The WOT_Blog 2018

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

The_Salty_Brit_ #41 Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:51 AM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 20 January 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

Val AT seems an odd choice for grinding a Conway crew; low-tiers means less XP/battle.

You don't have an FV183 by chance?

Ah.. tbh I didn't think about that.. although I think the Fv 183 has a larger crew..  but I have the loader from the Badger.. so yeah,-- 

anyway, I dropped the Valentine AT after 2 games with the Howitzer, and RNG being RNG it just wasn't cricket..  

So I moved the crew to the FV4004 Conway.. and OMG, the gun itself should be on par with the Conqueror, the 120mm stock one, but you can't equip a Vertical Stab. So anyway, I thought I would give it a go, but my oh my, that gun, the dispersion and actual accuracy is terrible, seriously so bad that I had to check it wasn't manufactured in China, on paper, it has a fast reload and decent Alpha, but you just can't snapshot, and the amount of bounces and misses is sad, just sad, for a British tank.. 

I managed to sneak up on a 50% Bat Chat behind a building and the shot missed from 10 yards..   luckily he had just clipped out and I git a second shot at him, but I have absolutely no confidence in the gun  at all..  

The FV 183 I find difficult to play, because of the gun position, if you are not used to it, finding a good place to shoot from without over exposing yourself is the main problem the frontal armor is so weak.. 

Otherwise after some good sessions, I am back to a miserable day again, how else would it be, after all, I can't continue to win at over 60% WG just wouldn't like that.. 

The Bat Chat 12t is proving to be a non starter, I should be running around trying to gain XP to upgrade to the 25 AP, but honestly, I dislike the tank and the playstyle, perhaps I just need more battles, or more skill, probably both, but I don't seem to be able to get the hang of it. 

Тank            Wins AvgD  AvgC

M4A1 Rev.  4/5  1 592      1 673 WN8: 2 033
FV215b 183  0/1  2 798    2 798 WN8: 1 990
B-C 12 t  2/8        845        1 374 WN8: 1 018
Conway  2/5      1 210       1 373 WN8:   771
Valentine AT  1/2  179       180   WN8:   462

the Rev has been holding strong but the 12t and Conway have seriously let me down, or I just don't know how to play then effective enough.. 

anyway, only a couple more days for the 48% so I shall try my best, my present feeling is one of not really wanting to play WoT at all.. 

Edited by Sir_British, 21 January 2018 - 01:53 AM.

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 

Spoiler

The_Salty_Brit_ #42 Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

Quick_Update: 

well rather a question, I know that there hasn't (or at least I haven't read it yet) any official announcement about how they new Russian tanks will be exchanged, my thoughts concern the T-10 -> Obj. 257 swap/ change. 

I have the T-10 unlocked but I sold it, so I presume that if I buy it back, I should receive the Obj. 257 (hopefully) , my question concerns the crew.. 

I have an IS-4 which I never play, but with a great crew, so with the discounts available my feeling is that I should move the crew from the IS-4 to the T-10 (after purchasing it) ready for a move to the Obj. 257 when it arrives. 

I am not really interested in the other tanks, but would this be a good idea? 

Ok I have just found it: 

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/update-922-preview-ussr-tree-revision/#heavy

so, yup, moving the IS-4 crew AND buying the tank would be the best option for me.. 

Edited by Sir_British, 21 January 2018 - 02:16 PM.

Spoiler

mttspiii #43 Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29008 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

Well, Conway has an extra loader that Val AT can't train; AT 15A or FV183 are both much quicker crew trainers than it.

You're right though, FV183 is ridiculously derpy. The armor is ineffective, its terrain resistance was doubled when WG introduced the 4005, and for what should be a simple no-skill HE-everything tank it sure can't hit its shots reliably.

It's got the same problems as the entire Conway line: can't snapshot at all. Even the Chally or the Chariot has great trouble brawling because of that; I'd swear the Japanese derp HT's have better effective snapshot accuracy than the British designs.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #44 Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

Destroyer of WoT

• 20409 battles
If you cant get comfy with BC12T, then you probably will dislike 25AP. Ive more confident running 12T compared to 25AP nowdays. Batchat is a totally different beast. Finish stock grind for 12T and 25AP for about 45-48% on both, but almost 70% in bat.

PEOPLE DIE IF THEY ARE KILLED

Sir_Direkin #45 Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:07 PM

Captain

• 9738 battles

Christ... 2 games was all it took to go full tilt today.

