Player Ratings

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Nightfire_13 #1 Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

Corporal

• 6007 battles
  • [BD] BD
So new here and was wondering about the player ratings system that I get on service record.which is good rating and which is average and bad?and why do some people hate it and when I see their ratings and bring it up they just laugh it off??I have 2926 battles and 2693 Player Rating.Am I averge or bad cuz I'm sure that I'm not  good.

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_007.jpg   75.49K

Flying_Elite #2 Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 26051 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
good is around 7k Personal Rating and great is 10k+ Personal Rating

Flying_Elite Forum Thread | WotLabs 

Spoiler

Nightfire_13 #3 Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

Corporal

• 6007 battles
  • [BD] BD

thx so that means I'm average?good to know but why do people hate it?

Flying_Elite #4 Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:55 PM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 26051 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Could you give some context on what people say? leave out any profanity if there is some though

Spoiler

pokeranger24 #5 Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:33 AM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 8511 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

View PostFlying_Elite, on 24 October 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

Could you give some context on what people say? leave out any profanity if there is some though

You know you are asking the impossible right ? 

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

You must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

AKASHA178 #6 Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:46 AM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 32511 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostNightfire_13, on 24 October 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

So new here and was wondering about the player ratings system that I get on service record.which is good rating and which is average and bad?and why do some people hate it and when I see their ratings and bring it up they just laugh it off??I have 2926 battles and 2693 Player Rating.Am I averge or bad cuz I'm sure that I'm not  good.

since its not a re-roll account later after you played 6k to 9k the pr will go up so no worries 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

_Rune #7 Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:19 AM

Staff sergeant

• 11540 battles

as you creep into higher tier tanks and the beginners play style starts to fade away, your personal rating will slowly increase over time as Akasha said.

I noticed once i got away from playing tier 5's and started playing alot of games at tier 9 and 10, all my average damage per game and exp per game etc were increasing.. this will affect your PR because you are achieving more than your current PR averages..

so always try to beat your current average on your PR and you will keep on going up..

I would say a good PR avg is around the 7k mark for 10-20k games played, hopefully pushing into 8-9k if your above 30k games etc.. that means you are slowly increasing your own skills and rating..

but its not the end all, and nether is WN8... aslong as you can play your tank and help your team to victory.. and learn from mistakes and get better... that's all you can hope for in todays gaming society of WOT.

Flying_Elite #8 Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:13 AM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 26051 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
PR is being changed anyway, the new PR system is in beta on the live server so you could have a better rating there

Spoiler

Nightfire_13 #9 Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

Corporal

• 6007 battles
  • [BD] BD

View PostFlying_Elite, on 24 October 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

​people say that its based on battles played so meaning is that more battles=more pr? but I saw people with 4k battles and less than 1500 pr.again some with more battles and good pr but stuff like average exp earned and average dmg done and hit ratio are well average..im confused on how the system works.

Ezz #10 Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60211 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Battles played plays a small role, and has a decreasing impact the more you play. Ie you can't bot your way to a decent PR.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

don_WarDaddy_AVI #11 Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:52 PM

No Party, Without Arty!

• 13553 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostNightfire_13, on 24 October 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

Try to do atleast as much damage as your tank's hit point and your PR will increase.  (Ofcourse it will increase as you'll progress in game.) 

Nightfire_13 #12 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:54 PM

Corporal

• 6007 battles
  • [BD] BD
1 more thing why does people make fun of my winrate??if the server is filled half with idiots and I'm playing a support sniper role how am I ment to increase my winrate other than hoping that my teammates know what they are doing??even once Being a support tanker I had to carry a game alone finally winning but that was cuz I was  on a top tier matchup..what about the higher tiers?I mean when ur heavy tanks die in tier 10 with 0 dmgor assisted dmg done..how is it my fault??

Ezz #13 Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:12 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60211 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Because your win rate is well below average (~49%). Almost bot territory.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_Rune #14 Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• 11540 battles

win rate is hard to balance on SEA server as you just end up in those games where your top tier players are 47% win rate players vs green/blue/purple 55%+ win rate players..

You will likely balance out the more you do in a game, try to be effective in each game helping a flank push, or spotting for the team... etc don't rely on carrying the game it is team focused..

Alot of players are individuals and as such you will just get those games where you will lose 2-15 or 0-15 you just have to keep playing and trying to do what you can to influence the game...

Even doing 6k+ damage in a game won't mean you will win, if they cap you out, or your the only person on your team to kill or do damage.. 1 man can't win the game from beginning to end alone..they can only influence it.

