[Pre-release info] Global Map Season 7 [Updated - Jan 28th]

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

_Rune #281 Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:58 AM

Staff sergeant

• 12222 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Why not introduce a system where you get paid the gold for the battle or silver or however you want to do it.

say CLAN 1 attacks CLAN 2 on a province the province is worth 480 gold a day, CLAN 1 lose to CLAN 2 but get paid 1/3 or 1/4 of the provinces total worth for attacking the province. so 120 gold for the battle. (might encourage players to actually fight and attack other provinces and they don't lose to much as they still gain (just not as much as owning a province)

If CLAN 1 won the battle they get an immediate 480 gold for taking the province (if you already own 5 provinces then you get 0) then just regular payments of 480 gold every 24 hours after HQ dropped.

Just some options, but at the moment you have no reward system unless you take land and ransack, I am not  saying give free hand outs but if there was actually more incentive to attack provinces it would entice more battles.

tekno #282 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 20910 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD
it appears the "maximum number of provinces that can earn income"(5) rule failed.....badly. or is it not working?

SLAV_KING #283 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• 23901 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View Posttekno, on 21 February 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

it appears the "maximum number of provinces that can earn income"(5) rule failed.....badly. or is it not working?

why failed? it is working, you get gold only from top5 income provinces

DarthCavalier #284 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

Sergeant

• 7626 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-

View Posttekno, on 21 February 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

View PostSLAV_KING, on 21 February 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

why failed? it is working, you get gold only from top5 income provinces

I think some people believe it failed because they thought it was an attempt to limit clans to holding only 5 provinces.

​Why people thought that clans would limit themselves to only 5 provinces is a mystery...

Edited by DarthCavalier, 21 February 2018 - 04:39 PM.

struth #285 Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

Crikey

• 42505 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Post_Rune, on 21 February 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

Why not introduce a system where you get paid the gold for the battle or silver or however you want to do it.

say CLAN 1 attacks CLAN 2 on a province the province is worth 480 gold a day, CLAN 1 lose to CLAN 2 but get paid 1/3 or 1/4 of the provinces total worth for attacking the province. so 120 gold for the battle. (might encourage players to actually fight and attack other provinces and they don't lose to much as they still gain (just not as much as owning a province)

If CLAN 1 won the battle they get an immediate 480 gold for taking the province (if you already own 5 provinces then you get 0) then just regular payments of 480 gold every 24 hours after HQ dropped.

Just some options, but at the moment you have no reward system unless you take land and ransack, I am not  saying give free hand outs but if there was actually more incentive to attack provinces it would entice more battles.

​That is a big part of the problem, the rewards are meaningless compared to the in game currency outlay each regular CW player suffers.

Sure some of us do it just for the competitive and organised gaming, a lot who want to play CWs simply can not afford the credit losses. Tends to lean CW toward a P2W climate.

SLAV_KING #286 Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• 23901 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View Poststruth, on 21 February 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

​That is a big part of the problem, the rewards are meaningless compared to the in game currency outlay each regular CW player suffers.

Sure some of us do it just for the competitive and organised gaming, a lot who want to play CWs simply can not afford the credit losses. Tends to lean CW toward a P2W climate.

That is a lame excuse. You want to say you can't play premium tank in random before/after CW to restore the credit losses? It's not like every player plays a lot of CW battles every day, right?

Edited by SLAV_KING, 21 February 2018 - 05:54 PM.

struth #287 Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:58 PM

Crikey

• 42505 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

^^^WUT?

I am not making excuses.

We play CWs all night, some don't get a chance to grind.

SLAV_KING #288 Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

Staff sergeant

• 23901 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Lol so you want to say you come online right before CW starts and go offline right after CW ends and don't have +-1 hour to farm credits and be ready for CW?

Also, do you have only 15 players and no one can replace you so you can play a couple random battles to grind credits?

Well, don't use premium consumables, don't shoot gold and activate SH boosters then or don't play CW at all if you can't handle credit management.

struth #289 Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

Crikey

• 42505 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Wow man, I am not talking about me, you are.

I am talking about players in small clans who are expected to play tier 10 with some kind of regularity.

SLAV_KING #290 Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• 23901 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

okey replace "you" in my message with "players" or "clans" 

can you answer this questions now if you know a lot about players in small clans

Rainbow_The_Artistic #291 Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:04 PM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• 31216 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostSLAV_KING, on 21 February 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

That is a lame excuse. You want to say you can't play premium tank in random before/after CW to restore the credit losses? It's not like every player plays a lot of CW battles every day, right?

I have to grind credits during CW and off days. I don't play much outside CW

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS4, IS7, T57, Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Obj 140    

SLAV_KING #292 Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• 23901 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 21 February 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

I have to grind credits during CW and off days. I don't play much outside CW

yeah but you can afford this credit losses because you actually play CW, right?

