Ok, I've had enough: Racial discrimination/vilification permitted

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

WoT_Hater #1 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:15 PM

Private

• 19006 battles

See below what I sent to support.
I don't expect any, as support offers no support.
I'm over seeing this too many times.
It's not up to me, or any other player, to filter this conduct.
It is up to Wargaming (WoT).
I fully intend to lodge paperwork in 7 days, on behalf of all Asia players, being subject to such abuse reptitively and without constraint by the service provider.
Maybe I have the WoT's legal departments attention now?
Sought it out, or prepare for the paperwork. :)

[Content removed]
I have observed this on multiple occasions, reported and raised in general chat.
A helpful chat admin (nikoea, or similar) suggested I record replays, sorry but that's BS.

You have a legal obligation to prevent racial vilification/discrimination & I do not have to prove it.
Check your logs re: this player
You have the resources to filter & identify.
I have the resources to present the paperwork to commence a "Class Action" on behalf of all Asia members for being subject to such unrestrained abuse, promoted by a commercial entity?
Do I have your attention yet?

Rectify the issue, or be prepared for court attendance notices to be served.
I'm 48 years old and don't like the comments, my kids & grand child are subject to them via your unfiltered (even when reported) content.
WoT is great at making money, not so good at Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)?
Probably better at corporate social irresponsibility (CSI) it seems.

I'm a current mature age uni student & will utilise all available resources to ensure this matter is laid to rest with a suitable outcome.
I can lodge a battle for "peanuts" that will cost Wargaming (WoT) a lot of money to fight.
First, WoT must justify their stand-point??

Regards,
CountryTripper
(aka Marty).

NB Posted in open forums also. I am not a "happy camper".
Shutdown racist discrimination/vilification immediately!
No further discussion needed.

Name and Shame; User warned, content removed.

~neokai

Edited by neokai, 19 March 2018 - 10:34 PM.

photo ctsigwmjmt3_zpszwatgxoh.png 

MagicalFlyingFox #2 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:25 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35566 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

View PostCountryTripper, on 20 March 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

I can lodge a battle for "peanuts" that will cost Wargaming (WoT) a lot of money to fight.
First, WoT must justify their stand-point??

This will set a precedent that will absolutely destroy the online gaming industry, so the chances of this succeeding are Zero, even before we start to bring in any reasons. 

Just use the ignore function.

WG gave you a means to help them give the guy a ban, all you needed to do was send in a replay file which you can turn on in your settings, and just send it to them. 

If you can't do that, well its not going help in court...

I expect this case to be thrown out very quickly (as soon as they see it potentially), you are just wasting your own time and energy, and potentially money. 

I mean, games aren't rated on their online interactions...

Anyways, good luck in your legal battle, i wish you all the best. 

actually that class action lawsuit that you are threatening with.

lol.

just... lol.

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 19 March 2018 - 10:27 PM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

RainbowAssassin #3 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:26 PM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 40998 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

Since this is a serious discussion thread...

Grand kids at 48?

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS-4, IS-7, T57 Heavy Tank, FV217 Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Object 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Object 277, T-100 LT, Object 907, Jagdpanzer E 100, Bat.-châtillon 25 t, WZ 111 model 5A, FV215b, Centurion Action X, Object 430U, Type 5 Heavy, 60TP Lewandowskiego, T-62A, T110E4, E100, TVP T 50/51, OBJ. 260, T110E3, STB-1, FV4005 Stage II, T95/FV4201, M48A5 Patton, E 50 Ausf. M, 113, Strv 103B, Obj. 268 4, AMX 13 105, Panhard EBR 105, Foch 155, K-91, T110E5

MagicalFlyingFox #4 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:28 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35566 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 20 March 2018 - 01:26 AM, said:

Since this is a serious discussion thread...

Grand kids at 48?

Why not? have kids at early 20s, those kids have kids at early 20s, grandparent by 48. 

Zynth #5 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:28 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 27020 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

neokai #6 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:37 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• 41355 battles

Thread closed.

~neokai

I offered personally to help. You just want to see the world burn. Shame on me for wanting to believe.

Spoiler

MagicalFlyingFox #7 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:02 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35566 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

Oooh its back. 

6 days to go?

Ezz #8 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 74643 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Quick Asian Koalas, before the closed unclosed thread gets closed again. 

Personally i embrace the multicultural nature of our servers. Especially the Sydney one. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

spacewolf #9 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 77139 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I for one welcome our new racist overlords. Especially if they are sharks driving cane harvesters. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

neokai #10 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:34 PM

• 41355 battles

Thread reopened to update on situation. Said user accused of spouting genocidal, racist crap has been permanently chatbanned from WoT.

To allay fears of moderator misjudgment for this drastic action, I'm revealing the factors behind this drastic decision and some of the mechanisms that led to it. Hopefully, this should assure folks that "serious" chatbans are not issued willy-nilly, and a glimpse into the due process before such chatbans are issued.

As part of name/shaming rules, the user punished will not be named.

The case history should also reveal some of the shortcomings of the present moderator system, and also how YOU can help make this gaming environment welcome and conducive to all folks.

Case History

Spoiler

Reasons for the direct to perma chatban are as follows:

• Consistent, persistent offence record over an extended period of time (Apr '17, Jul '17, Aug '17)
  • Previous, identical offence of a grievous nature (Nazi glorification, remarks promoting genocide)

Points that were a factor in consideration:

• Chatlogs reveals a compulsive need to offend (holocaust remarks and glorification started from 2.41pm that only ended at 22.59pm)

Spoiler

spacewolf #11 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 77139 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Good that this resulted in a perma chatban.

Bad that they aren't a harvester driving shark. They also need bans.

