XVM rating and win rate are a lot of hogwash

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

Wolf533 #1 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:56 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 38751 battles
  • [LUBE] LUBE

First of all, when somebody with a lower win rate is posting, it gets shot down by players who have better win rates. These arrogant individuals do nothing to contribute to a serious discussion about grievances. Now, we all know that the win rate, even of an average player goes up, if he/she plays certain 'OP' tanks only.

But apart from this, who is the majority of players? Not the unicums. By definition they are a small percentage of a percent. Let me remind you that without the 'tomatoes' you wouldn't have a game to play. It would be back to Tetris for you, too.

I am so sick of these immature posts, just there to flaunt one's gaming prowess. I love to play this game. I play all kinds of tanks. Good tanks or looser tanks. But lately I find myself 9 times out of 10, in a tier 10 game in a tier 8 tank. The ANZ server is especially prone to this. That in itself is not so much of a problem, but weather I am a good player or not, if the fun is gone, the game becomes a drag.

Many people have left the game and came back with a promise of low ping and a better gaming experience, only to find themselves in the same joyless situation as before.

From the point of an exceptional player, XVM points them out like a sore thumb and makes people concentrate on them. Guilty your Honour on this account.

Really if anyone wants to show off how good they are, join the local gym. It is full of those guys.

So, my blood pressure is down to an acceptable level and I can face another tier 10 game in my tier 8 tank. 

Ezz #2 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:01 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56377 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostWolf533, on 14 November 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

First of all, when somebody with a lower win rate is posting, it gets shot down by players who have better win rates.  

That's dependent on the topic and what is being said.

These arrogant individuals do nothing to contribute to a serious discussion about grievances. 

Again very dependent. If someone has made a worthwhile topic, then the contributors will be many. If they are just having an unsubstantiated whine, then they'll get ripped to shreds.

But lately I find myself 9 times out of 10, in a tier 10 game in a tier 8 tank.  

In general this will lower individual influence, hence good players will see their WR drop in tier 8s, while those below average will see their WR increase. Think of it as a silver lining.

Beyond that is there any reason you think XVM and win rate is hogwash? You seem to mostly have issues with some people being good, while others not.

Edited by Ezz, 14 November 2017 - 09:02 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Profanisaurus #3 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:46 AM

Major

• 2011 battles
I was about shine the denier searchlight on the clouds but I see the defender of facts is already here.
Salt glorious salt : They can not do what they want with unclearly way.

Puggsley #4 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

First lieutenant

• 55632 battles
  • [T-C] T-C
Been a while since one of these :popcorn:

Ezz #5 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:15 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56377 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProfanisaurus, on 14 November 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

I was about shine the denier searchlight on the clouds but I see the defender of facts is already here.

To be honest the title screamed denier. But then the text was just salt. Bit disappointed to be honest. But hoping the OP hasn't just created a thread then run away before actually entering into the discussion. He never really got to the point of saying why he thought XVM and win rate were hogwash afterall, which was kind of the point.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Sir_British #6 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:14 PM

Captain

• 11327 battles

View PostEzz, on 14 November 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

To be honest the title screamed denier.

Hmm which type of denier are you talking about, those that deny there could be a possibility that WG manipulate the game or those that belive that WG do?  :P

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 ( https://www.twitch.tv/germidor )

Spoiler

Ezz #7 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:16 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56377 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSir_British, on 14 November 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

Hmm which type of denier are you talking about, those that deny there could be a possibility that WG manipulate the game or those that belive that WG do?  

The implication of a denier is that there is first proof.

Sir_British #8 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:22 PM

Captain

• 11327 battles

View PostEzz, on 14 November 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

The implication of a denier is that there is first proof.

that is the question, proof or possibility.

Denier: a person who refuses to accept the existence, truth, or validity of something despite evidence or general support for it:

See it works both ways, if the majority of the player base presume that WG manipulates the game, then I would surmise that is general support, semantics, where is your proof that they don't? Statistics? General theories?

As I stated before, a lot of VW owners generally thought their diesel was fine until...

How did you explain FramFramsons problem away?  :popcorn:

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 ( https://www.twitch.tv/germidor )

Spoiler

Ezz #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56377 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSir_British, on 14 November 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

Denier: a person who refuses to accept the existence, truth, or validity of something despite evidence or general support for it:

Exactly why we were hoping for another denier thread given the title.

View PostSir_British, on 14 November 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

How did you explain FramFramsons problem away?

Which one?

TE_Saffe #10 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

Major

• Live Streamer
  • 33401 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
Winning is luck ®

Sir_British #11 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

Captain

• 11327 battles

View PostTE_Saffe, on 14 November 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

Winning is luck ®

according to a recent video posted by LemmingRush.. it is..  :trollface:

Spoiler

Zynth #12 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

Major

• 21636 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

You're attributing "being an asshole" to "being a uncium" even though that value is not exclusive to unicums. You can also be a crap player and an [edited]at the same time and you can be a unicum who is a nice guy as well.

You're unhappy about people who are assholes, not unicums.

Edited by Zynth, 14 November 2017 - 12:34 PM.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

Ezz #13 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:35 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56377 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSir_British, on 14 November 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

according to a recent video posted by LemmingRush.. it is..  

Which one? Do you have the link?

Sir_British #14 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:41 PM

Captain

• 11327 battles

View PostEzz, on 14 November 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Which one? Do you have the link?

Hmm, the one you posted yourself, whereby he merely states that players use more Premium ammo due to RNG not being reliable enough to hit weak spots at distance, so basically, if you are lucky, your shot will hit where you are aiming for.. if not, it will miss.. 

I think I mentioned watching VaL shoot like 10-12 times and bouncing or missing in a row..   cause Skill right?

Ezz, maybe you are getting to long in the tooth with your 32K posts, forgetting some stuff.. I see a retirement chair somewhere in the corner.. :D

Spoiler

Ezz #15 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56377 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSir_British, on 14 November 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

Hmm, the one you posted yourself, whereby he merely states that players use more Premium ammo due to RNG not being reliable enough to hit weak spots at distance, so basically, if you are lucky, your shot will hit where you are aiming for.. if not, it will miss.. 

I think I mentioned watching VaL shoot like 10-12 times and bouncing or missing in a row..   cause Skill right?

Ezz, maybe you are getting to long in the tooth with your 32K posts, forgetting some stuff.. I see a retirement chair somewhere in the corner.. 

Lemming's point was that people use sprem to mitigate with the impact of RNG on the game - not that doing well is luck.

Sir_British #16 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:44 PM

Captain

• 11327 battles

View PostEzz, on 14 November 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

Lemming's point was that people use sprem to mitigate with the impact of RNG on the game - not that doing well is luck.

So you are denying that RNG is Luck ?

Spoiler

Zynth #17 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

Major

• 21636 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Get a room you two, or a thread.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

Ezz #18 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:50 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56377 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSir_British, on 14 November 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

So you are denying that RNG is Luck ?

Are you suggesting that winning is all RNG? If not then maybe you have misinterpreted lemming's vid. It was pretty straight forward i thought.

Ezz #19 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 56377 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostZynth, on 14 November 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

The thread was D.O.A..

Sir_British #20 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:54 PM

Captain

• 11327 battles

View PostZynth, on 14 November 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

Why, I think this room is fine, Ezz has his rocking chair and comfy slippers, or are they thongs?

Spoiler

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sir_British