Clan War Reward Tank Bonds Issue

Bonds

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

LightDropChan #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

Private

• 11165 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Put so much effort in clan wars but not enough bonds to get it.

I need to grind at minimum 100 bonds per day which is near impossible for me.

halp pls

U12D13 #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:27 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 32199 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Not to mention that the claim by date is 1 Feb and no word of any "bond reward" activities. Makes one wonder if Gambit was even thought out properly...

Bond shortage? Visit [Redacted]

Spoiler

Edited by Centurion_IRL, 13 January 2018 - 07:06 AM.
Not even as a joke

[Image removed until clan logo is assessed by GM] ~neokai

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

Ezz #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:29 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 58802 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Get what? Are you saying you didn't receive your reward bonds?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

ForbiddenSabre #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• 38495 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostLightDropChan, on 12 January 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

Put so much effort in clan wars but not enough bonds to get it.

I need to grind at minimum 100 bonds per day which is near impossible for me.

halp pls

Maybe reading the conditions of the campaign before participating in it would've saved you alot of trouble? Participating in it despite reading and knowing that the conditions for the campaign being [edited]lies on you instead of wargaming...

Your usual bad@tonks pubbeh player/teammate

LightDropChan #5 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:28 AM

Private

• 11165 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

I got bonds just not enough because I never touched the ranked gamemode and my clan didn't placed too high in clan wars.

Also someone said somewhere that there was going to be a bond event after the clan wars.

U12D13 #6 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:57 AM

Captain

• 32199 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostEzz, on 12 January 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

Get what? Are you saying you didn't receive your reward bonds?

He is saying there isn't enough bonds for him to get the reward tank. For those that did ranked season and/or has a moderate stockpile of bonds (which I did) - it isnt that much of an issue. But those that are on/off gamers that come only for CW (and mainly for its reward tanks, duh) suddenly have to get 4000 bonds in addition to the licence. 

View PostForbiddenSabre, on 12 January 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

Maybe reading the conditions of the campaign before participating in it would've saved you alot of trouble? Participating in it despite reading and knowing that the conditions for the campaign being [edited]lies on you instead of wargaming...

Yes the conditions were clearly stated but the model of Gambit was built around other more populated servers whereby the percentage % system works well and bond distribution/payouts are not that drastic. The way it was handled for Asia server (having a smaller pop to begin with and thus drastic difference in payouts for clans/players across the board) and subsequently revised (by which a simple extension of the claim-by date) was poorly handled in my opinion. And as you know the holidays are over for most and time required to farm bonds is scarce- thus the problem at hand. And its not like the conditions were listed a long time before the campaign so as to allow players to stockpile bonds either. Don't believe yet? Take the average payout of bonds for the top 1400 players, and you can practically do a flat 1.5x multiplier across the board (as only the top clans get the large multipliers and most clans are 1x - 2x anyway) Then take 4000-(avg ~2000)=2000 bonds to farm in 2 months-ish, which is do-able, so long as you don't have to work or got extended time to spare to WoT all day long, but

Spoiler

Good luck to those that are still bond grinding for the tank - i'd really like to see any stats released on the % of people that actually managed to claim tanks. It'd be an interesting statistic.

[Image removed until clan logo is assessed by GM] ~neokai

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

aurora97 #7 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:13 AM

Major

• 30483 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostU12D13, on 13 January 2018 - 12:57 AM, said:

He is saying there isn't enough bonds for him to get the reward tank. For those that did ranked season and/or has a moderate stockpile of bonds (which I did) - it isnt that much of an issue. But those that are on/off gamers that come only for CW (and mainly for its reward tanks, duh) suddenly have to get 4000 bonds in addition to the licence. 

Yes the conditions were clearly stated but the model of Gambit was built around other more populated servers whereby the percentage % system works well and bond distribution/payouts are not that drastic. The way it was handled for Asia server (having a smaller pop to begin with and thus drastic difference in payouts for clans/players across the board) and subsequently revised (by which a simple extension of the claim-by date) was poorly handled in my opinion. And as you know the holidays are over for most and time required to farm bonds is scarce- thus the problem at hand. And its not like the conditions were listed a long time before the campaign so as to allow players to stockpile bonds either. Don't believe yet? Take the average payout of bonds for the top 1400 players, and you can practically do a flat 1.5x multiplier across the board (as only the top clans get the large multipliers and most clans are 1x - 2x anyway) Then take 4000-(avg ~2000)=2000 bonds to farm in 2 months-ish, which is do-able, so long as you don't have to work or got extended time to spare to WoT all day long, but

Spoiler

Good luck to those that are still bond grinding for the tank - i'd really like to see any stats released on the % of people that actually managed to claim tanks. It'd be an interesting statistic.