2 games in the KV-85. The first in Malinovka, top tier Tiger (P) and an O-I decide to camp base and snipe. Sure, why not, we all know the O-I is the best tank to snipe in...

Second game, Serene Coast. North spawn. We worked our way down to the edge of the enemy base, I'm at the very south where there's a fork in the mountain with an ally IS nearby. He's holding one corridor (or so I thought), I'm holding one corridor. I'm brawling a tier VIII HT in my tier VI, IS is brawling a tier VI HT in his tier VII. My expectation is that my team mate will have my back covered. Tier VIII in front decides to push, takes damage from me, crests a ridge and shoots me, I reload in time to track him in a very compromising position (gun pointing up and can't move, oh dear). Next thing I know I get shot in the back. Enemy tier VI had just breezed straight past the ally tier VII unchallenged in that narrow corridor. Mind blown. Mind [edited] blown. Ally had just one simple task, and a super easy target in comparison. Asking myself how shit does someone have to be for that to happen. Turns out the guy's a 42%er. Rage quit. Reactivate XVM.

So, how's your day?

Oh, and it's finally happened. I've finally come to absolutely despise arty players. Yes, I know my score card below may make you think "what?", but yes, I absolutely detest them. It's not about what they do (target focus, etc), but about what they don't do, and that is to choose their targets carefully and prioritise them. Considering it is by far the easiest class to play as there's very little else it has to do other than click now and then, and they have such a huge advantage with that satellite view, it makes me wonder how do people still manage to be shit in them. It's like they don't see how selecting certain targets can actually help a flank push, or help prevent a flank from collapsing because of certain key enemies, or help by taking out enemy arty who has been spotted and is out in the open. Most of the time the high priority target should be obvious, but what are they doing? One hand on the mouse, one hand who knows where, drool on the chin, clicking the first red dot they see. Basically just farming damage without the slightest thought of strategy. That seems to be the vast majority anyway, on the rare occasion you get friendly arty who actually know what they're doing.

Edit:

Oh, and the amount of times I've seen them shooting into stupid positions. Enemy spotted out in the field? Nah, just waste time waiting for an enemy in town to move into a clear firing line... and miss because RNG and tall buildings. Genius!!

Edited by Sir_Direkin, 21 January 2018 - 10:13 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M24 Chaffee, T-50, T1 Heavy

The_Salty_Brit_ #46 Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

Wot-Blog-Update:

slowly I am starting to really think that this game runs purely on RNG, because you couldn't design a more messed up frustrating rage inducing game if you tried.. 

Seriously, this is the second time I have been at around 64% and I lose the next five battles without taking more then 3 shots, two of which bounce and I am back down to 59%

I just don't understand why when you full aim and have at least 3 seconds after fully aiming in that the shot drops to the ground..  it just doesn't make any sense, or at least it doesn't inspire any confidence in the game or the gun.. 

It happens all-too-often.  A FV4005 had a MAGIC moment today, Winterberg, city center, holding a corner with a Super Conq. There was a tiny little bit of my front left hand drive wheel showing, and he hit it for 1400HP.. 

A OHO on Siegfried line hits me (he was unspotted) from 300m for 843..  can you understand how many times I have tried to hit a target at 300m and missed completely, but a Derp gun HE shell, laser accurate.. 

if you take a step back, and think about it rationally, this game is so complex yet so stupidly simple, it is genius..  

and there is no wonder they are billionaires.. 

Spoiler

SaltyBob_ #47 Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:37 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 42929 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
Sir Direkin .. yes arty players seem to farm damage and not think about where they would be best served ... :sceptic:

The_Salty_Brit_ #48 Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

View PostEnglishBob, on 23 January 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

Sir Direkin .. yes arty players seem to farm damage and not think about where they would be best served ... :sceptic:

Well, today I found something out which I of course knew but just never really thought about. 

SPG's can be useful..  

Yup, although basically I don't like the stun mechanic because it has a massive (much more than taking an enemy hit) effect on the tank , slowing down movement and reload times , aim and dispersion etc, disproportionate to the risk and skill involved.. 

However, one of our Clan is an avid SPG player and we ran a three-man toon with two tanks and a SPG. The difference is that we could 'call' SPG strikes at particular targets, instead of hoping that the SPGs on our team were good at their roles. 

