The Definitive ANZ Server Thread

servers switching servers server problems

• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

isaman_fighter #401 Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:25 PM

Private

• 1624 battles

G'day Mates,

i feel your pain, i got pisst off with the SEA server so i created an account on the NA jest to get away from the crap and only found out from my SEA login that there is a ANZ proxy server after being away for two years.

but i have decided to keep my NA account so incase i have trouble with either one of them i can switch.

i had to lol at some of the so called experts having a go at Mates who think the low pig will make them better players, some of them will and some of them won't but i do know some of my games will, 

i have lost count of the number of times from LAG i have been spat out the other side right in front of the enemy and had my [edited] shot off and killed or shot into orbit and land upside down dead, and not knowing how the game may have ended

really rubbed me the wrong way. 

Good Luck to all with dealing WG...........you are going to need it.          

anonym_hdPAYajAdUWV #402 Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:07 PM

Private

• 0 battles

View Postamade, on 27 October 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

They even warned you that if you are clan leader, you need to transfer leadership to someone else before transferring.

That would be fine if any of the clan members were staying on NA. All are Aussie and are transferring to SEA...

Edited by Funkymunkee, 27 October 2017 - 02:10 PM.

Captain_Cypher #403 Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

Private

• 5161 battles

At the admin staff is there any plan on giving any sort of compensation for the stuff arounds that has happened with this transfer as it was really annoying being told we could, then couldn't merge accounts. its just when u guys did the original transfer to Asia when it first started the members who moved got a reasonable reward for the stuff ups that happened then 

BlankAbyss #404 Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

Private

• 2431 battles
Well, I've just transfered over and hopefully all goes well when I can play again in a couple weeks.

Bandito_Jnr #405 Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:12 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 31456 battles

update on my ticket 

HI Thuglyfe,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support!

Regrettably, we are no longer able to transfer player accounts to different servers. 

merge great success HIGH FIVE!!!

hahaha omg 

Centurion_IRL #406 Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:15 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 29726 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN
I have asked the question if there will be another round once the queries are all sorted and of course the announcement of the ANZ server was made after the cut off date.

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

Spoiler

Bandito_Jnr #407 Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 31456 battles
thanks cent :) 

shimmy #408 Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 2390 battles

View Postmadgiecool, on 25 October 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

OMG - I had the same response to my ticket!

I was very kindly asked to contact WGNA.

As the server transfer involves both parties (NA and Asia) wouldn't it have been more professional for the admin to contact WGNA, and then pass the answer to me (and the community). 

I would have thought that if anyone would be communicating in regards to this topic, it would have been WG to WG. 

Spoiler

shimmy #409 Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:07 AM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 2390 battles

View Postshimmy, on 28 October 2017 - 12:06 AM, said:

Same email to me too follow all instructions given by wargaming NA

Aestayar #410 Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

Private

• 682 battles
  • [UNSW] UNSW

-Did not receive email with link to website

-Receives only email with password

-NA Email and Email pass does not work with https://transfer.worldoftanks.com/

Whelp, guess transfer isn't going to happen for me at this rate.

Already opened support ticket to WG NA yesterday.

1997kyle1 #411 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:08 AM

Private

• 36 battles

Long time member first time poster.

So first of all to make a comment on this i had to create a Asian account (already have a NA max account) and play 20 [edited] games. what a joke! wargaming.net you need to sort your shit out. Okay so i have been making tickets for the last week trying to find out a little more about the email i got. I'm an Aussie that like many made a NA account years ago. This process is so painstakingly hard, 1 person reply's saying "hey commander we have checked you account and it looks like you are legible to transfer sever's just fill the form out." then they close the ticket... like come on you should be giving me a link to the form at least. so after 9 tickets both on the Asia side and the NA side i finally get a link to this page. i read the page and find out that i have missed the cut-off date by 1 day!... through out the ticket procedure i was told i should hurry up and submit a form before the 1-11-2017 because after that i wont be able to change. look this whole situation is poorly ran, monitored and overseen im very unhappy about this and i'm not a free loading player, i have spend well over $500 on this game and never complained about the ping i was getting or anything, but this is to far.

ALSO the Asia support team are twice as good as the NA team, i got so much more information out of the Asia team

There is also a problem with changing my NA account over to the Asia server

The account i'm trying to transfer from (NA to Asia) has the same username as my account on Asia, i raised this question wargaming had no idea what i was even saying and i had to make multiple tickets to get a answer out of them. so far i have changed the email address on one of the accounts. the only problem with changing the username of one of them is it costs gold, gold i'm not willing to spend until this shit is sorted out. my account on the Asia server (this server) was made years ago, now it hasn't been played on much at all hens me having to play 20 games before i could post this. BUT i have picked up some promo stuff on it (300 gold plus a few xp bonus things and the M4 improved tank).  if there's no other choice i'm happy to just delete MY ASIA ACCOUNT. but i'm sure you guys can help me out and transfer that stuff onto my NA account before we delete it.   

