How to avoid shots from artillery?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

rhys_fighter #1 Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:36 PM

Corporal

• 3384 battles

I need some advice on how you avoid spg if I get spotted because that's always the reason why I'm dying.

thx

Wodka_Warrior #2 Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 19761 battles

Short answer....play ships instead.

Long answer....do NOT stay still once spotted.

Don't drive in a straight line and use houses and rocks as cover.

Killing the enemy scout early also helps.

All of this is pointless of course if there is 3 arty so yeah...gl&hf.

don_WarDaddy_AVI #3 Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:42 PM

No Party, Without Arty!

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 1258 battles

there is no full proof trick to avoid the eyes which sees all :arta:

• but as others mentioned, taking out, if possible, scouts early in the game gives u less headache because their won't be any spotter for the arties.
  • take cover behind the buildings or dead tanks. 
  • don't stay still and shoot in open.
  • once spotted, try to relocate of make to-n-fro motion, as moving target is always hard to hit.

xXRainbowAssassinx #4 Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:26 PM

No hOpE left.

• 27155 battles
  • [REHAB] REHAB

You can't avoid it. It's a broken game mechanic that WG refuse to fix because too many craptards play that class and will whine about it if removed. 

The best you can do is just keep moving around and hope for the best. 

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #5 Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:51 AM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles
Check my sig, it will save you lots of crying time if you act now. Still early for you, so no "ive dedicated to much time in this" bullcrap excuse like arty nvr existed ever from day 1.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

Angus775n #6 Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:10 AM

Sergeant

• 61871 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

Use the backslope of hills and ridges, harder for arty to hit there.

Get unspotted and hope the arty focuses someone else. For this to work knowing the reload time of the arty and awareness of who else on your team is spotted will help.

At choke points if you have 3 or 4 of your team poking, consider how good a target that is for arty, consider relocating or timing pokes to avoid the arty splash.

spacewolf #7 Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:22 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 73690 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Be more dynamic.

Proudly sponsored by WG

rhys_fighter #8 Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:02 AM

Corporal

• 3384 battles
Everyone thanks for your advice I will consider everything.

kickim #9 Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:17 AM

First lieutenant

• 53320 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI

play arty, then you will know their limitations such as range, arc, shell time, reload time, accuracy (or lack of).

then u will know, where are arty safe sectors, times, hard covers, arty hiding spots.....etc

there's a whole new branch of knowledge waiting to be unlocked.

MagicalFlyingFox #10 Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:34 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32967 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

The best way to avoid arty is to play arty, and use your WASD keys to move after you fire.

The best way for me to avoid arty is to play an account with worse stats. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Mystblade #11 Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:28 AM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 14492 battles
  • [MIHI] MIHI
Learning things like double bushing to not break camp will help as if you can stay unspotted it will def help. Also learning where on maps arty struggle to hit will also help. Fighting in open fields is a shire way to draw arty fire. Also slow moving tanks seem to be arty magnets. 

Tobias_Reaper #12 Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:39 PM

Corporal

• 12099 battles
  • [MCOAJ] MCOAJ

View Postrhys_fighter, on 18 March 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

I need some advice on how you avoid spg if I get spotted because that's always the reason why I'm dying.

thx

This might be the worst advice given in this thread...But per chance if you are in a tier 5-6 HT , and having 3 Arty-s each game( which is a given in the current MM)....Just camp behind a good cover, and let the 6 [edited]@rs sort it out between themselves. Some LT-s and 1-2 TD s will die from both side..And when you see there are no square shapes left, charge and pilage ☺️

NameWasStolenStresslevel #13 Posted 16 August 2018 - 03:49 AM

Captain

• 43230 battles

if u driving fast tanks there is a chance arty hasnt choose you to be following you the entire game trying to splash dmg or one shot kill you. If you playing slow tanks, then there is also a higher chance arty will choose you as target and will shoot you the whole time until it kills you, or just the whole time until it leaves you cripped, with 1HP left or until them ran out of bullets or, in the most cases, until they have to replenish their basket of whatevers food and drink their arty eating while waiting on the reload timers or even during the "action" since they only really need to use one hand while playing arty..

