New player. Changing server from EU to Asia ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ImrQns #1 Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:30 AM

Private

• 0 battles

Hey there. I just started playing WoT couple of days ago. I was introduced to it via WoTB in Steam (+4000 battles with 51% WR, tier 1 to 4). At the time of downloading, i wasnt aware of this problem. The account registration and subsequent logins are tied to EU servers... I want to play on Asia server, hoping for a better ping. Ping to EU is worst from my country.

In WoTB, i play mostly on Arabia server with around 150-250 ping, some times on EU (+300 ping most of time) and some times I play on Asia (ping is mostly around 100-150 but it has unplayable small player base for my tier 1-4). I can use same in-game name and email address on Arabia/EU both, but had to re-register when I chose Asia server... But yes! with same email and in-game name.

In WoT, when I try to re-register on Asia with same email/name, it tells me the email is already registered and username already exists. That is, unlike WoTB, i cant change servers even with re-registering, i.e, re-registering is not possible in first place?

So, how can I play on Asia server while the account was registered/Tied to EU server? Please note, I am not asking for a "TRANSFER". Its ok if I have to restart from standard starter account.

There are some mods etc... but i am not sure if these may create some legal/stability issues. It has been suggested to redown entire package with Asian client ? I have no idea what to do.

I have googled around and no clear help...

Thanks

JOC469 #2 Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:17 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 66328 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
Are you sure that you haven’t previously registered? You could try the reset password process for your email.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

The_average_tanker #3 Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:57 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 9337 battles
  • [MCOAJ] MCOAJ

View PostJOC469, on 05 March 2018 - 02:47 AM, said:

Are you sure that you haven’t previously registered? You could try the reset password process for your email.

I had the same issue when i tried to create an alt on EU server. I had to use one of my other email id to create an account on EU.

To OP. You can try the region changer in aslains mod pack. it will help changing the region from EU to Asia. I personally have different clients for EU and Asia as the updates are one week apart and i do not want that to mess with my client.

As for the email i think you may have to create a new account with a fresh mail id. Which country are you from? because the servers are in singapore and if the site directed you to EU, you may be closer to EU servers than to asia servers.

I am from India and get 70 ping to Singapore server and 190 ping to EU server.

ImrQns #4 Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

Private

• 0 battles

Thank u so much for taking time and helping out, appreciated.

The Asia site prevented me from re-registering with same email and name I used on EU, so a diff email surely gonna be needed. I am from pakistan so im sure my ping to Asia will be ALOT better. Currently, to EU, ping stays 250-350 and some times above. I dont know how EU auto-directs pakistan to EU rather than Asia.

We have similar issue when playing DoTA2. So i guessed, i shud attempt Asia server. In DoTA2, with one click, a list of all available servers shows up. We can simultaneously check 3 servers to match in. The game then matches u to server on basis of ping as well as available number of players matching to ur skill levels. Just that easy. No different clients or emails or accounts... not even log-off and re-log ins needed. Idk, why its so weird on WG games lol

One more thing: Some guys talked about having multiple installations for different servers. Is that what u are referring as below:

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 05 March 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

To OP. You can try the region changer in aslains mod pack. it will help changing the region from EU to Asia. I personally have different clients for EU and Asia as the updates are one week apart and i do not want that to mess with my client.

Can u elaborate further? First, I will need to make a new account for a different account? Yes?

Secondly, why do u mean by client being messed up when updates are some time apart. Sorry, we dont have this weird issue with other games so i cant see it properly.

Thanks again.

The_average_tanker #5 Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:47 PM

• 9337 battles
  • [MCOAJ] MCOAJ

View PostImrQns, on 05 March 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

Thank u so much for taking time and helping out, appreciated.

The Asia site prevented me from re-registering with same email and name I used on EU, so a diff email surely gonna be needed. I am from pakistan so im sure my ping to Asia will be ALOT better. Currently, to EU, ping stays 250-350 and some times above. I dont know how EU auto-directs pakistan to EU rather than Asia.

WG directs people from south africa to NA server rather than the EU server (just WG things) even though EU is closer.

My brother logs in from Delhi and gets about 80-100 ping. So you should not be too far off depending on the routing your isp takes. Definitely will get better ping to the asia server.

We have similar issue when playing DoTA2. So i guessed, i shud attempt Asia server. In DoTA2, with one click, a list of all available servers shows up. We can simultaneously check 3 servers to match in. The game then matches u to server on basis of ping as well as available number of players matching to ur skill levels. Just that easy. No different clients or emails or accounts... not even log-off and re-log ins needed. Idk, why its so weird on WG games lol

One more thing: Some guys talked about having multiple installations for different servers. Is that what u are referring as below:

As for the region changer mod, it is a mod in the aslains modpack you can get from here http://aslain.com/. It allows you to change the region from na to eu to asia. but i tried using it and really does not work that well and is cumbersome

Well what i do is i have one installation for the Asia server on suppose my ssd (downloaded from the asia server). then i have on for the EU server on my harddisk (downloaded from the EU server). So i can have both independently.

Can u elaborate further? First, I will need to make a new account for a different account? Yes?

Yes you need a new account.

Secondly, why do u mean by client being messed up when updates are some time apart. Sorry, we dont have this weird issue with other games so i cant see it properly.

The updates on the asia server are one week behind the eu server. So suppose the EU server gets the update today, the client may be updated. then if you want to play on the asia server, you cannot as the update is not live on the asia server and will only reach here next week. If you want to play on both servers (like i do) better to have 2 different installations. If you only want to play on sea with better ping you will be better of with only one.

Thanks again.

samibsal #6 Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Private

• 1278 battles
hy
i have downloaded us server game accidently.do i need to redownload whole game to play on asia server? or if i download asia server and copy download files to asia server folder.

The_average_tanker #7 Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:21 PM

• 9337 battles
  • [MCOAJ] MCOAJ
Hi. What you can do is either copy the whole folder to new location (name as WoT_Asia) and then download the downloader from the asia server. During the installation, give the location of the folder you downloaded. it should then change that to the asia server client. that is how i remember doing it ( I have both EU and Asia client in my pc).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users