New Player Questions so be forewarned I just started this game 2 days ago

newbie question new player questions simple but obvious perhaps

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

MactanGuderian #1 Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:10 PM

Private

• 163 battles

Hello and greetings all....

I have some newbie questions and have read forums, watched videos, etc and am still finding myself at a loss for the following tibits.... if you have no patience for new players then before becoming perturbed or sarcastic please just scroll right by this post :

1) In my hurry to get into the game and chomping at the bit, I simply accepted the recommended server which turned out to be Singapore after checking ... I mostly joined to play together with my best friend from Houston who i on the "USC" server. I have tried several times to add him as a contact and he is not found. Is there no interserver communication ? Does one of us or both of us have to bite bullet and join the same server in order to be able to be able to play in joint training ground rooms, etc ? Unfortunately both of us have already purchased a premium account and a few vehichles, if we change to mutual servers will our accounts, vehicles, GP, XP, etc come with us ? This is a major bummer and might spell the end for both of us... <sigh>. I know I should have checked this out first but these days seems like cross-server ties are the rule rather than the exception. Any way for us to hook up even in a training room without going through all this hassle ?

2) How does one acquire an SPG such as a Priest, Wespe, Hummel, etc. I have checked all the trees and used the various sort filters and still this one eludes me. My uncle was a gunny in WWII an I'd love to pilot a Priest or something .... any solutions ? 

3) Re: camoflage.... I have purchased one winter set, 2 city sets, and one woodland/jungle/hedgerow set I guess you would call it for my premium Panther 8.8. My question is - I am not prompted to select which camo colors I want before the battle so sometimes I find myself and my hapless PZKWV in North Africa or somewhere equally drab with camo which is more appropriate for the Ardennes in 1944 circa December. How does this work, or does it ?

4) If I am driving a premium tier VIII tank what are the highest and lowest tiers I can expect to meet on the field of battle ? I've driven my PZ -38 which I think is a premium tier III and I have not noticed anything higher than a tier III but have noticed some tier II's.

5) Camo redux - do you have to repaint after each battle or after having purchased, say, a winter scheme, can that be gone to again or does it have to be repurchased ?

6) Have noticed some historical wierdness --- panthers never had mounted an 88 as far as I know, just the 75m long... is this just the wargame coders version of poetic license ? lol

7) Have not noticed any representation of the M1-Abrams..... is it there under a different name ?? And --- I have read that there are night battles... is IR sighting a module in case of a night time engagement ?

AGAIN - seemingly simple questions but trying to get up to speed asap .... thanks and any well considered and non sarcastic responses will be greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

MactanGuderian

5) 

Ezz #2 Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:54 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60599 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Best bet is reading the wiki. It has lots of info and a great way to learn. And of course, don't drive your p88 until you've learned those basics. Better for you and your teams.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #3 Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:58 PM

Destroyer of WoT

• 19793 battles
If you cant find spg in tree, maybe youre in blitz.

''Ring around a rosie, a pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all fall down..''

An Ultimate solution for gold and arty problem, hold your tears, and click here, salvation is near---

hammertime179 #4 Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:30 PM

Gib Type 4/5 Heavy stun pls

• 20567 battles
  • [F-S] F-S
tl;dr much. apologies.

3)if you choose like for ex a winter camo in to display your garage it doesnt gonna send you on a winter map. Its still random so if ever it comes over a map like el halluf which is a desert map it will automatically choose your purchased desert camo. if ever you purchased example 2 winter camos the applied one will be used (pls correct me if im wrong. thanks)

4)check this http://wiki.wargamin...hart_v09191.png

5) no you dont have to repaint each battle. if you purchased it with in-game credits, it has a time limit of 7 days and 30 days wheter the tank is played or not. can be permanent by purchasing via gold.

6) welcome to WoT

7) Prolly wrong game, modern tanks doesnt exist here, only pre-ww2, post-ww2, cold war era tanks.

pokeranger24 #5 Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:54 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 8850 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

Hmmm....

1) - its near impossible for players to change servers but if you can try through customer service but dont hope for lot

2) check the tech tree to look what you are trying to find

3) Camo automatically selects for the map so you dont need to select if after being bought 

4) basically game balance, way to sell premium tanks and various other reasons - you will see more of that in various tech trees, including fake tanks

and yeha dont play the panther until you get an gasp of the game

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

You must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

AKASHA178 #6 Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:27 AM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 32511 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostMactanGuderian, on 09 December 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

Hello and greetings all....

