I am not gonna play on the ANZ server no matter what.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

NameWasStolenStresslevel #1 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:56 AM

First lieutenant

• 33971 battles

The bug is simple, my client's server status says that singapore server is "available but heavy load" and my ping during game is about 100ms with a stable green dot, then it should be totally playable without lag, and i check how many players are on the server and only 8,000 players dont seem to be heavy load at all to me, YET I cant play the game because of a horrible lag that makes my shot come out of the barrel 2 seconds delay and sometimes the tank wont move forward until i have hit my W key about 3 times...

Then  i check the ANZ server, 1600 players... It seems to me i am being forced to play in the ANZ server because of the low pop in there, so instead of being asked politely whether or not i would like to move to ANZ server misteryous forces are TRYING to force me to move to ANZ server by making my game experience laggy on the singapore server...

They asked for a server themselves, now just play the game!!! Sorry but if i cant play in the singapore server for "mysterious lag reasons" i will just log in and not play at all, just sit in the garage and go do something else. 

My paranoid tin foil hat theory is based on the fact that whenever i log into the game, i am automatically transfered to ANZ server, even though my ping is 60ms better in the singapoure server... I didnt ask for an ANZ server, please refer the post where i had suggested that i wanted an ANZ server. Thank you...

PS. i have tried restarting my PC, restarting my connection, and the only thing that made my lag stop was moving to ANZ server. I am not gonna play there. 

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 13 January 2018 - 01:04 AM.

Forum Guy: "All that Marks of Excelence does is to encourage Damage farming over winning".

Me: "YES sir, MOE does encourage dmg farm over winning, just like winning does encourages: YOLO, Camping far back, gold spamming,"world of capping" mindset, OP premium tier 8's purchases, chat rage, platooning to farm win ratio, toxicity, seal clubbing, arty spam etc..... So i guess winning is much more toxic and bad behavior than dmg farming???"  Wait a minute, wow no one has ever thought about that this way??? Then I must be a genius                                                                                                                                                            https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Zynth #2 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:21 AM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 22951 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Those "mysterious forces" are either cable eating sharks or Indonesiam Pirates stealing bits of the cable for copper.

If you don't play on the Aussie server, I think nobody could care less.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

NameWasStolenStresslevel #3 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:35 AM

First lieutenant

• 33971 battles

View PostZynth, on 13 January 2018 - 03:21 AM, said:

Those "mysterious forces" are either cable eating sharks or Indonesiam Pirates stealing bits of the cable for copper.

If you don't play on the Aussie server, I think nobody could care less.

cool then. i am happy to know i wont be missed in the aussie server, i almost believed that i would create an economic tsunami across australia for not wanting to play on the aussie server.

i dont play on the aussie server because why would i want 60ms extra ping? some people are fine not me. Also explain to me if the people are stealing cables or sharks eating it, why is my connection already okay again(playable no lag) only 1 hour after it went "laggy"?? How many cables are there between singapore and japan? if there is only one cable there is no way it could get "fixed" in only 1 hour...

Forum Guy: "All that Marks of Excelence does is to encourage Damage farming over winning".

Me: "YES sir, MOE does encourage dmg farm over winning, just like winning does encourages: YOLO, Camping far back, gold spamming,"world of capping" mindset, OP premium tier 8's purchases, chat rage, platooning to farm win ratio, toxicity, seal clubbing, arty spam etc..... So i guess winning is much more toxic and bad behavior than dmg farming???"  Wait a minute, wow no one has ever thought about that this way??? Then I must be a genius                                                                                                                                                            https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

NameWasStolenStresslevel #4 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:41 AM

First lieutenant

• 33971 battles
never mind a second thought of how can it get "fixed in one hour" and i realized there must have some kind of grid that connect all cables, and the when one cable gets eaten by sharks, the ISP just pick an alternative route to make the connection possible again. But the problem is fixed so i am happy and lets move on

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 13 January 2018 - 02:42 AM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #5 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:43 AM

First lieutenant

• 33971 battles

View PostLittleTimmy, on 13 January 2018 - 03:35 AM, said:

when i set the server selection to Auto 10/10 times i was sent to ANZ. er...

i use auto login mod, so it automatically pick the server auto-selection mode and throw me in the aussie server too...

Zynth #6 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:46 AM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 22951 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Maybe the sharks think the cable looks like a giant Pocky stick. 

I don't really get the need to make such a fuss regarding  choices in servers. If one server is giving me issues, I just swap or stop playing for a couple.

Edited by Zynth, 13 January 2018 - 02:47 AM.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

NameWasStolenStresslevel #7 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:32 AM

First lieutenant

• 33971 battles

View PostZynth, on 13 January 2018 - 03:46 AM, said:

Maybe the sharks think the cable looks like a giant Pocky stick. 

I don't really get the need to make such a fuss regarding  choices in servers. If one server is giving me issues, I just swap or stop playing for a couple.

but stop playing for a couple didnt fix it for me, i didnt know how long it would last the lag, thats why the post.

U12D13 #8 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 33295 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

I play on both servers time to time.

SG server for good ping, and

AUS server for easy mode (just need a small lead compensation for the 200-300ms ping)

Its not that hard.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

BrutusTheCat #9 Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:01 PM

Private

• 28457 battles
I love the stable low ping on the ANZ server, it makes the game so much less frustrating.  However level of general skill on the server must be the worst on any server.  I have never seen so much stupid so often.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users