Jump to content


The Definitive ANZ Server Thread

servers switching servers server problems

  • Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

Zardenagger2 #421 Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 134 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View PostRaverbunny, on 30 October 2017 - 02:52 AM, said:

Quick question. Like many, I have an account on both servers. Now I don't care too much about my Asia account and I'm willing to overwrite with my NA account. The thing is, I don't want to lose the premiums I bought on my Asia account. I've opened a ticket to see if I could get my premium tanks from Asia transferred onto my NA account once it's transferred. I don't really want two accounts since one will automatically become redundant, but at the same time I don't wanna lose my purchases either. Since support is taking their time to answer this one, has anyone else else been through this scenario and did WG compensate the lost premiums?

 

I am also in the same situation.  I bought some premium tanks and gold on my SEA account under the belief that my NA account would be merged with the SEA account during the transfer.  I've effectively thrown the money away on an account with only a handful of battles, whereas my main NA account has more than 20,000.

I hope your question is answered.

 



Dance_Commander #422 Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:07 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 6633 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    05-01-2015

View PostJayRated, on 30 October 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

Hey all,

 

We hear your concerns regarding the cutoff time and those who were unable to successfully action an account transfer, we're attempting to find a solution to this problem and will update you within the next day.

 

Just to reiterate Koz's previous message, this is and has always been a transfer, not a merge. There was a miscommunication regarding use of the terminology 'merge' on the NA server and is unrelated to the process being undertaken here. We're sorry for the confusion around this messaging, but in saying that we are feeding back all of this to the dev team.

 

Cheers,
Jake

 

You can repeat a lie as many times as you like, but you cannot rewrite history. We were not offered a 'transfer'. We were, in very plain English offered a merge of our accounts. By your company. Utter garbage. 

Huntnkil #423 Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 2923 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    06-22-2017

View PostJayRated, on 30 October 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

Hey all,

 

We hear your concerns regarding the cutoff time and those who were unable to successfully action an account transfer, we're attempting to find a solution to this problem and will update you within the next day.

 

Just to reiterate Koz's previous message, this is and has always been a transfer, not a merge. There was a miscommunication regarding use of the terminology 'merge' on the NA server and is unrelated to the process being undertaken here. We're sorry for the confusion around this messaging, but in saying that we are feeding back all of this to the dev team.

 

Cheers,
Jake

 

Seriously...we're doing this pissing in my pocket and trying to tell me it's raining crap. WG lied. admit it and move on, all you do by continuing ot try and "believe the lie" is aggravate the community more. We're not stupid, nor forgetful, so stop treating us like we are.

 

Don't try to play game with wording, because I have the emails (and have posted them in this thread if you'd actually care to look Jake) and the offer was for a merge of my NA and SEA accounts! Cut out this NA blames SEA and SEA blames NA and players are befuddled because...LIES!



Scapegote #424 Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:13 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 13212 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015

View PostHuntnkil, on 30 October 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

 

Seriously...we're doing this pissing in my pocket and trying to tell me it's raining crap. WG lied. admit it and move on, all you do by continuing ot try and "believe the lie" is aggravate the community more. We're not stupid, nor forgetful, so stop treating us like we are.

 

Don't try to play game with wording, because I have the emails (and have posted them in this thread if you'd actually care to look Jake) and the offer was for a merge of my NA and SEA accounts! Cut out this NA blames SEA and SEA blames NA and players are befuddled because...LIES!

 

In the end I transferred so they can't pass the buck to NA anymore.  They've got all my info, they can do a manual transfer if they can't automate it (unlock research / add tanks and crew).  I really want some detailed answers about merging other than "Oops, we never meant that".

JayRated #425 Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:32 AM

    Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

  • Administrator
  • 3542 battles
  • 57
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    10-12-2017

Hey guys,

 

A form is available now for those who missed the server transfer cut. Please input your in-game name and associated email address to the form by 2pm (Australian Eastern Time) on November 3rd to ensure your account can be transferred.

 

This will be your last chance for a long time to ensure your NA account can be transferred to the SEA server, so please tell your friends/make sure you know what you're plan is well before this revised cutoff date.



