badger's little buff

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

EXterminateX #1 Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:33 PM

Sergeant

• 3933 battles
  • [NG-NL] NG-NL

4 years ago i started to play united kingdom tank destroyer (Churchill GC) because i want to get the FV215b (183). november/15/2017 i have returned to play wot and they have changed fv215b (183) to fv217 badger at first sight i thought it is strong. but when im playing my conqueror i can easily pen his lower hull with AP and upper Hull with apcr effortlessly and then i don't want to continue playing my churchill GC to research that fv217 badger. im kind of disappointed of this new tank. (i checked the tank stats) (T110E3 compared to fv217 badger)

-i think it needs buffing or return the old fv215b (183)

-sorry im kinda new to the forums so i dont know how to resize images.

Edited by EXterminateX, 14 January 2018 - 12:35 PM.

JordyBro #2 Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 23996 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostEXterminateX, on 14 January 2018 - 04:33 AM, said:

-i think it needs buffing or return the old fv215b (183)

-sorry im kinda new to the forums

I suggest you avoid the forum for a while :)

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 70790 battles

Notice how many people had that in the first week and then they disappeared? The meta has spoken.

And WG happy with all the freeXP people have converted.

Hype_ #4 Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

I mean, it could be worse

• 8293 battles
  • [CHE] CHE
The tank is a great tank, you just need to know how to play it correctly.

I suggest dropping the Churchill GC and just going up the AT line.

It's literally the worst tank in the game.

Why would you put yourself through that?

DeadArashi #5 Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:36 PM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 12615 battles

Tortois > Badger

100% ever time

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #6 Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 14 January 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

Notice how many people had that in the first week and then they disappeared? The meta has spoken.

And WG happy with all the freeXP people have converted.

That was bit sad actually, they were easier target to handle by low tier med compared to both fv td by average player.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

EXterminateX #7 Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:30 PM

Sergeant

• 3933 battles
  • [NG-NL] NG-NL

it is not even hard. i can easily kill that Badger by shooting it with apcr 6 times on any part of his hull. im expecting a rebalance.

all badger i fought are scrap metal. they are not even a challenge.

im gonna continue though.expecting a rebalance

if it is still not good then i will stay at tortoise and i wont move to tier X.

Proloser_The_Atomistic #8 Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26659 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
I think you're missing the point of the badger though. It's a DPM focused TD, the E3 has worse DPM but better hull, IIRC.

My Replay Thread | YouTube | Want Your Replay Reviewed?

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

EXterminateX #9 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

Sergeant

• 3933 battles
  • [NG-NL] NG-NL

(Please kindly read it all)

what is the use of DPM i dont think the enemy will just stand and watch you hit him. most of enemy are side scraping or hulldown which you cannot penetrate. while artillery strikes and apcr,heat is raining in your face.

yah in bullet exchange and hide=this tank is in disadvantage=

and alpha dmg is better because only one hit is good and enough while dpm type is not good because your enemy wont watch you hit him free.

example of good alpha dmg dealer FV215b 183 just one hit your dead its enough. while T110E3 2 or 3 hits is enough to kill you while this badger needs 5-7 bullets to kill like hell if the enemy will just watch you hit his tank freely.

T110E3 is better because every hit it did is 2x the badger and it had a very high armor ranging from 360 to 1200 mm depends on  the spot and angle while badger got 290 to 350 depends on the angle.

it is also useless if you are reloading fast but your enemy T110E4 hits you with 750 dmg and you dealt 480 dmg to him then it hides you cant attack him because he got his team protecting him while loading. and every time he peeps and hits you are at a disadvantage as if he will show himself and he will let you hit him.

DPM is Good in 1 vs 1 battles Not on 15 vs 15 or 30 vs 30 battles which is the most battles on WOT. 1 vs 1 battles are rarely. as if there are 1 vs 1 battle on random battles.

DPM is good when your enemy Maus is lagging and he will stand there doing nothing for 1 minute and you will have your 3.5K average DMG per minute.

in short DPM is not that good.

CelestiaLudenberg #10 Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:39 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 19271 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostProloser, on 15 January 2018 - 01:14 AM, said:

I think you're missing the point of the badger though. It's a DPM focused TD, the E3 has worse DPM but better hull, IIRC.

Quite a bit of this.

