The WOT_Blog 2018

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

The_Salty_Brit_ #1 Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:32 AM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

It is a New Year and therefore we should forget the past and move on with a new thread. This year I will try to be less serious and post more fun and MEMEs concerning my time playing World of Tanks. I hope that the readers can relate to it and invite them to post their own MEMEs about their experiences good, sad or bad playing this wonderful game! 

Firstly I would like to thank ALL previous posters, and hope that we can continue together to explore the difficulties, trauma, drama and jubilations associated with the weekly / daily grind!

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 

Spoiler

The_Salty_Brit_ #2 Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:54 AM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

Wot_Blog Post #1

As with Sir_Direkin, I also have battles where you can just shake your head at, not just in the lower tiers but in the more competitive ones too. 

Map: Windstorm

Started early by taking up a TD position to cover the open valley/ riverbed area, quickly realised that the game was afoot and I should advance with my teammates, the Valentine AT is like the rest of the British TD line much too slow however, lots of Zeros (including myself) I didn't even manage to fire a shot in anger, the game was over before I could sight an enemy tank..

Valetine-1.jpg

On a more upbeat tone, after playing 92 battles I finally managed to complete the FV215b 183 Mission (hurrah) which is a 54% success rate (mission wise) with an overall tank win rate of 63% and although I myself felt badly about some unfortunate seal clubbing, (6 TG and 1 BIA) most games were fought out failrly equally, since the AT isn't exactly an OP tank at this tier. 

There were some shady excellent players though, with members of BLAZE and BLAST being the most proficient at such tactics. One BLAST player had from 6k games, 2.8k in a Chi-Ro and 2.2k in a Pz II and their highest tier was tier III, they off course had nice blue / purple stats to show for it, myself, I mostly found the map rotation too tedious and the gameplay mostly unexciting lemming trains or yolos.. 

I am glad I have finished the mission and this could be considered my first contemplated success for 2018. I have the Badger and FV 215 183 and now completed the mission, a Trifecta you could say..   hahaha

On a different note, the Bat Chat 12t is proving to be a different beast to the AMX 13 75, probably due to the higher tier and surprisingly low penetration, with only 170mm (my tier 6 Sherman has 171) you can't reliably attack tanks from the front and really have to wait until you can hit them from the sides or rear.. and I am still trying to find a fluidity of movement around the various maps and when moving in for the clip-out kills..  

The M4A1 is behaving as expected and I am glad that I opted to purchase it in-game instead of loot boxes oops, I mean holiday boxes..  because we all know about that story.. :trollface:

Please reserve CRD comments for the appropriate forum section

>Centurion_IRL

Edited by Centurion_IRL, 07 January 2018 - 09:11 AM.

Spoiler

JOC469 #3 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:16 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 67763 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

Is this really Gameplay discussion? Seems more like it will be another off-topic whine fest.

When did the forums become LiveJournal? Just saying.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

User_000125661 #4 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:22 AM

First lieutenant

• 26154 battles

View PostJOC469, on 07 January 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

Is this really Gameplay discussion? Seems more like it will be another off-topic whine fest.

​But isn't that what the majority of posts on this forum are?

azmania3000 #5 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:42 AM

Captain

• 42920 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

Fill the kettle, find your slippers, stack the pipe and we'll have some tea and scones.

Pip-pip, tally-ho, come on then that's the mark; and all that babble off

jumphonner #6 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:50 AM

First lieutenant

• 48427 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postazmania3000, on 07 January 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

Fill the kettle, find your slippers, stack the pipe and we'll have some tea and scones.

Pip-pip, tally-ho, come on then that's the mark; and all that babble off

What? No cucumber sandwiches?

Hands off our PMM tanks War Gaming.

Say NO to Russian Refunds.

The_Salty_Brit_ #7 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:50 AM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

View PostJOC469, on 07 January 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

​it quite clearly states WoT_Blog..  and there are no forum rules against it, unfortunately there isn't another forum rubric would could be used, since it isn't off topic, we are discussing the game and various stuff here, and YOU are free to post your thoughts and opinions, maybe your own experiences playing this oh so wonderful game!

JOC469, irrespective of our inter-personal spat relationship, there are enough viewers and posters that read and posted in the previous thread, to warrant a new one, again, you don't have to read or post here, it is not obligatory , unlike being civil is.. 

Spoiler

CelestiaLudenberg #8 Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:04 AM

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

• 18154 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostJOC469, on 07 January 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

>Complains about us taking your thread off-topic despite you not actually caring and joining in.

>Creates his own thread in a sub-forum that does not match his intent.

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

azmania3000 #9 Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

Captain

• 42920 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View Postjumphonner, on 07 January 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

What? No cucumber sandwiches?

you've caught me out; I'm a german spy :hiding:

View PostSir_British, on 07 January 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

JOC469, irrespective of our inter-personal spat relationship, there are enough viewers and posters that read and posted in the previous thread, to warrant a new one, again, you don't have to read or post here, it is not obligatory , unlike being civil is.. 

He's just trying to be cool, like Socrates or Diogenys; but lacking in wit. Try have some fun with it. You're obviously more entertainment than TV due to the higher level of interaction.

Would be rather sporting to flush the fox out of its den, no?

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #10 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 20906 battles
Bc12T are 1 of the best T8 ive play so far. Stock are harsh, thats normal. It still better than running sta2 or IS3 now.

They are rage, brutal without mercy. But you, you will be worse. Rip and tear until it is done.

The_Salty_Brit_ #11 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

View Postjessica_raven, on 07 January 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

Bc12T are 1 of the best T8 ive play so far. Stock are harsh, thats normal. It still better than running sta2 or IS3 now.

