40 replies to this topic

rhys_fighter #1 Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:35 PM

Corporal

• 2423 battles
I just bought binocular and I don't know if it is worth 500k

Astorias #2 Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:52 PM

Corporal

• 22042 battles

Yes. It's worth every single penny. I find Binos very useful for passive scouting in light tanks and when I bush camp in any TD (easier in turreted TDs). But you should have waited for equipment discount event for buying. Anyways, try to learn about the tank you wish to equip with Binos before equipping. And don't even think to put Binos on any heavy tank. God will punish you.

Enjoy the game!!!

Zynth #3 Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:08 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 23028 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Binocs are useful only for certain tanks. I prefer a much more well rounded Coated Optics due to not having the strict condition of having to stand still for 3 seconds.

Unless desperate, I do not suggest buying equipment at the full price of 500k credits. Wait for discounts to happen, you can get up to 50% discount on your equipment. The same goes for purchasing tanks. In the case of consumables, you might want to stock up on them during discount periods as well.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

Jurrunio #4 Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:01 PM

First lieutenant

• 17042 battles
  • [-AW-] -AW-

I only buy them when the 50% discount is on.

It is useful on some tanks particularly for camping tanks with good view range (M4A1 Revolver, Hellcat etc). Not as useful as it was on light tanks since WG increased their mobility and decreased their guns' DPM, making them all more capable in active scouting.

How can armor in the game be stronger?

Make shell fly wide more, and let RNG control that.

kickim #5 Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:52 PM

First lieutenant

• 41556 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Binos, camo net and tool box can transfer to other tank without cost so it will still be worth it even at full price.

Binos, nets and tool box for me are default equipment on new tanks until i figure out what goes better, then i swap them out.

But as you get more tanks in your garage, you will need more n more equipment... try to save up a mil or so and wait for equip discounts which comes once every few months. Optics n Vstabs can be used in most tanks so stock up a few when u can.

i prolly have more than 10 sets of binos, nets equipped on my tanks. And whenever there is a discount, i usually buy a few spare ones and other equipment in preparation for the next tank i buy.

Vader108 #6 Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:38 PM

Sergeant

• 42303 battles

View Postkickim, on 06 April 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

Binos, camo net and tool box can transfer to other tank without cost so it will still be worth it even at full price.

Binos, nets and tool box for me are default equipment on new tanks until i figure out what goes better, then i swap them out.

i prolly have more than 10 sets of binos, nets equipped on my tanks. And whenever there is a discount, i usually buy a few spare ones and other equipment in preparation for the next tank i buy.

Yes agreed, I often dump Binoc’s, camo and toolbox on new tanks till I work out what works best for that tank.

i also agree with buying equipment you don’t need just yet when it’s 50% off.

But now pro tip - install XVM mod and it will auto transfer the free (as in don’t pay gold to move) equipment for you from tank to tank.

no need to for 10 binocs, camo nets or tool boxes, just a couple of each and let XVM do the work :D

Flying_Elite #7 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:37 PM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 26371 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostJurrunio, on 16 March 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

It is useful on some tanks particularly for camping tanks with good view range (M4A1 Revolver, Hellcat etc). Not as useful as it was on light tanks since WG increased their mobility and decreased their guns' DPM, making them all more capable in active scouting.

Uh...Binos on the Rev is a huge nono... you'd get more out of it by buying optics for it. With a decent crew you'd get as close to the cap as necessary. 

Spoiler

Clerin #8 Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:38 PM

Sergeant

• 22409 battles
  • [_MW_] _MW_

View PostFlying_Elite, on 11 April 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

Uh...Binos on the Rev is a huge nono... you'd get more out of it by buying optics for it. With a decent crew you'd get as close to the cap as necessary. 

LEL  REV can be a good MT. too bad you cant trade 1v1

Fun_D3str0y3r_Saffe #9 Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:48 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 35696 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostAstorias, on 16 March 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

Yes. It's worth every single penny. I find Binos very useful for passive scouting in light tanks and when I bush camp in any TD (easier in turreted TDs). But you should have waited for equipment discount event for buying. Anyways, try to learn about the tank you wish to equip with Binos before equipping. And don't even think to put Binos on any heavy tank. God will punish you.

