• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

Mobius99 #1 Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 10105 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hi Everyone,

We are now finalizing the setup of the new Global Map Event which will take place in late November, it will go on for 3 weeks with 3 different stages.

An official announcement of the event will be on WoT portal on November 2nd.

Meanwhile, let me share some information about the event with you here:

1. We will introduce a new competition system to Global Map in this event, it will be a complex system combining both tactical (battles) and strategy (planning) prospects, and will be different than the usual Global Map event.

2. This event will be Tier VIII event.

3. Event Reward including - Tier VIII reward tanks, Gold, Special Camouflage, and some other special rewards.

Some of you may ask: Why Tier VIII not Tier X?

We are trying out the new competition system on Global Map, in order to make sure it won't be affected by APAC’s lower population, we decided to do Tier VIII instead of Tier X, so we can have more clans/players participate in this event.

We will also continue to explore different solutions and possibilities for APAC-specific Global Map setup with Tier X format.

I am sure you will have many questions about this event to ask, but for now, please be patient and wait until our official announcement release, you will find the full concept of the event in the news article.

Regards,
Mobius99

============================================================================================================================

Latest news:
After reviewed all your discussion/feedback here, and combining JP players' feedback from a different channel, we have made the final decision - switch back to Tier X.

However, as we mentioned, the balance in the new system will be our main concern, therefore it's likely that we will not do the usual 15vs15 format, but with smaller team size.
The final format in this CW Event are still being discussed and we only have a short time window to make this happen, so the official announcement maybe delayed but we will try to make it published on portal as soon as we can.
We will also have an other announcement explain more details about why we made this decision later next week.

Thank you for all your input here.

Regards,
Mobius99

Edited by Mobius99, 30 October 2017 - 08:03 PM.

Zynth #2 Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 24587 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

U-U-U-Ultra post!

Report Mobius99 for spam.

Edit: Fixed it really fast. I blame the forums.

Edited by Zynth, 27 October 2017 - 06:36 PM.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

Bounty #3 Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

First lieutenant

• 12979 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

View PostZynth, on 27 October 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

U-U-U-Ultra post!

All fixed now. I thought Mobius was extra excited for a minute :P

Cheers for the CW info Mobius.

Mobius99 #4 Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 10105 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostZynth, on 27 October 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

U-U-U-Ultra post!

Edit: Fixed it really fast. I blame the forums.

Yeah, I blame the forums too.

Zynth #5 Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:39 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 24587 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMobius99, on 27 October 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

Yeah, I blame the forums too.

First time was Lee's post. Now yours. Somebody should go kick the server a couple of times. Or try turning it on and off again.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

aurora97 #6 Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 32457 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostMobius99, on 27 October 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

Hi Everyone,

We are now finalizing the setup of the new Global Map Event which will take place in late November, it will go on for 3 weeks with 3 different stages.

1. We will introduce a new competition system to Global Map in this event, it will be a complex system combining both tactical (battles) and strategy (planning) prospects, and will be different than the usual Global Map event.

3. Event Reward including - Tier VIII reward tanks, Gold, Special Camouflage, and some other special rewards.

We are trying out the new competition system on Global Map, in order to make sure it won't be affected by APAC’s lower population, we decided to do Tier VIII instead of Tier X, so we can have more clans/players participate in this event.

We will also continue to explore different solutions and possibilities for APAC-specific Global Map setup with Tier X format.

I am sure you will have many questions about this event to ask, but for now, please be patient and wait until our official announcement release, you will find the full concept of the event in the news article.

Regards,
Mobius99

​Thank Mobius for making the effort.

Proud to be part of the biggest clan in Asia Server, the Calm Series of clans.

Darksider267 #7 Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

wait, I can change this?

• 12496 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
Tier 8? Damn, time to break out the premiums and get grinding :/ Will it be 10v10 aka blob them better than they blob you format? 

NA Transferree

3 marks: Object 140, IS-7, T110E5, WZ-111 111 1 1 11 1-4, T-10, M103, IS-3, T26E4, T32, T29, Type 64

Russian_The_Agnostic #8 Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

Corporal

• 5639 battles

View PostMobius99, on 27 October 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

Hi Everyone,

Regards,
Mobius99

So is this in replacement of the normal yearly tier 6/8/10 campaign ?

