The WOT_Blog 2018

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

__xX_360n0sc0p3_b01_Xx__ #21 Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:40 PM

Captain

• 17903 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Only just got the 105, from my few games, its the same thing, but higher pen, less exposure time, less reload time, better alpha at the cost of less burst. Which is fine.

Wat, @ englishbob

SaltyBob_ #22 Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:00 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 42596 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
@ Skell it's just that AFL clubs are starting to Buy / Sponsor eSports Teams  .....  MONEY :honoring:  Probably NRL Teams as well  :great:  Essendon and Adelaide both purchased eSports Teams 1 relocated the whole team to Melbourne prob Essendon  :B

Edited by EnglishBob, 09 January 2018 - 02:02 PM.

azmania3000 #23 Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

Captain

• 41080 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostEnglishBob, on 09 January 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

@ Skell it's just that AFL clubs are starting to Buy / Sponsor eSports Teams  .....  MONEY :honoring:  Probably NRL Teams as well  :great:  Essendon and Adelaide both purchased eSports Teams 1 relocated the whole team to Melbourne prob Essendon  :B

Ok Bob now make them sing a camp team song parodied from an 1800's tune;

"see Eutism fly up.....UP! to win the werld of tonk flag"

Can we have the banners and short shorts? this would be too funny XDXDXD

Sir_Direkin #24 Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

Captain

• 9295 battles
Curious. I always heard the tier X was quite underwhelming compared to the tier IX.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M24 Chaffee, T-50, T1 Heavy

SaltyBob_ #25 Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 42596 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

Sounds good .... azmania3000 .....  I like short shorts, you like short shorts, we all like short shorts ..... :trollface:

CardinalMite #26 Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

First lieutenant

• 26514 battles

View PostSir_Direkin, on 09 January 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

Curious. I always heard the tier X was quite underwhelming compared to the tier IX.

Mostly what I have seen is that people compare it to the BC25t and find it lacklustre in comparison. That said it can still be very good and not as good as a BC.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

__xX_360n0sc0p3_b01_Xx__ #27 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:14 PM

Captain

• 17903 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostEnglishBob, on 09 January 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

I don't think sponsors would like to see their logo advertised upside down. :)

View PostCardinalMite, on 09 January 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

Mostly what I have seen is that people compare it to the BC25t and find it lacklustre in comparison. That said it can still be very good and not as good as a BC.

Well yeah, that's the thing isn't it, when you compare too 1390 its an improvement, but then compared to bc25t, whats the point of it. But in its own right and compared to other TX Lights its a good tank. 

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #28 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

Destroyer of WoT

• 20034 battles

View PostEnglishBob, on 09 January 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

WG should consider putting cap limit on tank type in esport and make it closer to 15v15 random. That could attract wider audiance. 

DON'T LIKE MY TANKING?

DIAL

010-GO[EDIT]YURSELF

TERMS AND CONDITION APPLY. 8HRS A DAY,  5 DAYS PER WEEK. MAY OR MAY NOT REPLY.

The_Salty_Brit_ #29 Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:19 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

WOT_Blog_Update:

Hey I'm back [Content removed]

As for WoT.. 

well, I have recently continued to play using the M4A1 Revo. for credits and the future Bat Chat crew and my Bat Chat 12t, to grind the XP needed, I enjoy both tanks although they have distinctly different playstyles, the Bat Chat is probably the more difficult one to get used to and do well in, I have a tendency to either over-expose (trying to get good early spots) or to under expose (sitting in a bush too far away to be useful) but the shoot and scoot part is slowly becoming better, I still have problems with manoeuvring the tank at close quarters (sometimes hit a small bump which causes the aim to go off, missing shots etc) however, in general I think that I can overcome these difficulties over time, and hopefully be able to play at a high enough level as to increase my over all win rate. 

Having only played 50 and 30 Battles respectively, thee is a long way to go..  

Which brings us onto another problem,  whether WoT has still enough content to keep longstanding players enthused. after watching Bol's last few streams (he is highly entertaining not only because of his gameplay but also his openness about his feelings towards playing WoT). I have similarly noticed a huge drop in my enthusiasm to click 'battle' or even to launch the game itself. I am forcing myself to play due to the current 48% (for me) Holiday Operations bonus, which is too good to miss out on, and I should be playing 10 hours a day to make the most of it.. but I aint, (a slang form of am not) that is because I just don't feel that the game offers a decent return for time spent, as in the equation 'enjoyment over time.' 

