Jump to content


[Pre-release info] Global Map Season 7 [Updated - Jan 28th]


  • Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

MagicalFlyingFox #261 Posted Today, 12:33 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 26984 battles
  • 12,099
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

View Postspacewolf, on 20 February 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

Incoming apathy best apathy.

 

Actually any apathy best apathy but whatevs.

 

Already caught the apathy. It never really left, but the apathy has increased to dangerously high levels. About as high as a koala usually is. 

spacewolf #262 Posted Today, 12:36 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 65785 battles
  • 2,206
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012
Dangerously high apathy levels need to be monitored and managed accordingly. As you're aware, KAC has the perfect strategy to best facilitate that journey.

MagicalFlyingFox #263 Posted Today, 12:41 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 26984 battles
  • 12,099
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

View PostSLAV_KING, on 20 February 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

JT, Skell and me created YETI to play CW and SH but as you can see on Global Map we don't have many battles due to 3 reasons:

1. We have all lands and just physically can not attack landing zones.

2. We can not go north because of too late TZ for us.

3. Clans (except PYRO and LIFE) don't attack us.

 

Of course it will be a lie if I say that we don't interested in getting gold, but it's not our main goal, we are happy to fight and I'm pretty sure LIFE and PYRO know about it and attack us (or we attack them when we can). Obviously, we will not give up our gold provinces for free, only if someone can win battle and take it and we will fight back.

I'm pretty sure someone will think/say something like this -  "go attack CROWN if you don't really need gold and you pretend to be top clan". Unfortunately we just can't do it but we really really want to do it. Their TZ is too late for us, we will not be able to get 1 team when CROWN I'm pretty sure has at least 2 teams.

 

@stewiejp If you are talking about our "no shows", yes we weren't prepared for 2 simultaneous battles and tech lost province to you, but why did you pull off? Why didn't you attack us next day? Or at least defend province you've got? YOu are talking about how its embarrassing of clans to be scared and in the same time 1AR was holding landing zones next to us and didn't attack us. And when you got this 1 province you didn't fight, you just left, why?

 

I'm in PYRO for the gudfites (and because my apathy and motivation levels are both too low to leave) and have been enjoying the close games and complete stompings. I would like to have another team in tier 10 in PYRO so we can have more fights, but the past few times I've been on we haven't had the numbers for it. 

 

The reason we never fought CROWN on the global map was because of the exact same reason, those wishing for it are just deluded into thinking that we/you should because we/you have the whole map for seemingly nothing. 

 

YETI have earned their territory on the map, It is up to us and LIFE and anyone else who wants to try to be good enough to make a dent in their territory. Thinking that PYRO have 'retreated' to tier 8 is an insult to what YETI have done this season. 



U12D13 #264 Posted Today, 12:57 PM

    Captain

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 32163 battles
  • 1,623
  • [CALM] CALM
  • Member since:
    12-11-2013

View PostBetterThanjEbUs, on 20 February 2018 - 02:32 AM, said:

T-REK have had 32 battles since the start of the season, for a max of 5 provinces held & earning a bit over 300 gold / day.  I'd imagine if you look at the stats of F-S or Aussie Psychos it would tell a similar story, maybe they've won more or less but they had to do quite a few battles to get & hold the land they currently hold.  Anyway it basically works out to 6 battles / province so we really had to work to get where we have.  But compare that to the...

 

Meanwhile in CALM, sitting on (for a moment) 11 provinces at tier VIII - 

"Is anyone fighting us today?"

"Nope"

"How is that possible? We literally hold the entire timezone" 

Yeah, by that logic Tier VIII is also broken because at that time we had 22 battles only which equates to 22/11=2 battles per province. Don't worry AUS server - we are coming. Just give us a moment to paddle to ya.


     

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~


_Rune #265 Posted Today, 01:09 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 10309 battles
  • 329
  • [DPS] DPS
  • Member since:
    07-23-2014

View PostSLAV_KING, on 20 February 2018 - 04:32 AM, said:

JT, Skell and me created YETI to play CW and SH but as you can see on Global Map we don't have many battles due to 3 reasons:

1. We have all lands and just physically can not attack landing zones.

2. We can not go north because of too late TZ for us.

3. Clans (except PYRO and LIFE) don't attack us.

 

Of course it will be a lie if I say that we don't interested in getting gold, but it's not our main goal, we are happy to fight and I'm pretty sure LIFE and PYRO know about it and attack us (or we attack them when we can). Obviously, we will not give up our gold provinces for free, only if someone can win battle and take it and we will fight back.

