Mobius99 #21 Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 10008 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postfizzydrink, on 04 November 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

so tournaments=cw=sh=random battles?

Tournament is tournament.
Clan Wars includes Stronghold and Global Map.
Random is random.

View PostTrehugger, on 05 November 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

ok with the new server.. coming online and CWz popping shortly.. how is this actually going to work ? do we get dragged into SG server ? or do we have the CP on ANZ too ? otherwise.. wg.. not really thinking about it..

Global Map will be for all APAC players as usual, only that battles in early prime time will take place on AUS periphery, and later prime time on SG.
And no there will not be an separated Global Map for AUS periphery.

User_1027675460 #22 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:28 AM

Private

• 1717 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

So from my reading of the forums this means all those top clans will have to play tier 10 tanks, instead of clubbing the tier 8  clan wars

I was looking forward to this in tier 8 which is what it was posted as before i transferred from NA

Now i cant even play since i wont have a tier 10 by then

xRainbowAssassinx #23 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:57 AM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 27743 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostUser_1027675460, on 14 November 2017 - 03:28 AM, said:

So from my reading of the forums this means all those top clans will have to play tier 10 tanks, instead of clubbing the tier 8  clan wars

I was looking forward to this in tier 8 which is what it was posted as before i transferred from NA

Now i cant even play since i wont have a tier 10 by then

Confusion and random shit is WG's policy.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn                           

LuckyLuciano #24 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

Staff sergeant

• 8488 battles
  • [T-C] T-C

View PostMobius99, on 13 November 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Tournament is tournament.
Clan Wars includes Stronghold and Global Map.
Random is random.

Global Map will be for all APAC players as usual, only that battles in early prime time will take place on AUS periphery, and later prime time on SG.
And no there will not be an separated Global Map for AUS periphery.

So mobius pretty much the early landing timezones will be played on the AUS periphery meaning that any Asia based clans including VPA and the likes will have to be on the AUS server in order to land at those provinces? then past cut off move back to SGD to play? just wanting to confirm.. because that would greatly help the CW situation with all us AUS/NZ constantly playing against 20ms clans at every timezone.

SkimsAU #25 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:30 AM

Staff sergeant

• 43337 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
I am not Mobius but answer - Yes. Same picture with last clan tournament, pacific league bases on ANZ server at time when asia league bases on SGD

Edited by SkimsAU, 14 November 2017 - 09:30 AM.

xRainbowAssassinx #26 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:59 AM

Captain

• 27743 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostLuckyLuciano, on 14 November 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

So mobius pretty much the early landing timezones will be played on the AUS periphery meaning that any Asia based clans including VPA and the likes will have to be on the AUS server in order to land at those provinces? then past cut off move back to SGD to play? just wanting to confirm.. because that would greatly help the CW situation with all us AUS/NZ constantly playing against 20ms clans at every timezone.

????? You have the same ping as the Viets in VPA do?

And even if you had 30 more, it makes no difference. Stop blaming your lack of skill on ping.

10 ping will get you just as far as 150 ping. But when it gets to 300, THEN it becomes unplayable, which is what some people get when playing ANZ server, so WG wants to rule out clans by using the ANZ server instead of using SG server which is best placed for everyone in early timezone. Just because of you whiny people.

Spoiler

Edited by xRainbowAssassinx, 14 November 2017 - 11:10 AM.

LuckyLuciano #27 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• 8488 battles
  • [T-C] T-C

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 14 November 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

And even if you had 30 more, it makes no difference. Stop blaming your lack of skill on ping.

10 ping will get you just as far as 150 ping. But when it gets to 300, THEN it becomes unplayable, which is what some people get when playing ANZ server, so WG wants to rule out clans by using the ANZ server instead of using SG server which is best placed for everyone in early timezone. Just because of you whiny people.

Spoiler

If you read carefully [edited]-assin you will notice I said *playing against 20ms ping clans* i.e everyone who isn't in AU/NZ*

It's also not just 30 more ms pings its 10-20 ms pings vs most who suffer 170-220 ms pings (this makes a big difference) we also suffer alot of packet loss which can tip the game over in a minutes.

I appreciate you having a dig a lack of skill and actually think we blame lag for our issues, when 100's of reports of connection issues, cables being down, packet loss so bad your tank skips across the screen, means we make this shit up.

300ms ping from you to AU/NZ server, welcome to our world - why should you have more benefit over the rest of us which everyone outside AU/NZ has had for years.