The Badger and T110E3 fill different roles. The T110E3 is a close-support tank destroyer that goes in with the heavies and blasts people for 750 damage then can soak up some damage if the lower plate can be hidden, which isn't actually that hard to do on most maps due to there always being mounds/undulations.

The Badger on the other hand is a second or third line support DPM machine, you sit back and support from ~100-250m behind your heavies and ruin people with your OP DPM, you track someone in the open then let both yourself and your heavies unload on them, rinse and repeat. But when top tier you can also go all in and be in the front lines, believe it or not you can soak up a lot of damage due to RNG throwing a lot of shells into the joinery of the plates where you can't penetrate. That and people will often back off when they see a Badger as they know that they can not take it out in a 1v1 without overextending to get the sides.

Remember, just because a vehicle is a certain class or has certain characteristic on the surface, does not mean you have to play it that way. 

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

Proloser_The_Atomistic #11 Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:06 AM

No hOpE left.

• 26659 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostEXterminateX, on 14 January 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

(Please kindly read it all)

what is the use of DPM i dont think the enemy will just stand and watch you hit him. most of enemy are side scraping or hulldown which you cannot penetrate. while artillery strikes and apcr,heat is raining in your face.

yah in bullet exchange and hide=this tank is in disadvantage=

and alpha dmg is better because only one hit is good and enough while dpm type is not good because your enemy wont watch you hit him free.

example of good alpha dmg dealer FV215b 183 just one hit your dead its enough. while T110E3 2 or 3 hits is enough to kill you while this badger needs 5-7 bullets to kill like hell if the enemy will just watch you hit his tank freely.

T110E3 is better because every hit it did is 2x the badger and it had a very high armor ranging from 360 to 1200 mm depends on  the spot and angle while badger got 290 to 350 depends on the angle.

it is also useless if you are reloading fast but your enemy T110E4 hits you with 750 dmg and you dealt 480 dmg to him then it hides you cant attack him because he got his team protecting him while loading. and every time he peeps and hits you are at a disadvantage as if he will show himself and he will let you hit him.

DPM is Good in 1 vs 1 battles Not on 15 vs 15 or 30 vs 30 battles which is the most battles on WOT. 1 vs 1 battles are rarely. as if there are 1 vs 1 battle on random battles.

DPM is good when your enemy Maus is lagging and he will stand there doing nothing for 1 minute and you will have your 3.5K average DMG per minute.

in short DPM is not that good.

So basically you want to make a tank that is designed for a 2nd line DPM support role viable for every other playstyle? If the badger plays anything like I'm guessing, you need to act as 2nd line support, go hull down on ridges when possible, etc. 

I think if you want a tank with E3 playstyle you should play the E3... and save the badger for platooning or something as a support tank.

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

Puggsley #12 Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

Captain

• 63163 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Depends on the situation.

Last night played a rare game in the Badger on Serene coast. All tier X with no arty.

Pushed hard to C1 and played hull down against T62a, Object 260, WZ115A, Maus Object 268.

Had good support from my team and ended up with 4.2k damage (mainly Maus, Object 260 and WZ), and 4.1k bounced before our meds flanked and the battle front moved too fast for me to keep up. The fast aim time is a boon for close range shooting and the fast reload means you can push up to the firing position very frequently. That helps your allies by making it hard for the enemy to push up to the ridge.

I've hardly played it so my view might be highly skewed. I also rarely sit at back of map and snipe, preferring to be a close support role for most support tanks.

I don't have any real issue with the armour. Your diagram only shows an 11% chance of pen anyway? That is pretty good odds on not penning. When the great gun depression is used, effective armour thickness increases on the bulbs to 360mm and well over 400 for the sloped. I'd like to see you kill it easily in your Conq with 6 shots, actually in any tank. 

Get spotted with 3 arty though.......

EXterminateX #13 Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

Sergeant

• 3933 battles
  • [NG-NL] NG-NL
Well i can scrap badger easily using my tier 9 conqueror showing only turret peeking hitting him on any part with apcr he wont even last a minute how could be that strong getting beat by a tier 9?

Ezz #14 Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65440 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
P2W wouldn't be p2w if it didn't offer an advantage. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

EXterminateX #15 Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

Sergeant

• 3933 battles
  • [NG-NL] NG-NL

This tank is made to push lanes not to camp or a support role that help tracks and hit from afar wargaming has mentioned that it is a UK tank that can push lanes not to camp and support dude. and this tank in hulldown is useless if your enemy is like me i will make Apcr and heat rain unto this tank and this tank wont be able to block it penetrates the armor all the time.