I'm pretty sure someone will think/say something like this -  "go attack CROWN if you don't really need gold and you pretend to be top clan". Unfortunately we just can't do it but we really really want to do it. Their TZ is too late for us, we will not be able to get 1 team when CROWN I'm pretty sure has at least 2 teams.

 

@stewiejp If you are talking about our "no shows", yes we weren't prepared for 2 simultaneous battles and tech lost province to you, but why did you pull off? Why didn't you attack us next day? Or at least defend province you've got? YOu are talking about how its embarrassing of clans to be scared and in the same time 1AR was holding landing zones next to us and didn't attack us. And when you got this 1 province you didn't fight, you just left, why?

 

Slav, this is the problem most clans won't attack you due to just share skill base alone.

 

Having a crack only works for a few days possibly a week *before constant losing/tank locking and getting stomped kicks in* 

That's when people just give in and don't bother, I am not saying lose on purpose just to get fights (and that should never be expected) but as you might see all the talent is heading pretty much into 1 clan and with reduced player pop more than likely YETI will smash anyone who attacks them - again bringing us back to why people don't bother attacking you.

 

as mentioned previously when we had so many more players, much bigger diversity of players and highly skilled players spread throughout multiple clans the playing field was pretty even.

 

If Pyro decide to come to Tier 8 and start crunching on the smaller elo clans <1k you will just do the same thing and clans who end up in the position of losing ever night and just don't have the skill level to beat the better clans will just give up.

 

Good on those who give it a go and if you last more than week of consistent attacks and manage to take a province well done (unlikely)

 

CALM like YETI/CROWN are in such a huge timezone difference and if they are the top in skill base in that timezone they will dominate and im sure all the good players for tier 8 are in that clan for the golds etc = again no competition means no battles.

 

That's just the state of it all and why alot of us are not even bothering with CW anymore or leaving game.


 


SLAV_KING #266 Posted Today, 01:24 PM

    Sergeant

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 22218 battles
  • 209
  • [YETI] YETI
  • Member since:
    08-28-2015

View PostU12D13, on 20 February 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

 

"Is anyone fighting us today?"

"Nope"

"How is that possible? We literally hold the entire timezone" 

Yeah, by that logic Tier VIII is also broken because at that time we had 22 battles only which equates to 22/11=2 battles per province. Don't worry AUS server - we are coming. Just give us a moment to paddle to ya.

Lol, you are in the same situation as CROWN, your time zone is too late for many good clans, for many ANZ players its 2am+



SLAV_KING #267 Posted Today, 01:27 PM

    Sergeant

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 22218 battles
  • 209
  • [YETI] YETI
  • Member since:
    08-28-2015

View Post_Rune, on 20 February 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

CALM like YETI/CROWN are in such a huge timezone difference and if they are the top in skill base in that timezone they will dominate and im sure all the good players for tier 8 are in that clan for the golds etc = again no competition means no battles.

btw, i know that CROWN usually have 2 teams playing advances on weekends, why they can't come to fight us on global map than? Oh right, they are busy winning meaningless top1 in this season and farming gold. 



Defiance_ #268 Posted Today, 01:36 PM

    Captain

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 21355 battles
  • 1,342
  • [F-S] F-S
  • Member since:
    10-24-2013
CW needs fixing, and fast..

signature.png

 

"Hope is being able to see Light despite all the Darkness."

3 MOE Tanks(10) : IS-3, T32, Comet, VK 36.01(H), MT-25, Cromwell, M4 Sherman, KV-1, Churchill III, PZ IV H

2 MOE Tanks(21) : Obj 140, T-34-85, Panther 8.8, T-43, T37, KV-85, Excelsior, HT NO VI, StuG III G, ARL 44, T67 , T-10, VK 30.01(D), Type 64, T26E5, T-34-85M, Skoda T25, Jagdpanther II, M41 Bulldog, T25/2 (Latest), AMX 13-90


Napalmer #269 Posted Today, 01:45 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 38548 battles
  • 2,275
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

I love how some people think that we deliberately chip tier 8s to sealclub smaller clans.

Apparently it's illegal to utilise the entire global map.

 

Please take it to CR/D if you want to continue with this line of discussion, this thread has already been derailed enough...