Now, I am not going to rant about whether this is due to bad teams, bad MM or bad play by myself, including terrible RNG, moreover I am just going to leave it there as a suggestion as to why the player base numbers are diminishing. Maybe World of Tanks 1.0 will change this, or the new maps, or WG will finally implement some game breaking changes or much needed balance. 

as always, it is a case of wait and see..

I'm off to play some tonks..   

[Content removed]

Disputing/discussing moderator decisions. Insults to moderators.  Content removed, escalated sanctions applied for continued and excessive violations.

~Wasaabi

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 

Spoiler

SaltyBob_ #30 Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 42596 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
I agree I think TE_ Bol is becoming Salty at the game ... like a lot of longstanding players ... MM is the biggest problem imo  ....... I think common sense seems to be missing from the forums as well.   :honoring:

SaltyBob_ #31 Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 42596 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View Postjessica_raven, on 09 January 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

WG should consider putting cap limit on tank type in esport and make it closer to 15v15 random. That could attract wider audiance. 

Yeah I like watching the WGLeague .... I am not sure 15 v 15 enough teams / players ... 10 v 10 ... plus limit use of certain Tanks 7 v 7 and you see 5 Type 5s or 7 B Chats ....  But the gap between EU and RU is getting slightly smaller ... but NA and APAC .... still worlds apart .. I did like Top Tiers effort thou ... and YaTo    :honoring:

CardinalMite #32 Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:21 AM

First lieutenant

• 26514 battles

Honestly I find the competitive modes so divorced from random battle modes in play style that I don’t really find them all that interesting to watch. 

Now if if they had WGL competitions where the tanks that had to be used by each team were set by a judging panel: 

- was 15 vs 15 

- had a 2 Tier spread,

- included all tank class types

- and only a limited load out of premium ammo

That would be an interesting competition that would at least superficially relate to the overall player base. 

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Sir_Direkin #33 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:18 PM

Captain

• 9295 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 12 January 2018 - 06:21 AM, said:

Honestly I find the competitive modes so divorced from random battle modes in play style that I don’t really find them all that interesting to watch. 

Now if if they had WGL competitions where the tanks that had to be used by each team were set by a judging panel: 

- was 15 vs 15 

- had a 2 Tier spread,

- included all tank class types

- and only a limited load out of premium ammo

That would be an interesting competition that would at least superficially relate to the overall player base. 

Must have 2 arty in WGL matches, and at least 4 TDs. Now that'll be funny. But yes, having competitions that reflect random battles would be far more interesting to watch.

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #34 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Destroyer of WoT

• 20034 battles

View PostSir_Direkin, on 12 January 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Must have 2 arty in WGL matches, and at least 4 TDs. Now that'll be funny. But yes, having competitions that reflect random battles would be far more interesting to watch.

Closer to dota style. Ive quit dota for some time, game to hard, theres no casual in dota imo. But still watch its pro game comp till now, the 'wow!!' moments keep me coming to it.

DON'T LIKE MY TANKING?

DIAL

010-GO[EDIT]YURSELF

TERMS AND CONDITION APPLY. 8HRS A DAY,  5 DAYS PER WEEK. MAY OR MAY NOT REPLY.

CardinalMite #35 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:14 PM

First lieutenant

• 26514 battles
Then it would have to be a rule that the first players killed on each team have to whine in chat that their teams are full of noobs and that the match was utterly doomed at the start by the top tier heavy red line sniping alongside the only scout. Bonus points for the team that comes up with the most entertaining in chat vitriol. 

Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #36 Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:57 AM

Captain

• 25429 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostCardinalMite, on 12 January 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

Then it would have to be a rule that the first players killed on each team have to whine in chat that their teams are full of noobs and that the match was utterly doomed at the start by the top tier heavy red line sniping alongside the only scout. Bonus points for the team that comes up with the most entertaining in chat vitriol. 

This is oldschool hellcat meta though

Pubbie: "a three marked tiger 2, what the?"

Me: "meh, im  just grinding this tank. theres marks on the gun barrel? "

Spoiler

The_Salty_Brit_ #37 Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:45 AM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

Wot_Blog_Update:

It's a funny old game.. 

Recently I have been concentrating on three tanks, for differing reasons, but a collective one too. 

the M4a1 , the Bat Chat 12t and the Valentine AT. 