To add to your second point, typically terms and conditions are brought to users attention up-front and prior notice is given.

An example, some players/ clans do practice account sharing or usage of VPN (though some have legit reasons but others not so).

The terms and conditions under the Terms of Services states:

Block Quote

Account Sharing

5.6 You must keep all information relating to your Account confidential. At no time should you disclose your account ID or password, secret question or answer to anyone. This includes your friends, relatives, parents, children, spouses, co-workers, clan members and clan leader.

The terms and conditions under EULA states:

Block Quote

2.17 Creating or using multiple accounts for the purpose of exploiting game mechanics and/or gaining an unfair advantage; for the purpose of evading sanctions; or for the purpose of repetitive or excessive rule violations.

Despite affirmatively ticking, accepting and possibly representing they have read the terms and conditions, there are players/clans who blatantly ignore the terms and conditions then plead ignorance after being caught because [insert illiterate reason/excuses].

Those people out there should stop portraying themselves as holier than thou (asking people to read terms and conditions, lulwut?) and start looking at the mirror themselves.

The second point, some chronology will help everyone better understand, whether there was sufficient time or notice to collect the bonds.

27/10/2017: Mobious first announced that the game will be tier 8. After receiving feedback from "everyone" and JP players, suddenly it becomes tier 10, albeit with smaller team size (this turned out to be 7v7 which was very unusual compared with past campaigns) - http://forum.worldof...-event-updated/

Spoiler

3/11/2017 - first notice pertaining to Operation Gambit published - https://worldoftanks...eration-gambit/ (note: there are hints to redeem reward tanks, bonds are required but the value is unknown)

16/11/2017 - 13 days after the first notice was published, the second notice was released - https://worldoftanks...-now-available/ , basically informing players to read:

(a) the Regulations (first mentioned that Reward tanks can be redeemed for 4,000 bonds, see item 10.1.2); and

(b) announcement article.

Block Quote

10.1.2. A special exchange rate of bonds for vehicles (М60, VK72.01 K, Object 907, Т96Е6 and 121B) for Operation Gambit only is 4,000 bonds.

15/12/2017 - 30 days later, third notice appears informing players that the operations have begun - https://worldoftanks...mbit-has-begun/

15/12/2017 - on the same day, "as an afterthought", WG announced that the vehicle exchange priod extended to 1 Feb 2018 after "feedback from players". - https://worldoftanks...eriod-extended/

So why have I made so much "effort" to publish the chronology of events?

(a) the Campaign only happens once a year. It's probably one of the most anticipated events because players get a shot at winning the reward tanks.

(b) the past few years rule changes to such campaigns did not involve drastic changes.

© this time around WG decided to "test" certain complex rules, change the format and mechanisms for the most anticipated event of the year.

(d) Also, "bonds" suddenly became the "new" currency" to redeem the reward tanks. From the time the first announcement was made, there wasn't any opportunity for players to grind for sufficient bonds because ranked battles were no longer available. Whatever bonds you had, you probably were stuck with it.

Not sure what is going through WG's mind. Being plagued by inconsistencies, timeliness of information, changes and to "test" new things in such a key event appears to me (at least), players enjoyment/interest of the game is a distant priority i.e. as seen in the chronology of events. 

The irony is, WG actually listened to players to change the initial tier form 8 to 10  (without basis or stats) but when it came to the issue of bonds for reward tank... It seems it has fallen on deaf ears, please have a look how many clans were involved in these there are easily 1,000 or more players petitioning in support (http://forum.worldof...on-in-clanwars/).

Lastly, remember this survey? http://forum.worldof...k-reward-limit/

makes you lulwut?

Edited by aurora97, 13 January 2018 - 02:31 AM.

DefendingTheFatherland #8 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• 13664 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Hmm, whilst I did not place high enough to get the ability to claim a tank (Was about 100 places off) I can understand the frustration.

Changing the tank reward system so that less players are actually able to claim their well-earned reward as a means to try and push WG's new-ish gold spam simulator, also known as Ranked Battles, is a pretty petty move on their behalf.