If you lag to much maybe you should get skill and not complain about ping issues...(your advice) alternatively don't play.

xRainbowAssassinx #28 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:43 PM

Captain

• 27743 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostLuckyLuciano, on 14 November 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

If you read carefully [edited]-assin you will notice I said *playing against 20ms ping clans* i.e everyone who isn't in AU/NZ*

It's also not just 30 more ms pings its 10-20 ms pings vs most who suffer 170-220 ms pings (this makes a big difference) we also suffer alot of packet loss which can tip the game over in a minutes.

I appreciate you having a dig a lack of skill and actually think we blame lag for our issues, when 100's of reports of connection issues, cables being down, packet loss so bad your tank skips across the screen, means we make this shit up.

300ms ping from you to AU/NZ server, welcome to our world - why should you have more benefit over the rest of us which everyone outside AU/NZ has had for years.

If you lag to much maybe you should get skill and not complain about ping issues...(your advice) alternatively don't play.

So 10% of the server should have the best ping and everyone else suffer? When the cable isn't down, I have never had problems playing from Australia, playing at 110 ping average and none of my clan mates ( ~20 Australians) EVER complain about ping when the cable isn't down. 

Sounds a bit self centred, ruin the game for others, there are people that get over 400 ping to Australia, India specifically and not just them. Do Australians AVERAGE 400 ping to SG server? Think again. 

:arta:"I just got 400 ping for like 2 seconds, lets complain even though this happens to countries all over the world. If we cry loud enough unlike everyone else, we might make our ping slightly better but ruin it for everyone else and destroy the game! Booyah."

I remember a post Wasaabi said that read something like "Australians are 10% of the server, but are responsible for 90% of the complaints on the forum" 

Edited by xRainbowAssassinx, 14 November 2017 - 01:46 PM.

Darksider267 #29 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:46 PM

Corporal

• 10002 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Honestly, and I probably speak for a lot of clans, and even Aussies on this matter, I'd be willing to deal with 150 ping to the SG server if it means more clans can do the campaign. It's not something us Aussies are unused to, there are tons of early TZ foreign clans getting shafted and there's a ton of people in English speaking clans who are based around Asia as well. It'd be way better from an equality standpoint to have things all running in SG. 

Also, don't complain about ping as the reason we need shit on ANZ. See those stats? I was pulling the same thing on NA where I get 200-300 ping and consistent packet loss. So suck it up, buttercup, because you'll just have to deal with it. It's not simething you can't deal with anyway. 

NA Transferree

3 marks: T110E5, T-10, M103, T26E4, T32, T29, Type 64

Napalmer #30 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:48 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 36192 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
It's not as if being on AU or SG server will change the results of the event anyway... :hiding:

Edited by Napalmer, 14 November 2017 - 03:48 PM.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, IS-3, T-54

Signature

The smell of Napalm...

LittleTimmy #31 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:12 PM

Timmeh!

• 15422 battles
I found that playing on the ANZ server (200 ping) for advances and playing on the SG (16 ping) server for advances is the same. ping is not an issue.

Edited by LittleTimmy, 14 November 2017 - 05:12 PM.

xRainbowAssassinx #32 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:26 PM

Captain

• 27743 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostLittleTimmy, on 14 November 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

I found that playing on the ANZ server (200 ping) for advances and playing on the SG (16 ping) server for advances is the same. ping is not an issue.

People in Indonesia and Philippines and India. Some of which get 400+. The ping of 200 is fine for people in SG like you (I assume) and me. The ping for Australians is less than all of this on SG. :child:

MagicalFlyingFox #33 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:44 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25737 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 14 November 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

Spoiler

Take your complaints to RU and get laughed off mate

TE_Saffe #34 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:04 PM

Major

• Live Streamer
  • 33432 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Campaign complaints

wiooooooooooooooooo 

How i have missed it! 

JOC469 #35 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:13 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• 62796 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostLuckyLuciano, on 14 November 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

Cable outages are the exception rather than the norm. 170-220ms ping is “suffering”. Packet loss is the bigger factor, and is usually explainable - they are called lag hax.

View PostLuckyLuciano, on 14 November 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

So what you are saying is that you need a crutch (reduced ping) to try and be competitive against “Asia based clans”.

