Jump to content


poll to support low tiers on ANZ server


  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

adrian_iron #21 Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:58 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24622 battles
  • 159
  • [O-T-D] O-T-D
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View PostNapalmer, on 11 February 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

Yes, I agree we should get all of PYRO to play tier 1-3 for 2 hours every night to scare off all the new players.

I'll get right onto organising it!

 

good you guys should feel right at home down at low tiers :P

The problem is not in the problem' The problem is your Attitude towards the problem'


Ensign_Brendoonigan #22 Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:02 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 5501 battles
  • 462
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U
  • Member since:
    05-25-2016

Lol. Tbh the aus server should only be for tiers 5 maybe 6 and up until they start giving the lower tiers smaller games. Ie: 5 v 5 or 10 v 10.

 

Imho basically any new player at the moment coming on board needs to play on the SG


Ensign

I don't need to drink to drive like a drunk, all I need is the Archer! 

British Line (Conqueror & Achilles), Chinese Lines (T34-2, 111 5A & WZ-131), French Line (AMX M4 mle. 45), German Line (Indien Panzer), Italian Line (P43.ter). 

2nd MOE: PZ III/IV, T-34


hate_pubbehs #23 Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 66781 battles
  • 5,912
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012
And then tier 4 players will dry up, and then tier 5 will dry up, and then tier 6 will dry up, and then many players will quit rather than go up 150 ping when we inevitably get absorbed back into Asia server again.

Was always a wonky idea, 3 years too late, or only needed when cables are damaged. I’m from NZ and I play exclusively on Singapore. Ping is no excuse for being a pube.

SOLOPUBE. 3 MoE: T54E1, Lowe, FV4202, M46KR, IS-2, AMX M4 45, FV201, Panther M10, ARL 44, Heavy Tank VI, VK 30.01 D, Excelsior, Renault G1R, ELC


adrian_iron #24 Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:20 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24622 battles
  • 159
  • [O-T-D] O-T-D
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View Posthate_pubbehs, on 12 February 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

And then tier 4 players will dry up, and then tier 5 will dry up, and then tier 6 will dry up, and then many players will quit rather than go up 150 ping when we inevitably get absorbed back into Asia server again.

Was always a wonky idea, 3 years too late, or only needed when cables are damaged. I’m from NZ and I play exclusively on Singapore. Ping is no excuse for being a pube.

 

lol thats the spirit my fellow grumpy Kiwi :P 

 


The problem is not in the problem' The problem is your Attitude towards the problem'


basil_liddell_hart #25 Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 32155 battles
  • 69
  • [LANCR] LANCR
  • Member since:
    03-31-2014
When the cable is working whilst the ping is not ideal its not bad.   I've been playing on the test server with 350+ ping(and doing better than the RU players mostly) .  Low numbers on the Aus server will always make it difficult for MM to make perfect.  Even at tier 8 you are mostly bottom tier in a tier 10 game.    I do think that WG need to change the map selection for low tier games.  I can not see any value for a new player in playing on Mittengard.  There is almost no chance of learning the skills required to play in higher tiers.  

adrian_iron #26 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:52 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24622 battles
  • 159
  • [O-T-D] O-T-D
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View Postbasil_liddell_hart, on 12 February 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

When the cable is working whilst the ping is not ideal its not bad.   I've been playing on the test server with 350+ ping(and doing better than the RU players mostly) .  Low numbers on the Aus server will always make it difficult for MM to make perfect.  Even at tier 8 you are mostly bottom tier in a tier 10 game.    I do think that WG need to change the map selection for low tier games.  I can not see any value for a new player in playing on Mittengard.  There is almost no chance of learning the skills required to play in higher tiers.   

 

While you make some valid points the main point of post is to get the player community to support the new player base at bottom tiers and build numbers up by some of us playing a few battles a night at low tiers this would in turn assist mm to create low tier battles ' even 120  to 200 would help ' It was also a suggestion but it appears less players want to input to the success of the ANZ server than I thought very sad considering it has been asked for so many times as far as  maps go 'any time spent on any map is not a complete lose 

Edited by adrian_iron, 12 February 2018 - 01:53 PM.