3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, IS-3, T-54, T57 Heavy, IS-7

Signature

The smell of Napalm...


stewiejp #270 Posted Today, 01:46 PM

    Captain

  • Community Contributor
  • 38563 battles
  • 1,398
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 20 February 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

With point 2: Its more that the horse bolted long ago. CW was declining post CP2 with the increase in use of certain mods, chip spam clans and alt clans. CW2.0 was supposed to fix that (which came a little too late but with enough time to probably keep a fair chunk of the CW base). CW2.0 brought its own problems, but WG was too ignorant and stuck up about their solution to the previous problems to do anything about it. Splitting the CW community, stagnating tier 10 CW and not even keeping an eye on the health of CW for over 4 years has made the current CW structure impossible. 

I am going to repeat myself as i have already, but its far too late for WG to change anything to make it return to what it was before, the gates were broken through a good 3 years ago to save CW. 

The ladder structure has been bandied around for over a year now, and i still support it. It would be a complete shift from current CW and would remove any turn based strategy, but that just doesn't work anymore. 

 

I'd like to think it is never too late - but I feel an enormous overhaul needs to happen for CW activity to turn around. Maybe it is too late but I reckon it's work a try.

 

View PostSLAV_KING, on 20 February 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

JT, Skell and me created YETI to play CW and SH but as you can see on Global Map we don't have many battles due to 3 reasons:

1. We have all lands and just physically can not attack landing zones.

2. We can not go north because of too late TZ for us.

3. Clans (except PYRO and LIFE) don't attack us.

 

Of course it will be a lie if I say that we don't interested in getting gold, but it's not our main goal, we are happy to fight and I'm pretty sure LIFE and PYRO know about it and attack us (or we attack them when we can). Obviously, we will not give up our gold provinces for free, only if someone can win battle and take it and we will fight back.

I'm pretty sure someone will think/say something like this -  "go attack CROWN if you don't really need gold and you pretend to be top clan". Unfortunately we just can't do it but we really really want to do it. Their TZ is too late for us, we will not be able to get 1 team when CROWN I'm pretty sure has at least 2 teams.

 

@stewiejp If you are talking about our "no shows", yes we weren't prepared for 2 simultaneous battles and tech lost province to you, but why did you pull off? Why didn't you attack us next day? Or at least defend province you've got? YOu are talking about how its embarrassing of clans to be scared and in the same time 1AR was holding landing zones next to us and didn't attack us. And when you got this 1 province you didn't fight, you just left, why?

 

I only referenced the no shows to try and make a point. YETI players - good though they may be - can only fight one battle at a time. 17 out of the available 23 pieces of land in the 5 specific time zones is quite an achievement for a clan which is at 61% capacity. Embarrassing was probably not the best word but meant as a reference to the (lack of) competition as it appears - but with so many clans out there surely I am not the only one thinking the map looks odd. Again - credit to you and your clan for getting there so fast, you deserve it and it is the other clans' jobs to knock you off! I am not having a dig - just pointing out what I see when I look at the map - lots of YETI land and not many others contesting it.

If a clan which looked a lot easier to beat held that much land i would bet my last dollar there would be a lot more clans chipping the map! We are in a situation which is not unfamiliar... 

Regarding 1AR's strategies on the map it is something I have zero influence or input, I am simply observing as an interested player (not a clan rep) but from what I have seen we like to jump on and off the map in order to get battles in different time zones. If we held a piece of land as far as I know we would not be able to chip earlier or later time zones. 

 

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 20 February 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

YETI have earned their territory on the map, It is up to us and LIFE and anyone else who wants to try to be good enough to make a dent in their territory. Thinking that PYRO have 'retreated' to tier 8 is an insult to what YETI have done this season. 

 

Agree 100% YETI have kicked goals and deserve it - it's up to everyone else to have a crack back.

 

View PostU12D13, on 20 February 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

Meanwhile in CALM, sitting on (for a moment) 11 provinces at tier VIII - 

 

"Is anyone fighting us today?"

"Nope"

"How is that possible? We literally hold the entire timezone" 

Yeah, by that logic Tier VIII is also broken because at that time we had 22 battles only which equates to 22/11=2 battles per province. Don't worry AUS server - we are coming. Just give us a moment to paddle to ya.

 

Sounds a similar situation up there... 


                                                                                                                         stewiejp on youtube #getonboard

Defiance_ #271 Posted Today, 01:49 PM

    Captain

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 21355 battles
  • 1,342
  • [F-S] F-S
  • Member since:
    10-24-2013

We all here are pointing out what's wrong with the CW GM.(Not clans, The Map and the system)

 

But the real question is, Are the guys upstairs going to do anything about it? We can rant about this for months, but if they're not going to do anything about it, might as well just stop talking. Please WG, Stop looking at your HD maps (They're good, yes, but HD maps aren't gonna get you anywhere if you ignore everything else), and pay attention here.


