https://worldoftanks.asia/en/

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Angus775n #41 Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

Sergeant

• 64122 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View PostMonkeyPlayed, on 19 February 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

Ranked Battles is on only in a limited time?

Yep, limited times when there are a reasonable number of people on to avoid any skullduggery going on

ckuu #42 Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

wat

• 25167 battles
  • [BLAP] BLAP

View PostMonkeyPlayed, on 19 February 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

Ranked Battles is on only in a limited time?

Yah only at in the evening - see the portal for the specific times.

___Smarty #43 Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:49 AM

Private

• 6467 battles
  • [KAZR] KAZR
Today was the first day of ranked battles and i personally enjoyed it a lot. They have made it simpler and effective this time with good rewards

Edited by ___Smarty, 20 February 2018 - 12:54 AM.

John_Clark10886 #44 Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:58 AM

Corporal

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 15483 battles
  • [KAZR] KAZR
No

Captain_Rats #45 Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:10 AM

Private

• 23520 battles
Played a session of ranked on NA account. Deeply soul destroying. Lost twelve in a row bouncing constantly off 907's and 430U's. Don't even start me on the gold spamming.

Profanisaurus #46 Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:21 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
I played one.  Turned out we had 5 players BELOW 45% in their tier 10s.  Gave up.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

HexHammer #47 Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:25 AM

Staff sergeant

• 33644 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 16 February 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

All I have to say is thank [edited] for my Lorraine 40t. It's what makes T8 credit grinding tolerable and even fun.

I think this patch screwed the Lor40t with all the new heavily armored Russian Tanks. There is now just too much heavy armor and too many bottom tier games.

The Lor used to be my favorite tank, cant bring myself to play it anymore with this new patch. StrvS1, M44 and the SkorpG are my main money earners now.

CardinalMite #48 Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:45 AM

Captain

• 30765 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 19 February 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

I think this patch screwed the Lor40t with all the new heavily armored Russian Tanks. There is now just too much heavy armor and too many bottom tier games.

The Lor used to be my favorite tank, cant bring myself to play it anymore with this new patch. StrvS1, M44 and the SkorpG are my main money earners now.

One of the fastest mediums that is very able to flank with 230pen standard rounds. I haven’t noticed any significant difference with 9.22 particularly adversely affecting the Lorraine 40t. The new heavies aren’t really anything new we haven’t seen before in German lines or Chrysler GF. The 257 side armour gimmick has not been the issue it looked like being so long as you remember the other weak spots. The 268 v4 is hilariously OP (reverse speed lol!)but that isn’t exactly something uniquely an issue for the Lorraine and in fact the Lorraine is probably one of the least affected in that regard being quick enough to get to the side of a 268v4. 

If you have a Ravioli or a Fv4202 then you maybe have a point, 40t no.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

Ezz #49 Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:58 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 20 February 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

I think this patch screwed the Lor40t with all the new heavily armored Russian Tanks. 

The new heavily armored russians screwed EVERYTHING. Laughably the lorry would have been one of the least impacted owing to its near (if not) best in tier pen.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

crash74 #50 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

Staff sergeant

• 54183 battles

Asia server not getting this? :confused:

Ranked Battles: 30% Off Top-Tiers & Offers

Elphaba #51 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:44 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

View Postcrash74, on 20 February 2018 - 06:13 AM, said:

Asia server not getting this? :confused:

Ranked Battles: 30% Off Top-Tiers & Offers

Because we currently have LNY sales up and that's a lot. Each server has their own sale schedule and specials so just because it appears on one server doesn't mean it will appear on another.

FramFramson #52 Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:04 PM

Major

• 47164 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Yesterday was fantastic. Today was a nightmare. Tomorrow is another day... I hope.

It seems like the trick is to not lose momentum. If you lose a couple games in a row you're thrown back down with the bottom-feeders and then you're in an inescapable hell.