Enjoy the game!!!

Dont put binocs on LTs.

If you are just sitting in a bush the whole game you are doing it wrong.

Always optics as there are to many maps where you cant just sit in a bush. 

View PostJurrunio, on 16 March 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

If you put binocs on an M4 ravioli you really are doing it wrong.

Again coated optics. 

View PostVader108, on 11 April 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Yes agreed, I often dump Binoc’s, camo and toolbox on new tanks till I work out what works best for that tank.

i also agree with buying equipment you don’t need just yet when it’s 50% off.

But now pro tip - install XVM mod and it will auto transfer the free (as in don’t pay gold to move) equipment for you from tank to tank.

no need to for 10 binocs, camo nets or tool boxes, just a couple of each and let XVM do the work :D

Im not sure what you mean by "what works out the best for the tank"

Gun rammer / vstab / optics or vents is pretty much just the universal setup yo ushould run on all tanks.

Lower tiers I guess vstab is not an option so either optics or GLD depending on tank. 

Edited by NiceGuy_Saffe, 11 April 2018 - 08:58 PM.

"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
FeelsBirthday

Napalmer #10 Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:55 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 40401 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Only time I run binos on a tank is if I know it's going to be static. Swedish TDs are a great example.

Low tier tanks that have poor base view range that can afford to be static are also an example.

That being said, as Saffe pointed out you can't be static the entire game.

Edited by Napalmer, 11 April 2018 - 08:56 PM.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, IS-3, T-54, T57 Heavy, IS-7

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

Clerin #11 Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

Sergeant

• 22409 battles
  • [_MW_] _MW_

View PostNapalmer, on 11 April 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

Only time I run binos on a tank is if I know it's going to be static. Swedish TDs are a great example.

Low tier tanks that have poor base view range that can afford to be static are also an example.

That being said, as Saffe pointed out you can't be static the entire game.

Just a dumb question is it better to put bino's or optics on tier 5 LT?

NameWasStolenStresslevel #12 Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:16 PM

First lieutenant

• 34256 battles

yes binos is good in light tanks, TDs and any low tier tank (am i forgeting any other class?)

binos is not good to have on high tier mediums, heavy tanks, spgs.

I use binos in all my light tanks. 1st because most maps arent for scouting anyway, so that means they are corridor maps, in other words, you dont need view range in these maps anyway, so you can keep binos instead of optics because you wouldnt get any benefit from coated optics in a corridor map (the standard view range in the light tank will be enought to spot everything), so having binos in that slot will not affect your performace, and when the map rotation gets lucky and you have a bigger open field map, the binos will come handy to counter spot other lights and swedish TDs hiding behind bushes...(but you need to get in advanced, somtimes risky positions)

I have scouted so many swedish TDs and french light tanks this way  :teethhappy:

anyway since its not a complex equippent its a very good equippent to leave in any tank that have an empty slot and you dont wanna spend gold demonting (it demonts for free), i always use binos in any low tier tank that i am grinding credits or grinding towards higher tiers, that one slot you dont wanna spend with complex equippent always fit well a good and old binos. 

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 11 April 2018 - 09:38 PM.

Forum Guy: "All that Marks of Excelence does is to encourage Damage farming over winning".

Me: "YES sir, MOE does encourage dmg farm over winning, just like winning does encourages: YOLO, Camping far back, gold spamming,"world of capping" mindset, OP premium tier 8's purchases, chat rage, platooning to farm win ratio, toxicity, seal clubbing, arty spam etc..... So i guess winning is much more toxic and bad behavior than dmg farming???"  Wait a minute, wow no one has ever thought about that this way??? Then I must be a genius                                                                                                                                                            https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

MagicalFlyingFox #13 Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:03 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28036 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostClerin, on 11 April 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

Just a dumb question is it better to put bino's or optics on tier 5 LT?

depends on the LT, but generally optics and a good crew. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Fun_D3str0y3r_Saffe #14 Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:42 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 35696 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 12 April 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

yes binos is good in light tanks, TDs and any low tier tank (am i forgeting any other class?)

binos is not good to have on high tier mediums, heavy tanks, spgs.