The most regretful thing u can do is  to think that "you are safe now" behind a rock or any kind of structure that may poses as an obstacle for arty fire, because most arty in the game will easily hit you behind buildings, will easily take advantage of broken splash dmg and stun dmg mechanics to annoy you until you leave that position you are that prevents arty from hitting you directly and dealing anything more than the "small" 300dmg per shot that it was dealing against your tanks when you were "safe" behind the big cover, since for wargaming 300 dmg splashed is too small and reflects perfectly the result of their "balance" team decisions that led to the development and release of the so called "arty nerf patch" LOL.

So to be honest with you the best way to avoid artilery fire is:

1- Push/drive towards arty as fast as you can. The faster you die, the less chance of being hit by arty you will have;

2 - Be very bad player. Arty tend to focus on single targets even tho WG "thinks" that it solved the problem with arty focus, they gave arty better gun, better reload, better splash dmg, created stun mechanics and called it "nerf" because they thought that by buffing arty they would also be incidentally nerfing it. Try to understand that logic... Arty will leave bad players for later and will pick on priority targets to be shooting at the whole day. Sometimes they use special 3rd party softwares that allow them to see who are most likely bad, and who is most likely good, and then they can prioritize their targets. Sometimes they dont use softwares, they decide who they will prioritize depending on the amount of fear and urine/piss you make their body release. IF you are bad, chances are arty will not shoot you until late game. The oposite will happen if you are just sligly better than your team;

3 - Drive the most heavily armored tank you can find and equip it with spallliner. It wont stop you from getting hit by arty, instead it will intensify arty shooting at you even if you are not a threat as player and have other better players around you. That happens because arty players are usually very bad players, with bad coordination, bad reaction time, bad sight, bad decision makers, and bad of the brain, so they will always shoot the bigger targets whenever they can, because its easy dmg, free easy dmg and they can hit you the whole game coz u are slow and easy to focus on, and you should also remember gold spammers will pierce your armor too most likely, unless u are truly skilled;

4 - Drive the most light and fast tank you can find. Equip it with things that improve your view range, and then just go arty hunting!!! Because is there any better way to avoid arty fire and also free your team from having to get hit by arty the whole game??? You are in a mission, SPGs, arty, are usually driven by bad players, and on the top of that they tend to tunnel vision when they are focusing and doing their harm with their arty. So it might be easy to sneak up on them and kill them fast;

5 - unistall the game or give it a break. Because, this is the 100% proved working way that will stop you from getting hit by arty. All the rest like "keep moving", "use cover", "learn to time arty reload timers" will not work most of the time depending on the amount of arty, how well equipped that arty is, the type of shell its firing (gold have more splash radius that allow for dealing dmg even if if its not directly hitting your tank). So de solution is simple, you quit, you unistall, or u just give a break and go play something else.

6 - Play as arty. Counter battery killed by another arty rarely happens because arty is "busy" shooting red dots that pop out on their screen. So arty is on of the easiest and safest confort zone class you can choose in this game.

7 - Do something like this: 

8 - Quit the game. 

hope i have helped. If u like my proposals leave me a thumb up to reward me.

thx

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 16 August 2018 - 04:13 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

spacewolf #14 Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:59 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 73690 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I guess the easiest way to avoid being hit by arty, is by killing the arty on your team. 

This will deter that player from playing it in future, but it will also give you a game ban.

You can't be hit by arty if you're banned.

You're welcome. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

jumphonner #15 Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:43 PM

First lieutenant

• 56121 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Use the W key

BOT

2 MoE: KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU100, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

As seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard

Skrublord! Not another cent WG. Former Wallet Warrior.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users