new maps pls kylie

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

mttspiii #1 Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:03 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 27288 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

Ayt, remember the game mode where you played only specific tier X'es, and you respawned and picked up floating repair orbs (just like an IRL tank battle I guess)?

They had 1 or 2 maps for that, one of which is Ghost Town...and that map actually has 2 modes, both of which are actually still in the client for (the old version of) Team Battles. You can still access it in Team Training.

Seeing that we're rather in a glut of new maps since WG gutted Hidden Village, Pearl River, Province, Port, Northwest, Komarin, South Coast, and Severogorsk (not even mentioning Dragon Ridge yet), can we at least have Ghost Town activated for pubs for the meantime until WG finishes up their new HD-ified maps?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

FramFramson #2 Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:09 AM

Major

• 30580 battles

I've been thinking the same thing every time I see it in the team training list.

It would be nice.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

DeadArashi #3 Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:24 AM

Captain

• 12054 battles
  • [FRAP] FRAP

WoT Asia Portal

We stand by the promise of boosting game diversity with new maps, fixing imbalances on removed arenas and addressing top community concerns about maps that are being redesigned in HD.

The key line to take from that is the the whole "fixing imbalances on removed arenas" thing. With Province being supertested with a larger size and heavily redesigned it's a fair assumption to think other maps that have been removed could make a return as well 

Darksider267 #4 Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:02 AM

Sergeant

• 10808 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Ghost town is too small. It was a map specifically designed for competitive play; lots of corridors and cover for rotations, small for fast paced games/easily applicable pressure and the obvious part about having 2 defending bases. I'm aware that there is a standard battle mode for it, but can you imagine how much of a cesspool it would be? When a city map that small with that many routes enters random battles, it wouldn't be a fun experience or good for gameplay... Ensk is already bad enough, we don't need Ensk 2.0 but worse. 

NA Transferree

3 marks: Object 140, IS-7, T110E5, T-10, M103, T26E4, T32, T29, Type 64

Wodka_Warrior #5 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:01 PM

Sergeant

• 16277 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostDarksider267, on 14 January 2018 - 12:02 AM, said:

Ghost town is too small. It was a map specifically designed for competitive play; lots of corridors and cover for rotations, small for fast paced games/easily applicable pressure and the obvious part about having 2 defending bases. I'm aware that there is a standard battle mode for it, but can you imagine how much of a cesspool it would be? When a city map that small with that many routes enters random battles, it wouldn't be a fun experience or good for gameplay... Ensk is already bad enough, we don't need Ensk 2.0 but worse. 

Good point but what we need is variety...more maps can only be a good thing atm.

Plenty of maps but they are getting stale.

As I've said many times before bring back the old ones NOW dagnabbit! 

mttspiii #6 Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:39 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 27288 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostDeadArashi, on 14 January 2018 - 03:24 AM, said:

The key line to take from that is the the whole "fixing imbalances on removed arenas" thing. With Province being supertested with a larger size and heavily redesigned it's a fair assumption to think other maps that have been removed could make a return as well 

HD-ification and Map Rebalance will take time. Ghost Town is available now; it's sensible to use Ghost Town as an "extra map" while WG Map Department trundles along merrily its own pace in map HD-ification.

View PostDarksider267, on 14 January 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

It certainly doesn't fit WG's map doctrine of "To every class, a purpose", but then that's why the older maps were more interesting and were retained better than the new ones: older maps don't box in specific roles to specific spots, they were just...as is. No corridors, no balconies, no firing lines for TD's, no pre-designated chokepoints for arty...

Ghost Town isn't such a map either. It's highly unpredictable simply because it's so porous and so devoid of "LT/MT/HT go here" mindsets that it will actually be fresh. It's not a predictable map with understandable 'map control' spots; scrubs might like it more though.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users