The more balanced the game, the less fun it is.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Jonathan_Smith #1 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:11 PM

Corporal

• 10464 battles
  • [THINK] THINK

Many changes have and will occur this year that make WoT more 'balanced' and less fun. We say goodbye to some of our favourites, the ELC -- nerfed to oblivion, the FV 215b 183 -- to be replaced in patch 9.21, the T95 -- AP shells removed, the Conqueror GC -- alpha and pen significantly reduced, the B-C 155 58 -- the unique autoloader gameplay changed, the FV 215b -- no longer available for sale, the old WZ-131 -- a fun little light tank changed, the Walker Bulldog -- no longer competitive. This list is not exhaustive, the changes to light tanks and artillery affected a lot of tanks. Some of these tanks, the death star in particular, were dreams of mine to own. I was so sad when the ELC was nerfed. It was my most played tank and I still miss the +3 MM.

Were these changes for the better? Not entirely. Reusable consumables are a massive nerf to tanks that rely on flanking, arty stun is more annoying than losing half HP (in my opinion because it reduces battle capacity whereas a tank on 1HP could still be fully operational), light tanks are just ridiculous with OP prems and underpowered tier Xs, and more importantly, the game is getting more and more monotonous. Sure you could argue that I could get the FV4005 but it's got no armour and that's not how I like it. Thing is, there are new or non-prem players (like me) who struggle to train crews and get the credits to progress up lines, and it's sad that we will never get our hands on some of the tanks we dreamt of. Bidding farewell to +3 MM for LTs means that some of the most amazing LT games will no longer be possible.

Mind you, arty were never OP, they were just RNG dependent, and all they really had to do was reduce the number per game to maybe 2 to keep their strength reasonable. Maybe the game is better off with these changes, but I don't like them.

Edited by Jonathan_Smith, 14 November 2017 - 10:11 PM.

Sir_British #2 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:47 PM

Captain

• 11387 battles

View PostJonathan_Smith, on 13 November 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Thing is, there are new or non-prem players (like me) who struggle to train crews and get the credits to progress up lines, and it's sad that we will never get our hands on some of the tanks we dreamt of.

You are probably the type of guy who sits in starbucks for the free wifi and never buys a coffee there..

I mean, come on, servers and people cost money, and even though it is a free-to-play game, do you really expect the game to be at its best when it costs you nothing?

As for the rest, its just progress, other players might surmise that it would be boring without new changes, different tanks to grind and events or missions.

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 ( https://www.twitch.tv/germidor )

Spoiler

iDd_Sloth #3 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:51 PM

First lieutenant

• 24376 battles
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU

View PostSir_British, on 13 November 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

You are probably the type of guy who sits in starbucks for the free wifi and never buys a coffee there.. +10

I mean, come on, servers and people cost money, and even though it is a free-to-play game, do you really expect the game to be at its best when it costs you nothing?

As for the rest, its just progress, other players might surmise that it would be boring without new changes, different tanks to grind and events or missions.

And gets angry when there is a lack of service despite not buying anything coz he's ENTITLED to it.

When an enemy Arty "one shots" 2 of your teams' heavies and you're in a heavy tank, you know you're screwed.

A heavy tank should have armor and a big gun, if you don't have either then you're not.

Zynth #4 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

Major

• 21728 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

the Conqueror GC -- alpha and pen significantly reduced. 

What? Did you say the ConqGC was nerfed? I can't hear you over my 14m splash radius and the piles of salt coming from pubbies.

View PostSir_British, on 13 November 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

You are probably the type of guy who sits in starbucks for the free wifi and never buys a coffee there..

Well damn, you caught me. The cheapo hoarder in me holds no regrets. Only difference is I do buy their coffee, but only during buy 1 get 1 free discounts.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

azmania3000 #5 Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:04 PM

Captain

• 38447 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostJonathan_Smith, on 13 November 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

Bidding farewell to +3 MM for LTs means that some of the most amazing LT games will no longer be possible. .

LT are still easily the most challenging class and you can get great games. IMO they are the only thing keeping me in this game. They also happen to be a massive credit so be organised for those babies

i dont like arty killing my LT when they miss by 10m from the other side of the map 

Edited by azmania3000, 13 November 2017 - 08:06 PM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #6 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 61261 battles
So that *maybe* instead of playing these 10% overpowered tanks you would play the other 90% of the content?

Proloser #7 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:34 PM

Major

• 21958 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

Not entirely. Reusable consumables are a massive nerf to tanks that rely on flanking, - No, because there is a a long cooldown, plenty of time for a tank to flank and I've never encountered an issue with this. Love this change personally.

arty stun is more annoying than losing half HP - nope, I'd rather get stunned and be able to use my med kit to remove the stun and get out of line of fire from the arty instead of having to snipe for the rest of the game due to no HP.
Mind you, arty were never OP, they were just RNG dependent, and all they really had to do was reduce the number per game to maybe 2 to keep their strength reasonable. - NOPE. Arty was even worse than it is now in it's old state. Just got a taste of it again today; M40/M43 hit my M48 patton for 1024 damage... it reminded me of how stupid it used to be.

kek

Gani_GANz #8 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• 13642 battles

View PostJonathan_Smith, on 13 November 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

just RNG dependent

Block Quote

Q: Will RNG will be reduce from +/- 25% to something lower?

