Serene Coast question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

FramFramson #1 Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:31 PM

Major

• 32173 battles

How the [edited] do you retreat from C1 (for both north & south spawns) if you find you're outnumbered?

Seriously, I don't think I've ever done it with my HP intact. It's so important you need to go there, so as long as it seems like I have a good number of tanks with me (3-4+, depending on team lineups etc. - it's also tough for more than 5 or so to get in shots at once, though the side with more can throw replacements in to cover losses), I go. But if things go to crap is there any way out of there without losing all or most of your HP?

Alternately, if it's impossible, what else can you do to evaluate whether or not you should go there?

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Proloser_The_Atomistic #2 Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:49 PM

Major

• 23072 battles

Ok so don't even go there if you have 1 or 2 tanks to support you (even in a platoon unless you're super confident and all your tanks have good DPM and depression). So:

Have you got enough support:

Yes -> Be super aggressive, get up and use your DPM and depression (I assume STB1 or AMX 30B) to absolutely mince the opposition.

No -> You can go almost to the hill- sit back around near the house to get a couple of surprise shots and then run when you see them start getting confident that they've won the hill.

After that:

Is your team winning on the island?

Yes -> Go help em kill what is there ASAP then send some to cap enemy base and come back and defend (kinda make up your mind whether you should cap too or def at the time). 

No -> Go help them anyway for a few mins but then find a spot hull down to get shots onto your cap circle to farm the last amount of HP before you lose. 

Basically if your team don't push C1 you're gonna have a hard time winning so set yourself up for a farm and you might be able to do enough damage to swing things back in your favour.

If you go C1 on your own you're doomed to die there and won't be able to get out without losing most of your HP if they are fairly aggressive.

do u no de wey?

FramFramson #3 Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

Major

• 32173 battles

Well, 1-2 is definitely NOT enough support. I would never go straight into the ridge with that.

The question is if you have a middling amount, like 4-5. Because sometimes teams send that many to the ridge but then sometimes they send 10 and you have no way of really knowing until you get there (unless you have an amazing scout or something).

Oh and in my experience if they outnumber you by 3 or more tanks, they will almost always be very aggressive.

Edited by FramFramson, 24 January 2018 - 09:02 PM.

xRainbowAssassinx #4 Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 29418 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostFramFramson, on 24 January 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

Well, 1-2 is definitely NOT enough support. I would never go straight into the ridge with that.

The question is if you have a middling amount, like 4-5. Because sometimes teams send that many to the ridge but then sometimes they send 10 and you have no way of really knowing until you get there (unless you have an amazing scout or something).

Oh and in my experience if they outnumber you by 3 or more tanks, they will almost always be very aggressive.

Well if they have 10 tanks, most likely some will be heavy tanks, that won't be there when you are. This way, you can poke the ridge, see how many they have and make a evaluation. Because you would only ever go there if you have 4-5 with you, they should provide you cover to run away, once you have realised that the enemies have their slower tanks coming as well and you can run before your team gets pelted.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn                           

FramFramson #5 Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:03 AM

Major

• 32173 battles
So basically poke and then immediately run away if there's the least indication you're not going to make it there?

Swedealicious #6 Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:27 AM

Major

• Live Streamer
  • 34537 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostFramFramson, on 25 January 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

So basically poke and then immediately run away if there's the least indication you're not going to make it there?

Look at lineups,

Do they have a lot more hulldown capability, if so dont even bother committing all the way,

If its fairly even, then drive up and have a peek. only do this if you have 1-2 tanks behind you that will stop the other team from poking and shoting you in the [edited] id you are running away.

This really only works from north spawn.

South spawn you kind of need to judge on team comps and how many of your team mates heads that way. 

"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
FeelsBirthday

FramFramson #7 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:35 AM

Major

• 32173 battles

Good advice, mysterious fellow who strangely resembles Saffee.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users