​My gut feeling is that the 13 75 has more top / middle tier battles which allures you into a slight false sense of ability, the BC 12t on the other hand with the current MM has to deal with top tier X tanks and 9s more often, which the 170mm penetration doesn't cope with well. Therefore you have to spam more Premium than would be liked, I am not sure what the intra-clip time is on the Medium Bat-Chats, but the B-C 12t has 2s, which so far I have found to be a real problem, I could only 3-hit an advancing Lorraine 40T before I had to bug out and he almost destroyed me, but it is early days. 

What would you suggest for the equipment and crew skills? 

Spoiler

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #12 Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 20906 battles
Im cheap, so only carry about 8 apcr. Due to that, my equip was vents/binocs/camo net. I'll let other do the scouting/shooting stuff, stay somewhere safe and came out during mopping phase. Best equip probably vents/optic/something ( this thing can vstab?, Ive nvr look at it ).

They are rage, brutal without mercy. But you, you will be worse. Rip and tear until it is done.

The_Salty_Brit_ #13 Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

(this is just a test to see if I can post images with a better quality and that are easier to read / look at). 

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Iiw0JmB.jpg[/img]

Aha got it..    now that does make a difference..  

Edited by Sir_British, 07 January 2018 - 03:50 PM.

Spoiler

CelestiaLudenberg #14 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

• 18154 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostSir_British, on 07 January 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

(this is just a test to see if I can post images with a better quality and that are easier to read / look at). 

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Iiw0JmB.jpg[/img]

Aha got it..    now that does make a difference..  

You're welcome for the tutorial lmao

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

The_Salty_Brit_ #15 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

Quick_Update:  (otherwise someone might close this thread for lack of use..) 

Nothing exceptional happened today, tanks wise, took part in some battles with my Bat Chat 12t and M4a1, I seem to do better in the M4A1 although they are both tier 8s, still trying to get the hang of this re-location and clip out playstyle. The 2s intra-clip is what lets me down, or my lack of being able to judge the right moment to attack.. 

I feel comfortable with he M4a1 even with its long reload time, it seems to be a good credit earner at the moment, hopefully it will become better once I have managed to get the crew skills to at least two.. 

On a non-tanks level, I have finally sorted out this MEME posting thing, just need some practice , that is all it takes, thanks @Defending for his kind help too! 

Seems to be one of those non-plus days today,  tried to help the clan with some advances on the AUS server, just had connection problems, but it was good to listen to the Caller and how he wants to call.. hopefully we can play some SG advances too soon.. 

Hope you all had a good day with WoT or whatever you have been doing! I'm heading off to watch some streamers strut their stuff and learn some new places / tactics.. 

Spoiler

Sir_Direkin #16 Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:35 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10140 battles

View PostSir_British, on 07 January 2018 - 11:41 PM, said:

Hope you all had a good day with WoT or whatever you have been doing! I'm heading off to watch some streamers strut their stuff and learn some new places / tactics.. 

Eh, it was so so. Currently down to 2 tanks left at tier III (for new lines), one of which is the Chinese medium light which is very underwhelming. 

3 failed carry games in the Pz 38 (tier IV) in a row where teams keep getting themselves killed without doing any damage (one game had 7 players with 0 dmg, and on top of that the other team had the obligatory stat padder in a T67). xTE of XX in that, and I have trouble winning games. Apparently I'm not carrying hard enough, and it's never a problem with the teams.

What I've learned today:

The top gun on the M5 Stuart absolutely sucks. I thought it was an autoloader, but no, it's an autocannon. Played with it for one game- 35 shots, 12 hits, 1 pen. I'll be going back to the stock gun in the next game.

A-20, if there was ever a pointless tank, that would be it. I'm using the 45mm (I believe) which has the best pen possible, but the alpha is abyssal even for a tier IV. It really seems to be a 'spot only' tank, as you can't really count on the gun for anything. I've referred to LTs as being annoying little mosquitoes, but this isn't even that; it's more like a midge. Sure, you're likely to pen, but your target probably won't even notice the health loss (maybe until 400 pens down the line).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy

Steel_Spektor #17 Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:17 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 23064 battles
  • [SCREW] SCREW

How many topics/posts are related directly to game play? Cmon mate. If all the garbage threads were merged we'd have a very sparse forum.

what_is_ligma #18 Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

Captain

• 18175 battles
Best thing about french lt line, is they all play the same. If you enjoy the 12t, you will have more fun with the 1390. It significantly increases the burst damage which is fun. The 1390 is still in one of my favorite tanks.

Mudguts4710 #19 Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:05 PM

Face like a Robber's Dog

• Beta-Tester
  • 40356 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View PostTE_Skell, on 09 January 2018 - 03:52 AM, said:

Best thing about french lt line, is they all play the same. If you enjoy the 12t, you will have more fun with the 1390. It significantly increases the burst damage which is fun. The 1390 is still in one of my favorite tanks.

What's the general opinion of the 13 105? I've ground it out and unlocked it, but after about 700 games in the 13 90, and a 3.75 skill crew (and the current MM), I feel more comfortable in the Tier 9 and can't see anything on paper that makes me want to buy the Tier 10.

Cynic - someone who sees the world as it actually is, not as everyone wishes it was...

Shoot it with Sabot until it stops, then shoot it with HEAT until it changes shape. ('Israeli method' of ensuring a tank kill)

SaltyBob_ #20 Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 43793 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-

Team Efficiency should have [content removed]

Non-constructive, General insult; Content removed, User warned.

~ElderCyclops

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users