_Sammich_ #426 Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

    Goes beach on Overlord

  • Member
  • 34243 battles
  • 2,530
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    06-09-2013

View PostJayRated, on 31 October 2017 - 02:32 AM, said:

Hey guys,

 

A form is available now for those who missed the server transfer cut. Please input your in-game name and associated email address to the form by 2pm (Australian Eastern Time) on November 3rd to ensure your account can be transferred.

 

This will be your last chance for a long time to ensure your NA account can be transferred to the SEA server, so please tell your friends/make sure you know what you're plan is well before this revised cutoff date.

Be a good idea to share the link on the NA forums if this hasn't been done so already.


Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

ProvoBob #427 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:25 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 40029 battles
  • 441
  • Member since:
    09-19-2012

View Post_Sammich_, on 31 October 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

Be a good idea to share the link on the NA forums if this hasn't been done so already.

 

Well that's a very good point.  Has it been advertised in the NA forums?  After all, the people who it would be affecting, and those who they want to transfer, would probably not be members on the ASIA forums.  I think it's only through word of mouth and other social media, such as FaceBook, that they probably have any applying to transfer.

 

I'll go check.

 

EDIT:  Yes it has been a major talking point in the forums on NA.  But how many players read the forums?  I would think that WG would have sent out emails to inform players.

 


Edited by ProvoBob, 31 October 2017 - 11:50 AM.


JayRated #428 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

    Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

  • Administrator
  • 3542 battles
  • 57
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    10-12-2017

View PostDance_Commander, on 30 October 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

 

You can repeat a lie as many times as you like, but you cannot rewrite history. We were not offered a 'transfer'. We were, in very plain English offered a merge of our accounts. By your company. Utter garbage. 

 

View PostHuntnkil, on 30 October 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

 

Seriously...we're doing this pissing in my pocket and trying to tell me it's raining crap. WG lied. admit it and move on, all you do by continuing ot try and "believe the lie" is aggravate the community more. We're not stupid, nor forgetful, so stop treating us like we are.

 

Don't try to play game with wording, because I have the emails (and have posted them in this thread if you'd actually care to look Jake) and the offer was for a merge of my NA and SEA accounts! Cut out this NA blames SEA and SEA blames NA and players are befuddled because...LIES!

 

I understand that this process is frustrating for all parties involved. I have read all the posts on this thread and while I realise the messaging we communicated from NA did initially feature the word 'merge', the mistake has been addressed by Koz previously in this board. Wargaming is one company yes but it consists of several teams operating across several time zones communicating in several languages; the more variables in place the more chances there are for an oversight like this to have occurred, and unfortunately this one affected our local players.

 

We get that for some of our players a merge would have been the preferred option, but as we've mentioned before there are very real technical difficulties that prevent us from facilitating an account merge. I reached out to Alex de Giorgio, our Regional Publishing Director, to provide you all with an insight as to why a merge isn't possible and what factors are involved in that:

 

  • To facilitate a merge would require us to build an entirely new functionality which we don't currently have, this means pulling development off other activities which as you can imagine is a constant juggling of our priorities.
  • Why is it complex? There's two types of data. One is about what you own (tanks, premium time, etc.) and the second relates to player stats. All of this data is located on different servers for security reasons, so basically we would need to build a system that could process multiple accounts on multiple servers and make sure all account histories are fully accurate. Believe it or not, this is a lot harder than it sounds.
  • Do we want to offer a merge? Yes we do. We would love to offer a merge and it's something we are working with our dev team to figure out how much work it would involve and whether we could get it done, but we don't want to make any more promises that we wouldn't be able to deliver on.

 

Again, we appreciate that this does not resolve the original issue, nor might it not quell the discontent of those who were hoping for/lead to believe that their accounts could be merged, we're just trying to provide as much context to the miscommunication as we can, and do everything we can to allow for the smoothest transition from NA to SEA as possible.

 

Cheers,

Jake



Aussie_Kozzy #429 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:40 PM

    Corporal

  • Administrator
  • 1290 battles
  • 57
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    05-23-2017

View PostProvoBob, on 31 October 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

 

Well that's a very good point.  Has it been advertised in the NA forums?  After all, the people who it would be affecting, and those who they want to transfer, would probably not be members on the ASIA forums.  I think it's only through word of mouth and other social media, such as FaceBook, that they probably have any applying to transfer.