I really, REALLY, wish the window of play was wider though. These two three-hour sessions are so narrow and restrictive it's completely ridiculous. At least end the ceasefire in between the two periods - why do we have that?

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

FramFramson #53 Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:23 PM

Major

• 47164 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

If you're facing heavy Russian armour head-on in a Lorraine 40t, you're autoloading wrong.

As Ezz & Card pointed out, high speed + best in tier MT pen = why the hell are you trying to frontally brawl?

Edited by FramFramson, 20 February 2018 - 07:24 PM.

HexHammer #54 Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:49 PM

Staff sergeant

• 33644 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 20 February 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

If you're facing heavy Russian armour head-on in a Lorraine 40t, you're autoloading wrong.

As Ezz & Card pointed out, high speed + best in tier MT pen = why the hell are you trying to frontally brawl?

Well with respect, I am a better player than you in the Lor40t and Ezz does not own one.

This patch brought in all these powerful Russian Heavies, TD,s, and armored mediums, so everyone else is bringing heavy armor and big guns to compete. Considering the horrible matchmaking tier8 tanks gets, tier 8 was bad enough before this patch, now it is considerably worse. 

The Lor40t is fast is a straight line, but is otherwise sluggish, is a huge target, and has poor camo. One of the juiciest targets on the map compared to all that heavy armor out there now.

You can still have good games, but I consider tier8 too trollish now, better off to stop buying premiums and use that money to free XP straight through to tier 9.

Am grinding the Caenarven right now, and getting bullied by all these high tier tanks. The Conquerer and its beast of a top gun is only $35 worth of free xp away. Dont like spending too much on this game, but .....

Edited by BrutalOlyx, 20 February 2018 - 11:53 PM.

FramFramson #55 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:23 AM

Major

• 47164 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 20 February 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

The Lor40t is fast is a straight line, but is otherwise sluggish, and has poor camo.

I do not find this to remotely be the case. Mobility is excellent. Perhaps you have an unskilled crew?

Block Quote

A huge target ...  One of the juiciest targets on the map compared to all that heavy armor out there now.

Well autoloading 101, is "hard cover, not soft cover"

I mean, leaving aside our skill differences, I can still make roughly 50,000 - 90,000 and 1500-2000 damage per match with a premium account and that hasn't changed. There's not a lot of T8s left for which this is reliably true.

HexHammer #56 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:13 AM

Staff sergeant

• 33644 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 21 February 2018 - 01:23 AM, said:

I mean, leaving aside our skill differences, I can still make roughly 50,000 - 90,000 and 1500-2000 damage per match with a premium account and that hasn't changed. There's not a lot of T8s left for which this is reliably true.

Since the Lor40t was released there has been massive power creep in high tier tanks. Maus, Type4/5, 5A, Super Conq, Badger, now all these Russian Heavies and Mediums and the totally OP Russian TDs.

At the same time, the Lor40t and all the other tier8 tanks have mostly remained unbuffed. As a result, you are now facing much thicker armor and more powerful guns than what you did when you first bought the Lor40t.

As a result, your performance and credit potential must decline, it simple mathematics.

CardinalMite #57 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:20 AM

Captain

• 30765 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 20 February 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Well with respect, I am a better player than you in the Lor40t and Ezz does not own one.

This patch brought in all these powerful Russian Heavies, TD,s, and armored mediums, so everyone else is bringing heavy armor and big guns to compete. Considering the horrible matchmaking tier8 tanks gets, tier 8 was bad enough before this patch, now it is considerably worse. 

The Lor40t is fast is a straight line, but is otherwise sluggish, is a huge target, and has poor camo. One of the juiciest targets on the map compared to all that heavy armor out there now.

You can still have good games, but I consider tier8 too trollish now, better off to stop buying premiums and use that money to free XP straight through to tier 9.

Am grinding the Caenarven right now, and getting bullied by all these high tier tanks. The Conquerer and its beast of a top gun is only $35 worth of free xp away. Dont like spending too much on this game, but .....