This tank is OP when it hulled down it is as hard as rock. LOL that is wrong though

You might just got lucky that there are no enemy that is using premium shells when you play so that when you hulled down they cant pen.

This tank game style is hulldown just like T110E3 the only difference is that this tank is paper and t110e3 is a real hulldown tank.

Last time i played with my friend. His tank is E100 we were pushing lanes and then suddenly we saw a hulldown badger he hides in a slope only his head is showing and the badger is hulled down what happens is my friend uses premium shells to obliterate his armor and same for me i also use premium bullets the others did not resulting to a armor block. the badger didnt even last long in his hulled down position. All his other teamates cant even pen my turret or my friend's turret but they destroy a few of our allies. In the end victory is ours. It is a good thing that there are no artilleries.

How to kill badger= you need to know which is the best spot on his hull to hit so your bullet wont bounce. Well that is a common information thanks to https://tanks.gg

MagicalFlyingFox #16 Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 30897 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The tank when hull down and at some sort of range is hard to dig out. The tank in close range and/or pushing is easy because just dab that 2 key and smack him in flat bits or smack the LFP. 

What WG says and what its actually for are completely different. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

EXterminateX #17 Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:37 PM

Sergeant

• 3933 battles
  • [NG-NL] NG-NL

WG is [Content removed] then. RIP united kingdom tanks

Insults to WG and its Staff.  Content removed, user sanctioned.

~Wasaabi

EXterminateX #18 Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:05 PM

Sergeant

• 3933 battles
  • [NG-NL] NG-NL

@Puggsley you are playing WOT right? Wot random battles is 15 vs 15 and 30 vs 30 dont expect that my conqueror is alone i might have TD and artillery back ups. And conqueror is slow, good turreted and mediocre hull armor as if i will go into some shallow places im not dumb lol. Then use your depression i can hit either the floor armor of your tank or your lower hull so jelly or go hulldown and turn to dust. @puggsley i know you already played 57k with your account but you only played 7 matches with your badger im not being rude but please play 100 more or try fighting a badger with any other tank and rethink.

Proloser_The_Atomistic #19 Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:31 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26659 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostEXterminateX, on 15 January 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

WG is [Content removed] then. RIP united kingdom tanks

That's nothing new. They don't even know their own game, hence all the issues with it.

Quote updated.

~Wasaabi

Puggsley #20 Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

Captain

• 63163 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostEXterminateX, on 15 January 2018 - 04:09 AM, said:

Well i can scrap badger easily using my tier 9 conqueror showing only turret peeking hitting him on any part with apcr he wont even last a minute how could be that strong getting beat by a tier 9?

Rubbish, 326 pen is not going to wreck a Badger easily at all...... Even if he is sitting level you are a tiny bit over a 50% chance to pen his weakest armour spots (not including LP). And to get access to his lower plate over a ridge is going to be showing him a lot of your tank.

The Badgers's faster aim time and more accurate gun will make mincemeat of your commanders cupola weakspot as well. Or your turret ring.

Your performance in the Conqueror also shows you have a lot of trouble penning any tank, let alone well armoured TDs.

View PostEXterminateX, on 15 January 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

@Puggsley you are playing WOT right? Wot random battles is 15 vs 15 and 30 vs 30 dont expect that my conqueror is alone i might have TD and artillery back ups. And conqueror is slow, good turreted and mediocre hull armor as if i will go into some shallow places im not dumb lol. Then use your depression i can hit either the floor armor of your tank or your lower hull so jelly or go hulldown and turn to dust. @puggsley i know you already played 57k with your account but you only played 7 matches with your badger im not being rude but please play 100 more or try fighting a badger with any other tank and rethink.

As I play nearly all high tiers I have fought a lot of badgers and yes in the open they are easy to dispatch. Hull down is another matter entirely.

And you are not boasting about killing one with other tanks and arty. You are posting that you can do it alone.

As I said, I have only a small number of games and in the right situation (which I also said) the tank had no problems bouncing tier x tanks with higher pen than a conqueror. And wrecking those tanks back. 

I am very happy to go into a training room with you and you can show me exactly how easy it is for you to pen a badger using APCR when you are peeking over a ridge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users