Proudly sponsored by WG

neokai #12 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:53 PM

• 41355 battles

If I were to pull said user's chatlogs, I suspect I will see the same spiel of hate speech extending back to Oct 2017. The problem will be that it is posted in battle, where only 29 other players will see it. The odds of a moderator (there are about 12 moderators in the team, out of a server pop of 15-20k players) being in the same battle are slim.

Long story short, moderators have blind spots. We can't be everywhere, and we cannot (and should not) routinely pull chatlogs of players. Beyond the sheer logistical impossibility, it is a gross infringement of a person's privacy. A moderator only pulls chatlogs when there is a need to, mostly arising from a player's complaints and there is a lack of documented proof.

And pulling chatlogs takes time. Typically it takes at least one working day, if not more, to process one such claim. That is why moderators request replays/screenshots - it helps resolve cases faster.

And this is where YOU come in. You can Private Message any moderator (in-game or via forum) with a replay/screenshot if you wish to report such offensive characters. The details a moderator will need are:

1. Documented proof (replay best, screenshots also okay)
  2. Date/time of offence (easier to pinpoint when to pull chatlogs from)

Public threads (like this one) are not okay because of name/shame rules - we do not want witch hunts, especially if they are #fakenews. Follow due process please.

Spoiler

MagicalFlyingFox #13 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35566 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS
Does this mean we get no more lawsuit?

God dammit. 

pokeranger24 #14 Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:20 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles

View Postneokai, on 21 March 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

• Chatlogs reveals a compulsive need to offend (holocaust remarks and glorification started from 2.41pm that only ended at 22.59pm)

Man that guy has got a lot of free time, when I get free time I am busy sleeping, watching anime [edited]

Inappropriate content; Content edited, User warned.

~ElderCyclops

Edited by ElderCyclops, 22 March 2018 - 05:44 PM.

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

neokai #15 Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

• 41355 battles

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 21 March 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

Does this mean we get no more lawsuit?

God dammit. 

That's up to CountryTripper, and the courts to decide if he has a case. I won't hold my breath though.
Spoiler

Mudguts__ #16 Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

Face like a Robber's Dog

• Beta-Tester
  • 45366 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

I believe the Shark Cane Harvester Drivers Union of the Southern Hemisphere (SCHDUSH - pron: skidoosh) is aslo considering a class action given the liberal vilification of their members in this forum.

AmbushPredator #17 Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:26 PM

Corporal

• 58205 battles
  • [-NZS-] -NZS-

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 19 March 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

This will set a precedent that will absolutely destroy the online gaming industry, so the chances of this succeeding are Zero, even before we start to bring in any reasons. 

Just use the ignore function.

WG gave you a means to help them give the guy a ban, all you needed to do was send in a replay file which you can turn on in your settings, and just send it to them. 

If you can't do that, well its not going help in court...

I expect this case to be thrown out very quickly (as soon as they see it potentially), you are just wasting your own time and energy, and potentially money. 

I mean, games aren't rated on their online interactions...

Anyways, good luck in your legal battle, i wish you all the best. 

actually that class action lawsuit that you are threatening with.

lol.

just... lol.

​And I did send in screenshots and replays of breaches and got the usual automated BS responses so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss his concerns. WG ask us to report these things, as Neokai said, they can't be everywhere. BUT, when they are reported action needs to be seen to be taken. When you see the same people in battle with the same usernames etc AFTER you have been informed action was taken you might find you have a better case than you seem to think. If WG wants to claim they have a legal policy they sure as hell want to make sure they USE it! Everyone is sick of the automated response system so that comment is pointless, games are KNOWN in the gamer community for their toxicity and from your remarks about legal action I shall just assume you are a troll with no legal training. Crawl back in your hole or get back under your bridge. If you have nothing to add to the conversation please save us the pixels.

MagicalFlyingFox #18 Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:12 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35566 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

View PostAmbushPredator, on 21 March 2018 - 11:26 PM, said:

​And I did send in screenshots and replays of breaches and got the usual automated BS responses so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss his concerns. WG ask us to report these things, as Neokai said, they can't be everywhere. BUT, when they are reported action needs to be seen to be taken. When you see the same people in battle with the same usernames etc AFTER you have been informed action was taken you might find you have a better case than you seem to think. If WG wants to claim they have a legal policy they sure as hell want to make sure they USE it! Everyone is sick of the automated response system so that comment is pointless, games are KNOWN in the gamer community for their toxicity and from your remarks about legal action I shall just assume you are a troll with no legal training. Crawl back in your hole or get back under your bridge. If you have nothing to add to the conversation please save us the pixels.

1. They are not banned in game, they are chat banned.

2. The court literally cannot touch WG. It is not the authorities' responsibility to police what happens in a game's chat. This is all on WG if they care or not. 

3. Are you saying you have an idea of how the legal system works? I have enough knowledge of the legal system to know the end result of such a lawsuit. 

Spitchunks #19 Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:17 PM

Private

• 14549 battles
  • [NFB] NFB

[Content removed]

Nazi glorification/discriminative propaganda.  Content removed, user sanctioned.

I believe you have just outed yourself.

~Wasaabi

Ezz #20 Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:58 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 74643 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSpitchunks, on 21 March 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

[Content removed]

Nazi glorification/discriminative propaganda.  Content removed, user sanctioned.

I believe you have just outed yourself.

~Wasaabi

View PostMudguts4710, on 21 March 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

I believe the Shark Cane Harvester Drivers Union of the Southern Hemisphere (SCHDUSH - pron: skidoosh) is aslo considering a class action given the liberal vilification of their members in this forum.

I feel the I in skidoosh is too strong. I'd go for skedoosh. A bit less emphasis on the i, more on the doosh.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users