In one instance on Cliff, along the 9 line, a T34 and Conqueror were trying to push South, and I in my Conqueror with an T26E4 held them off, the Conqueror had the better position being able to hide behind a rock and be  partially hull down, fortunately the T34 pushed too hard and paid the price, so, knowing our SPG toon mate was just about to focus the Conqueror, I pushed into him, 2 seconds later he was stunned and tracked, and it gave me the advantage I needed to cross the open ground and also use the rock for cover, needless to say, he lost the fight and we won the battle..

We played several battles like that, and  it was really a huge help and advantage to be able to call the SPG onto a target, instead of hoping they would do the right thing. I , for one, am looking forward to toning with the said player again, it was actually rewarding and , if you may call it that, fun, to play with a special over-head helper.. 

Have I gone mad ?? :ohmy:

Edited by Sir_British, 23 January 2018 - 11:11 PM.

Sir_Direkin #49 Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:25 AM

Captain

• 9738 battles
Hey well, if you ever decide to play tier VII, you can toon with me if I play arty. I'm curious to see if tooning can turn the fortunes of my "lose tank", being the Lorr 155 50, which for some reason has had no end of bad teams. What makes them so bad? Every one has been the case of 1) no spotting, 2) total camp fest and no pushing, 3) tanks yoloing one by one, or a combination of the above. Granted my 29 loss streak on that was during events when all the 'speshuls' come out to play. Kinda stuck on SPG-15.2 otherwise.

The_Goblin_King #50 Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:51 AM

Corporal

• 50174 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

View PostSir_Direkin, on 19 January 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

Well, I think I've found the ultimate saddo. 21.7k games in a Wolverine...

View PostSir_Direkin, on 19 January 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

Well, I think I've found the ultimate saddo. 21.7k games in a Wolverine...

Wolverine is hardly a OP tank. It would be a different story If he had played that many games in the T-67.

SaltyBob_ #51 Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:27 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 42929 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
What comms program do you run Sir Direkin ?   TS-3, Vent, blah blah blah blah so many now  :ohmy:

Sir_Direkin #52 Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

Captain

• 9738 battles
I use Discord, but I also have TS-3 installed (though I've never actually used it).

The_Salty_Brit_ #53 Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:49 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

Wot_Blog-Update: 

well, due to the current Bonds mission, I have probably been over-playing, I almost forgot on the first day and logged off with 12,737 XP but thankfully I remembered before I had turned my computer off, and re-logged in to complete the mission..  (Tuesday, since Monday was only a half day session, and I hadn't really checked the mission tab.. missed out on Mondays.)

Wednesday was a great day, and it leads me onto one of those problems with WoT, the constant ups-and-downs of winning or losing. I guess it seems easy for those with Teal or above stats, maybe they are just more consistent with their thoughts, how to play WoT. I find myself sometimes being drawn into a situation which in hindsight I shouldn't have placed myself in. 

Recently I have been doing pretty well with my M4A1, but I still haven't managed to 1st mark it, I have been close, 64,4% close but then for some dumb reason I get placed in a Tier X battles with a load of blues on their team and fail to make the damage I need, with its 11.05s re-load, it is difficult to deal damage when faced with multiple enemies, especially Obj. 140s or 907s, I was even out-dpm-ed by a T-44.. a few low roles and it is game over for me..  

But, unfortunately I tried to achieve that elusive 1st MoE and it bit me in the butt, I will obviously try again, but alike the Wz 111 1-4 , I also had at 64+% and dropped the ball, my enthusiasm to play the tank has diminished, the expectation and disappointment are to high , emotionally, and the RNG causes too much stress at times, I almost got a Mastery badge on my Badger, but my last 3 shots into the side of a JP.z 100 bounced.. seriously, I was firing Premium ammo too, and they bounced.. which meant that I stayed at 4,9k damage, 4 kills and 2k assist.. 1st class, I am sure with the extra 4-800 damage it could have been an M. I think it was 1.5k + base XP.. 

anyway, I will continue to collect bonds and see how the session goes, my SPG clannie wasn't online or was playing tier 7s yesterday, maybe we can run some toons today. 

here are the results..   from 80% down to 46.4%    makes you wonder.. 

[img]https://i.imgur.com/a7slLei.jpg[/img]  [img]https://i.imgur.com/EQfhNse.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/tSq1STv.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/MQVKsru.jpg[/img]

I normally stop playing a tank after 5 losses, so I failed myself, and I only played the Badger because it gave me more Base XP , well that was my theory, I should have stuck with the Caernarvon I guess..  

This game.. it just frustrates too much and too often really..   