 

I'll go check.

 

EDIT:  Yes it has been a major talking point in the forums on NA.  But how many players read the forums?  I would think that WG would have sent out emails to inform players.

 

 

We're doing that now 

Scapegote #430 Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 13212 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015

View PostJayRated, on 31 October 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

 

 

Thanks for the info in regards to the merge, honestly I really couldn't care less about my stats I just want my tanks / research / crew and depot moved across.

Napalmer #431 Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

    Objectionable Individual

  • Community Contributor
  • 48022 battles
  • 2,729
  • [YETI] YETI
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012
Spoiler

 

There you go WG, code to give everyone who transferred to ASIA their premiums back from NA. Obviously, you'd have to make the methods compatible with your own systems, but you get the idea.

:teethhappy:

 

See you at the Player Gathering tomorrow!


Edited by Napalmer, 31 October 2017 - 02:44 PM.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!


Bodmin #432 Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 18110 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017
Yeah I’m really enjoying my 2 SEA accounts now, thankyou so much wargaming. All I wanted was a refund for the tanks and gold I purchased on my original SEA account after NA stated the merge. Sent ticket no reply.

FugurPra3 #433 Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 6232 battles
  • 8
  • [ECCHI] ECCHI
  • Member since:
    10-26-2017

View PostCaptain_Cypher, on 27 October 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

At the admin staff is there any plan on giving any sort of compensation for the stuff arounds that has happened with this transfer as it was really annoying being told we could, then couldn't merge accounts. its just when u guys did the original transfer to Asia when it first started the members who moved got a reasonable reward for the stuff ups that happened then 

 

Bump

SkimsAU #434 Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:16 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 47839 battles
  • 339
  • Member since:
    10-05-2013
I understand what it is very difficult to merge accounts, but maybe as excuse wg coult transfer premium tanks and gold fromm acc to another

Centurion_IRL #435 Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:19 AM

    Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

  • Senior Moderator
  • 29726 battles
  • 3,536
  • [REIGN] REIGN
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012

View PostSkimsAU, on 01 November 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

I understand what it is very difficult to merge accounts, but maybe as excuse wg coult transfer premium tanks and gold fromm acc to another

 

and delete the donor account thats an idea but how much time and effort would that require if there are hundreds/thousands coming over. Would be a good resolution. Players would need to prove ownership to have it done first.
                                                                                                                                 
 
I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support
 
Spoiler

Centurion_IRL #436 Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:20 AM

    Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

  • Senior Moderator
  • 29726 battles
  • 3,536
  • [REIGN] REIGN
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012

and by the way, its almost time

 


                                                                                                                                 
 
I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support
 
Spoiler

Ezz #437 Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:46 AM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • 36,128
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
That's twice cent. I'm sure there's a rule against a third... ;)

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


BulletL #438 Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:25 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 4178 battles
  • 67
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015
Ohhh no I have an account on the US server I would like to transfer but the date has passed :( anything I can do???

_Sammich_ #439 Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:37 AM

    Goes beach on Overlord

  • Member
  • 34243 battles
  • 2,530
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    06-09-2013

View PostBulletL, on 31 October 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

Ohhh no I have an account on the US server I would like to transfer but the date has passed :( anything I can do???

Fill this out (as per previous post on this thread):

https://docs.google....wSzMDw/viewform

 

or go here:

http://forum.worldof...sfer-2nd-offer/

 


Edited by _Sammich_, 01 November 2017 - 07:38 AM.

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

stewiejp #440 Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

    #GetOnBoard

  • Community Contributor
  • 44381 battles
  • 1,642
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013

View PostCenturion_IRL, on 01 November 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

 

and delete the donor account thats an idea but how much time and effort would that require if there are hundreds/thousands coming over. Would be a good resolution. Players would need to prove ownership to have it done first.

 

An email confirming to each email address or phone number (if added) could be an easy way to identify the players. Agree it could be an epic task but it is what was offered and I am sure the players would appreciate it, and understand there could be a wait involved.

                                                   #GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

                                                                                              





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users