I have been told that wargaming have jumped the gun with this whole thing anyway and there going to have to sort some things out so hopefully someone will see this and REPLY to me. Thank you.

Some photo's of myself trying to get a intelligent answer out of these ticket monitors. NOTE my fist ticket was submitted on the 18-10-2017, simply asking where i can apply for this server swap.

6c686b237dce735454d25c5077951b56.png5cfa413d9c98517a1362e49649c4d90c.png19ceb6a5f931b3bd5b268eab5bae0b9a.png887b6ee0cf90f56740f1451761327c7f.png

*Edit i would like to change to the Asia server on my account "1997kyle1" 

Edited by 1997kyle1, 29 October 2017 - 12:10 AM.

madgiecool #412 Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:59 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 900 battles

View Post1997kyle1, on 29 October 2017 - 04:08 AM, said:

So first of all to make a comment on this i had to create a Asian account (already have a NA max account) and play 20 [edited] games. what a joke! wargaming.net you need to sort your shit out. Okay so i have been making tickets for the last week trying to find out a little more about the email i got. I'm an Aussie that like many made a NA account years ago. This process is so painstakingly hard, 1 person reply's saying "hey commander we have checked you account and it looks like you are legible to transfer sever's just fill the form out." then they close the ticket... like come on you should be giving me a link to the form at least. so after 9 tickets both on the Asia side and the NA side i finally get a link to this page. i read the page and find out that i have missed the cut-off date by 1 day!... through out the ticket procedure i was told i should hurry up and submit a form before the 1-11-2017 because after that i wont be able to change. look this whole situation is poorly ran, monitored and overseen im very unhappy about this and i'm not a free loading player, i have spend well over $500 on this game and never complained about the ping i was getting or anything, but this is to far.

ALSO the Asia support team are twice as good as the NA team, i got so much more information out of the Asia team

The account i'm trying to transfer from (NA to Asia) has the same username as my account on Asia, i raised this question wargaming had no idea what i was even saying and i had to make multiple tickets to get a answer out of them. so far i have changed the email address on one of the accounts. the only problem with changing the username of one of them is it costs gold, gold i'm not willing to spend until this shit is sorted out. my account on the Asia server (this server) was made years ago, now it hasn't been played on much at all hens me having to play 20 games before i could post this. BUT i have picked up some promo stuff on it (300 gold plus a few xp bonus things and the M4 improved tank).  if there's no other choice i'm happy to just delete MY ASIA ACCOUNT. but i'm sure you guys can help me out and transfer that stuff onto my NA account before we delete it.   

I have been told that wargaming have jumped the gun with this whole thing anyway and there going to have to sort some things out so hopefully someone will see this and REPLY to me. Thank you.

Some photo's of myself trying to get a intelligent answer out of these ticket monitors. NOTE my fist ticket was submitted on the 18-10-2017, simply asking where i can apply for this server swap.

6c686b237dce735454d25c5077951b56.png5cfa413d9c98517a1362e49649c4d90c.png19ceb6a5f931b3bd5b268eab5bae0b9a.png887b6ee0cf90f56740f1451761327c7f.png

Lol - I found it to be the other way around.  Thou my glass is 1/2 empty, not 1/2 full.

NA support is half as bad as Asia support

WG screwed up all the previous transfers, I thought this one was going to work.  I wanted it to work even thou I was warned against it by players who took advantage of the previous transfers.

I see now the tank and other promo stuff was just a carrot.  Which makes me wonder what WG gains by bribing players to transfer?

Edited by madgiecool, 29 October 2017 - 09:36 AM.

1997kyle1 #413 Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:08 AM

Private

• 36 battles

View Postmadgiecool, on 29 October 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

Lol - I found it to be the other way around.  Thou my glass is 1/2 empty, not 1/2 full.

NA support is half as bad as Asia support

WG screwed up all the previous transfers, I thought this one was going to work.  I wanted it to work even thou I was warned against it by players who took advantage of the previous transfers.

