How do you play the artillery?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Bourne_Xlam #1 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

Corporal

• 3968 battles
  • [10MM] 10MM

Now, when I say this I just want to know a few things

1. How Do I or Where Do I Aim the Arty So That I hit the enemy on the move or is just moving around in one place?
  2. How Do I shotgun and hit?
  3. Where do I aim so that the shot will hit enemy when they start to move again?
  4. And How do I hit the enemies that are flinching around and moving back and forth and side to side again and again?

1.Now the first question I understand is also dependent on Rng but just me tell this much. How do I aim so that I actually do hit them rather than missing like a noob?

2. I shoot the shot goes overhead and lose or it goes behind the enemy 

3. Like for example T62 aiming at someone about to shoot,  and just as the shot went they move and it misses. What i suggest is that im asking for a trick against this.

4. Last time I saw a IS in my arty. He was moving back and forth and  doing this shape ( movement  but although I missed all the shots the other 2 same tier arty hit after hit. Why? And how can I do the same?

Now I am sorry if my questions might have annoyed you and my spelling mistakes are due to typing errors rather than english if there are, but since no arty player wanted to give their secrets nor were there any good ones around so I cane to the forums Thank You.

Jurrunio #2 Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:08 PM

First lieutenant

• 16437 battles
  • [-AW-] -AW-

1. You guess how much time it takes you shell to reach the enemy's location, then pre-aim, that is his expected location when your shell lands in his area. For example, if it takes 1 second for my shell to fly to the enemy tank, I shoot at where I expect him to be 1 second later.

2. Shot gun with 3rd person mode (the common visual angle all tanks use). Since you do this at point blank range, just shoot when the outline glows red. No need to pre-aim.

3. Pre-aim as stated in 1. Sometimes they just move after you guess they will stay still and fire, and that's how it is. Wait for the reload and hope you can do some splash damage

4. Pre-aim, or shoot at the middle of their path (if they arent moving that far and you use a higher calibre gun). 

1. Aim like a pro (who only clicks)

2. Fully aim, or admit that you committed sins and RNGesus is here to punish you.

3. For example, if they peek forwards to shoot and backwards (behind a wall or something) to safety, shoot at where he hides right after he shoots or shoot at his shooting position when he's about to come out.

4. Same as above.

Arty is all about guessing what the enemy will do next. Good luck shooting!

Oh btw, better start at low tiers like the tier 2 French arty. That thing shoots really fast so a miss doesnt cost you anything. The lower skill levels there also means they dont move around as much.

How can armor in the game be stronger?

Make shell fly wide more, and let RNG control that.

Zynth #3 Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

Major

• 22516 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

1. Double Tap 2, let splash do the talking.

2. Pray to RNGesus.

3. Double Tap 2, let splash do the talking.

4. Double Tap 2, let splash do the talking.

1.b) Double Tap 2, let splash do the talking.

2.b) Double Tap 2, let splash do the talking.
3.b) Double Tap 2, let splash do the talking.

4.b) Double Tap 2, let splash do the talking.

Protip: Alt-tabbing while playing artillery allows you to multi-task while grinding artillery.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

pokeranger24 #4 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

First lieutenant

• 7720 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA
Shot gunning is most fun way to play arty

RNG = NTR

Jurrunio #5 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

First lieutenant

• 16437 battles
  • [-AW-] -AW-

View Postpokeranger24, on 26 January 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

Shot gunning is most fun way to play arty

Back then when they do a lot of damage. Nowadays shotgunning people just isnt effective because you dont hurt much even though you only have one chance to kill them

How can armor in the game be stronger?

Make shell fly wide more, and let RNG control that.

jessica_raven #6 Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:28 PM

Major

• 18909 battles
Wat arty are you using btw? Some arty are better at hitting moving target due to flat arc/fast shell velocity, high arc arty need to predict few second more compared to flat ones.