Edited by Defiance_, Today, 01:51 PM.

signature.png

 

"Hope is being able to see Light despite all the Darkness."

3 MOE Tanks(10) : IS-3, T32, Comet, VK 36.01(H), MT-25, Cromwell, M4 Sherman, KV-1, Churchill III, PZ IV H

2 MOE Tanks(21) : Obj 140, T-34-85, Panther 8.8, T-43, T37, KV-85, Excelsior, HT NO VI, StuG III G, ARL 44, T67 , T-10, VK 30.01(D), Type 64, T26E5, T-34-85M, Skoda T25, Jagdpanther II, M41 Bulldog, T25/2 (Latest), AMX 13-90


SLAV_KING #272 Posted Today, 02:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 22218 battles
  • 209
  • [YETI] YETI
  • Member since:
    08-28-2015

View PostDefiance_, on 20 February 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

We all here are pointing out what's wrong with the CW GM.(Not clans, The Map and the system)

 

But the real question is, Are the guys upstairs going to do anything about it? We can rant about this for months, but if they're not going to do anything about it, might as well just stop talking. Please WG, Stop looking at your HD maps (They're good, yes, but HD maps aren't gonna get you anywhere if you ignore everything else), and pay attention here.

 

You need to understand that clans (clans who play CW, not just casual clans for fun and platoons) have very very small proportion of whole player base and CW isn't main priority for WG. As far as I know, Mobius is trying to take all feedback into consideration when he talks to HQ in Minsk but there is nothing else he can do.

 

Moreover, what kind of changes you are talking about? Small clans don't want to fight strong clans and of course it leads to strong clans farming gold without any problem. So how can WG help it? Disband strong clans?

Or may be you want to add more provinces with more gold so there will be enough land for everyone? Well, we will end up farming gold with just bigger number of clans, not just 1 or 2.

 

We don't have many players/clans on this server, existed small clans don't want to fight top clans because they loose battles, credits and motivation. We can't even run proper tier8 skirmishes on our server, so how do you think WG can fix it? Pay gold to players so they can play?



MagicalFlyingFox #273 Posted Today, 02:37 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 26984 battles
  • 12,099
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

View Poststewiejp, on 20 February 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

 

I'd like to think it is never too late - but I feel an enormous overhaul needs to happen for CW activity to turn around. Maybe it is too late but I reckon it's work a try.

 

Yes, the current global map does not work.

 

There are alternative suggestions, the ladder + division system being one of the more theorised suggestions.



Ezz #274 Posted Today, 02:52 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 58782 battles
  • 34,001
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostNapalmer, on 20 February 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

Please take it to CR/D if you want to continue with this line of discussion, this thread has already been derailed enough...

Was thinking the same, yet this about the most active CR/D we've had in ages. Secondly, in a way it does provide info for the WG people to think about. It's clear people still want to care at least, but they need a framework that promotes both competition and rewards their efforts.


Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


MM_is_Broken #275 Posted Today, 04:22 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8372 battles
  • 114
  • [F-S] F-S
  • Member since:
    03-10-2016

LOL same problems as i complained about months ago

Seems nothing changes so it dont matter 

There is a pretty simple fix but it would be to hard 

If the proper people could get around a table and discuss it properly it would be fixed in no time

But this is WOT so it wont happen

Move no nothing to see here and noting to fix

IF you think its broken then you should leave


[Content removed]

 

Insults; Content removed.

 

~neokai


MagicalFlyingFox #276 Posted Today, 04:33 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 26984 battles
  • 12,099
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

View PostMM_is_Broken, on 20 February 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

LOL same problems as i complained about months ago

Seems nothing changes so it dont matter 

There is a pretty simple fix but it would be to hard 

If the proper people could get around a table and discuss it properly it would be fixed in no time

But this is WOT so it wont happen

Move no nothing to see here and noting to fix

IF you think its broken then you should leave

 

its the same problem that we have complained about years ago mate

MM_is_Broken #277 Posted Today, 04:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8372 battles
  • 114
  • [F-S] F-S
  • Member since:
    03-10-2016

shame really cause this game is [edited] awsome 

 


[Content removed]

 

Insults; Content removed.

 

~neokai


_Snagglepuss #278 Posted Today, 09:43 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 2281 battles
  • 715
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012

Reduce/cull clan size (max 50 members) or WG creates another clan type (max 50 members) that can play on the global map. When it comes to campaigns any clan can play. The CW's chip system is gone so why do we have 100 member mega clans? Here’s an option but won’t happen.






4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 1 anonymous users


    U12D13