Fresh off the NA boat from Trumpland

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

The_Goblin__King #1 Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

Private

• 1 battle
So here I am fresh off the boat from NA after 48000 battles there. What should I expect from Asia? How many of those awful anime tanks should I expect to see? What's the meta like? Camping? Lemming rush? Arty TKing/drowning themselves?

Centurion_IRL #2 Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

Fighting Irish

• Senior Moderator
  • 27972 battles
  • [IRISH] IRISH
Welcome, introduce and say hello in this thread

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

"Judge me not by how I fall, but how I stand myself back up again"

“Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” 

_Sammich_ #3 Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

Major

• 27817 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostThe_Goblin__King, on 27 October 2017 - 04:29 AM, said:

So here I am fresh off the boat from NA after 48000 battles there. What should I expect from Asia? How many of those awful anime tanks should I expect to see? What's the meta like? Camping? Lemming rush? Arty TKing/drowning themselves?

- Anime tanks?  Not a great deal.  You see maybe one per battle, very rarely two.  The Nameless is OP when top tier.

- Camping?  Check.  

- Lemming Rush?  If they're not camping then Check.  Not unusual for a whole flank to be held up by 2-3 tanks

- Arty Tking / drowning themselves? [edited] YES

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Tanitha #4 Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:36 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4207 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostThe_Goblin__King, on 27 October 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

Nice topic title :)

And welcome.

/Tan

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

_Sammich_ #5 Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:41 PM

Major

• 27817 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
P.S. I've heard that Tan's giving Type 59s to all NA transfers.

JOC469 #6 Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 63816 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
Welcome to the ASIA server. Enjoy our peripheries 

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

AmbushPredator #7 Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

Corporal

• 50198 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Post_Sammich_, on 27 October 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

- Anime tanks?  Not a great deal.  You see maybe one per battle, very rarely two.  The Nameless is OP when top tier.

- Camping?  Check.  

- Lemming Rush?  If they're not camping then Check.  Not unusual for a whole flank to be held up by 2-3 tanks

- Arty Tking / drowning themselves? [edited] YES

​Yep, just "flew" in myself. Still getting the whole Gamer-Tag sorted! I ran an Alt (thx for the "Yep we will merge" stuff up) for a couple of months. 2 main tactics: 1. The Carpark....very popular and much used. Only to be exceeded by: 2. The Lemming Train.....usually only seen after you are overcommitted on the other flank. Devastating (to you) when applied in true fashion, all in until they see Red (Lemmings are afraid of Red in case you didn't know) and then they revert to tactic 1, The carpark. This will be valiantly (?) defended, in self interest, until you all die horribly (and alone). Followed by the usual in-game chat and PM's from people with far lower spotting/damage about how you (with double their games and PR) are, Sir, a scrub! lol.

I was lucky enough to join -1AR- and they are a good crew so take my advice, find or found a clan and NEVER SOLO! I fully expect to see a massive change in standards now the Boy's are Back! Let's ed-u-ma-kate these SEA Shanty's and show them how the Boy's from NA roll!

Tan and the people here have been really supportive and done a fair bit (like refunding premium days when the cables were cut) that NA would NEVER do and this looks like we might actually have a crew here who give a stuff about their customer/player base which is a huge positive. Even though this did not affect me directly thanks to them for their concern and actions. it makes the transition a little easier when you see them taking care

Good luck to all of you and let's hope we can finally stop skipping across the map!

_Sammich_ #8 Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

Major

• 27817 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
There's nothing like rolling a flank on this server  and then finding the enemy's top tier heavy "guarding" base.

iDd_Sloth #9 Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

First lieutenant

• 25048 battles
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU

Oh yeah.

Better make it a "norm" for players to shoot PREMIUM rounds like there's not tomorrow.

It would be surprising to find them shooting regular rounds instead.

When an enemy Arty "one shots" 2 of your teams' heavies and you're in a heavy tank, you know you're screwed.

A heavy tank should have armor and a big gun, if you don't have either then you're not.

FN_Dangerous #10 Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:32 PM

Sergeant

• 28281 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

I have a question relating to the thread title: 

If you came from 'Trumpland', does that make this server the 'supreme-leader-of-the-rogue-nation-land'?  :arta:

Anyway, welcome!  

AKASHA178 #11 Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 32070 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostThe_Goblin__King, on 27 October 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

gold round are everywhere, usually meds are camp beside spgs and HT are in td bush then tds spot for light tanks, animation tanks are awesome, meta wont help you when team is lemming or camping, you will see 14 vs 3 will be lose for 14 side ohh and last but not the least 85% of players shoot you without even spotting you, all hits are critical damage for instance russian meds on full speed run will hit the maus weakspot from 500 m and bingo maus is on fire 

anyway welcome to sea :girl:

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

Chieftain_NZ #12 Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:18 PM

The Senate

• Beta-Tester
  • 13954 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

View Post_PeterJones, on 18 November 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

I have a question relating to the thread title: 

If you came from 'Trumpland', does that make this server the 'supreme-leader-of-the-rogue-nation-land'?  :arta:

Anyway, welcome!  

We'll he apparently plays a lot of World of Tanks and was probably on the Korean server before the merger happened. So unlike Trumpland our supreme leader who shan't be named is probably ingame.

​#ChieftainMk6.2018 ​#GetChiefaChieftain

"We think that the Types don’t break the game, because they’re hard to play". - Actual Wargaming Dev's                                           

FN_Dangerous #13 Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:27 PM

Sergeant

• 28281 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

View PostChieftain_NZ, on 18 November 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

We'll he apparently plays a lot of World of Tanks and was probably on the Korean server before the merger happened. So unlike Trumpland our supreme leader who shan't be named is probably ingame.

No Way!  lol

World Leaders playing World of tanks? I love it!  :playing:

aMGLn #14 Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:13 PM

Private

• 38747 battles
Just transferred from NA server, and downloading the client. Haven't played a single battle yet, can I be a Recruit in Refer a Friend: The Recruitment Program?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users