A: No, we understand skilled players want the game to be more predictable in terms of fighting against other players. However, we decide to keep the +/- 25% RNG in the game so players can have their "magical” and “fun” moments.

that statement is the first thing that pops into my mind whenever I hear RNG

azls73 #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:19 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 28580 battles

Many changes have and will occur this year that make WoT more 'balanced' and less fun. We say goodbye to some of our favourites, the ELC -- nerfed to oblivion, the FV 215b 183 -- to be replaced in patch 9.21, the T95 -- AP shells removed, the Conqueror GC -- alpha and pen significantly reduced, the B-C 155 58 -- the unique autoloader gameplay changed, the FV 215b -- no longer available for sale, the old WZ-131 -- a fun little light tank changed, the Walker Bulldog -- no longer competitive. This list is not exhaustive, the changes to light tanks and artillery affected a lot of tanks. Some of these tanks, the death star in particular, were dreams of mine to own. I was so sad when the ELC was nerfed. It was my most played tank and I still miss the +3 MM. Were these changes for the better? Not entirely. Reusable consumables are a massive nerf to tanks that rely on flanking, arty stun is more annoying than losing half HP (in my opinion because it reduces battle capacity whereas a tank on 1HP could still be fully operational), light tanks are just ridiculous with OP prems and underpowered tier Xs, and more importantly, the game is getting more and more monotonous. Sure you could argue that I could get the FV4005 but it's got no armour and that's not how I like it. Thing is, there are new or non-prem players (like me) who struggle to train crews and get the credits to progress up lines, and it's sad that we will never get our hands on some of the tanks we dreamt of. Bidding farewell to +3 MM for LTs means that some of the most amazing LT games will no longer be possible. Mind you, arty were never OP, they were just RNG dependent, and all they really had to do was reduce the number per game to maybe 2 to keep their strength reasonable. Maybe the game is better off with these changes, but I don't like them.

some how,,i agreed with your point,,,The only true re balanced work done with effect is the Premium Tanks becoming more Hercules !!!

Ezz #10 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:50 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56456 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Indeed, they moved the outliers from trees into the premiums. And sadly they haven't shown any signs of trying to fix those broken tanks. Beyond that the games frustrations are pretty similar to what they were previously. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

azls73 #11 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:35 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 28580 battles

View PostGani_GANz, on 13 November 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

that statement is the first thing that pops into my mind whenever I hear RNG

I think RNG is waste of time,,,the quality is awful,,nothing constructive for players from RNG other then laughing like idiot.

azls73 #12 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 28580 battles

View PostProloser, on 13 November 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

the effect of stun are too much,,,there's no common sense at all. have you ever heard of soldiers getting stun effect

acting like drunken criple ? No its either you die or alive !!

agingtanker #13 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:27 AM

Staff sergeant

• 13338 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View Postazls73, on 14 November 2017 - 06:38 AM, said:

the effect of stun are too much,,,there's no common sense at all. have you ever heard of soldiers getting stun effect

acting like drunken criple ? No its either you die or alive !!

Seriously!  Someone who has obviously not heard of or experienced concussion and it's effects....

_Sammich_ #14 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:37 AM

Major

• 26626 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

OP - You know what's more annoying than the ELC nerf?

Not using paragraphs.

#grumpierthanReapstoday

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Profanisaurus #15 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:42 AM

Major

• 2011 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

Woah... backup a second.

People actually drink Starbucks coffee?

Salt glorious salt : They can not do what they want with unclearly way.

Ezz #16 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:46 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56456 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProfanisaurus, on 14 November 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Woah... backup a second.

People actually drink Starbucks coffee?

Chi ri things.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Napalmer #17 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 36192 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

I remember firing AP in my G.W. Tiger P for a SPG mission, and 1-shotting two IS-3s in a row.

Yeah, artillery was never OP.

EDIT: Dug this up on Youtube to prove my point:

Edited by Napalmer, 14 November 2017 - 08:53 AM.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, IS-3, T-54

Signature

The smell of Napalm...

hate_pubbehs #18 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:08 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 64133 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
If the 183 is OP then why haven't I played it for 2.5 years?

I really don't understand why they are removing a real life armoured vehicle, and leaving the mutant made up garbage like the Type5

SOLOPUBE. 3 MoE: T54E1, Lowe, FV4202, M46KR, IS-2, AMX M4 45, FV201, Panther M10, ARL 44, Heavy Tank VI, VK 30.01 D, Excelsior, Renault G1R

Puggsley #19 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:16 AM

First lieutenant

• 55674 battles
  • [T-C] T-C

View Posthate_pubbehs, on 14 November 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

If the 183 is OP then why haven't I played it for 2.5 years?

I really don't understand why they are removing a real life armoured vehicle, and leaving the mutant made up garbage like the Type5

​Tim, you "swimmer against of tides"

Ezz #20 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:46 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56456 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
As a general rule, the more balanced a game is, the more skill will play a role. I could understand why some people would find that less fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users