Ok, I've had enough: Racial discrimination/vilification permitted

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

neokai #21 Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:34 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• 41355 battles

View PostAmbushPredator, on 21 March 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

​And I did send in screenshots and replays of breaches and got the usual automated BS responses so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss his concerns. WG ask us to report these things, as Neokai said, they can't be everywhere. BUT, when they are reported action needs to be seen to be taken. When you see the same people in battle with the same usernames etc AFTER you have been informed action was taken you might find you have a better case than you seem to think. If WG wants to claim they have a legal policy they sure as hell want to make sure they USE it! Everyone is sick of the automated response system so that comment is pointless, games are KNOWN in the gamer community for their toxicity and from your remarks about legal action I shall just assume you are a troll with no legal training. Crawl back in your hole or get back under your bridge. If you have nothing to add to the conversation please save us the pixels.

For chat-related issues send them to a moderator - we have no access to support tickets.

For game-related issues a moderator can provide you an "expert" opinion, and if the issue is serious enough we can help you link up with the GMs directly.

Spoiler

MM_is_Broken #22 Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

Trouble with a capital M

• 17907 battles

I had to report a name of a player that i find offensive to a WG person this week

Question is

WHY do i have to see such names which are offensive when such moderators can esaily see these names with a player search in game

We even had racist comments in General chat the other day

Why do i have to see it and report it 

Just because i dont like seeing it  in there with eyes watching and young players minds being  show this is how people feel

The player the other day said "Screw the eula"

WG needs to bring to all players that this behavior in game is not acceptable with  racist slants going on all the time

Totally piisses me offf that they even speak this way

RIP MUM 02/08/2018 May your spirit carry me on till we meet again 

IMC_Jimmy #23 Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:56 AM

Hold my beer, I've got this!

• 21526 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Are the free set of steak knifes in this thread?? I can't seem to find them anywhere..:unsure:
www.twitch.tv/imc_jimmy tonking at it's most sillyest #Tier 4 Clan Wars Plz

Wolvenworks #24 Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:13 AM

Member of the No Gold Shell Party.

• Beta-Tester
  • 15302 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

wait it's technically not name-shaming if whoever it is outed himself, right?

pokeranger24 #25 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:48 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles

View PostMM_is_Broken, on 22 March 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

I had to report a name of a player that i find offensive to a WG person this week

Question is

WHY do i have to see such names which are offensive when such moderators can esaily see these names with a player search in game

Just because i dont like seeing it  in there with eyes watching and young players minds being  show this is how people feel

WG needs to bring to all players that this behavior in game is not acceptable with  racist slants going on all the time

This is your answer .....

View Postneokai, on 21 March 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

Long story short, moderators have blind spots. We can't be everywhere, and we cannot (and should not) routinely pull chatlogs of players. Beyond the sheer logistical impossibility, it is a gross infringement of a person's privacy. A moderator only pulls chatlogs when there is a need to, mostly arising from a player's complaints and there is a lack of documented proof.

And pulling chatlogs takes time. Typically it takes at least one working day, if not more, to process one such claim. That is why moderators request replays/screenshots - it helps resolve cases faster.

Public threads (like this one) are not okay because of name/shame rules - we do not want witch hunts, especially if they are #fakenews. Follow due process please.

Edited by pokeranger24, 22 March 2018 - 03:51 PM.

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

Heraclitus #26 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

Private

• 10462 battles
  • [OW] OW

View PostMM_is_Broken, on 22 March 2018 - 02:37 AM, said:

Question is

Sounds like I owe you an apology MM..

The mods here, do a great job monitoring general chat from what I've seen and I thought they would deal with those idiots pretty quickly. But It's up to all of us, not just the mods to stomp that kind of behaviour out before it becomes normalized and I'd hate to see general chat on this server turn into what I've seen on the North American one.

If I see it happen again, I'll make sure I speak up louder.. not just for you but for anyone else as well.. hopefully others who read this will take a tougher stance against it too.

For anyone that thinks it's okay directing those kinds of insults at another person, you need to man-up, and have a good look at yourself in a mirror!

neokai #27 Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:40 PM

• 41355 battles

View PostMM_is_Broken, on 22 March 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

Question is

Elite911 used to routinely scan IGNs by typing in common profanities. Let's just say that it's reaaaaally easy to create new accounts, so WG's policy is to only target active accounts (seen in battle/chat).