I’m not sure how you think this will greatly help the CW situation. Whilst RB has been rubbished for it, hosting on the AU periphery provides a disadvantage to more competitive clans that it provides an advantage to. But that is the playing field that is set, so everyone will have to deal with it.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

LuckyLuciano #36 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:57 AM

Staff sergeant

• 8488 battles
  • [T-C] T-C

View PostJOC469, on 14 November 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

Cable outages are the exception rather than the norm. 170-220ms ping is “suffering”. Packet loss is the bigger factor, and is usually explainable - they are called lag hax.

So what you are saying is that you need a crutch (reduced ping) to try and be competitive against “Asia based clans”.

I’m not sure how you think this will greatly help the CW situation. Whilst RB has been rubbished for it, hosting on the AU periphery provides a disadvantage to more competitive clans that it provides an advantage to. But that is the playing field that is set, so everyone will have to deal with it.

No Joc what I am saying is that it will be a nice change to play CW without huge packet loss and some of the aussie players and NZers hitting 250-300 ms pings and finding it alot easier to play the game instead of having to always fight against the lag issues they suffer.

I thought that it might have been maybe 5-6 provinces in early timezone that are played on the aus server and as it hits 7pm AEST it goes back to SGD where most of the late aussie or SGD players login.. i don't see a problem with that.. if the whole campaign is only played on the Aus server then yes that is an issue but that wasn't the original question i was asking.. they don't miss out they just might not want to play with a high ping on a few early time zone provinces.

BetterThanjEbUs #37 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:24 AM

Corporal

• 16865 battles
  • [T-C] T-C

My read of what you're saying is that something you (wrongly) think puts Pyro at a disadvantage is somehow putting CW in general at risk right?  I think that's a massive leap, and in fact my expectation is the ANZ server will actually produce a bit of a boost in this region.

Also, you claimed both that we shouldn't talk about PING being a factor (though our experience now that we have ANZ is that the game plays completely differently), then claim that the ANZ servers puts clans at a disadvantage due to PING!  You can't have it both ways, PING either matters or it doesn't!

Just get amongst it and have fun.  If you can't play at 150, 200ms or 300ms PING or whatever it is you get, then don't chip those time zones.  Alternatively, you could just quit playing - thats what we all did when the cable broke & the connection turned to crap.

I for one am very greatful at the extremely generous move WG Asia have made to work around an issue entirely not of their making.  ANZ server means that instead of WoT being playable 6-9 months of the year it'll be playable all 12 months, that's great!

MagicalFlyingFox #38 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:10 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25737 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

My opinion is simple. ANZ server more adequately fits the needs of a majority of early TZ players. 

It also provides a gateway for more ANZ CW players as well since they're looking at expanding their playerbase from the ANZ server. 

If other people want to play on early TZ, then they will have to take the increase in ping into account. If they feel its too great, then simply don't play. 

xRainbowAssassinx #39 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:33 PM

Captain

• 27743 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostBetterThanjEbUs, on 15 November 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

My read of what you're saying is that something you (wrongly) think puts Pyro at a disadvantage is somehow putting CW in general at risk right?  I think that's a massive leap, and in fact my expectation is the ANZ server will actually produce a bit of a boost in this region.

Also, you claimed both that we shouldn't talk about PING being a factor (though our experience now that we have ANZ is that the game plays completely differently), then claim that the ANZ servers puts clans at a disadvantage due to PING!  You can't have it both ways, PING either matters or it doesn't!

Just get amongst it and have fun.  If you can't play at 150, 200ms or 300ms PING or whatever it is you get, then don't chip those time zones.  Alternatively, you could just quit playing - thats what we all did when the cable broke & the connection turned to crap.

I for one am very greatful at the extremely generous move WG Asia have made to work around an issue entirely not of their making.  ANZ server means that instead of WoT being playable 6-9 months of the year it'll be playable all 12 months, that's great!

Posted Image

Did you read anything that was said? Or is it lost in translation from English to ... [???]. 

xRainbowAssassinx #40 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:37 PM

Captain

• 27743 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 15 November 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

My opinion is simple. ANZ server more adequately fits the needs of a majority of early TZ players. WRROOOONNNNGGGGGGGGGG

It also provides a gateway for more ANZ CW players as well since they're looking at expanding their playerbase from the ANZ server. ANZ server might add more people back to the game, but that being the same for CW, unlikley. It takes more people away from other countries then it benefits.

If other people want to play on early TZ, then they will have to take the increase in ping into account. If they feel its too great, then simply don't play. It didn't need to get this far in the first place.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Neo