The M4A1 because of the crew, I want to swap them into the Bat Chat 25t AP, I have enough silver but the inordinate amount of XP required to unlock it, which I hadn't really checked beforehand, has left me somewhat bewildered. I mean, what is the justification for the 198K XP tag? Plus another 61K for the top gun, which is a tier 8 gun on a tier 9 tank..  

Admittedly I hadn't really checked too much beforehand, but after having a look, now I am split between the Bat Chat and the AMX 13 90, obviously WG must have a reason, but I don't see, unlike the British tanks, a great deal of interchangeability, which would warrant the high XP cost. It just seems like way too much for a tier 9 tank, especially since it branches of towards three different tanks, that is almost 600K XP just to elite the Bat Chat 12t..  what are they thinking? 

The 12t because I need the XP and in game tank experience, and it is also useful towards the T55A LT missions, however, I am not a LT player, and I struggle trying to find the balance between passive and active spotting / shoot and scooting..  it is a very difficult tank to play, and my feeling is that you probably need enough battles in order to unlock the three succeeding tanks, before you really know how to play it well. 

The Valentine AT simply to grind crew skills (I had the old Medium 1 tank crew) ready to export them into the 'Conway' rather than have them sitting around in the barracks. Although, to be honest, I would prefer to place them in a better TD, if possible, unfortunately the Achilles has a 5 man crew and I can't recruit another old timer, or at least I don't know how. I think they are from the WW1 event we had, and only their portraits are different, but I like that, and I really wish that we could chose between the different styles , so that the crews up to say  tier 6 , could actually look like the crews that might have been in those tanks, just a little bit of nostalgia. 

as to the battles, it is a little strange, currently I have a 67% win rate after 89 battles in my M4A1, but a really low XTe of only 29 (better than 46%) but a decent WN8 of 1478,  so my teams are helping me win more battles than I am helping them, realistically, although I am trying of course, and I find the M4A1 easy to play (due to my Firefly experience) with the high alpha really having a good impact if you can play as a 2nd line sniper/support, the only downside is the 11s re-load, which during an end-game situation when they are rushing/ pushing to win is a real problem. If it was around 8s this tank would be very much OP..   the defender/IS6 have similar reload/Alpha stats, at least they have some armor though.. 

So, the Bat Chat 12t is at 53% after 51 Battles, again tier 8, so I guess that I am being more useful in the M4a1, however the XTe rating is better than 63%, it would seem the main problem is the low average damage / assist / spotting, as I said, it is a difficult playstyle to master. 

Two tier 8 tanks, with vastly different playstyles and results, even though they are both at tier 8. It would perhaps seem that in one I have better MM or at least better teams, or I just do more in order to secure a win. 

The Valentine plays as it should, I might actually try a few battles with he derp gun for laughs and giggles, the crew are at around 95% and I wanted to move them once they reach 100% (skill). It is sometimes heart-wrenching to be destroying the lower tier players, but such is the game, and I don't play that many games in it since I finished the FV215b 183 mission.

With the upcoming -relocation % sale, it is high time to grind out the XP needed for the Bat Chat 25 AP so I can move the crew cheaply, and I will possibly move the Valentine crew too, I have also noticed that I have a 5 man Medium II crew which I could move into the Achilles , since I like playing that tank now and again. 

I would like to try to 3 mark the Crusader, Firefly and Achilles, simply because I feel that it could be possible, the current MM makes it too difficult for me to advance the Caernarvon, and I have given up trying to 2 mark the Centurion 1. I have lost my faith in the WZ line, and even after reading some forum posts about the 5A, I play aggressively and have a 20% win rate after 10 battles.. my WZ 1-4 went from 64.7% to 57.3% Moe which blew the wind out from those sails, and the Crusader SP is such a dumb SPG to drive (it is backwards again) that I really dislike playing it. 

I only wanted to try to regain the Tokens used to get the Stug IV and T28 Concept, doesn't seem like I will manage it, maybe I can free XP to the FV207 at some point.. 

at lot to do but little time to do it.. 

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 

Spoiler

Sir_Direkin #38 Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:20 PM

Captain

• 9295 battles
Well, I think I've found the ultimate saddo. 21.7k games in a Wolverine...

Proloser_The_Atomistic #39 Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

Pls buff Arty!11

• 25525 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE
nice meme

mttspiii #40 Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:57 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 28613 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

Val AT seems an odd choice for grinding a Conway crew; low-tiers means less XP/battle.

You don't have an FV183 by chance?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users