I understand that if I am able to participate enough in the next season to hold my position in the top 1400 rather than drop out of it in the last few days like this season, I will be able to get a tank as I have around 3000 bonds and am always earning more, usually around 20-50 a day if I am playing tier 10 rather than grinding. However, this does not change the fact that a lot of people were robbed of their tanks, I feel that at the very least WG should have it so that the receipt for a reward tank does not expire, so that once you finally earn the bonds you can get it. That or just have them expire a few days after the next Ranked Battles season ends so people can have one last proper attempt to get said bonds.

[Image removed until clan logo is assessed by GM]

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-75, Tiger II, Indien Panzer, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

2 M.O.E Tanks: Panzer VII, Leopard 1,  Mäuschen, VK 45.02 B, WZ-111 1-4, E-50, Leopard PT A, VK 100.01 P, VK 45.02 A, 110, Schwarzpanzer 58, STA-1, Rheinmetall-Borsig Waffenträger, Tiger (P), VK 45.03, Panther, Chi-Ri, T-34-1, Steyr Waffenträger, Tiger 131, VK 36.01 H, VK 30.01 P, VK 30.01 D, VK 30.02 M, Chi-To, Type 58, Jagdpanzer IV, VK 28.01, Panzer IV H, Panzer III/IV.

ForbiddenSabre #9 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• 38495 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View Postaurora97, on 12 January 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

To add to your second point, typically terms and conditions are brought to users attention up-front and prior notice is given.

An example, some players/ clans do practice account sharing or usage of VPN (though some have legit reasons but others not so).

The terms and conditions under the Terms of Services states:

The terms and conditions under EULA states:

Despite affirmatively ticking, accepting and possibly representing they have read the terms and conditions, there are players/clans who blatantly ignore the terms and conditions then plead ignorance after being caught because [insert illiterate reason/excuses].

Those people out there should stop portraying themselves as holier than thou (asking people to read terms and conditions, lulwut?) and start looking at the mirror themselves.

The second point, some chronology will help everyone better understand, whether there was sufficient time or notice to collect the bonds.

27/10/2017: Mobious first announced that the game will be tier 8. After receiving feedback from "everyone" and JP players, suddenly it becomes tier 10, albeit with smaller team size (this turned out to be 7v7 which was very unusual compared with past campaigns) - http://forum.worldof...-event-updated/

Spoiler

3/11/2017 - first notice pertaining to Operation Gambit published - https://worldoftanks...eration-gambit/ (note: there are hints to redeem reward tanks, bonds are required but the value is unknown)

16/11/2017 - 13 days after the first notice was published, the second notice was released - https://worldoftanks...-now-available/ , basically informing players to read:

(a) the Regulations (first mentioned that Reward tanks can be redeemed for 4,000 bonds, see item 10.1.2); and

(b) announcement article.

15/12/2017 - 30 days later, third notice appears informing players that the operations have begun - https://worldoftanks...mbit-has-begun/

15/12/2017 - on the same day, "as an afterthought", WG announced that the vehicle exchange priod extended to 1 Feb 2018 after "feedback from players". - https://worldoftanks...eriod-extended/

So why have I made so much "effort" to publish the chronology of events?

(a) the Campaign only happens once a year. It's probably one of the most anticipated events because players get a shot at winning the reward tanks.

(b) the past few years rule changes to such campaigns did not involve drastic changes.

© this time around WG decided to "test" certain complex rules, change the format and mechanisms for the most anticipated event of the year.

(d) Also, "bonds" suddenly became the "new" currency" to redeem the reward tanks. From the time the first announcement was made, there wasn't any opportunity for players to grind for sufficient bonds because ranked battles were no longer available. Whatever bonds you had, you probably were stuck with it.

Not sure what is going through WG's mind. Being plagued by inconsistencies, timeliness of information, changes and to "test" new things in such a key event appears to me (at least), players enjoyment/interest of the game is a distant priority i.e. as seen in the chronology of events. 

The irony is, WG actually listened to players to change the initial tier form 8 to 10  (without basis or stats) but when it came to the issue of bonds for reward tank... It seems it has fallen on deaf ears, please have a look how many clans were involved in these there are easily 1,000 or more players petitioning in support (http://forum.worldof...on-in-clanwars/).

Lastly, remember this survey? http://forum.worldof...k-reward-limit/

makes you lulwut?