Well now you are really moving the goalposts of the discussion to a general rant about tier 8 mm. Yes undeniably tier 8s are boned in general with the MM but that has been the case for what a year now? I’ll agree that on general principles I am avoiding playing tier 8s unless I have to for credits mainly. That is leaving me credit poor in general which sucks given all that the unlocked high tier tanks I have.

But..  the Lorraine is still one of the best tier 8s. While it’s tank traverse is not the best, it is generally good enough and I don’t find its size and camo to be particularly an issue. Otherwise it’s ability to advance to particular locations to farm early damage (best damage) and also relocate flanks while clipping is awesome. 

Put it this way of all tier 8 tanks in the game (tech tree or premium), if I have to play a tier 8 at all I would rather be in the Lorraine than anything else. 

By the way I run it with fuel rather than a FE (you play it right fires are very rare) which helps acceleration and tank traverse. Not as good as food but then better for credit farming. 

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

Defiance_ #58 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:34 AM

The Firestarter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 27653 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 21 February 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

Since the Lor40t was released there has been massive power creep in high tier tanks. Maus, Type4/5, 5A, Super Conq, Badger, now all these Russian Heavies and Mediums and the totally OP Russian TDs.

At the same time, the Lor40t and all the other tier8 tanks have mostly remained unbuffed. As a result, you are now facing much thicker armor and more powerful guns than what you did when you first bought the Lor40t.

As a result, your performance and credit potential must decline, it simple mathematics.

Lorr40t is one of the best tier 8s, It can do almost anything, other than bounce, xD. And if you're shooting Super Heavies/Tank Destroyers from the front, you're doing it wrong. Lorr40t has enough pen to pen the sides with ease. That's just my opinion, I admit I don't own one, but I've played with them in Plats, SH and CW, and it's completely fine but it isn't hard to tell if a tank is good or not, even after new patches.

Def

signature.png ?username=Defiance_WoT&theme=dark

"Hope is being able to see Light despite all the Darkness."

3 MOE Tanks(14) : Obj 140, IS-3, T32, Panther 8.8,Comet, T20, VK 36.01(H), MT-25, T-34-85M, Cromwell, M4 Sherman, KV-1, Churchill III, PZ IV H

HexHammer #59 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:57 AM

Staff sergeant

• 33644 battles

View PostDefiance_, on 21 February 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

Lorr40t is one of the best tier 8s, It can do almost anything, other than bounce, xD. And if you're shooting Super Heavies/Tank Destroyers from the front, you're doing it wrong. Lorr40t has enough pen to pen the sides with ease. That's just my opinion, I admit I don't own one, but I've played with them in Plats, SH and CW, and it's completely fine but it isn't hard to tell if a tank is good or not, even after new patches.

Def

Again the 'doing it wrong' thing.

I will re-iterate that the meta has now dramatically changed with this patch. It might be a good tier8 tank vs other tier 8 tanks, but the Lor and all tier8 tanks have been dramatically powercrept this patch. One could say even the Maus and Badger have been powercrept.

It used to be one of my faves until this patch, if i am going to play an autoloader I will instead play the vastly superior AMX 13 90

HexHammer #60 Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:05 AM

Staff sergeant

• 33644 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 21 February 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

Well now you are really moving the goalposts of the discussion to a general rant about tier 8 mm.

OK< well back on  topic.

I have played a few games. The STV 103B does not earn enough XP because it does not spot its own damage, so even if you do good damage, you are at near bottom in terms of XP  The T92 is too inacurate, reloads too slowly, so the same problem.

I have had decent success in the AMX 13 105 and have always finished in the top 8 of my team. Unfortunately, I lost my first 4 games in it. I did finish off the night in the top 3 in a winning game, in Paris of all maps, so have two chevrons.

Will probably take the IS7 out tonight running optics and alternate that and the 13 105

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users