I see now the tank and other promo stuff was just a carrot.  Which makes me wonder what WG gains by bribing players players transfer?

now i just get sent this (2 hours ago from NA support team)

https://i.gyazo.com/...557534488e6.png

madgiecool #414 Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 900 battles

View Post1997kyle1, on 29 October 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

now i just get sent this (2 hours ago from NA support team)

https://i.gyazo.com/...557534488e6.png

22 was the cut off day.  you stated that you missed it.  I fail to the misunderstanding.

Last transfer I was witness to the Maori clan transfer.  Of all those that applied for transfer, all were accepted.

On the day, 3 players missed out due to WG errors.  However WG policy is solid.  No transfers after the date, no exceptions.  They were invited to start new accounts on the Asia server.  No discounts or apologies were offered. 

GL in your quest.  I really hope you succeed.  I saw the efforts those 3 clan members did to try and transfer (to stay with the clan and friends) and they failed.

(apologies to the Maori Clan if I have the facts wrong.  Please correct me if you feel the need to).

Regards,

Edited by madgiecool, 29 October 2017 - 09:49 AM.

1997kyle1 #415 Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:53 AM

Private

• 36 battles

View Postmadgiecool, on 29 October 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

22 was the cut off day.  you stated that you missed it.  I fail to the misunderstanding.

Last transfer I was witness to the Maori clan transfer.  Of all those that applied for transfer, all were accepted.

On the day, 3 players missed out due to WG errors.  However WG policy is solid.  No transfers after the date, no exceptions.  They were invited to start new accounts on the Asia server.  No discounts or apologies were offered. 

GL in your quest.  I really hope you succeed.  I saw the efforts those 3 clan members did to try and transfer (to stay with the clan and friends) and they failed.

(apologies to the Maori Clan if I have the facts wrong.  Please correct me if you feel the need to).

Regards,

I 100% understand that i missed the dead line, and i only missed it due to the poor knowledge of the Wargaming staff, my first inquiry was on the (18-10-2017) i was told by the Asia support team that they cant do anything and i must contact the NA support team. (18-10-2017) I then contacted them asking for the how to, (19-10-2017) I got given a link that didn't work and no other information. they also close the ticket straight away, At this point i had got nowhere so i reopened a ticket (19-10-2017) asking again if they could copy and past the URL of the site i must go to, to register my account for the transfer. (20-10-2017) I was given the exact same link as the previous one and told i must hurry up and do it before the 1-11-2017 because after that there will not be a way to change over, it was just a (*Red* coloured (click here)) that didn't have a corresponding link, and ticket was closed... this went back and forward for about 5 days until i got back in touch with the ASIA support team on the (25-10-2017), they set me a link to this page and said fill out the form it needs to be completed before the (1-11-2017).

why cant wargaming have just sent everyone an email to this forums. i play a lot of games and world of tanks is an enjoyable game, i'm just very let down that the management team didn't know what they where doing and now i'm the one losing out because of it.

some photo's/gifs of the link they where sending me. I had add blocker disabled to see if it would work but still nothing, I even tried opening it on my iphone.

https://i.gyazo.com/...b8c78973a05.mp4

https://i.gyazo.com/...3ec904b78fc.mp4

And this is the turn around time on the replies from the NA support team... https://i.gyazo.com/...2f5ec23c60e.png

And then Aldrin North wants to come down on me and remind me its my fault that i haven't filled the form out to register my account for the server swap.

https://i.gyazo.com/...8534c5df4c6.png

All in all i was going to put $100 through the Asia server but i would rather send it on lol now.

Zardenagger2 #416 Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:00 PM

Private

• 134 battles

View Post1997kyle1, on 28 October 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

This information I'm about to give you will help because like you, I also had difficulty getting any response from either the SEA or NA forums or Help Desk support on what the process would be, or what you would expect to happen:

The reason why they need separate email addresses is because your WOT logon must be unique to everyone else.

The in-game name is also unique to you.

I also had a NA account and SEA account.

I already had been using different email addresses or NA and SEA.

My user name however was the same: Zardenagger for both NA and SEA.

I've just gone through the process to migrate my NA account yesterday - I did it at about 11pm NZ time in the belief that it would take 3 hours.

It actually took only 7 minutes from the time I initiated the process to getting the email confirmation that the transfer was complete.

This is roughly the process:

1. Clicked on the link to the transfer page (http://link-na.wargaming.net/u/nrd.php?p=dSa7bRVdTy_286_981822_1_404&ems_l=940966) given to me by the 1st email,

** I don't know if this URL I've posted here is a general one for everyone, or just for me **

2. Entered my NA email address and the password given to me by the 2nd email,

3. Conformed that I wanted to go through with the transfer,

4. The web page said that my user name will be renamed in the transfer process and that I would get 1 free rename once on the SEA cluster,

5. It said the transfer may take up to 3 hours (but was much faster)

6. It also said that you would be required to change your new SEA password after the transfer.

I got several email messages throughout the process:

First one to confirm the transfer

Second one minutes later to say the account transfer was successful and also included the email address and new user name (in my case that is User_1005716161)

The third was to acknowledge the password change I had requested

The forth and final one was to confirm my password was successfully changed.

