End of an Era

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

HelloBye #1 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:06 PM

Private

• 12139 battles

Now before I start, I just want the lot of you to know that:

- I am by no means a "good" player (depends on how you define good which I will come back again later in the thread).

- I have almost 12k battles in this game and is probably very minute compared to all the 30k bots and experienced players in the game.

- This post is gonna be salty.

So let me start off with WG's recent updates to the game. In light of all the complaints and feedbacks we made as a community to WG, they responded with several changes and "improvements" to the game in which they deem will solve the game's existing problems WHICH ARE NOT WORKING AT ALL.

3/5/7 MM is horrible in Tier X games 'cause you can never penetrate any tanks when you're bottom tier as a Tier 8 tank (Some times you can't even do anything even with prem rounds 'cause top tier tanks are packing at least 300mm effective armor in most cases *stares at the Russian tech tree*). Basically, it is caused by the power creep from buffing tanks which do not need any buffs. :ohmy:Surprised ? Meanwhile some Tier X tanks suffer even as top tier tanks due to the fact that their stats are so miserable and have no redeeming feature whatsoever that people stop playing them as a whole. Also, the fact that players are not teamed up with the skill based mechanism is hurting the player baseand possibly ... the very future of WG/WoT itself (?)

Let me elaborate, you now have a player base which is so utterly low in skill level and mentality that you make [Content Removed] (this is not offensive 'cause I am actually thinking people with [Content Removed].). Why is that so ?

1) WG keeps introducing tanks with low skill level requirement

Yeah sure, keep making your OP tanks from a certain nation tech tree. That will DEFINITELY help the community grow as a whole. No. You all may not get this but- People need to feel PAIN to grow, make them feel the pain of having shells put into their tanks, make them feel that each HP is as equally important as every meal or every breathe they take. So basically, design your tanks in such a way that it is not supposed to be good in EVERYTHING. Ohh the tank is fast ? Make it have less armor, less DPM. Ohh it has great armor ? Take away its mobility. Yeah no, don't give me that bullcrap such as "BUT YOU CAN SNIPE THEM/FLANK THEM YOU DIPDUNG" Good luck sniping in a tank with slow shell velocity and penetration, also good luck in flanking a heavily armored tank sitting in a chokepoint *rollseyes to Type 5 Heavy* Every time a new tank comes out, I will have this thought in my mind that somehow or somewhere in the balancing department ... The staffs are rolling a dice to determine whether they should make it extra weak or extra powerful. Rolls 1, give it next to nothing to fight in Tier X games. Rolls 6, make it such that the tank can even brawl with top tiers with ease or absorb shells like a black hole.

Here's a tip, START MAKING TANKS WITH ACTUAL WEAK POINTS NOT WEAK SPOTS.

2) There isn't a dedicated server for noobs

I've said it, we have transcended so far into the future that we actually need to exile the noobs. "BUT IF THERE AREN'T NOOBS YOU WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN TO WHERE YOU ARE NOW, IN FACT YOU WOULD BE THE NOOB." Once again, yeah no. I have observed in the trend of games I had and can say this with confidence. WG ruined its own player base skill level.

:izmena:Time to get hate for this 'cause everyone in this community be like "You are responsible for each and every win, you can change the outcome." I totally AGREE (which is why I highlighted it blue) with this statement, with a few terms and conditions set ahead of course:

a) The team will actually comprise of more than 30% of players that do not suck at the game.

I.e. They know where to spot, where to support fire from, where to create a blockade, how to read the map, how to create and lose presence on the battlefield, when to be aggressive or defensive, when to start pushing the frontlines and etc. Something so simple and yet the noobs can never grasp.

b) No bots on the team

How long have we been on this topic ... ? On multiple occasions I have had games with 5 bots on my team, that's 5 guns out of the game ! And their stats are always the typical 50k battles 49% WR 500 average damage done .

c) Inactive players

This sorta relates to a) 'cause you know ... for various amount of reasons there will always be that bunch of teammates that kemps bush :bush:for an eternity. Its OKAY (when I say OKAY, I don't mean that its great. In fact its horrible by my standards, I just had to lower it to the general noob's gameplay standards) if you kemp at a position that is able to snipe the enemy and provide support fire but when you're so far that I cannot even pick you up on the radar ... Dude, just do something. Drive off a cliff or drown yourself. :sceptic:

"BUT ITS NOT THAT EASY TO DO SO 'CAUSE ITS WG AND WHY DOES STATS EVEN MATTER ? ITS JUST A GAME" Yeah no, don't give me your SJW argument. Life is a game, [Content Removed] ? Insults aside, its time WG make our stats MATTER. Maybe split the games by WR ? Or PR ? It is excruciatingly painful to see your hard work go to waste just because others are complacent or excuse me for putting it bluntly ... IGNORANT.

