"New" player. Looking for advice on lines to grind, etc.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Major_Feel #1 Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:26 PM

Panzer Booty Enthusiast

• 802 battles

Hello and good day/night or whatever. I'm not really new to the game because I've played since 2012 but I took a long break (since early 2016) and missed all the transfer windows this year from NA (Don't ask) so I'm starting from scratch. And it's been... harder than I thought. The gameplay is different, the players, etc. And I only played high tiers before I took a break so playing lower tiers has been a... Well, yeah, I think you know what I'm talking about. I mean, it all feels "new".

Anyway, I currently have my eyes on the Maus and E-100 and am on the Pz 4H and just starting to grind what was my favorite line to, the IS line. Any advice on what other lines I can grind? Game advice in general? The recent tank lines? It would be much appreciated.

404 Signature Not Found

mttspiii #2 Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 28613 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

A USSR MT line is always a good grind.

But first off, what were your previous tanks before the hiatus? Might wanna relearn them; WG has changed a lot since.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Major_Feel #3 Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:23 AM

Panzer Booty Enthusiast

• 802 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 30 December 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

A USSR MT line is always a good grind.

But first off, what were your previous tanks before the hiatus? Might wanna relearn them; WG has changed a lot since.

I heard that USSR MT's are a good grind, but I gave up once I got to the T-43. I had to fire too much gold, which affected profitability. I don't know where to start tbh. Lol

Well, I had the IS-7, the original deathstar, FV215b, T110E5, E4, E3, and E-50M. Thinking about going up the same lines. And what do you mean by a lot​? 

404 Signature Not Found

_WMD_ #4 Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 44706 battles

View PostMajor_Feel, on 30 December 2017 - 03:23 AM, said:

I heard that USSR MT's are a good grind, but I gave up once I got to the T-43. I had to fire too much gold, which affected profitability. I don't know where to start tbh. Lol

Well, I had the IS-7, the original deathstar, FV215b, T110E5, E4, E3, and E-50M. Thinking about going up the same lines. And what do you mean by a lot​? 

Stay on NA and wait for the next transfer ? Because that is quite a selection of tier 10s you have managed to collect
Either only play doubles per day or you know stop firing gold ammo, it will be punishing at first but eventually you will adapt to its play style

Edited by _WMD_, 30 December 2017 - 11:45 AM.

Shad0: You know that time when there was a King Tiger on 2 HP and another King Tiger on Full life ? And the King Tiger rammed uphill in slow motion, for 1 HP and then kept fail ramming until he was killed by the a 1 Hit point tank. Was the stupidest tank ever
Shad0: You are now that Noob KingTiger
Me: D:

Meverick #5 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

First lieutenant

• 47753 battles
Depends if you will do stock grinds, all lines are enjoyable if you use free exp. If you dont wanna free exp then Japanese heavy line is good choice as you can use the same gun from tier 6 to tier 8. 

adamloh #6 Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:25 AM

Corporal

• 10444 battles
  • [1-GAB] 1-GAB
Just a suggestion if you like to do nothing then the Swedish td line,if you like more depression than murican go for the swe med.if you like med such as crom go for the Czech skoda t6 med for 3 shot pew pew fun

Major_Feel #7 Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:11 PM

Panzer Booty Enthusiast

• 802 battles

View Post_WMD_, on 30 December 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

Stay on NA and wait for the next transfer ? Because that is quite a selection of tier 10s you have managed to collect
Either only play doubles per day or you know stop firing gold ammo, it will be punishing at first but eventually you will adapt to its play style

Nah. Ping's too high and god knows when the next server tranfer will be. My ping on here is just a lot better.

View PostMeverick, on 30 December 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

Depends if you will do stock grinds, all lines are enjoyable if you use free exp. If you dont wanna free exp then Japanese heavy line is good choice as you can use the same gun from tier 6 to tier 8. 

Yeah, I'm going up that line now. :) I hear it's all derp goodness especially once you get the Type 5 lol

View Postadamloh, on 31 December 2017 - 12:25 AM, said:

Just a suggestion if you like to do nothing then the Swedish td line,if you like more depression than murican go for the swe med.if you like med such as crom go for the Czech skoda t6 med for 3 shot pew pew fun

A question about Swede td's: How does the siege mechanic work? Lol and I'm prolly gonna go up the Czech mt line only after I get the Tiger/T29

404 Signature Not Found

mttspiii #8 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:56 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 28613 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostMajor_Feel, on 30 December 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

T-43 is still bad; I once tried running the 122mm derp gun on it but reverted to goldspam gun for reliability. But still, with WG heaping on all the T-44 buffs and having 4 USSR tier X MT's, it's not a bad place to start.

As for your original tanks:
- IS-7 got 300 extra HP and better gun handling; it's more comfy to drive now

- FV183, not sure if you were around when its HESH pen dropped and its mobility was halved in exchange for some bit of armor. Not that it matters; you can't grind it now.

- FV215 HT can't be grinded anymore; instead you have the SConq which has an even better turret on a more sensible mid-chassis position, protected by even more spaced armor. It's still got high DPM and gun handling as well; also the grind to the SConq has changed greatly: Caernarvon got tier X levels of DPM and a different gun, Conq got an improved turret that completely changed it; alas the Churchills are still a dog to drive. I'd highly recommend re-grinding the Super Conqueror because its tier 8 and 9 are practically all-new different tanks now.

- E3 and E4 were unchanged.