Edited by Sir_British, 26 January 2018 - 12:52 PM.

Spoiler

Ezz #54 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62457 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
So over 60%, you did well.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

The_Salty_Brit_ #55 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

Quick-Update: 

in fact, let me see what results I can achieve today: 

Centurion 1 -> Centurion 7/1 -> Caernarvon -> Conqueror -> S. Conqueror -> Charioteer -> Conway -> Badger.  

Followed by the M4A1 

I will try to play each tank until I have completed the x3..  I will post the results later.. 

Centurion 1:  Fjords: Won, 8 shots 5 hits 4 pens,  typical non-plus game,  not enough damage output, ended up having to face 5 enemy tanks,  not a good start.

Centurion7/1 : Defeat:  absolutely terrible, South spawn swap, tried to cover the East , over-run by a TVP/ Bat chat and AMX auto loader group, 1 shot fired, missed..  lol. 

Caernarvon: Pilsen Defeat: 7-15 wipe out, 2,2k damage, team fell apart.. 3k WN8 on a loss..  (14-12-8  seems to be a pattern.. 50% pens )

Conqueror: Cliff: Won. 1,6k only.. Pushed the 9 line, got held up by a BT 25T top of the hill, 3 kills, (9-6-5.. again around 50% ) 

S.Conq. : Ensk: South Spawn, Defeat: I just don't know where to go in the S.conq on this map from this side, G3 sidescrape seems to be the only option, weak hull.. (7-7-5 probably due to the close nature of the battle).

Charioteer: Paris Victory. Pushed straight down the Aline to A5, spotted their campers, rest of the team followed 15-2 win.  (6-6-5 , took time to aim, hw it should be)

Conway: Highway: Defeat: I really dislike this tank, the gun handling is so poor, too big, I blame my crap crew haha (5-5-3.. the trend continues)

Badger: Artic Region (disconnected) re-connected at 10-11, immediately pushed forward, destroyed 3, for 500 damage, taken out by SPGs, cos they are balanced.. (4-3-3 face hugging close)

Results: 

[img]https://i.imgur.com/gdiy0qa.jpg[/img]  [img]https://i.imgur.com/O14xXgR.jpg[/img]

All in all pretty crap, I will have to improve the results..  maybe post the end session later..    

Edited by Sir_British, 26 January 2018 - 03:02 PM.

Spoiler

The_Salty_Brit_ #56 Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

Wot-Blog session Update. 

Well, good news, I finally managed to 1 mark my M4A1, after I sorted out why I was doing so badly in it, basically I was being too aggressive at the start of the battle, and it doesn't really bounce shots too well. 

Otherwise, I had bad games in the Badger / Centurion AX and Super Conqueror, I didn't manage the x3 on my Centurion 7/1 (I gave up after three terrible battles, same with the Conway) it is just too terrible to play..  I don't have the 64k XP for the Derp gun, and the aim time on the 120mm is way too long .. can't snipe in it (cos it's a TD with no snapshot ability non Russian... ) and I can't close quarter brawl either cos weak armor..  

It has been one of those dumb sessions, it would seem that I fair better in tier 8s that 9s or 10s, although I would consider 9s the best tier due to the 3/5/7 MM..  I used to Crew % (so soon again?) to re-skill some of my crews to more adequate ones (changed Cammo for repairs or visa versa,) dropped the Medium II crew into the Achilles for fun later, and bought some cammo, although not currently on discount.. 

Thankfully I have finished the Bond Missions for today, so now I can do something else.. WoT is becoming tedious because of RNG, campy draws and boring maps. 

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Jyp4iAg.jpg[/img]  [img]https://i.imgur.com/JKBNZQk.jpg[/img]

All in all not a bad session, the Hit rates and Penetrations % are always a source of amusement, cos this game is so totally RNG..  

I'm going to watch the Blue Planet , oh and 'Happy Australia Day' to those of you who celebrate it!

Spoiler

Sir_Direkin #57 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

Captain

• 9738 battles

Good news here too! Finally managed to one mark my AMX 12t on the 60th game. That's the fastest I've ever gained 1 mark on a tank. It ought to have been on the 55th or 56th game, but had a bunch of maps where LTs aren't really that suitable.

I've given up trying to ace the Luchs for now; lots of stat padders like it, and the new LT crew I'm training up is a bit too new to compete with that, so they're now on the Leopard which I'm going to try and 2 mark. And wow! The requirements for the Leopard must have dropped. I went from 74% MoE to 79% MoE in just one game. Granted the last time I played it was when I was only really learning how to play LTs properly.

