Camo mechanics help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Underhook #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

First lieutenant

• 28116 battles
  • [TOG1R] TOG1R

Hi There,

I notice than some bushes or trees don't provide any camo.

Can anybody tell me if there is a way of determining which bushes provide camo (preferably without being destroyed whilst 15 mtrs behind them)?

Underhook

Tank reviews  https://www.youtube.com/user/Reginaldesq

DarkerForce #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

Private

• 31113 battles
  • [10MM] 10MM

View PostUnderhook, on 12 January 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

Hi There,

Can anybody tell me if there is a way of determining which bushes provide camo (preferably without being destroyed whilst 15 mtrs behind them)?

• ​If you are more than 15m from a bush that is between you and your target, you can fire without losing the bush's camo value.
  • If you are more than 15m from a bush that is between you and your target, you will likely need to rely on other tanks to spot your target.

• To abuse the bush mechanic, Start 20m behind the bush. In sniper view pull forward slowly until the bush becomes transparent. Spot your target. Back up until the bush turns opaque. You will still see the red outline of the tank. Fire at the tank. Congratulations. Your enemy has been shot by an invisible tank. You will lose the target 5 to 10 seconds after the bush turned opaque. Pull forward until it becomes transparent to re-acquire the target.
  • 100%. Semi-Transparent objects like Bushes, trees (up or felled) 0% (dead trees w/ no leaves, bamboo trees) to 51% (Big dense fluffy bush)
    hopefully this helps, yours regards~DarkerForce

Edited by DarkerForce, 12 January 2018 - 06:56 PM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

Is the order a blue mountain?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65532 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

I will just remember those and not use them for camo when I'm near them

Like the one in malinovka when you go west waterroad and when you reach the north side to spot sniper position... Has never provided any camo at all

I'm a simple person - If you don't dare to upload your replays, I assume you downloaded your skill

User_000125661 #4 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:42 AM

Staff sergeant

• 20207 battles

View PostDarkerForce, on 12 January 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

• ​If you are more than 15m from a bush that is between you and your target, you can fire without losing the bush's camo value.
  • If you are more than 15m from a bush that is between you and your target, you will likely need to rely on other tanks to spot your target.

• To abuse the bush mechanic, Start 20m behind the bush. In sniper view pull forward slowly until the bush becomes transparent. Spot your target. Back up until the bush turns opaque. You will still see the red outline of the tank. Fire at the tank. Congratulations. Your enemy has been shot by an invisible tank. You will lose the target 5 to 10 seconds after the bush turned opaque. Pull forward until it becomes transparent to re-acquire the target.
  • 100%. Semi-Transparent objects like Bushes, trees (up or felled) 0% (dead trees w/ no leaves, bamboo trees) to 51% (Big dense fluffy bush)
    hopefully this helps, yours regards~DarkerForce

Its not this simple since there are usually more than 1 tank on the enemy team.  Just because you 2 bush or fire through opaque bushes does not mean you are invisible to everyone.  Other tanks may be able to see your shot.  Also note that not all bushes offer this ability.  Dense bushes do, sparse bushes don't.

azmania3000 #5 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

Captain

• 40384 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostUnderhook, on 12 January 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

Hi There,

Nope; have to suck the goolies in and take your chances.

Particularly deflating for the ego when you think you have a bush......and it just isn't a bush for some reason......and some god-awful TD smacks you in the face right before the arty round comes in......yeah.......it ain't a bush dude :angry:

And then there's circumstances where "certain" people will shoot bushes without even seeing other tanks; because they remember where the good bushes are :teethhappy:

Underhook #6 Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:52 PM

First lieutenant

• 28116 battles
  • [TOG1R] TOG1R
Thanks for the answers.  

Underhook

Tank reviews  https://www.youtube.com/user/Reginaldesq

kookookichoo #7 Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:10 AM

the ginchiest

• 17192 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-

here’s a list of camo values for various bushes per map that might be what you’re looking for: 

http://www.wotinfo.net/en/noobcorner?article=vegetation_camo

unfortunately i couldn’t find any images etc that identify the bush types, so it's tricky figuring out which bush it is that you’re hiding in/behind...

Edited by kookookichoo, 21 January 2018 - 10:13 AM.

Angus775n #8 Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

Sergeant

• 49950 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View Postazmania3000, on 13 January 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

Nope; have to suck the goolies in and take your chances.

Particularly deflating for the ego when you think you have a bush......and it just isn't a bush for some reason......and some god-awful TD smacks you in the face right before the arty round comes in......yeah.......it ain't a bush dude :angry:

And then there's circumstances where "certain" people will shoot bushes without even seeing other tanks; because they remember where the good bushes are :teethhappy:

And if you knock a tree over "making" a bush don't be surprised if you get melted. It is the sort of thing people look for if there is not a lot of action at the time.

TankGirl_123 #9 Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:04 PM

Corporal

• 698 battles
Also if enemy max out their spotting capabilities that will eat away at your camo efforts ....at least that’s what I understand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users