- E5 once had a super-buff to its armor that made even its cupola weakspot impenetrable, but sadly WG became sensible and nerfed the cupola.

- E 50M has practically no changes, unless you're interested in the Panther II getting the 88mm L/100 gun for 220+ pen. Surely you were there when WG turned the VK36.01 to an HT.

By what I mean a lot, is that the enemies in your grinds have also become different. The UK TD's don't have cupola weakspots anymore, the UK turreted TD's have newer higher-alpha guns, the French HT's have more gun depression than the American ones (Even the autoloaders!), and Centurions and T-54's got turret buffs which let them actually hulldown reliably

There are now Japanese HT's that are bigger than the Maus, has thicker (but flat) armor, and have derp guns all the way to tier X; they're such a unique experience that it's actually a must-grind as well.

There's also the Swede TD's; from tier 8 onwards, you press X to lock the tank to 'Siege Mode', where your gun is massively buffed in exchange for a mobility nerf (5kph forward/back), and your hydropneumatic suspension means your entire tank moves up and down when you move your gun. It's also got 280+ pen for tier 8, which is lovely.

Swede HT's have excellent turret armor but horrid gun handling; they are apparently a one-trick pony and aren't really exciting to grind.

Czech MT's have, at tier X, an autoloader with excellent gun handling; it might be of interest to you.

Major_Feel #9 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:26 PM

Panzer Booty Enthusiast

• 802 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 02 January 2018 - 01:56 AM, said:

T-43 is still bad; I once tried running the 122mm derp gun on it but reverted to goldspam gun for reliability. But still, with WG heaping on all the T-44 buffs and having 4 USSR tier X MT's, it's not a bad place to start.

As for your original tanks:
- IS-7 got 300 extra HP and better gun handling; it's more comfy to drive now

- FV183, not sure if you were around when its HESH pen dropped and its mobility was halved in exchange for some bit of armor. Not that it matters; you can't grind it now.

- FV215 HT can't be grinded anymore; instead you have the SConq which has an even better turret on a more sensible mid-chassis position, protected by even more spaced armor. It's still got high DPM and gun handling as well; also the grind to the SConq has changed greatly: Caernarvon got tier X levels of DPM and a different gun, Conq got an improved turret that completely changed it; alas the Churchills are still a dog to drive. I'd highly recommend re-grinding the Super Conqueror because its tier 8 and 9 are practically all-new different tanks now.

- E3 and E4 were unchanged.

- E5 once had a super-buff to its armor that made even its cupola weakspot impenetrable, but sadly WG became sensible and nerfed the cupola.

- E 50M has practically no changes, unless you're interested in the Panther II getting the 88mm L/100 gun for 220+ pen. Surely you were there when WG turned the VK36.01 to an HT.

By what I mean a lot, is that the enemies in your grinds have also become different. The UK TD's don't have cupola weakspots anymore, the UK turreted TD's have newer higher-alpha guns, the French HT's have more gun depression than the American ones (Even the autoloaders!), and Centurions and T-54's got turret buffs which let them actually hulldown reliably

There are now Japanese HT'sthat are bigger than the Maus, has thicker (but flat) armor, and have derp guns all the way to tier X; they're such a unique experience that it's actually a must-grind as well.

There's also the Swede TD's; from tier 8 onwards, you press X to lock the tank to 'Siege Mode', where your gun is massively buffed in exchange for a mobility nerf (5kph forward/back), and your hydropneumatic suspension means your entire tank moves up and down when you move your gun. It's also got 280+ pen for tier 8, which is lovely.

Swede HT's have excellent turret armor but horrid gun handling; they are apparently a one-trick pony and aren't really exciting to grind.

Czech MT's have, at tier X, an autoloader with excellent gun handling; it might be of interest to you.

Got busy (school) lol. Anyway, thanks for the info. :) thinking about going up the same lines and the lines you mentioned but tbh only the UK Heavy line "scares" me a bit. Are the Churchills really that hard to grind through? I really want the SConq too so I can participate in CW again before this year ends. Gonna try and go for the "meta" tanks as well. It's the advice some random 56%er gave me earlier in-game.

Edited by Major_Feel, 03 January 2018 - 11:27 PM.

404 Signature Not Found

mttspiii #10 Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 28613 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

The Churchills got screwed out of meta once everyone realized that the "mudguards" are large weakspots, or that their thick armor is vulnerable to simple goldspam. And that the O-I is practically everything a Churchill would hate: thick armor, derp guns, and popularity that meant every match would practically have at least 1 enemy O-I.

I really did enjoy my Churchill I though; the Churchill VII has always been subpar, and the Black Prince (lackluster as it was before) even got its turret armor nerfed.

Major_Feel #11 Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:26 AM

Panzer Booty Enthusiast

• 802 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 05 January 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

The Churchills got screwed out of meta once everyone realized that the "mudguards" are large weakspots, or that their thick armor is vulnerable to simple goldspam. And that the O-I is practically everything a Churchill would hate: thick armor, derp guns, and popularity that meant every match would practically have at least 1 enemy O-I.

I really did enjoy my Churchill I though; the Churchill VII has always been subpar, and the Black Prince (lackluster as it was before) even got its turret armor nerfed.

Good thing I'm also moving up the O-I line :D and I guess it's gonna be a hard grind to the SConq. I do agree that the Churchill I is more playable than the VII or the BP. I've been in a few matches with I's that 'dominated' the game while the games I played with the two higher tiered tanks... they really just seemed 'meh' imo.

404 Signature Not Found

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users