JESSICA_RAVEN  (LVL 18 AVENGING TOMATOLORD)

ATK -☆☆☆        DEF-☆☆☆☆☆ 

AGILITY-☆☆   VISION-☆☆☆

SPIRIT-☆☆     GOLDSPAM-☆☆☆

SKRUB-YES

NameWasStolenStresslevel #7 Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:43 PM

First lieutenant

• 32232 battles

basic arty guide:

-during 30 seconds count down, use this time to pick your favorite youtube series, pick a snack too.

-battle starts, while reloading the 1st shell of the match aim at known hulldown positions or choke points, fire your gun, hit the dirty for 500 splash dmg at anything near it. 

-you must tab in back to the game once the gun has reloaded.

-ocasionally use the W key just to make sure it still works.

-profit more than a light tank spotting for the team by just stunning dmg.

advanced arty guide:

-same thing as basic guide

-only difference is that you should also load premium he for more stunning radius.

-profit..

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 26 January 2018 - 05:44 PM.

Forum Guy: "All that Marks of Excelence does is to encourage Damage farming over winning".

Me: "YES sir, MOE does encourage dmg farm over winning, just like winning does encourages: YOLO, Camping far back, gold spamming,"world of capping" mindset, OP premium tier 8's purchases, chat rage, platooning to farm win ratio, toxicity, seal clubbing, arty spam etc..... So i guess winning is much more toxic and bad behavior than dmg farming???"  Wait a minute, wow no one has ever thought about that this way??? Then I must be a genius                                                                                                                                                            https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Angus775n #8 Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:21 PM

Sergeant

• 47965 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

Watch some vids.

https://www.youtube....y=wot spg guide

if the standard view drives you nuts, there are some alternative mods that change the view and make it more stable

jessica_raven #9 Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:40 PM

Major

• 18909 battles
Troll have found new player zone it seems :P

JESSICA_RAVEN  (LVL 18 AVENGING TOMATOLORD)

ATK -☆☆☆        DEF-☆☆☆☆☆ 

AGILITY-☆☆   VISION-☆☆☆

SPIRIT-☆☆     GOLDSPAM-☆☆☆

SKRUB-YES

kookookichoo #10 Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:29 AM

Sergeant

• 15189 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-

View Postjessica_raven, on 26 January 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

...their natural habitat, natch...

kookie, kookie - lend me your comb

Gani_GANz #11 Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:10 AM

First lieutenant

• 14198 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

how to play arty?

clicking

3 Marks : T29, T-34

2 Marks : T34, T-54, STA-1, VK100.01P

NameWasStolenStresslevel #12 Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:01 AM

First lieutenant

• 32232 battles

View Postjessica_raven, on 26 January 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

a little bit of calculated/educated trolling should be allowed, we are humans after all, 100% serious posts should come only from WG staff or support because of the profissionalism involved. 

Note that besides a little trolling my posts are still not off topic, and are still telling how to play arty, the "aim at known hull down spots" is a good tip for any arty player

thx

Forum Guy: "All that Marks of Excelence does is to encourage Damage farming over winning".

Me: "YES sir, MOE does encourage dmg farm over winning, just like winning does encourages: YOLO, Camping far back, gold spamming,"world of capping" mindset, OP premium tier 8's purchases, chat rage, platooning to farm win ratio, toxicity, seal clubbing, arty spam etc..... So i guess winning is much more toxic and bad behavior than dmg farming???"  Wait a minute, wow no one has ever thought about that this way??? Then I must be a genius                                                                                                                                                            https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

TankGirl_123 #13 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:56 PM

Corporal

• 698 battles

View PostZynth, on 26 January 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

1. Double Tap 2, let splash do the talking.

2. Pray to RNGesus.

3. Double Tap 2, let splash do the talking.

4. Double Tap 2, let splash do the talking.

1.b) Double Tap 2, let splash do the talking.

2.b) Double Tap 2, let splash do the talking.
3.b) Double Tap 2, let splash do the talking.

4.b) Double Tap 2, let splash do the talking.

Protip: Alt-tabbing while playing artillery allows you to multi-task while grinding artillery.

Arty at low tiers don’t splash...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users