Ok first, if this was such an issue, why wasn’t it brought up before the campaign started and instead the bitching/moaning only starts happening halfway through the campaign. 

Next, sure wargaming’s way of handling shit was poor but we the players also have a responsibility to read whatever they published and then make an informed decision on what we are going to do and not participate first and let wargaming cover up and compensate us later.

lastly, I did not take part in the tournament which involved the usage of VPNs despite my age in clan because of irl commitments so I don’t think you should put the same blame on me as well( infact I was not aware of the tournament at all). Despite me not condoning or acknowledging what RB has done and maintaining a neutral stance, I think it’s time both CALM, PYRO and other shitter clans to actually grow up and not bring up the same issue a billion times. Like seriously saying the same shit over and over again is like asking wargaming to nerf arty( ie beating a dead horse) and really adds no value to the discussion but just showing how childish you are. 

Your usual bad@tonks pubbeh player/teammate

DefendingTheFatherland #10 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• 13664 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostForbiddenSabre, on 13 January 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

Ok first, if this was such an issue, why wasn’t it brought up before the campaign started and instead the bitching/moaning only starts happening halfway through the campaign. 

Next, sure wargaming’s way of handling shit was poor but we the players also have a responsibility to read whatever they published and then make an informed decision on what we are going to do and not participate first and let wargaming cover up and compensate us later.

lastly, I did not take part in the tournament which involved the usage of VPNs despite my age in clan because of irl commitments so I don’t think you should put the same blame on me as well( infact I was not aware of the tournament at all). Despite me not condoning or acknowledging what RB has done and maintaining a neutral stance, I think it’s time both CALM, PYRO and other shitter clans to actually grow up and not bring up the same issue a billion times. Like seriously saying the same shit over and over again is like asking wargaming to nerf arty( ie beating a dead horse) and really adds no value to the discussion but just showing how childish you are. 

Wow, who would have guessed that issues are brought to attention after they have taken effect and people have actually had time to properly understand if it is an issue or not. I can guarantee that if people brought it up before the campaign started we would have just gotten the same deal as when tanks are buffed/nerfed ie; "We have not seen the implemented change in action yet, so it is hard to judge if it is a good idea or not, so we will let it run its course and adjust accordingly afterwards." 

Not entirely sure how we in CALM are bringing it up over and over? Yes Aurora brought it up here, that is literally the only time I've seen it brought up by one of us. 

Sure I have participated in the threads, quite a lot actually, but guess what? I was not the person to bring it up, so get off your high horse my dude. I doubt that the blame is being put on you, rather that the irony is there because a LIFE member is lecturing about reading the rules. There is also the irony of you calling PYRO a shitter clan, sure you did better than us but that is to be expected due to your requirements vs ours, but calling PYRO shitters is laughable they can both keep their members and consistently place in the top 3. If you call them such, what would that make LIFE? You literally lost over 30 members due to them not wanting to be associated with you anymore.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. There is no denying that the new tank reward system is questionable to say the least, the bonds required should either be reduced or the period for redemption to be extended to the end of the following Ranked Battles season like I stated before.

The problem with things like this being brought up is that the people who are at the top of the chain never see the issue as it does not affect them, it is no different to when people bring up that a tank is underpowered and then some unicum pops in and says that it is fine because they do well with it. You, being in LIFE are more than likely to not have been affected by the bond problem due to you getting the higher multiplier that made you able to claim a tank, but the people that get the receipt but can't get it are the ones being cheated by WG's convoluted ideas around their reward systems and how they use them as a means to push their pay-to-win game mode. 

[Image removed until clan logo is assessed by GM]

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-75, Tiger II, Indien Panzer, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

2 M.O.E Tanks: Panzer VII, Leopard 1,  Mäuschen, VK 45.02 B, WZ-111 1-4, E-50, Leopard PT A, VK 100.01 P, VK 45.02 A, 110, Schwarzpanzer 58, STA-1, Rheinmetall-Borsig Waffenträger, Tiger (P), VK 45.03, Panther, Chi-Ri, T-34-1, Steyr Waffenträger, Tiger 131, VK 36.01 H, VK 30.01 P, VK 30.01 D, VK 30.02 M, Chi-To, Type 58, Jagdpanzer IV, VK 28.01, Panzer IV H, Panzer III/IV.

wasaabi #11 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20178 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

FWIW the cost of the reward tanks in Bonds is equivalent to the cost of Improved Equipment - e.g. Experimental Optics is 4,000, Wear-Resistant Gun Laying Drive is 5,000.