Mobius99 #9 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:07 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 10105 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostTheSuicidingRussian, on 27 October 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

So is this in replacement of the normal yearly tier 6/8/10 campaign ?

We are way off our original plan this year because of many different reasons, and we are trying to rebuild/rebrand Global Map now, so please see it as starter of the new "Global Map" series.

Irrelevant_Saffe #10 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 36207 battles

Tier 8?

Is that the tier where every premium tank is better then the standard tech tree tanks?

Quick you better put the defender and scorpion on sale so you can maximise profits..... 

"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
FeelsBirthday

keno_ #11 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:25 PM

Corporal

• 21106 battles

oh! next clan wars event is on tier8, okey I need to purchase most used powerful tier8 tanks

that is Obj252U, Lorr40t, and M41 90GF......

...:facepalm:

Well, Thanks Mobius for sharing information!

Edited by keno_, 27 October 2017 - 08:34 PM.

signature.png

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #12 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:30 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 70241 battles
How will this work with the new aussie periphery?

Napalmer #13 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 43630 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

Don't forget the Chrysler...

There's also that German premium HT with a 15cm gun WG was working on too...

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140IS-7

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

JordyBro #14 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:38 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 23735 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
fffssssssss tier 8??????? whats the point of all this grinding n $$$$$$$$$$$$ the game revolves around 8s 

DUCE_AnzaiChiyomi #15 Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

Private

• 11955 battles
  • [-BC-] -BC-

We were preparing all the while from CWE performed in Tier10 and CWC performed last year for CWC. And that was done, it was rather difficult to be here and WoT was being continued. I made DUCE grow into the clan which can fight in CW as a representative of a clan. This decision was different from an expectation, not a shock substantially. Holding may be late, so I want you to think.

私たちは、Tier10で行われるCWEやCWCのために去年行われたCWCからずっと準備をしてきました。そしてそれをしたいがためにWoTを続けてきました。私はクランの代表としてCWで戦えるクランにDUCEを成長させました。今回の決定はショックでしかなく、期待とは大幅に違うものでした。開催が遅くなってもいいので考え直してほしいです。

don_WarDaddy_AVI #16 Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

No Party, Without Arty!

• 1151 battles
  • [M-S] M-S
brace yourself tankers, defender spam is coming :izmena:

(thanks for the event)

Wodka_Warrior #17 Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 17855 battles

Yeah world of OP tier 8s..

But it means more competition 

We all win...I challenge all the gooduns to play they're "forgotten" 8s for the lols cos ya'll kick-arse anyways 

Bring on the KV-5 :izmena:

crazib #18 Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:15 PM

Captain

• 55252 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN
pay to win campaign..... i rather have a tier 10 campaign if anything at all

Edited by crazib, 27 October 2017 - 09:18 PM.

Come visit my stream: twitch.tv/crazib

my replays thread

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #19 Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 70241 battles

View Post_Totu_jp_, on 27 October 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

We were preparing all the while from CWE performed in Tier10 and CWC performed last year for CWC. And that was done, it was rather difficult to be here and WoT was being continued. I made DUCE grow into the clan which can fight in CW as a representative of a clan. This decision was different from an expectation, not a shock substantially. Holding may be late, so I want you to think.

私たちは、Tier10で行われるCWEやCWCのために去年行われたCWCからずっと準備をしてきました。そしてそれをしたいがためにWoTを続けてきました。私はクランの代表としてCWで戦えるクランにDUCEを成長させました。今回の決定はショックでしかなく、期待とは大幅に違うものでした。開催が遅くなってもいいので考え直してほしいです。

Wow the Google translate is real

Ok, let me help...

"We have been preparing since last year's CWC for a CWE/CWC that uses tier 10. And for this's sake we have continued playing WoT. As the clan commander I have made DUCE grow into a CW-capable clan. We have nothing but shock to this decision, it is greatly different from expectations. We hope you can reconsidier even if it means delaying the event.

REDL1NE #20 Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• 20575 battles
Please not the IS5..

Edited by REDL1NE, 27 October 2017 - 09:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users