As for why report, it's because I have yet to find a method that allows me to play battles and yet monitor gen chat at the same time - and no, I do not want to login an alt account on WoT 24/7 just for that express purpose. It's the same analogy with community policing, citizens must get involved if you want a safer home, with active duty police providing the heavy muscle as necessary.

The current bounds of acceptable speech (so we don't get accused of Orwellian control) is:

• don't insult people (MM and the EULA are the heroes we deserve, but don't need now - they can take it)
  • don't bypass the profanity filter (because our filter is anally specific and all 13-yo boys/girls should not be exposed to the intimate carnal knowledge that adults are privy to)
  • don't spam
  • nothing illegal (if in doubt of jurisdiction, see Singapore's  Penal Code and the Misuse of Drugs' Act)

This covers the vast majority of cases in chat. Most irate rants/comments are fine (e.g. "[Edited] this lemming team, [Edited] campers" ), and are only warned if said in excess. It's only when the insults start getting personal (e.g. your mother, your race, how you procreate or eat) that the insta-chatbans start showing up.

View PostWolvenworks, on 22 March 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

wait it's technically not name-shaming if whoever it is outed himself, right?

Well, to be fair wasaabi's red pen note kinda straddles the gray area of name/shame, but "said user" honestly brought it upon himself...

Edited by neokai, 22 March 2018 - 05:40 PM.

Spoiler

JOC469 #28 Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:56 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 69631 battles
I for one am looking forward to the OP filing his class action in Cyprus.

JOC469 #29 Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:59 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 69631 battles

View PostSpitchunks, on 21 March 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

[Content removed]

Nazi glorification/discriminative propaganda.  Content removed, user sanctioned.

I believe you have just outed yourself.

~Wasaabi

does this mean we can PM this user in game?

Most battles played in tier4 - time to go ‘hunting’.

MM_is_Broken #30 Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

Trouble with a capital M

• 17907 battles

that player for the red writing is constancely writing verbal diarea in game and gen chat and bad stuff

i would prefer such player perm chat banned

MM_is_Broken #31 Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:14 PM

Trouble with a capital M

• 17907 battles

I am watching this players name i have reported and are going to see how long it actually takes to remove his name

been 2 days so far and its still there

neokai #32 Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:38 PM

• 41355 battles

View PostJOC469, on 22 March 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

does this mean we can PM this user in game?

Most battles played in tier4 - time to go ‘hunting’.

Please don't promote EULA violations. This can be considered a form of harassment.

~neokai

View PostMM_is_Broken, on 22 March 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

I am watching this players name i have reported and are going to see how long it actually takes to remove his name

been 2 days so far and its still there

If after 5 working days you don't see action, PM me the support ticket (and the IGN) so I can bump it directly with the GMs.
Spoiler

MagicalFlyingFox #33 Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:11 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35558 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS
Permanent CHAT ban

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Zynth #34 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:09 AM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 27020 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
PM him boxes.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

neokai #35 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:00 AM

• 41355 battles

View PostZynth, on 23 March 2018 - 01:09 AM, said:

PM him boxes.

That is an extreme example of cruel and unusual torture, as expected of the forumer who wants to make minesweeper great again.
Spoiler

MagicalFlyingFox #36 Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:49 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35558 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS
Artillery, the Minesweeper of World of Tanks. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Zynth #37 Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:07 AM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 27020 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postneokai, on 23 March 2018 - 02:00 AM, said:

That is an extreme example of cruel and unusual torture, as expected of the forumer who wants to make minesweeper great again.

What is he going to do?

Reply?

Lol.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

MM_is_Broken #38 Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:04 AM

Trouble with a capital M

• 17907 battles
lol funny love in this forum

K4izerr #39 Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:48 AM

Captain

• 22486 battles
Is this about me? Kappa

3 Marks of Excellence 

T67 - Pz. IV H - Pz. III/IV - T-34 - Cromwell - M6 - VK30.01P - T29 - Tiger 1 - Panther - T-34-3 - IS3 - IS3A - Rhm Borsig - STG Guard - Somua SM -  T-10 - E50 - AMX 50 120 - AMX 50B - E50M

Wolvenworks #40 Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:09 PM

Member of the No Gold Shell Party.

• Beta-Tester
  • 15302 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View PostK4izerr, on 23 March 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

Is this about me? Kappa

nah. this is about some noob who went too far in his quest to be gagged and bound. you missed the fireworks, so stay for the afterparty lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users