Jump to content


The Definitive ANZ Server Thread

servers switching servers server problems

  • Please log in to reply
589 replies to this topic

kookookichoo #561 Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:18 PM

    the ginchiest

  • Member
  • 18460 battles
  • 359
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A
  • Member since:
    07-10-2016

View Postwasaabi, on 07 March 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

I can see a common theme there.

 

anz server? ;)

stewiejp #562 Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:31 PM

    #GetOnBoard

  • Community Contributor
  • 40863 battles
  • 1,505
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013

View Postwasaabi, on 07 March 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

I can see a common theme there.

 

TPG?

 

Afaik (from a mate who works for either them or iinet) - when they merged or were taken over - instead of buying more bandwidth when required they installed a policy of simply throttling people if it was not profitable to buy more bandwidth. 

So he says. It came up when i asked for ISP's when the NBN came to town. 

Sometimes the cheapest is not the best.


                    #GetOnBoard Studios - Where the Magic Happens: www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp     https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

                                                                                              


Swifty__ #563 Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:44 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 16609 battles
  • 5
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    10-19-2015

View Poststewiejp, on 07 March 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

 

TPG?

 

Afaik (from a mate who works for either them or iinet) - when they merged or were taken over - instead of buying more bandwidth when required they installed a policy of simply throttling people if it was not profitable to buy more bandwidth. 

So he says. It came up when i asked for ISP's when the NBN came to town. 

Sometimes the cheapest is not the best.

 

​Yeah - unfortunately they're the only game in town. Well, the only game for my new building which was built with private fibre cabling which Telstra can't/won't connect to. Apparently other ISPs will be able to provide a service at some point, but for now...

Anyway I finally got an email address for helpdesk at TPG and could send them the Traceroute and explain my complaint. The so called help staff on the phone had no idea what I was talking about. We'll see what happens. Your explanation would clarify why, from time to time and for no apparent reason, it all goes to crap.



Holeinthehead #564 Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:52 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 51697 battles
  • 980
  • [PANZA] PANZA
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012

View Poststewiejp, on 07 March 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

 

 instead of buying more bandwidth when required they installed a policy of simply throttling people if it was not profitable to buy more bandwidth. 

 

 

Every ISP in Australia is currently guilty of this . CVC capacity . Even the ACCC has got it all arse about . Making it into even bigger cluster [edited] than it was before .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .


kookookichoo #565 Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:54 PM

    the ginchiest

  • Member
  • 18460 battles
  • 359
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A
  • Member since:
    07-10-2016

not a throttling issue in this case, but subscriber ratios get thoroughly abused in the oz dsl market

as MFF pointed out that ntt.net router has shat itself



Swifty__ #566 Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:05 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 16609 battles
  • 5
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    10-19-2015

Can anyone explain these results to me? The problem is now 'fixed' (gameplay is fine), but clearly the problem exchange, the NTT exchange, is still in the route and still barely responsive...? But now my overall ping is back to 7ms...

 

Tracing route to sy4-sl-a20.fe.core.pw [92.223.48.20]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

 

  1    <1 ms     *        *     192-168-1-1.tpgi.com.au [192.168.1.1]

  2     6 ms     6 ms     6 ms  10.20.22-407.tpgi.com.au [10.20.22.117]

  3     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  syd-gls-har-wgw1-be-100.tpgi.com.au [203.221.3.7]

  4     7 ms     7 ms    10 ms  203-219-107-194.static.tpgi.com.au [203.219.107.194]

  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.

  6     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  59-100-239-14.syd.static-ipl.aapt.com.au [59.100.239.14]

  7   257 ms   257 ms   257 ms  ae-5.r00.sydnau04.au.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.9.177]

  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.

  9     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  sy4-sl-a20.fe.core.pw [92.223.48.20]

 

Trace complete.