I use binos in all my light tanks. 1st because most maps arent for scouting anyway, so that means they are corridor maps, in other words, you dont need view range in these maps anyway, so you can keep binos instead of optics because you wouldnt get any benefit from coated optics in a corridor map (the standard view range in the light tank will be enought to spot everything), so having binos in that slot will not affect your performace, and when the map rotation gets lucky and you have a bigger open field map, the binos will come handy to counter spot other lights and swedish TDs hiding behind bushes...(but you need to get in advanced, somtimes risky positions)

I have scouted so many swedish TDs and french light tanks this way  :teethhappy:

anyway since its not a complex equippent its a very good equippent to leave in any tank that have an empty slot and you dont wanna spend gold demonting (it demonts for free), i always use binos in any low tier tank that i am grinding credits or grinding towards higher tiers, that one slot you dont wanna spend with complex equippent always fit well a good and old binos. 

Incorrect. incorrect incorrect, 

You do need view range on all the city maps. 

And on city maps you need to learn how to be a damage dealer as spotting is pointless in a lot of cases. 

you should not binocs on Light tanks You should optics, that's it :E

Edited by NiceGuy_Saffe, 11 April 2018 - 10:43 PM.

"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
FeelsBirthday

NameWasStolenStresslevel #15 Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:57 PM

First lieutenant

• 34256 battles

View PostNiceGuy_Saffe, on 11 April 2018 - 11:42 PM, said:

Incorrect. incorrect incorrect, 

You do need view range on all the city maps. 

And on city maps you need to learn how to be a damage dealer as spotting is pointless in a lot of cases. 

you should not binocs on Light tanks You should optics, that's it :E

i never said we dont need view range on city maps, i said the extra view range provided by optics is not as important as an empty slot, unless the crew is not even 100% ofc.

I have 3 marked t49 and all other american light tanks except the sheridan this way - with the binos instead of optics (on the sheridan got to 94,5%). So this could be something related to play style. Wouldnt say its incorrect 3x times, especially for someone just starting the game like the op.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 11 April 2018 - 10:58 PM.

Forum Guy: "All that Marks of Excelence does is to encourage Damage farming over winning".

Me: "YES sir, MOE does encourage dmg farm over winning, just like winning does encourages: YOLO, Camping far back, gold spamming,"world of capping" mindset, OP premium tier 8's purchases, chat rage, platooning to farm win ratio, toxicity, seal clubbing, arty spam etc..... So i guess winning is much more toxic and bad behavior than dmg farming???"  Wait a minute, wow no one has ever thought about that this way??? Then I must be a genius                                                                                                                                                            https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Fun_D3str0y3r_Saffe #16 Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:04 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 35696 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 12 April 2018 - 01:57 AM, said:

i never said we dont need view range on city maps, i said the extra view range provided by optics is not as important as an empty slot, unless the crew is not even 100% ofc.

I have 3 marked t49 and all other american light tanks except the sheridan this way - with the binos instead of optics (on the sheridan got to 94,5%). So this could be something related to play style. Wouldnt say its incorrect 3x times, especially for someone just starting the game like the op.

You dont need to justify that it works about your 3 marks, that does not mean much. No offence

But you can either take advice from someone who is better at light tanks then you or you can ignore it, thats up to you. 

I am not saying it wont work, off course binocs is better then not using any equipment at all, that is pretty obvious.

But you are saying that you should use binocs. that is wrong

If you have a choice you should always choose optics.

Edited by NiceGuy_Saffe, 11 April 2018 - 11:08 PM.

FeelsBirthday

NameWasStolenStresslevel #17 Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:11 PM

First lieutenant

• 34256 battles

View PostNiceGuy_Saffe, on 12 April 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

You dont need to justify that it works about your 3 marks :)

But you can either take advice from someone who is better at light tanks then you or you can ignore it, thats up to you. 

I am not saying it wont work, off course binocs is better then not using any equipment at all, that is pretty obvious.

