[Rule Violation] Global Map Event: Operation Gambit

Clanwars gambit violation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

SaxonOrrick #21 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:15 PM

Corporal

• 17012 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

Over the last few days, several clans have been making incredibly large fame bids with the sole intention of hiding fame points by then retracting the bid before it is locked in, then repeating on a different province.

Fame points are intended to be open information so that clans can target higher fame clans to gain larger win bonuses, similarly, high fame clans need to be less aggressive against low fame clans so that they risk less fame on losses.

Through the abuse of the fame bid mechanic, these clans have denied this open information to opponents to gain an unfair advantage by denying other clans the information to make tactical decisions on the Global Map.

We ask that WG investigate this as a "clan action to gain an unfair advantage on CW global map" and Unsportsmanlike conduct.

If this is considered acceptable then please advise so that our friends on NA/EU/RU are aware they can utilise this "tactic" without repercussions.

Edited by SaxonOrrick, 18 December 2017 - 05:16 PM.

NoobAlert #22 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

Private

• 5629 battles

So they found a way to exploit the rules, I thought there was a discussion about this early on and it was suggested by WG that it should not be tried.  Sadly I can't find it now. 

This fame obfuscation process imho is somewhat against the spirit of the game, but it sure looks to be working for them. 

Looking at the fame table it seems some may doing it again tonight to ensure they don't lose their fame in battles - seems like bad sportsmanship at the very least as it denies other clans the opportunity to catch up if they beat the fame hiders.

Papa_Wiskey #23 Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:57 PM

Corporal

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 40204 battles
  • [01] 01

View PostSaxonOrrick, on 18 December 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

Over the last few days, several clans have been making incredibly large fame bids with the sole intention of hiding fame points by then retracting the bid before it is locked in, then repeating on a different province.

Fame points are intended to be open information so that clans can target higher fame clans to gain larger win bonuses, similarly, high fame clans need to be less aggressive against low fame clans so that they risk less fame on losses.

Through the abuse of the fame bid mechanic, these clans have denied this open information to opponents to gain an unfair advantage by denying other clans the information to make tactical decisions on the Global Map.

We ask that WG investigate this as a "clan action to gain an unfair advantage on CW global map" and Unsportsmanlike conduct.

If this is considered acceptable then please advise so that our friends on NA/EU/RU are aware they can utilise this "tactic" without repercussions.

You should read the rules. A lot of clans spent a lot of time reading them.

Just a reminder that this thread is for CW violation reporting.

Spoiler 
​​

If you wish to question Mobius further, drop him a forum PM, or make a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum pls.

~neokai

Edited by neokai, 18 December 2017 - 10:35 PM.

SaxonOrrick #24 Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

Corporal

• 17012 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

View PostPapa_Wiskey, on 18 December 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

You should read the rules. A lot of clans spent a lot of time reading them.

Would you care to elaborate on which rules sections endorse the actions I have noted?

NoobAlert #25 Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

Private

• 5629 battles
Sadly there are always those in any group that when given rules by which to operate, will search those rules for a way to subvert them for their own benefit, be it morally questionable or otherwise.  Were the rules poorly defined?  It would be a sad reflection of WG if that were to be the case.   In any case, this one still sounds dodgy.

neokai #26 Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:36 PM

SealClub Number 9

• Senior Moderator
  • 38174 battles

Guys, do the discussion in the other topic.

Just a reminder that this thread is only for CW violation reporting.

Spoiler 
​​

If you wish to question Mobius further, drop him a forum PM, or make/continue a thread in the appropriate sub-forum pls.

~neokai

Spoiler

SaxonOrrick #27 Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:17 AM

Corporal

• 17012 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

View Postneokai, on 19 December 2017 - 12:36 AM, said:

Guys, do the discussion in the other topic.

Just a reminder that this thread is only for CW violation reporting.

Spoiler 
​​

If you wish to question Mobius further, drop him a forum PM, or make/continue a thread in the appropriate sub-forum pls.

~neokai

Per my post earlier this has been reported under the first item that this thread is here to investigate.

"...clan action to gain unfair advantage on CW global map..."

Mobius99 #28 Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 10039 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostProfanisaurus, on 18 December 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

Mobius.  A question.  I have noticed that some clans Fame balances drop massively around the time they are applying for landings.  Any idea what is going on there?  Are the Fame bids for landings that massive these days or is there something dodgy going on?

Doesn't the Fame balance impact the rewards for attacking clans?

I know it's a little borderline to put here but I didn't think it would get attention buried in the other threads.

By Rule 7.5.3

There will be no affect on FP reward/loss to clans. All FP including auction bids (which yet to finalized) were calculated and included.

View PostSaxonOrrick, on 18 December 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

Although we do not encourage such action, but in general It's a loophole in the rules or design flaw in system. 

After reviewed the record of clans being mentioned/involved, we found there's no significant or visible damage caused by such action, therefore we will treat it as non-violation action this time

We will take this issue to devs for further discussion.

From a personal PoV, as much as I don't like how it's been done, I have to admit it's a quite genius tactic to bluff your opponents like that.

On a side note, as I have mentioned in other thread, this event is considered as a live test to see how the new system works, so we will surely review all the loopholes/flaws we have experienced and try to fix those in the future, system-wise or rule-wise.

Regards,
Mobius99

MagicalFlyingFox #29 Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:28 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 29506 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Mobius, I was of the impression that this tactic was already used earlier this campaign but we were strongly advised to not do it

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Mobius99 #30 Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 10039 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 19 December 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

Mobius, I was of the impression that this tactic was already used earlier this campaign but we were strongly advised to not do it

I don't recall there was any similar incident reported to me prior to yesterday during this event, and I couldn't find any record that I have talked to any PYRO members about it either. (could be but unlikely that I missed it).

If I know about this in stage 1 or stage 2, I would already take action, so I believe it's the first time I address this issue for Gambit.

Either way, it's inappropriate to penalize anyone for something that's not clearly written in rules or related to system design flaw/loophole at the end of the event, which caused no significant or visible damage.

SaxonOrrick #31 Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:16 PM

Corporal

• 17012 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS
Understood. Will take it on notice that anything not specifically covered by the rules is fair game. Cheers.

Edited by SaxonOrrick, 19 December 2017 - 08:17 PM.

Ezz #32 Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:55 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSaxonOrrick, on 19 December 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

Understood. Will take it on notice that anything not specifically covered by the rules is fair game. Cheers.

Welcome to campaign loopholes.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Mobius99 #33 Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:06 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 10039 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostSaxonOrrick, on 19 December 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

I think I have explained the reasons very clearly.

Don't try to make your own rules or put something I didn't say in my mouth.

I don't like any bit of it but it's the most logical decision based on the data and information I have on hand.

Since this event already ended, thread locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users