3) Map design

Can we have more maps already ? Like pretty please ? Its so boring to keep having the same map over and over again after I've lost Tier X games thanks to my utterly useless teammates, I have to lose in the same map in a lower tier tank just 'cause we have a low variety of map selection ? At least give me a variety of places to suffer in, instead of the same map over and over again.

Also, some maps are so biased to the other team. I.e. it gets a better view over the other side, it has more places for tanks to hull down and be godlike, allows more tanks/guns to focus on a target etc.

4) Extra XP and credits for those in top 3 or top 5 of the team

Despite a lose, IMO the top 3 or top 5 of the team should get a significant addition to the XP and credits earned. Like, why should I be penalized along with the rest of the team that did next to nothing ? Is it not bad enough that my teammates made me lose a game that I carried ? This in turn would also encourage more of these newbies/noobs to push themselves for improvement so they can progress faster down a certain tech tree or spend less time/real life money.

Note that I have not mentioned XVM, prem round spammings or WG's business model 'cause I think that's essential for them to continue running their business.

XVM is important at this era of the game 'cause you need to know whether your team is crap or not. It is from thereon that you will determine whether you want to dedicate all your efforts to a win. You wouldn't rush to an advantageous location knowing that your teammates couldn't even compute what you are trying to do, they wouldn't cover fire, they wouldn't spot and worst of all they are just going to call you a noob.

Prem rounds spamming are acceptable to a certain extend, in a way it prevents heavily armored tanks from being too pushy on certain fronts. On the other hand, I've seen so many people spamming prem rounds on LTs ... Why ? You can even pen most LTs with HE rounds and do more damage. Either way, I suppose currently having prem rounds is essential since WG just keeps introducing tanks with more armor and more mobility. Just maybe reduce the cost of firing them ? I don't know, this is just something that I've never really thought deeply about.

WG's business model is on the track in which they squeeze money out of the new players and also old players. I won't say it is wrong considering new players be like "Hurr durr P2W model, me unlocky gud tenkz faz." and old players be like "Ohh look, a new tank that's perfect for the power creep." Afterall, you pay for what you deem is worth. HOWEVER, this is going in a direction where it will probably be destructive for both WG and the community. We have seen a major drop in player skill level, more than what it was 3 years ago. A huge loss in player base in terms of amount which to WG = loss in opportunity for profit. Then again these are just my speculation and like I said, PROBABLY will be the case if it continues.

TL;DR I hate newbies and noobs, this game is not rocket science so what is taking you all an eternity to learn the basics of the game ? :angry:[Content Removed]

P/S : Time for an influx of "unicum" arguments saying how I'm bad and should improve myself rather than ranting on the forums. Just so you know I worked hard for my noob stats from which what was originally 40% WR. Also, I'm getting ready to get creamed by the newly updated Russian tech tree which my Leopard 1 and WZ-111-5A would probably struggle or stand no chance against.

Derogatory Comments, Content Removed; User Sanctioned.

/Bounty

Edited by Bounty, 13 February 2018 - 10:09 AM.

The_average_tanker #2 Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:02 PM

Sergeant

• 7972 battles
  • [MCOAJ] MCOAJ

I am by no means a good player, i too get my [edited] handed to me on weekends, what I do not get is why I do not feel the need to rant every opportunity I get.

Also reading your tldr I am sorry if i was on your team yesterday. I was tilted and played below my general level  (which is pretty low anyway) yesterday. 

Zynth #3 Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:07 PM

Major

• 22516 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHelloBye, on 12 February 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

2) There isn't a dedicated server for noobs

I've said it, we have transcended so far into the future that we actually need to exile the noobs. "BUT IF THERE AREN'T NOOBS YOU WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN TO WHERE YOU ARE NOW, IN FACT YOU WOULD BE THE NOOB." Once again, yeah no. I have observed in the trend of games I had and can say this with confidence. WG ruined its own player base skill level.

No no, you misunderstand. We are on the dedicated server for noobs. It's just that there isn't a dedicated one for good players.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

jessica_raven #4 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

Major

• 18878 battles
We need pve to seperate competitive plyr and casul. Put elite wall on pvp, say 50% before unlocked acces to tier above, or 1 gun marks. That way, even a plyr research and buy IS7 in pve, he still need to have 1 moe in every tanks below it before can use it in pvp. And gun marks only can be have in pvp. This is a win-win situation.