I have some newbie questions and have read forums, watched videos, etc and am still finding myself at a loss for the following tibits.... if you have no patience for new players then before becoming perturbed or sarcastic please just scroll right by this post : welcome to Asia server 

1) In my hurry to get into the game and chomping at the bit, I simply accepted the recommended server which turned out to be Singapore after checking (check in case you get better ping on Australia server) ... I mostly joined to play together with my best friend from Houston who i on the "USC" server.(other servers are not connected to Asia server ) I have tried several times to add him as a contact and he is not found. Is there no interserver communication ? Does one of us or both of us have to bite bullet and join the same server in order to be able to be able to play in joint training ground rooms, etc ?(yea both of you need to be on same server to be able to platoon together ;)  Unfortunately both of us have already purchased a premium account and a few vehichles, if we change to mutual servers will our accounts, vehicles, GP, XP, etc come with us ? This is a major bummer and might spell the end for both of us... <sigh>.(no they wont move, you need to make a new account, unless you transfer your account which its not that easy plus only 1 times a year might happen)  I know I should have checked this out first but these days seems like cross-server ties are the rule rather than the exception. Any way for us to hook up even in a training room without going through all this hassle ?

2) How does one acquire an SPG such as a Priest, Wespe, Hummel, etc. I have checked all the trees and used the various sort filters and still this one eludes me. My uncle was a gunny in WWII an I'd love to pilot a Priest or something .... any solutions ? you need to start from tier 1 and grind them then move to tier 2,3,4.....,10 to get these tanks and spgs some are low tiers will be easier to obtain but some high tiers need time and patience, buy gold and convert the normal raw xp to free xp which in your case since your new, you got none )

3) Re: camoflage.... I have purchased one winter set, 2 city sets, and one woodland/jungle/hedgerow set I guess you would call it for my premium Panther 8.8. My question is - I am not prompted to select which camo colors I want before the battle so sometimes I find myself and my hapless PZKWV in North Africa or somewhere equally drab with camo which is more appropriate for the Ardennes in 1944 circa December. How does this work, or does it ? (camo works like this : each season got 1 type of camo -bear in mind only one camo for each season will work if buy many for one season you need to apply them one at the time if you like but usually only one camo each season is enough, no need to buy 5 because it dose not work like the way you explain it- so buy 3 camo which means each season one  )

4) If I am driving a premium tier VIII tank what are the highest and lowest tiers I can expect to meet on the field of battle ? I've driven my PZ -38 which I think is a premium tier III and I have not noticed anything higher than a tier III but have noticed some tier II's.( some tier 8 premium tanks having a special matchmaking such as super pershing or is6 and so on so they only face tier 9 and lowest tier they face will be tier 6// other tier 8s which got no MM+1 they face tier 10s and lowest tier they face will be tier 6 ;)

5) Camo redux - do you have to repaint after each battle or after having purchased, say, a winter scheme, can that be gone to again or does it have to be repurchased ?(i already explain the camo if you buy the camo with gold for that tank the camo will remain on that tank forever but if want to use other tanks you need to buy camo for them as well if you like )

6) Have noticed some historical wierdness --- panthers never had mounted an 88 as far as I know, just the 75m long... is this just the wargame coders version of poetic license ? lol (some on base on facts some are not like nameless )

7) Have not noticed any representation of the M1-Abrams..... is it there under a different name ?? And --- I have read that there are night battles... is IR sighting a module in case of a night time engagement ? its not in game 

AGAIN - seemingly simple questions but trying to get up to speed asap .... thanks and any well considered and non sarcastic responses will be greatly appreciated. (any other questions ill be happy to help you out, you could also drop me a personal message and come to teamspeak 3 so i could explain for you more )

Regards,

MactanGuderian

5) 

i hope this help you out :)

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

JOC469 #7 Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:34 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• 66025 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Please stop playing the tier8 premiums. Your 44% win rate would indicate that you aren’t contributing much. This is confirmed with your 28 average damage per game.

You are in the WoT PC forum which does not allow account transfers between regions, ASIA and America (USC) are separate servers. Your only option is to start again. There is also a version of WoT callled Blitz - it is designed for mobile/tablet use and does not have SPG. Only one of you needs to change servers. It does not have to spell the end for both of you.

The tier spread of vehicles is listed in the wiki/tankopedia. My advice is to stay out of tier8 as you are a detriment to your team.

WoT is an arcade game. Historical accuracy is not guaranteed.

Your reference to night battles would also point to Blitz. Try here:

http://forum.wotblitz.asia/

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

MactanGuderian #8 Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:42 AM

Private

• 163 battles

Thanks for all the thoughful and well written responses. Much appreciated.

Mactan

AKASHA178 #9 Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:31 AM

Smurfette

• 32511 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostMactanGuderian, on 11 December 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

Mactan

your most welcome 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

madgiecool #10 Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:08 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 899 battles

View PostMactanGuderian, on 11 December 2017 - 04:42 AM, said:

Mactan

I hope you don't mind, I had a look at your stats..  And I see you haven't unlocked any tier 2 vehs.  

Also, you need to play the UK tier 1 veh if you want to unlock the priest and bishop.

MactanGuderian #11 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:31 PM

Private

• 163 battles

Thank you sir, 

I will proceed to do just that . Now, if you could tell me how to LOCK the auto-aiming bot using diaper wearing chinese gold farmers, I

would be eternally grateful !!!

GUD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users