Lag Spikes/Rubber-banding

lag 999 ping annoying

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Thanatos_Erebus #1 Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

Corporal

• 22536 battles
It seems that in the last 24 hours (for me since the server reset yesterday) lag spikes and rubber-banding seems to occur more than ever, and in most cases my ping reaches 999 and stays there for up to 10 seconds. I am not the only one as others have indicated in the in-game chat during the match and the general chat in the garage, that they are experiencing the same. My Ping is normally within the 60-80 MS range yet these freezing lag spikes make it nearly impossible to play. I do not believe that it is my connection or ISP that is causing this as other players from all over the region are experiencing the same.

You_Wascally_Wabbit #2 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:37 AM

Private

• 4124 battles
  • [VEGAN] VEGAN

Same here.

I have been immobilized on several occasions and ended up in the water, cursing and swearing, and drowned.

Hopefully ANZ 24/7 will cure this.

CODMaster332 #3 Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:02 PM

Private

• 3858 battles
  • [JAIHO] JAIHO
Yeah. Although I have been having the same problem for a few months now. Since I live in Australia I use the AUS/NZ server whenever I can. When the server up-time was extended to 24/7, I was super excited to finally play with no lag. However, this was not the case. Most of the time I will have a VERY stable connection and a ping of 40-60ms. But sometimes the connection decides to shit itself and the ping will skyrocket to about 700-900 and it will disconnect every second. And its not just on the AUS/NZ server, its on the Singapore server as well. I'm suspecting its something on my end *cough* [edited] Telstra *cough*, but I want to know if it might be something with the servers instead.

Ensign_Brendoonigan #4 Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

Staff sergeant

• 5767 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

View PostCODMaster332, on 14 December 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

Yeah. Although I have been having the same problem for a few months now. Since I live in Australia I use the AUS/NZ server whenever I can. When the server up-time was extended to 24/7, I was super excited to finally play with no lag. However, this was not the case. Most of the time I will have a VERY stable connection and a ping of 40-60ms. But sometimes the connection decides to shit itself and the ping will skyrocket to about 700-900 and it will disconnect every second. And its not just on the AUS/NZ server, its on the Singapore server as well. I'm suspecting its something on my end *cough* [edited] Telstra *cough*, but I want to know if it might be something with the servers instead.

​I'm with Optus and I still get it as well here in Brisbane. Yeah, welcome to the Australian internet standards.

:sceptic:

Ensign

To Leopard 1, or not to Leopard 1 is the question!

British Line (Conqueror & Challenger), Chinese Lines (T34-2, 111 5A & WZ-131), French Line (AMX M4 mle. 45), German Line (Leopard PTA), Italian Line (P43.ter). 

2nd MOE: PZ III/IV, T-34

CelestiaLudenberg #5 Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:59 PM

First lieutenant

• 16862 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

Yeah I get this too, all I get is the usual drivel: "It's not WG's fault, it is your internet, talk to you ISP."

Believe it or not, I have talked to my ISP, I gave them all the details of what is going on, I gave them the addresses of both servers so they can check the routing as well as run tests, they acknowledged that I understand the issue with the SG server is due to the cable.

They gave me instructions on configuring the router settings to try and narrow it down but nothing worked.

Even they could not figure out what is going on with the issues to the ANZ server, the 1-5s input delays on tank control, the game taking up to 5s to respond to my aim moving etc.

I understand that not everything is under WG's control and more often than not things are indeed not their fault, but when I'm getting much better connection to EU and NA servers on other games, it really raises the question: Are you sure that it is not anything to do with the servers themselves because every other game I play seem to know what they're doing and have much more stable (and even half ping in Overwatch's case to the NA server) connection despite being up to 15x the distance away.

Edited by Defending_The_Fatherland, 14 December 2017 - 07:00 PM.

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

azmania3000 #6 Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

Captain

• 41862 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

My internet is fubar. adsl +3km doesn't cut it. ever

welcome to packet loss; aka; world of sinking winrate

FunkyBrassMonkey #7 Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 15104 battles
I am tired of 400+  pings on the Asia server and the myriad of excuses for the resolution of this issue. If you accept payment then accept responsibility for the providing the service. Packet loss and rubber banding is just a norm. Fix the server or decline the payments. 

wasaabi #8 Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:12 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20989 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostFunkyBrassMonkey, on 31 December 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

I am tired of 400+  pings on the Asia server and the myriad of excuses for the resolution of this issue. If you accept payment then accept responsibility for the providing the service. Packet loss and rubber banding is just a norm. Fix the server or decline the payments. 

The service does not include carriage of your traffic from you to Wargaming, that is your ISP who you probably pay more than Wargaming.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Razorfiend #9 Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:18 AM

Corporal

• 14376 battles
  • [ANZAF] ANZAF
Starting the day before Each Xmas the traffic out of Aus stops going via Perth and routes up via HOng Kong for about 3 weeks. I even caught mine going via LA for a few days last week.

It's the links out of country. I guess maintenance and as these are share by our in country providers you will see this across Telstra, nBN and Optus. Merry Xmas right....

Thanks WG for our own server, it's just gold!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users