JESSICA_RAVEN  (LVL 18 AVENGING TOMATOLORD)

ATK -☆☆☆        DEF-☆☆☆☆☆ 

AGILITY-☆☆   VISION-☆☆☆

SPIRIT-☆☆     GOLDSPAM-☆☆☆

SKRUB-YES

MM_is_Broken #5 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:22 PM

Sergeant

• 8372 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

to much text must be spam

Non-Constructive Post; User Warned.

/Bounty

Edited by Bounty, 13 February 2018 - 10:09 AM.

[Content removed]

Insults; Content removed.

~neokai

Bounty #6 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:06 AM

First lieutenant

• Forum Moderator
  • 12623 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

Thread moved to more appropriate sub-forum.

/Bounty

spacewolf #7 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 65785 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Mate it's a game. Read guides, watch a couple of you tube vids, talk to goods. Learn. Your frustration levels will go down.

Also try not to take it too seriously.

Puggsley #8 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

First lieutenant

• 58498 battles
  • [T-REK] T-REK
+5 for dipdung...

Angus775n #9 Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:01 PM

Sergeant

• 47916 battles
  • [PRC] PRC
I am a slow learner, so it has taken me a while to improve. Hope that is ok with you?

hate_pubbehs #10 Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:49 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 66019 battles
Stopped reading after ‘I am by no means a good player’

Edited by hate_pubbehs, 13 February 2018 - 12:57 PM.

SOLOPUBE. 3 MoE: T54E1, Lowe, FV4202, M46KR, IS-2, AMX M4 45, FV201, Panther M10, ARL 44, Heavy Tank VI, VK 30.01 D, Excelsior, Renault G1R, ELC

Conan #11 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm okay

• Administrator
  • 8816 battles
  • [WG] WG

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to elaborate your feedback. 

I agree that it will be an end of an era because World of Tanks 1.0 is right around the corner. Am I saying this will fix every thing? No, we will gradually make changes to the game. 

World of Tanks 1.0 Beta is now available to try and the maps have changed a lot and not just graphically, the geography changes as well. 

Matchmaker? Yes, a lot of players are no longer happy with 3/5/7 and this is a discussion I've been having with everyone, both internally and with players. We are working make some changes on the matchmaker moving forward this year. 

2018 is a big year for us, we have a lot in store for it, it will just take incremental changes. If there's something you don't like tell us. Also as important is if we do something right, let us know as well. So thank you for your post.

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

Sir_Direkin #12 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:00 PM

First lieutenant

• 7428 battles

View PostZynth, on 12 February 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

No no, you misunderstand. We are on the dedicated server for noobs. It's just that there isn't a dedicated one for good players.

View Postjessica_raven, on 12 February 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

We need pve to seperate competitive plyr and casul. Put elite wall on pvp, say 50% before unlocked acces to tier above, or 1 gun marks. That way, even a plyr research and buy IS7 in pve, he still need to have 1 moe in every tanks below it before can use it in pvp. And gun marks only can be have in pvp. This is a win-win situation.

Having a separate server for the 50%+ would be nice as it'll allow those of us at the border line to get better, rather than getting dragged down which is what it feels like most of the time when you have a team full of shitters. It's not going to happen though.

It's been mentioned before, but having a PvE mode for casuals who "play for fun" would be a really good idea, as it'll allow better players to have fun in standard PvP. It'll also be great if they brought in WoWS style operations, but that'll have to come after the 1.0 update, if at all.

View Postspacewolf, on 13 February 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

Mate it's a game. Read guides, watch a couple of you tube vids, talk to goods. Learn. Your frustration levels will go down.

Also try not to take it too seriously.

Did you even read that wall of text? There's no amount of skill a single player can have that can make up for the shortcomings of an entire team of shitters. If you watch streams you'll see that players like Circon and Foch get really frustrated when they get such teams, and even they say there's nothing you can do. So you play a light or medium at bottom tier, and you do four times more damage that top tier heavies; there's only so much a single person can carry when the rest of the team are helping the enemy. Hell, Circon came close to a Direkin-style rage yesterday with the teams he was getting. Yesterday I had an abysmal win rate despite carrying quite a few. The teams on average had 12 out of 15 players with a sub-48% win rate.. and that was every game at tier 7/8. Plenty of games we could've won, but were simply thrown. Lots more lost because the teams melted away within minutes. Have you not ever seen streamers cutting their stream short out of frustration because of exactly this?

FramFramson #13 Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

Major

• 32173 battles

A player I've never heard of with an unremarkable record posts something about their quitting being the "End of an Era!"

Yeah, I know not to bother reading the wall of text that follows that.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

jessica_raven #14 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:42 PM

Major

• 18878 battles

View PostSir_Direkin, on 13 February 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Having a separate server for the 50%+ would be nice as it'll allow those of us at the border line to get better, rather than getting dragged down which is what it feels like most of the time when you have a team full of shitters. It's not going to happen though.