But you are saying that you should use binocs. that is wrong

If you have a choice you should always choose optics.

i am not sayign i am the best light tanker here, taking advice is okay, but i am not the one asking for advice here, we are talkign about a new player. If he wants to play aggressive light tank and get to positions he dont even know about in first place, he would have far more sucess playing MTs instead of lights. The 94% marks i got on my sheridan proves that binos is not a bad idea compared to optics, i am an average player, and if i got to that point then the op can do it as well.

When i play lights i play aggressively, i dont camp, never missed having optics instead of binos, simply because if you are doing it aggressively you basically spotting all thats needed with your standard view range. Binos is a good choice over optics, specially for the budget aspect of it. Playing city maps most of the time and can assure the op the unless he have a bad crew, he wont miss the optics.

Fun_D3str0y3r_Saffe #18 Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:17 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 35696 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 12 April 2018 - 02:11 AM, said:

i am not sayign i am the best light tanker here, taking advice is okay, but i am not the one asking for advice here, we are talkign about a new player. If he wants to play aggressive light tank and get to positions he dont even know about in first place, he would have far more sucess playing MTs instead of lights. The 94% marks i got on my sheridan proves that binos is not a bad idea compared to optics, i am an average player, and if i got to that point then the op can do it as well.

When i play lights i play aggressively, i dont camp, never missed having optics instead of binos, simply because if you are doing it aggressively you basically spotting all thats needed with your standard view range. Binos is a good choice over optics, specially for the budget aspect of it. Playing city maps most of the time and can assure the op the unless he have a bad crew, he wont miss the optics.

No you are not the one asking for advice but you are giving out advice which is incorrect. 

Like I said you are entailed to your opinion but advising new players to get binocs over optics is simply wrong.

"Binos is a good choice over optics"

Again, if you dont have the credits, sure. otherwise, no it's not a good choice. 
It's a better choice then using toolbox or camo net, but not optics. 

Just because you dont miss something does not make it correct,

Go and watch every top player on their streams from across all regions and you will see that they use optics just like myself simply because  7-8 times out of 10 you are in situations where binocs are pointless as you can do the same thing with optics while moving.

Want to park in E1 on Prok to sit there passive scouting 1-2 line for 10 minutes, yeah sure use binocs. 

but out of 100 games how often do you get prok? 2-3 times? 

Edited by NiceGuy_Saffe, 12 April 2018 - 12:20 PM.

FeelsBirthday

Buff_Hamster #19 Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:07 PM

Scrub Lord

• 9763 battles
The only tanks that should binox imo are TDs and even then only a very small handful should have it. 103B and maybe the grille 15 at tier 10

NameWasStolenStresslevel #20 Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:26 PM

First lieutenant

• 34256 battles

Saffee i would never park in e1 in prok  or other predictable bushes/spots (if thats the way binos people use it), there are a plenty of other places and or areas to use it. People who watch youtube tips tend to follow to much protocols. but its definitly worth watchin for learning somethin here and there, not to be followed throughfully tho.

But as i am responding the op question "is a 500k binos worth it?" Yes i think it is, you can use in a lots of tanks without using gold to demounting so i think is definitly worth. Especially depending on what are u aiming at in this game. Not everyone is aming to be the top pro unicum like the youtubers saffe's mentionade. The question could be for the finantial aspect of it too!

I think if you saffe dont like binos over optics, then i have been playing with an "empty" slot this whole time, and still manage to be less bad than most people who follow your guides throughfully and watch those youtubers tips (for example using optics over binos). How many 47-51% wr players out there are currently using all the gear that is recommended by the pro unicums? Most of them!!! I frankly dont care having an empty slot in city maps, 55% wr in the sheridan is better than many other people using optics over binos... And i have thousand of games on it, not a couple of lucky hundred ones!

now for an average player who dont care about being in the top 1-5% of this game, being around 90% marks is more than enough and even good if you include the "casual players". No everyone aims to be pro like you safee!!:rolleyes::D

but hey for you new guys: folow the pro guys tips ofc for more details and watch those utube videos (indeed it does help), but it does not necessarily and automatictly means that just because you are using all the top gear that the unicums are recomending you will instantly become "good". It just means you are using the same equippement they use, and thats all.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 12 April 2018 - 01:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users