Ezz #567 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:47 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • 35,098
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
Funky hop is funky. Still getting 8ms on TPG syd.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


kookookichoo #568 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:18 PM

    the ginchiest

  • Member
  • 18460 battles
  • 359
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A
  • Member since:
    07-10-2016

View PostSwifty__, on 09 March 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

Can anyone explain these results to me? The problem is now 'fixed' (gameplay is fine), but clearly the problem exchange, the NTT exchange, is still in the route and still barely responsive...? But now my overall ping is back to 7ms...

 

Tracing route to sy4-sl-a20.fe.core.pw [92.223.48.20]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

 

  1    <1 ms     *        *     192-168-1-1.tpgi.com.au [192.168.1.1]

  2     6 ms     6 ms     6 ms  10.20.22-407.tpgi.com.au [10.20.22.117]

  3     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  syd-gls-har-wgw1-be-100.tpgi.com.au [203.221.3.7]

  4     7 ms     7 ms    10 ms  203-219-107-194.static.tpgi.com.au [203.219.107.194]

  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.

  6     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  59-100-239-14.syd.static-ipl.aapt.com.au [59.100.239.14]

  7   257 ms   257 ms   257 ms  ae-5.r00.sydnau04.au.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.9.177]

  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.

  9     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  sy4-sl-a20.fe.core.pw [92.223.48.20]

 

Trace complete.

 

same results at my end - ntt pop is still acting up but gameplay is no longer affected...so i’m not gonna worry about it 

tpg refused to do anything, so no help there



CAESAR_NZ #569 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:02 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 35207 battles
  • 9
  • [HAV0K] HAV0K
  • Member since:
    11-01-2017

Hi, not sure where i am  supposed to post, but let's start here.

 

ANZ server pros and cons:

 

Pros: good ping for some

Cons: low number of people, not playable with less than 1,500 players

 

Now, why the hack you would make it 24/7 when it is playable only in the evenings, for like 5-6 hours a day?

 

How to solve this problem with server not playable with <1500 players??

 

EASY!!! restrict battle modes, restrict tiers!

Example, only random encounters battles with tiers 4,6,8

and these tiers don't meet in battles. 

 

so far, server gets less popular as it is hardly playable as wait times are too long



Profanisaurus #570 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:10 PM

    le sigh

  • Member
  • 2012 battles
  • 4,140
  • [PBFG] PBFG
  • Member since:
    02-19-2013

You are aware that's it's 24/7 because the SG cable is sharked right?

 

Fronline has been good for the server though with people joining from outside ANZ for the hours before SG goes live and staying.  I've even pubbed a few ANZ games for the first time in months waiting for Frontlines to start or waiting for platoon mates to get out of a pub or Frontlines before I join them from Frontlining.


Edited by Profanisaurus, 14 May 2018 - 01:13 PM.


southerner #571 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:24 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 13683 battles
  • 1,508
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE
  • Member since:
    09-01-2013

what the cable is down again ?????   Gee i go away on a bender for a weekend and all the drama happens.......

 


indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

CAESAR_NZ #572 Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:49 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 35207 battles
  • 9
  • [HAV0K] HAV0K
  • Member since:
    11-01-2017

go and try to play when number of ANZ players less than 500, and see if you can get any game with less than 3 minutes waiting...

 

where is the right place to make suggestion on how to make servers playable with small number of players?


Edited by CAESAR_NZ, 15 May 2018 - 04:53 AM.


southerner #573 Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:29 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 13683 battles
  • 1,508
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE
  • Member since:
    09-01-2013

View PostCAESAR_NZ, on 15 May 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

go and try to play when number of ANZ players less than 500, and see if you can get any game with less than 3 minutes waiting...

 

where is the right place to make suggestion on how to make servers playable with small number of players?

 

No idea WG asia is still sorting out the forums as time allows, that said they sure are taking their own sweet time about it.

 

That being said i did hear (truth maybe rumors) that WG was thinking of using game robots  for the anz server to help pad out the player base to make the server playable. With the cable down the number of players on yesterday early evening was around 700 and it took a while to get into games. This does show with the true aussie server numbers the number of dedicated aus nz players on the server, there are a big number of players in asia that com across to the anz server when the cable is intact. With it broken and up to 380 ping .... not a hope.


indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

Hakogaku #574 Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 62 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    11-03-2014

Forgive me brothers. I went back a few pages and havent seen anything.