The problem is not in the problem' The problem is your Attitude towards the problem'


Daft_Lord #27 Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:59 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta-Tester
  • 12330 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    08-08-2012
I'd like to see an option for Tier 1-4 to fight in battles with bots. Kinda like the console version and you get less XP and credits in those battles but it's a good idea for new players to get the hang of the game or if you just don't want to deal with bad teams/people as much and don't mind making less credits and XP.

hate_pubbehs #28 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:19 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 66781 battles
  • 5,912
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View Postadrian_iron, on 12 February 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

the main point of post is to get the player community to support the new player base at bottom tiers and build numbers up by some of us playing a few battles a night at low tiers

Should we lose to them on purpose as well? To make them feel good?

 

or just forget how to play for a few hours at a time?

 

or maybe just maybe the best advice to give them is to learn on the server that has 5x as many players.


SOLOPUBE. 3 MoE: T54E1, Lowe, FV4202, M46KR, IS-2, AMX M4 45, FV201, Panther M10, ARL 44, Heavy Tank VI, VK 30.01 D, Excelsior, Renault G1R, ELC


Puggsley #29 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:18 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 59781 battles
  • 1,190
  • [LEFT] LEFT
  • Member since:
    04-03-2014
Yep, learn on the SG server, hell I've had a gutfull of terrabad play on the Aus server and now will only play pubbies on the SG one. I can deal with mega camping a lot more easily than teams melting around you in the first 3 minutes.

Profanisaurus #30 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:21 AM

    le sigh

  • Member
  • 2012 battles
  • 4,033
  • [PBFG] PBFG
  • Member since:
    02-19-2013
This.  AU is a haven of 48%ers who refuse to admit their failings.

adrian_iron #31 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:44 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24622 battles
  • 159
  • [O-T-D] O-T-D
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View Posthate_pubbehs, on 13 February 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Should we lose to them on purpose as well? To make them feel good?

 

or just forget how to play for a few hours at a time?

 

or maybe just maybe the best advice to give them is to learn on the server that has 5x as many players.

 

Or perhaps use some of this skill you claim to have to educate and nurser new players to a better standard so over all as they progress through the tiers they are a worthy team mate ' makes no odd's mate as stated you play on the SG server and im not talking about the SG server'

The problem is not in the problem' The problem is your Attitude towards the problem'


Ensign_Brendoonigan #32 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:54 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 5501 battles
  • 462
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U
  • Member since:
    05-25-2016

View Postadrian_iron, on 14 February 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

 

Or perhaps use some of this skill you claim to have to educate and nurser new players to a better standard so over all as they progress through the tiers they are a worthy team mate ' makes no odd's mate as stated you play on the SG server and im not talking about the SG server'

 

the problem that you have is that an actual game isn't the place to learn how to play this game. The game is to fast for one player to explain/show a new player how to do what they're doing better. You'd need actual training sessions in the training room before any benefit will be seem.

 

 


Ensign

I don't need to drink to drive like a drunk, all I need is the Archer! 

British Line (Conqueror & Achilles), Chinese Lines (T34-2, 111 5A & WZ-131), French Line (AMX M4 mle. 45), German Line (Indien Panzer), Italian Line (P43.ter). 

2nd MOE: PZ III/IV, T-34


spacewolf #33 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

    Space Yolo Best Yolo

  • Beta-Tester
  • 67694 battles
  • 2,441
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

There is plenty of education and nurturing available in multiple channels across multiple platforms. If you want to mentor a new player, go do it, but don't expect too many others to want to be forced into it.

 

Also Hate is a pretty handy player. It may pay to look up his numbers before you shoot from the hip.

 

View PostEnsign_Brendoonigan, on 14 February 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

 

the problem that you have is that an actual game isn't the place to learn how to play this game. The game is to fast for one player to explain/show a new player how to do what they're doing better. You'd need actual training sessions in the training room before any benefit will be seem.

 

 

This is one example of the multiple ways to teach a new player.

 

Seriously, let the horse die mate. The reality is if someone wants to learn the game, they will look, ask, listen, and apply. I see no reason to spoon feed anyone, nor do I want to be in a situation in a leisure activity where I am forced to do so.



adrian_iron #34 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24622 battles
  • 159
  • [O-T-D] O-T-D
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View PostEnsign_Brendoonigan, on 14 February 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

 

the problem that you have is that an actual game isn't the place to learn how to play this game. The game is to fast for one player to explain/show a new player how to do what they're doing better. You'd need actual training sessions in the training room before any benefit will be seem.

