Player Ratings

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Zynth #21 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:11 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 23878 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSir_British, on 28 October 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

There is the adage that 'every shot not taken is a missed one' however in your example , you have a flaw:

If we consider the normal statement : 10 shots 5 hits = 50 % and 5 x 390 (using the tier X average) = 1950 (not accounting for RNG) and 4 shots with 3 hits = 75% but only 3 x 390 = 1,170..  therefore taking 10 shots (some opportune) which results in 5 damaging hits is better than waiting for 3 definite shots.

However,  taking 7 shots and 5 hits, = 71% and has the same damage value.  The advantage is a lower credit outlay .

I think it is difficult to 'quantify' Hit ratio due to RNG and player values, some tend to take more blind shots, and shots that probably won't hit the target but might. Some players play more heavies which generally have a closer combat range, or Auto-Loaders which somehow have an insane accurracy considering the recoil (AMX 13-90 for example).

I think it's more of an arbitrary value, too many dependent factors. It is precisely because it is hard to quantify that it makes it a poor gauge of player skill. Ultimately it mostly boils down to damage done anyway, which leads into either average damage or WN8.

I honestly don't think credit outlay should be an issue. The basis of skill should not be judged on economy but rather ability to contribute to a win.

I myself subscribe to the "if your tank is in my reticule, no matter how big, I can hit you" philosophy. It resulted in some pretty ridiculous shots before. I say you have not seen RNG until you've seen me go full speed down Malinovka hill in a KV-2 and derping an ELC AMX outside my view range.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

Ezz #22 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:22 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 63672 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
That being said it would be pretty cool if they added average credit earned into the api. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

NameWasStolenStresslevel #23 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

First lieutenant

• 35404 battles

If my opinion matter, hit ratio is a very hard metric to be taken in account for the fact that non penetrated shots also counts as hit, so if u fire 10 shots and hit 100% of them doesnt really mean u are skilled, it only mean something if u manage to pen 100% of those shots (which we know is not the case), and then there is the gold ammo problem that would conflict with hit ratio because of RNG reduction factor that premium ammo provides...

Who would i prefer in my team, someone with 50% hit ratio that managed to penetrate every single one of those shots, or that one player with 100% hit ratio that manage to miss all weak spots and had 0% pen ratio? Sure I would prefer to have the 50%er hit ratio one...

I know you are liable for every single shell you fire, but I blind fire a lot and still have around 65% general hit ratio, although 20% of my battles were played in arty. So I do not aggree hit ratio somehow means skill. Although Its not a value to be ignored, It needs to be analized carefully, tank by tank basis,  not simply put as an overall reliable skill metric. It just doesnt work this way in WoT.

The amount of battle played and recent stats are an important metric, but the amount of distance traveled x survival ratio + win ratio + dmg contribution (= skill) is the best skill measuremnt in the current meta. Just my opinion though. But who am I to decide what skill is? the deciding factor is win ratio right? (or not?) Winning is all that matter these days, fun ratio is not really that important as long as you win while salivating in your keyboard after a day long chat rage. 

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 28 October 2017 - 01:34 PM.

Forum Guy: "All that Marks of Excelence does is to encourage Damage farming over winning".

Me: "YES sir, MOE does encourage dmg farm over winning, just like winning does encourages: YOLO, Camping far back, gold spamming,"world of capping" mindset, OP premium tier 8's purchases, chat rage, platooning to farm win ratio, toxicity, seal clubbing, arty spam etc..... So i guess winning is much more toxic and bad behavior than dmg farming???"  Wait a minute, wow no one has ever thought about that this way??? Then I must be a genius                                                                                                                                                            https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

The_Salty_Brit_ #24 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

View PostZynth, on 28 October 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

I honestly don't think credit outlay should be an issue. The basis of skill should not be judged on economy but rather ability to contribute to a win.

Unless you can afford to run consumables and fire Premium ammo all the time..

I don't think there are any hard set rules, but my guessimations would be:

Hit ratio of less than 60% either terrible ping or bad player.  60-70% opportunist, 70-80% considered and above 80% camper..

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 

Spoiler

MagicalFlyingFox #25 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 29338 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Rocking my 62% hitrate. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Ezz #26 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 63672 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
As name is whatever now notes hit rate includes arty and auto cannon.  Plus it will rely on tanks played etc.. It is probably better than distance traveled x survival tho. 

Edited by Ezz, 28 October 2017 - 01:53 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Zynth #27 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 23878 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 28 October 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

As name is whatever now notes but rate includes arty and auto cannon.  Plus it will rely on tanks played etc.. It is probably better than distance traveled x survival tho. 

Trees knocked down best measure of skill.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

WarpZone #28 Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:27 PM

Staff sergeant

• 9507 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostZynth, on 28 October 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

Trees knocked down best measure of skill.

Team damage is the best.

AlbieBeck #29 Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:31 PM

Private

• 754 battles

so I really need to increase my damage to get a higher PR rating?

DelusionsOfAdequacy #30 Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:28 AM

Private

• 12 battles
Yes. Farm more damages and get purple goodness.

Nightfire_13 #31 Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:01 AM

Corporal

• 6530 battles
  • [BD] BD
Survival should actually count in PR. Great idea.but then arty players are gonna have 10k PR no?but it's a great idea cuz alot of light tanks tend to platoon up and March in the enemy base and die getting the initial spot dmg,and when I'm supporting on a swedish td that can get penned by tier 1 tanks how am I supposed to support without vision?and I have a Moe on Udes 03,which means I'm an average player on that tank(which is the most played cuz my 1st tier 8)yet my winrate is 42% on that tank .why should winrate be counted on team based game?

Ezz #32 Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:24 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 63672 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Because good players get good win rates. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users