It's been mentioned before, but having a PvE mode for casuals who "play for fun" would be a really good idea, as it'll allow better players to have fun in standard PvP. It'll also be great if they brought in WoWS style operations, but that'll have to come after the 1.0 update, if at all.

WG probably wont like it since the harsh grind are their way of getting $$ from plyr, bad or guds. Even some good plyr wont like it because its drag out free dmg/xp pinata from random. A game where all 30 plyrs consist of those who at least can carry their own weight are not fun imo. If WG somehow make like wat I said above, I just simply goes to pve for sure.

JESSICA_RAVEN  (LVL 18 AVENGING TOMATOLORD)

ATK -☆☆☆        DEF-☆☆☆☆☆ 

AGILITY-☆☆   VISION-☆☆☆

SPIRIT-☆☆     GOLDSPAM-☆☆☆

SKRUB-YES

Chewmatca #15 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:33 AM

Staff sergeant

• 12761 battles

(Talking Tier 8 + Here)

Obj252U - Game wrecked.

Gold Rounds required for certain tanks - Game Wrecked.

Players "Pros" that just run Gold rounds - Game Wrecked. HTs are useless.

3/5/7 - Game Wrecked for Tier 8 Unless you are a PtW player.

Corridor Maps - Game Wrecked.

And whats with introducing new Obj 263-4 frontally invincible TDs that are faster than heavies, when every other tank has weak points? Lower plate is easy to obscure as its virtually non existent. Do you do this to stay employed so you need to review, have meetings then decide what youve just done is bullshit?

spacewolf #16 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:57 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 65785 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSir_Direkin, on 13 February 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

Did you even read that wall of text? There's no amount of skill a single player can have that can make up for the shortcomings of an entire team of shitters. If you watch streams you'll see that players like Circon and Foch get really frustrated when they get such teams, and even they say there's nothing you can do. So you play a light or medium at bottom tier, and you do four times more damage that top tier heavies; there's only so much a single person can carry when the rest of the team are helping the enemy. Hell, Circon came close to a Direkin-style rage yesterday with the teams he was getting. Yesterday I had an abysmal win rate despite carrying quite a few. The teams on average had 12 out of 15 players with a sub-48% win rate.. and that was every game at tier 7/8. Plenty of games we could've won, but were simply thrown. Lots more lost because the teams melted away within minutes. Have you not ever seen streamers cutting their stream short out of frustration because of exactly this?

I guess if you actually read my post, then you'd realise it applies to this too.

Yes I have seen streamers rage quit. What I have written still applies. Besides, there is no way you can't tell me it's sound advice to a sub 50%er.

I stopped running xvm a long time ago and can confirm not knowing how shit your team is certainly drops frustration. It makes you concentrate more on what tanks there are and where you're going on the map.

hate_pubbehs #17 Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:46 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 66019 battles
The game is well [edited] I wouldn’t advise anyone to spend more money on it just play it for fun until it ends

SOLOPUBE. 3 MoE: T54E1, Lowe, FV4202, M46KR, IS-2, AMX M4 45, FV201, Panther M10, ARL 44, Heavy Tank VI, VK 30.01 D, Excelsior, Renault G1R, ELC

MM_is_Broken #18 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:09 AM

Sergeant

• 8372 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

I still dont see how they can fix anything based on the actions already taken

Games mostly last 3-4 minutes with a 0ne sisded stompoing

If you think thats good oh well

Had a game other day 9 players did 0 damage

All they had to do was 10 damage each and it was a win

No idea where WG is going this year probally just some new shiney tanks

but it dont matter anymore complaining about stuff doesnt do anything anyway

SO gg  

[Content removed]

~neokai

MM_is_Broken #19 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:17 AM

Sergeant

• 8372 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

Like the other day this player was complaining that his cent 7/11 could not pen  a tier 8 russian 257 or whatever its called 

He stats were so bad he probally could not pen a banana 

You tell him hes just bad and he gets upset cause he thinks hes good

So many snowflakes cause most of the better players left 

I wonder why they left hmm i dont know  cause its past my pay grade

When is WG actually going to have an open discussion about the game and all aspects of the game with the WOT community and not hide stuff

[Content removed]

~neokai

Ezz #20 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:23 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 58782 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMM_is_Broken, on 14 February 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

When is WG actually going to have an open discussion about the game and all aspects of the game with the WOT community and not hide stuff

They claim they do, then wrap them up with a set of only approved questions, candid marketing speak answers and celebrate it as some crucial moment in their development direction - despite nothing changing. WG PR best PR.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users