Ezz #293 Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60876 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSLAV_KING, on 21 February 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

yeah but you can afford this credit losses because you actually play CW, right?

I'm sure for some the time and credits are worth it. Just like ranked i guess.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

struth #294 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

Crikey

• 42505 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostSLAV_KING, on 21 February 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

okey replace "you" in my message with "players" or "clans" 

can you answer this questions now if you know a lot about players in small clans

Sure.

In a small clan that wants to get into CWs all they can really do is dabble, there player base is small enough that players have to fight most battles. If they shoot all gold like most CW players do their silver losses will be large. If they fight every time zone they can then 1/2 of every hour is taken up with CWs, leaving them 30 mins per hour to grind.

If they do not possess premium tanks then they rely on whatever tanks they are grinding for credits and those tanks may not be full researched. Even if they do have premiums, unless they have the latest OP prem's then fighting tier 10 games in their spare time will not repay credits lost. There are no real rewards in gold on the map to offset these losses either.

That is what I am trying to say in more then a nutshell.

SLAV_KING #295 Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• 23901 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View Poststruth, on 21 February 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

Sure.

In a small clan that wants to get into CWs all they can really do is dabble, there player base is small enough that players have to fight most battles. If they shoot all gold like most CW players do their silver losses will be large. If they fight every time zone they can then 1/2 of every hour is taken up with CWs, leaving them 30 mins per hour to grind.

If they do not possess premium tanks then they rely on whatever tanks they are grinding for credits and those tanks may not be full researched. Even if they do have premiums, unless they have the latest OP prem's then fighting tier 10 games in their spare time will not repay credits lost. There are no real rewards in gold on the map to offset these losses either.

That is what I am trying to say in more then a nutshell.

well yeah, but global map and cw were always something top level playing and had no high rewards if you are small clan. you even needed players to chip map, not like nowadays when you can chip as many lands as you want while having only 10 players in clan. So what I am trying to say is CW and GM require to put effort in, not only skill and clan size, but also be prepared to use premium consumables and gold ammo.

_Rune #296 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

Staff sergeant

• 12222 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Still notice only 2 clans active in ANZ server on tier 10 map.

Where is 1ar? where is Pyro?

I know people have whinged and complained all over this forum about tier 10 end game content and lets bring back CW however we now have 2 clans on 15+ provinces in ANZ/early SGD timezones..

Is this the end of CW because no one cares anymore and the whole mechanic is flawed... but seeing clans drop from tier 10 to tier 8 makes me cringe as that's just causing the same problem on a different front. PYRO and 1ar are both better than that.. if ur short on credits etc go grind pubbies in gold tanks not play tier 8 CW to recoup losses when you will likely fire sprem rounds anyway and the weak 48 gold a province won't even get close to recouping your credit losses in tier 8 also.

No one can complain about competition levels now, when you have 4 clans that can all play in the ANZ time zones, YETI, Pyro, Life, 1ar - might get boring but that is all there is due to server pop... take it or leave it.

Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #297 Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

Captain

• 25428 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View Post_Rune, on 22 February 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

I know people have whinged and complained all over this forum about tier 10 end game content and lets bring back CW however we now have 2 clans on 15+ provinces in ANZ/early SGD timezones..

Is this the end of CW because no one cares anymore and the whole mechanic is flawed... but seeing clans drop from tier 10 to tier 8 makes me cringe as that's just causing the same problem on a different front. PYRO and 1ar are both better than that.. if ur short on credits etc go grind pubbies in gold tanks not play tier 8 CW to recoup losses when you will likely fire sprem rounds anyway and the weak 48 gold a province won't even get close to recouping your credit losses in tier 8 also.

No one can complain about competition levels now, when you have 4 clans that can all play in the ANZ time zones, YETI, Pyro, Life, 1ar - might get boring but that is all there is due to server pop... take it or leave it.

Did you know ranked battles is also on? Sometimes clans make decisions to either do CWs or ranked.

:)

Pubbie: "a three marked tiger 2, what the?"

Me: "meh, im  just grinding this tank. theres marks on the gun barrel? "

Spoiler

struth #298 Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:44 PM

Crikey

• 42505 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Post_Rune, on 22 February 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

​Not where you are, we are playing tier 8 while our tier 10s wait to become unlocked, some of our guys have done over 50 battles this season already, locking is a real thing.

neokai #299 Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:17 PM

SealClub Number 9

• Senior Moderator
  • 36795 battles

Several off-topic posts were moved to the relevant sub-forum. You can find the moved posts here.

Please do not go off-topic.

~neokai

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users