Nightfire_13 #15 Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

Corporal

• 6007 battles
  • [BD] BD

View PostEzz, on 26 October 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:

Because your win rate is well below average (~49%). Almost bot territory.

​hows that my fault if I give my best still my team keeps loosing??like yesterday I wasent winning 1 single match for like 13 times in a row despite doing 2000 to 3000 dmg per game and even spotting on a udes!!!!

Ezz #16 Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60211 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Because an average players best is considerably better than yours. 

Flying_Elite #17 Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 26051 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostNightfire_13, on 26 October 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

​hows that my fault if I give my best still my team keeps loosing??like yesterday I wasent winning 1 single match for like 13 times in a row despite doing 2000 to 3000 dmg per game and even spotting on a udes!!!!

Because the only common factor in all of your matches is yourself. If you aren't playing well, your winrate will be affected too

Spoiler

Nightfire_13 #18 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:21 AM

Corporal

• 6007 battles
  • [BD] BD

uuuu what about the other 14 people in my team??they play a great role in winning no?like a match where I did 7k total dmg and still lost cuz aroung the end our e50 m despite knowing I have binos decided it ws a good idea to go aggressive and thus died getting outspotted...I told the dude not to but he wont listen..we had 8 mins in the match could ve won easy but did not so cuz e50s and many dudes like him my winrate goes down and also the fact I'm noob i.e don't know proper map locations...so even if I'm near average my winrate defines my effective play?not the other stats like hit ratio or avg dmg or avg exp??or the pr?

Zynth #19 Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:08 AM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 22856 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNightfire_13, on 28 October 2017 - 01:21 AM, said:

uuuu what about the other 14 people in my team??they play a great role in winning no?like a match where I did 7k total dmg and still lost cuz aroung the end our e50 m despite knowing I have binos decided it ws a good idea to go aggressive and thus died getting outspotted...I told the dude not to but he wont listen..we had 8 mins in the match could ve won easy but did not so cuz e50s and many dudes like him my winrate goes down and also the fact I'm noob i.e don't know proper map locations...so even if I'm near average my winrate defines my effective play?not the other stats like hit ratio or avg dmg or avg exp??or the pr?

14 people do count, which is why somebody who is incredibly perfectly skilled cannot get 100% win rate. But they can achieve 60%+ win rate. The usual idea is the, 40-40-20 model.

40% games are unwinnable because your team is crap.
40% games are guaranteed wins because your team is good.

20% games could swing either way, depending on how much you contribute.

Hit ratio is stupid. If I fire 10 shots and 5 hit, that's 50% hit ratio. If I fire 4 shots and 3 hit, that's 75% hit ratio. Which one does more damage?
Average damage is dependent on tier, try doing 2k damage in tier 3 vs tier 10. Also does not account for scouting.

Average exp is affected by premium tanks and accounts I think.

PR has a lot of random unknown factors like number of battles play, which is mostly irrelevant.

Win rate and WN8 are by far the best way to measure skill. WN8 is tied to average damage but also accounts for types of tank compared to your peers. Issue is that WR can be padded by platooning tanks like the T67. WN8 can also be padded by damage farming that may not be contributory, like farming damage in a Swedish TD when your team has already been overrun.  But generally those can be examined by looking at per-tank WR and WN8. 

Edited by Zynth, 28 October 2017 - 02:10 AM.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

Sir_British #20 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

One simply does not..

• 14643 battles

View PostZynth, on 28 October 2017 - 02:08 AM, said:

Hit ratio is stupid. If I fire 10 shots and 5 hit, that's 50% hit ratio. If I fire 4 shots and 3 hit, that's 75% hit ratio. Which one does more damage?

There is the adage that 'every shot not taken is a missed one' however in your example , you have a flaw:

If we consider the normal statement : 10 shots 5 hits = 50 % and 5 x 390 (using the tier X average) = 1950 (not accounting for RNG) and 4 shots with 3 hits = 75% but only 3 x 390 = 1,170..  therefore taking 10 shots (some opportune) which results in 5 damaging hits is better than waiting for 3 definite shots.

However,  taking 7 shots and 5 hits, = 71% and has the same damage value.  The advantage is a lower credit outlay .

I think it is difficult to 'quantify' Hit ratio due to RNG and player values, some tend to take more blind shots, and shots that probably won't hit the target but might. Some players play more heavies which generally have a closer combat range, or Auto-Loaders which somehow have an insane accurracy considering the recoil (AMX 13-90 for example).

although admittedly I have seen a FV107 Scimitar firing its L21 30mm Rarden Cannon on 6 shot auto and every shell hitting the target, but then again it doesn't comply to the 25 RNG rule.. :teethhappy:

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users