The did the basic checks - still have the same amount of gold, silver, free XP, and all the tanks including premiums.

So now I have two accounts, one under Zardenagger, the other under User_1005716161.  I'm lead to believe that if you decide to change your name, the name won't change on the cluster until the next scheduled reboot (Tuesday some time).

Edited by Zardenagger, 29 October 2017 - 04:03 PM.

1997kyle1 #417 Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:14 PM

Private

• 36 battles

View PostZardenagger, on 29 October 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

This information I'm about to give you will help because like you, I also had difficulty getting any response from either the SEA or NA forums or Help Desk support on what the process would be, or what you would expect to happen:

The reason why they need separate email addresses is because your WOT logon must be unique to everyone else.

The in-game name is also unique to you.

I also had a NA account and SEA account.

I already had been using different email addresses or NA and SEA.

My user name however was the same: Zardenagger for both NA and SEA.

I've just gone through the process to migrate my NA account yesterday - I did it at about 11pm NZ time in the belief that it would take 3 hours.

It actually took only 7 minutes from the time I initiated the process to getting the email confirmation that the transfer was complete.

This is roughly the process:

1. Clicked on the link to the transfer page (http://link-na.wargaming.net/u/nrd.php?p=dSa7bRVdTy_286_981822_1_404&ems_l=940966) given to me by the 1st email,

** I don't know if this URL I've posted here is a general one for everyone, or just for me **

2. Entered my NA email address and the password given to me by the 2nd email,

3. Conformed that I wanted to go through with the transfer,

4. The web page said that my user name will be renamed in the transfer process and that I would get 1 free rename once on the SEA cluster,

5. It said the transfer may take up to 3 hours (but was much faster)

6. It also said that you would be required to change your new SEA password after the transfer.

I got several email messages throughout the process:

First one to confirm the transfer

Second one minutes later to say the account transfer was successful and also included the email address and new user name (in my case that is User_1005716161)

The third was to acknowledge the password change I had requested

The forth and final one was to confirm my password was successfully changed.

The did the basic checks - still have the same amount of gold, silver, free XP, and all the tanks including premiums.

So now I have two accounts, one under Zardenagger, the other under User_1005716161.  I'm lead to believe that if you decide to change your name, the name won't change on the cluster until the next scheduled reboot (Tuesday some time).

yeah unfortunately i missed the account registration date. so i there's no way to change now unless someone from WG can see the effort i have put in to transfer my account and the lack of help from the support teams. hopefully they learn from this and make it more accessible for the future transfers. i mean they should do one every year.  

Scapegote #418 Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:41 AM

Corporal

• 13212 battles

So a couple of questions about the merge that never happened (I transferred on weekend)

1) What were the actual technical difficulties with the merge (details please).

2) Is anyone from working on a solution so a merge can happen on a later date.

3) Would WG consider doing a staged manual merge if they can't automate it?

4) Would WG consider any temp fixes to ease the pain (perhaps shared premium for both accounts if you've already paid on one account).

5) Does WG really care about this?

JayRated #419 Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:51 AM

Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

• Administrator
  • 3556 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hey all,

We hear your concerns regarding the cutoff time and those who were unable to successfully action an account transfer, we're attempting to find a solution to this problem and will update you within the next day.

Just to reiterate Koz's previous message, this is and has always been a transfer, not a merge. There was a miscommunication regarding use of the terminology 'merge' on the NA server and is unrelated to the process being undertaken here. We're sorry for the confusion around this messaging, but in saying that we are feeding back all of this to the dev team.

Cheers,
Jake

Raverbunny #420 Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:52 AM

Private

• 2902 battles
Quick question. Like many, I have an account on both servers. Now I don't care too much about my Asia account and I'm willing to overwrite with my NA account. The thing is, I don't want to lose the premiums I bought on my Asia account. I've opened a ticket to see if I could get my premium tanks from Asia transferred onto my NA account once it's transferred. I don't really want two accounts since one will automatically become redundant, but at the same time I don't wanna lose my purchases either. Since support is taking their time to answer this one, has anyone else else been through this scenario and did WG compensate the lost premiums? 

Edited by Raverbunny, 30 October 2017 - 11:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users