• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Bolagnaise #41 Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:54 AM

Captain

• Live Streamer
  • 22575 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostJOC469, on 16 April 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

Well done Conana and others for the Brisbane meet. Had a great time even though I didn’t stay long. I left with a code so I was happy - yay free stuff! Sure I would have liked a mug or an umbrella to put on my shelf but it’s not like I would have used it. To be honest I play an online tank game so I don’t have to be around actual people. TS is usually enough contact.

It was great to see Conana (albeit briefly) and for him to actually recognise me was pretty awesome too. Saw some of the (in)famous TE boys there which was good. Kudos to Saffee for coming all the way up to Brisbane.

I should have brought a few more of the second series gift boxes to give away. I have a couple more at home with expired codes -maybe the WG boys could do something with them?

Thanks for the box. Going to use it as a prop. 

Replay Thread        Twitch Channel     Youtube Channel      3 MoE

"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."                   

“They loaded nothing but gold in a tier 8 game in their platoon of 55a's. They don't even aim when they know their Heat rounds will pen all, just too lazy to aim I guess. I wonder why these blue players need to do that? Do they call it stat padding or are they just scared of losing?”

Aussie_Kozzy #42 Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:04 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 354 battles
  • [SEALS] SEALS

View PostD_E_L, on 17 April 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

Perth?

Potentially, but no promises. We look at where our players are and then figure out if we have the base there to support a good event :) I like to think that our recent trip to Brisbane and Christchurch shows that we're willing to go beyond the usual Syd/Melb events :) 

DeadArashi #43 Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 12496 battles
  • [FRAP] FRAP

Enjoyed the Brisbane event. Had a good time. Met faces behind the name. The smaller number of people made it easier to meet everyone but as others have pointed out, a larger venue probably would have been better.

Bit disapointed I missed out on grabbing an umbrella and bonus code. People takin 2-3 of each made them all disappear before I could get my hands on one :arta:

Personally feel the Sydney event was overall a better experiance because of the larger venue and more going on

IMC_Jimmy #44 Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:03 AM

Hold my beer, I've got this!

• 18243 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Adelaide would be awesome 
www.twitch.tv/imc_jimmy tonking at it's most sillyest #Tier 4 Clan Wars Plz

Centurion_IRL #45 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:09 PM

Fighting Irish

• Senior Moderator
  • 28587 battles

View PostProfanisaurus, on 17 April 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

...but you'd have to go to Palmerston North.

I know but at least I get to leave and go back to Hawkes Bay!

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

TheBudgiesmuggler #46 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

Sergeant

• 23422 battles
  • [DOGS-] DOGS-

View Postfluffymouse, on 16 April 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

TO Victor Kislyi> Gamers in CHRISTCHURCH on the night of 12 APRIL were promised as follows;(this is what they sent us)

Hey Commanders! We’re looking forward to welcoming you at the Pegasus Arms Hotel this Thursday to talk all about 1.0! Representing our Wargaming team will be Alex de Giorgio (Regional Product Director), James Kozanecki (Player Experience Manager, ANZ) and Joey Garcia (aka ‘Conan’ Community Evangelist). We’d love to make sure that any and all questions you have about 1.0 can be answered for you, so to make sure we can get to everyone if you have anything you’re particularly burning to ask submit it as a reply to this email! If we can’t answer it for you on the night we can keep a record and get back to you here.

What we got. (about 80 stakeholder gamers turned up..mixture of grown men,fathers with children,some Mothers with Children,Older Teens )

1. When I arrived the first thing I saw was there was a large screen with quicky baby commenting.

BUT the broadband/wifi was NOT working.

Not even one tank game in 1.0 could be shown without the game freezing every 1 min. 

2. No computer stations were set up for gamers to try playing new maps. Not hard to do. Players next to me with their kids mentioned this to me.

3. Little if no Merchadise was evident. WOT James Kozanecki (player experience??? manager??) kept promising the merchandise following this event. Friday 13 April went by. Pergasus arms pub was caught in the middle fielding calls BUT confirmed even though email came to us, None arrived. Now its NZT 1900hrs 16 APRIL (Monday)..promised again today...still no promised merchandise.

4. Lastly. THE BIG ONE. Your rolling out some of the greatest gaming changes ever to hit gamers in WOT. Now I expected a discussion about the maps, the graphics, the things in development, the fps issue, etc. Even one discussion, please???

Nothing was discussed formally. You could argue that this above email did not promise this format?. All we got was a 45s announcement by Alex of a welcome. 

5. Food and drink was in plentiful supply. Some people were fortunate to grab a large WOT engraved clear mug to drink from. Mainly grown men and definitely no kids got one. Surely the kids should get first chance if there is limited stock . My kids talked about for this for a whole month. You know the type of thing," ..what if we get lots of gold...what if we get this...cant wait..".

Overall, Victor, you had a great opportunity to impress 80 stakeholders with this marvelous 1.0 roll out and to SPOIL rotten your loyal players. 

>Your employees have not followed through. I am disappointed as so are my kids. 

And I was disappointed about the venue for the Australian players, 79 guys 1 girl crammed into a tiny room above the pub with no aircon, typical pub snack food(yuck), stuff all merchandise I missed out on the free "umbrella" as some1 helped themselves to a couple, the free pack was whoopee do 500gold + 1 day prem which disappeared as players were seen grabbing handfuls, oh a 1ltr glass stein mug with the WoT logo, as for the game we were watching some non English speaking unicum from Russia on a 50 inch screen [edited] Wargaming..... This goes to show how little you think of the Australian playing community as opposed to some other servers.....And I want my free umbrella

​ 

MM_is_Broken #47 Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:46 PM

Sergeant

• 15364 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

Palmerston North be good i wouldnt have to travel

Cause ya all want to chat with ,me:popcorn:

RIP MUM 02/08/2018 May your spirit carry me on till we meet again 

MM_is_Broken #48 Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:49 PM

Sergeant

• 15364 battles
  • [F-S] F-S