 

I applied for a transfer as soon as it was opened for it, sent an email making absolutely sure I was entered for a transfer, last email i have about it is from the 18th of November last year. I even went to that party thing they had in Sydney.

 

What the hell happened? I'm not getting any replies on Facebook or my emails about what happened. I last played the game a little before the transfer was offered, but I'm enjoying this Frontline mode and would like to get back in to it.



Tanitha #575 Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

    WOT Producer

  • Administrator
  • 4452 battles
  • 7,913
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012

View PostCAESAR_NZ, on 14 May 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Hi, not sure where i am  supposed to post, but let's start here.

 

ANZ server pros and cons:

 

Pros: good ping for some

Cons: low number of people, not playable with less than 1,500 players

 

Now, why the hack you would make it 24/7 when it is playable only in the evenings, for like 5-6 hours a day?

 

How to solve this problem with server not playable with <1500 players??

 

EASY!!! restrict battle modes, restrict tiers!

Example, only random encounters battles with tiers 4,6,8

and these tiers don't meet in battles. 

 

so far, server gets less popular as it is hardly playable as wait times are too long

 

Hello's.

There is cable issues Perth to Singapore, and was (not sure on their status now) cable issues around HK way..

Due to this the AUS server is on full time.

 

And frontline is very popular, so the player base is split at the moment.

 

 

View PostCAESAR_NZ, on 15 May 2018 - 04:49 AM, said:

go and try to play when number of ANZ players less than 500, and see if you can get any game with less than 3 minutes waiting...

 

where is the right place to make suggestion on how to make servers playable with small number of players?

 

As per my other reply above .. and .. you forum posted at 4:49am Perth time on a weekday, so probably was playing early mornings in off peak.

Its not ideal at these off peak times, however, its the best option currently.. as using the Aus to rest of the world cables aren't very good at the moment for pings.

Thus the 24/7 AUS server Atm.

 

We are working on several some long term optimisation's, but they are for the future..

 

Regards
Tan

 


 

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

 

 


Hakogaku #576 Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:25 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 62 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    11-03-2014
I made my post 20 minutes before an Admin, plenty of time to see it, and it got ignored. Really?

s70blackhawk #577 Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:55 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 21741 battles
  • 303
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View PostHakogaku, on 19 May 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

I made my post 20 minutes before an Admin, plenty of time to see it, and it got ignored. Really?

 

You're new here huh...
endgame
ˈɛn(d)ɡeɪm/ noun 
1. the final stage of a game such as chess, bridge or World of Tanks, when few pieces, cards or players on the server remain. 
Don't trust everything. Even salt looks like sugar.

kookookichoo #578 Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:59 AM

    the ginchiest

  • Member
  • 18460 battles
  • 359
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A
  • Member since:
    07-10-2016

View PostHakogaku, on 19 May 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

I made my post 20 minutes before an Admin, plenty of time to see it, and it got ignored. Really?

 

dude, it’s a forum, not an instant messaging service - u got a reply 20 mins after u posted and ur whinging? ffs, some ppl...



wasaabi #579 Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:00 PM

    This Dude Abides

  • Senior Moderator
  • 21202 battles
  • 6,391
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

View PostHakogaku, on 18 May 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

Forgive me brothers. I went back a few pages and havent seen anything.

 

I applied for a transfer as soon as it was opened for it, sent an email making absolutely sure I was entered for a transfer, last email i have about it is from the 18th of November last year. I even went to that party thing they had in Sydney.

 

What the hell happened? I'm not getting any replies on Facebook or my emails about what happened. I last played the game a little before the transfer was offered, but I'm enjoying this Frontline mode and would like to get back in to it.

 

Try contacting Customer Support 

The Dude abides.

 
Spoiler

 


Hakogaku #580 Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:34 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 62 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    11-03-2014

View Posts70blackhawk, on 19 May 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

 

You're new here huh...

 

No?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users