchases between when users were notified of the "merge" and now

- Do the "merge" (Technology Issues - find a better excuse lmao)

madgiecool #356 Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:29 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 900 battles

View PostAussie_Kozzy, on 25 October 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

Hi there,

I completely understand your frustration and I assure you that everyone in the company is reading this feedback. As I said there was a misunderstanding internally and the messaging with the term 'merge' should never have been sent out. However, it was sent out and we're actively looking at solutions tot his situation. Building new functionality takes time, so bear with us. 

Anyone would think this was the first time transfers were offered to players to change servers from NA to Asia.  Please remind me is this the 3rd or 4th?  

Initially I was excited by the transfer, but the deal went sour very fast and I was very disappointed by the whole event.  

After trying WoWP 2.0, I'm very glad I stayed on NA, my 3 accounts (WoWP, WoT and WoWS) are all linked sharing prem time (and for WoT and WoWP, gold and free XP).

madgiecool #357 Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:46 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 900 battles

View PostHuntnkil, on 26 October 2017 - 12:48 AM, said:

And again my support ticket is answer with cut and paste response which clearly demonstrates they failed to actually read my ticket. awesome, completed wasted the last 3 months and hundreds of dollars. I know I'm just a lone number to a company like WG but wow, what a way to treat customers.

It one thing to claim misinterpretation or mistakes, its another to completely ignore my requests for support, and then to not even read them and response with generic cut and paste crap. I hope thye know their AUS servers will fail now, because I can guarantee I am not the only one completely over the poor treatment.

OMG - I had the same response to my ticket!

I was very kindly asked to contact WGNA.

As the server transfer involves both parties (NA and Asia) wouldn't it have been more professional for the admin to contact WGNA, and then pass the answer to me (and the community). 

I would have thought that if anyone would be communicating in regards to this topic, it would have been WG to WG. 

Spoiler

Edited by madgiecool, 26 October 2017 - 05:49 AM.

Ezz #358 Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:50 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69158 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
WG communicating with each other?!? Lol.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Huntnkil #359 Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:56 AM

Corporal

• 2923 battles

Exactly that's the rub. 2 accounts means spending for 2 lots of premium time and boosts etc. It pure and simply looks like a money grab. I've asked several times in support tickets for either my accounts to be merged or a full refund of purchases on my accounts since they offered the merge, because I (like I'm sure many others did) then stupidly spent money buying tanks and premium time and boots etc under their impression they would all be merged into my one account on SEA and I would go on my merry way playing the game with my friends and spending my money on your crazy expensive tanks.

Thanks once again for ruining any enjoyment many of us had for this game. And saying "but ASIA are trying o help you guys" isn't good enough, and quite frankly I don't see one thing having been done to accommodate either a refund or a merge, all I see is cut and paste responses from support and admins trying to quiet people without addressing the issue and just hoping it will go away.

The fact of the matter is WG made an offer or server transfer with account merger and associated rewards for doing so. I (an thousands of others) accepted that offer, in writing. Now where i come from (Australia) and in probably plenty of other countries that's what we call a contract, a legally binding contract in fact. So please cease this nonsense about misunderstanding, or misinterpretation. I have the records of the offer and my acceptance, and regardless of your technology issues there are only 2 options legally speaking. You either:

1 - meet your obligations under the contract, which is to say you merge the NA accounts with the SEA accounts and provide the associated rewards; or

2 - you admit you failed in you obligation to meet the expectations of the contract and due to this failure you are refunding the goods and services we purchased (in good faith of the merge) between the time in which you offered the merge and today.

In case you're not sure, here's some info:

The Elements of a Contract

Generally a Contract must have the following elements to be valid:

• A valid and binding agreementThis means there must be a valid offer and there must be acceptance of the offer. Acceptance can be oral, written or by way of conduct; (oh it was accepted)
  • Consideration. Consideration can be anything of value promised to another, it can be in the form of money, a service, or a promise to undertake, or refrain from undertaking an action;
  • Capacity. The parties must have the capacity to enter into legal relations. The parties must be of legal age and of sound mind, note however that legal age may be waived in some cases, such as for the purchase of a necessity; (pretty sure a multi-million dollar company who releases and email with an offer is considered to have "capacity" ;)
  • Intention. Both parties must intend upon, or expect the agreement to be legally binding; (I damn sure did expect our agreement to be binding, hence why I submitted a ticket and got it in writing!
  • Formalities. A contract is valid in whatever form (written, oral or both), provided all the elements for its validity are present. In some cases, contracts must comply with certain formalities, such as being written, otherwise it is unenforceable; and (sounds enforceable to me :P )
  • Legal purpose. The contract must meet the requirement of both implied and express statutory legality, and for common law legality.

A contract that meets all these requirements is valid. When any of the elements mentioned is lacking, vitiated or irregular, the contract may become void, voidable or unenforceable.

Have a nice day WG

Edited by Centurion_IRL, 26 October 2017 - 08:06 AM.
red text removed

Centurion_IRL #360 Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:08 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 29727 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

Which account did you buy the prem tanks on?

If it was NA then you wont lose them they will placed in your ASIA account, same with prem time and gold on NA.

Like most I suspect you are concerned for what happens to the prem tanks etc that you bought for the ASIA account.

Edited by Centurion_IRL, 26 October 2017 - 08:11 AM.

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users