 

 

 

That is true but i might point out we are off topic " the post is about building players numbers at low tiers on the ANZ not skill level my comment to hate_pubbehs, was to point out that while he moans about low stat players he does nothing to alter the situation ' and as he has no interest in playing on the ANZ sever his comments are really of no or very little interest to me ' I am however interested in hearing from players who want to input tot building the low tier numbers up and doing what we can to build the over all numbers up 'and that is what the post was about ' and if along the way we can input to better player performance that would be great .

The problem is not in the problem' The problem is your Attitude towards the problem'


adrian_iron #35 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24622 battles
  • 159
  • [O-T-D] O-T-D
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View Postspacewolf, on 14 February 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

There is plenty of education and nurturing available in multiple channels across multiple platforms. If you want to mentor a new player, go do it, but don't expect too many others to want to be forced into it.

 

Also Hate is a pretty handy player. It may pay to look up his numbers before you shoot from the hip.

 

This is one example of the multiple ways to teach a new player.

 

Seriously, let the horse die mate. The reality is if someone wants to learn the game, they will look, ask, listen, and apply. I see no reason to spoon feed anyone, nor do I want to be in a situation in a leisure activity where I am forced to do so.

 

who's forcing you? the post is about building numbers up "

 


Edited by adrian_iron, 14 February 2018 - 01:11 PM.

The problem is not in the problem' The problem is your Attitude towards the problem'


spacewolf #36 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

    Space Yolo Best Yolo

  • Beta-Tester
  • 67694 battles
  • 2,441
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

Fine. Then I'm not interested in being forced to play low tiers for an hour every day. It is not my responsibility to work on building a games player base. The games parent company would probably have some sort of marketing department that would probably have advertising, likely targeting specific markets in order to attract new players. Wouldn't that be a batter way to go about it than forcing people to play low tiers for an hour every day?

 

ffs mate, let it go. if someone wants to go stat pad at low tiers they will. If others don't want to go clubbing they won't. Leave it at that.



adrian_iron #37 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:21 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24622 battles
  • 159
  • [O-T-D] O-T-D
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View Postspacewolf, on 14 February 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

Fine. Then I'm not interested in being forced to play low tiers for an hour every day. It is not my responsibility to work on building a games player base. The games parent company would probably have some sort of marketing department that would probably have advertising, likely targeting specific markets in order to attract new players. Wouldn't that be a batter way to go about it than forcing people to play low tiers for an hour every day?

 

ffs mate, let it go. if someone wants to go stat pad at low tiers they will. If others don't want to go clubbing they won't. Leave it at that.

 

again I ask who is forcing you to do anything? not a hard question ' and If you dont want to help thats fine ' be somewhere else I am not forcing you to read my post either "

The problem is not in the problem' The problem is your Attitude towards the problem'


spacewolf #38 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

    Space Yolo Best Yolo

  • Beta-Tester
  • 67694 battles
  • 2,441
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

I propose 1 hour per night that is [dedicated] to low tier grinding where we all contribute to playing low tier battles to build the numbers up for those new players 

 

^ in your post.

 

The server wouldn't support it. Move along.



Mother_Of_All_Rommel #39 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

    Destroyer of WoT

  • Member
  • 20034 battles
  • 2,566
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
The idea are based on goodwill for sure, but wont work. Very few plyr see the game more than just a game, to the point that they feels its an obligation to help poor plyr and newbie. But even WG dont giv shit about new plyr, how can you expect community will help?

Edited by jessica_raven, 14 February 2018 - 01:34 PM.

DON'T LIKE MY TANKING?

DIAL

010-GO[EDIT]YURSELF

TERMS AND CONDITION APPLY. 8HRS A DAY,  5 DAYS PER WEEK. MAY OR MAY NOT REPLY.


adrian_iron #40 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24622 battles
  • 159
  • [O-T-D] O-T-D
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View Postspacewolf, on 14 February 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

I propose 1 hour per night that is [dedicated] to low tier grinding where we all contribute to playing low tier battles to build the numbers up for those new players 

 

^ in your post.

 

The server wouldn't support it. Move along.

 

a suggestion ' a reach out to the player base ' hey guys help out "" lets do some low tiers for an hour  " and build the numbers up I didn't say hey lets get wargamming to make it a must we all play low tiers for and hour' my post is about us making an effort and contributing " seems not everyone's strong point I guess'

The problem is not in the problem' The problem is your Attitude towards the problem'





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users