Best Arty Nations

SPG Artillery Best nation Reccomendation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

PROking21 #1 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:00 AM

Corporal

• 4607 battles
  • [NZAB] NZAB

Hey guys, i am a new player and i mostly play TDs.

While I was thinking about starting an arty tree grinding i picked up the British tree but my results have not meet my expectations. i often miss a shot or do significantly less damage. I heard about the accurate French SPGs (which i would like to try) and i want to give it a shot

I have grinded till Bishop (tier V) in the British tree and I am facing a very annoying issue of "Limited Firing Range". I often have to go forwards which results in my deaths.

Plz Help!

Zynth #2 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:26 AM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 26668 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Limited firing range is a unique feature of the British tier 5 and 6 artillery which can be bother a benefit and a detriment.

The detriment as you have found out is "Limited Firing Range" which means you need to be aware of your surroundings and pick good spots that are close to the front line.

The benefit is the arc you get from having such a short range. When firing at maximum range, your shots are landing at 90 degree angles, which makes it easier to penetrate weak engine decks and firing over obstacles. You will get significantly less penetrations due to the artillery changes.

The later tier 7, 8 and 9 artillery do not have this unique feature. The tier 10 has this feature, but the range is long enough to cover most of the map.

French artillery is accurate, but falls short on damage and splash on later tiers due to the artillery changes. I would recommend American artillery as the most flexible tree. Starting from tier 6, you start to get big splash which is essential to damage due to the changes. They also tend to have better horizontal arcs than German and Soviet artillery, making them more user friendly.

Also, a piece of advice. If you're expecting the full damage listed on the shell, you will be in for some major disappointment. Expect to do 1/3rd the amount of damage per hit. 1/4th or 1/5th if you're shooting a heavily armored tank from the front. Oh and artillery generally has a bad reputation for being annoying. Nobody likes artillery.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

pokeranger24 #3 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:27 AM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles

Murica !!!

that aside you will get access to better guns in brit from tier 6 onward

also take a look in this topic I posted few months back

http://forum.worldof...sonal-missions/

Edited by pokeranger24, 30 November 2017 - 01:27 AM.

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

SOPPO_OwO #4 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:52 AM

M4SOPMOD2 POWER OP

• 18378 battles
  • [MW] MW

to be frank , just stick with td's because you will receive in game massage with love quotes and friendly conversation after the battle in the garage .

AKASHA178 #5 Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:13 AM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 40294 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostPROking21, on 30 November 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

Hey guys, i am a new player and i mostly play TDs.

While I was thinking about starting an arty tree grinding i picked up the British tree but my results have not meet my expectations. i often miss a shot or do significantly less damage. I heard about the accurate French SPGs (which i would like to try) and i want to give it a shot

I have grinded till Bishop (tier V) in the British tree and I am facing a very annoying issue of "Limited Firing Range". I often have to go forwards which results in my deaths.

Plz Help!

uk line getting much better after tier 8, russian are getting good after tier 7 and USA getting better after tier 4 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

LightningMan #6 Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:27 AM

Corporal

• 28520 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
Just don't play arty...please. We have enough....

3 MoE: Chaffee, WZ131, WZ132, T54 mod.1, Type59, T54ltwt, WZ132A, E50, M46 Patton, Obj430 II, Conqueror, Obj257, Obj907, T62A, Obj140, Obj 430U, M48 Patton, E50M, Centurion AX

Puggsley #7 Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

Captain

• 72668 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

And you will generate an obscene amount of salt with UK arty firing over obstacles.

Don't ever discount the salt!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users