Had a couple bad teams when playing the M5A1, could've had a good win on the second game, but camping team mates who do nothing all game, eh? That probably would've been an ace tanker game if the noob at the back could work out what the left mouse button does. Still, only need one more game in that until it's elited. And can you believe it? I actually had a win in the Lorr 155 50! That puts an end to the 29 loss streak. Also, huge kudos to the KV-2 who carried that game hard. And finally, is that M5 Stuart someone's idea of a practical joke? 12 gold rounds into the side of a KV-1, all hit, but only 2 pens. It's like the only thing that tank is good for is shooting arty and lightly armoured TDs (even shooting LTs is a bit iffy). It's so incredibly underpowered compared to the Chinese version.

Oh, and what's the deal with the T-50? I notice that I've played quite a few games in that, but have 0% MoE. I don't even remember playing that to be honest, but it used to be a tier IV?

Don't think I have the time left for the bond missions. Doesn't matter though; I don't have anything to spend them on.

SaltyBob_ #58 Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:09 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 42929 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
What Bonds mission ?   :ohmy:

Sir_Direkin #59 Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:29 AM

Captain

• 9738 battles

View PostEnglishBob, on 28 January 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

What Bonds mission ?   :ohmy:

This one: https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/update-922-bonds-grand-hunt/

Which probably explains the huge influx of mouth breathers today, but they have to be playing tier VI+ for that. With the way a lot of people were playing earlier they won't be getting any anyway. Getting into the top 10 by exp with these teams is as easy as firing once. Hell, right now that'll probably put you into top 5 for both exp and damage.

The_Salty_Brit_ #60 Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

Wot_Blog_Update:

Today I am going to go through a few subjects relating to WoT..  

RNG:  Omg...  Sometimes I feel that certain tanks have a bad time with RNG, well not RNG itself, more over Dispersion, it would by my feelings, that more often than not that the first shots are low, especially the Centurion 7/1..  It is a constant source of frustration and anger..  I know that other tanks have accuracy problems too, but I play mainly British tanks, so my in game experiences are slightly 'biased', however, it just amazes me how often a fully aimed shot just mysteriously drops into the ground.. 

Maybe it would be a good time to 'review' the system before WoT 1.0..  dispersion values are nonsense, just a stat to try to make certain tanks seem better or worse.. 

Badger,  oh Badger..   again, my experience is that I end up in more Tier X battles than 3/5/7 , tin-foolery would suggest that the Badger has a different MM weighting, whereas it sees more tier X battles than tier 8s..  but I only have the few games I play with the Super Conqueror or WZ, does anybody have a different feeling ? 

Although admittedly I am not the best player, but I hope that I have at least a decent tactical awareness, and I am constantly 'distressed' with the amount of players that seem to play completely in their own world, understandably players have their own playstyles and we all have those 'terrible' battles, however, sometimes I just wish they would understand the possibilities better, even some blue players, have lost a possible win due to unfathomable actions, leaving the Cap Circle, not entering the cap circle (they are 20m away.. huh?) or trying to deal extra damage when hiding on cap would be the better option.  

You get where I am going with that.. 

As for SPG..  after RNG , SPGs are probably the worst cause of frustration in WoT, and I have a solution: 

SPGs should have a choice between two shells, one for stuns, one for damage, so that they can play either way, BUT not have it both ways, at the moment they can do both, and that is unfair, yeah if you shoot HE / HESH you can cause damage and Module / Crew damage, the difference is that when you are in firing a shell in a tank you also take some risk, most SPGs don't.

The stun duration is also a real problem, if you are in a game with two or more SPGs,  I mean, come on, there is no way to play the Maps available and stay SPG SAFE all the time, there are times when you have to push or try to find an advantageous spot, you can be stunned far too much and the stun causes extra problems..   It is simply out of proportion to the effort required, and it makes the game a lot more frustrating than it actually needs to be. 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing WoT , and for the most time it is enjoyable, but there are certain things that could or should be improved for the enjoyment of ALL players. 

I haven't finished my session for today, I have finished the Bond missions and a couple of other HT missions, and it wasn't a bad session so far..  

Maybe, I am still considering it, I might open a thread about the occurrence of low shots , first shots, using the British tanks that I have, that hit the floor or drop low..   

Spoiler

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users