Bonds were being used in the campaign (I presume) to promote Ranked Battles as an ongoing skill-based competition, so probably should not be a surprise that Bonds were going to be part of the system.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Ezz #12 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:33 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 58802 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postwasaabi, on 13 January 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

FWIW the cost of the reward tanks in Bonds is equivalent to the cost of Improved Equipment - e.g. Experimental Optics is 4,000, Wear-Resistant Gun Laying Drive is 5,000.

Bonds were being used in the campaign (I presume) to promote Ranked Battles as an ongoing skill-based competition, so probably should not be a surprise that Bonds were going to be part of the system.

^^^

Firstly, bonds as a currency was set out in advance so as above, people shouldn't be Bing&Ming about it now. It is what it is. WG won't change it nor should they. If they did they'd be penalising those that actually read the rules.

Second, if WG did intend bonds to be the new currency, why on earth was this not promoted for previous RB seasons?

It all smacks of poor planning and a haphazard approach to CW and end content.

Moving forward if they made such plans open to everyone in advance i'm sure they'd see far a greater engagement. Even better imagine if they made a bond mode that wasn't also such an obvious credit sink.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

wasaabi #13 Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:16 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20178 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostEzz, on 13 January 2018 - 10:33 PM, said:

^^^

Firstly, bonds as a currency was set out in advance so as above, people shouldn't be Bing&Ming about it now. It is what it is. WG won't change it nor should they. If they did they'd be penalising those that actually read the rules.

Second, if WG did intend bonds to be the new currency, why on earth was this not promoted for previous RB seasons?

It all smacks of poor planning and a haphazard approach to CW and end content.

Moving forward if they made such plans open to everyone in advance i'm sure they'd see far a greater engagement. Even better imagine if they made a bond mode that wasn't also such an obvious credit sink.

I doubt that bonds were/are intended to be the new currency, if that was the case they would be on sale in the Premium Shop.  They are the rewards for Ranked Battles so they are the inducement to play Ranked and WG put reasons for consuming them as the Improved Equipment and Directives, and therefore I expect them to be involved in Campaigns and maybe even tournaments.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Ezz #14 Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:27 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 58802 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
So wg might actually create a separate currency for the competitive crowd??? For mine the issue was they should have announced prior to season 2 of rb that bonds would be used for reward tanks. Second of course they need a meaningful way to earn bonds based on competency where the credit drain isn't so deliberate and hence limiting to the paying crowd. 

wasaabi #15 Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:41 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 20178 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostEzz, on 13 January 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

So wg might actually create a separate currency for the competitive crowd??? For mine the issue was they should have announced prior to season 2 of rb that bonds would be used for reward tanks. Second of course they need a meaningful way to earn bonds based on competency where the credit drain isn't so deliberate and hence limiting to the paying crowd. 

I think the jury is still out on bonds. I agree it should have featured more significantly in the campaign information as it seems to have been treated as an assumption that a) players would expect it and b) be all participants in Ranked and have a supply of bonds already.

Ranked itself is still in early days, the next test coming up will show if the cost of participation is worth it, they have taken notice that the format of the previous test was too short, but nothing has been said yet about the economy.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

BetterThanjEbUs #16 Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

Sergeant

• 17718 battles
  • [T-REK] T-REK

View Postwasaabi, on 13 January 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Ranked itself is still in early days, the next test coming up will show if the cost of participation is worth it, they have taken notice that the format of the previous test was too short, but nothing has been said yet about the economy.

Early days?  Its a mode that's been out for 6 months, it only seems like early days due to WG glacial progress at releasing & improving content.  Ranked has been a thing since June, yet there's only been 2 seasons to my knowledge - so I think its fair enough for folks to gripe about the lack of opportunities to earn more bonds.  Bearing in mind that the "feature" of the big Christmas release this year was pink and purple tanks, and a few other tweaks.   But don't worry, we've got HD versions of already existing & boring maps coming, and before that, more tweaks to existing tank lines!!  Such content, much gameplay.

AKASHA178 #17 Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

Smurfette

• 32511 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
the next rank battle is will be the official one, and become more harder to farm(not beta anymore) and rank battle will be after HD maps 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

Also tagged with Bonds

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users