Wargamimg please remove SPG from the game

spg arty artillery Arty Artillery Remove remove hacks

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

Poll: Should SPG be in this game.? (167 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should SPG be in this game.?

1. Yes (85 votes [50.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.90%

2. No (82 votes [49.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.10%

Vote Hide poll

SinLoi #241 Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:02 PM

Private

• 44077 battles

View Postsmileyrambo, on 01 December 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

One of the worst thing about SPG is certain type of SPG can shoot and hit you even when you are behind the mountain or a great cover as the arc of the shell lands almost 90* right above your cover.

Yes they are called mortar artillery. Very high angle of attack. And there are how many in the game, less than 5 from memory and spread from tier 4 to 10, Now do the maths and work our the odds of getting one in a game.

mttspiii #242 Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:46 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 32796 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostSinLoi, on 14 December 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

Yes they are called mortar artillery. Very high angle of attack. And there are how many in the game, less than 5 from memory and spread from tier 4 to 10, Now do the maths and work our the odds of getting one in a game.

At tiers 4-8, at least 1 FV304 every other game. At tiers 8-10, at least 1 CGC every other game. Sealclub tiers are currently flooded with MKA's so can't verify.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

R6I7P9 #243 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:00 AM

Corporal

• 2496 battles
  • [SIX] SIX

arty isn't bad but it just makes the game boring its just sit behind something it cant hit u and wait for the enemy to make the first move 

ive had games with 3 arties in those open maps and its just camp for 10 mins I once played blitz chess while in (I dont know the maps name) this open as map with 3 arties to come back and nothing interesting has happened other than arties just blind shooting 

Puggsley #244 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:34 AM

Captain

• 73133 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
+100 necro

spacewolf #245 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:37 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 75208 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

As a necro I feel this could have waited a little longer. 4 months isn't bad, but it isn't 12 months or 2 years.

I give it a 6/10, noting there could be improvement in length of time waited and content that could be more salty.

Proudly sponsored by WG

Ezz #246 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:23 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
More salty or less relevant. There's no mention of gold rounds or the rigged mm either. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Puggsley #247 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:52 PM

Captain

• 73133 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Opening with "arty isn't bad" dilutes any subsequent salt to the point of insignificance....

R6I7P9 #248 Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:38 PM

Corporal

• 2496 battles
  • [SIX] SIX
man all I meant was that spg aren't bad but just reduce the enjoyment of playing in the game against them in maps that are favourable to specific types such as open maps to spgs and vis versa 

MrHoneyKun #249 Posted 27 March 2019 - 12:01 AM

Private

• 3684 battles
Why the hate for SPG's? Have you guys tried playing SPG's in the game? Yeah they can shoot from long ranges but think about the Reload time, Damage and the Aiming time for the SPG's. I'm using M40/M43 and I'm only doing 200 - 250 damage in T8 battles for direct hits. 50 - 200 for splash damage. Reload times takes 20 seconds and most shells don't directly hit the targets. Armor! SPG's don't have any. 1 to 2 shots and SPG's are down. Speed and turning speed are also very slow so once a light tank gets close to SPG's, it's the end. Also, not all maps in the game are SPG friendly. There's maps that have buildings and mountain that can be used as cover and which makes it impossible for SPG's to fire at a target. 

Edited by MrHoneyKun, 27 March 2019 - 12:01 AM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #250 Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:53 PM

Captain

• 46074 battles

View PostMrHoneyKun, on 27 March 2019 - 01:01 AM, said:

Why the hate for SPG's? Have you guys tried playing SPG's in the game? Yeah they can shoot from long ranges but think about the Reload time, Damage and the Aiming time for the SPG's. I'm using M40/M43 and I'm only doing 200 - 250 damage in T8 battles for direct hits. 50 - 200 for splash damage. Reload times takes 20 seconds and most shells don't directly hit the targets. Armor! SPG's don't have any. 1 to 2 shots and SPG's are down. Speed and turning speed are also very slow so once a light tank gets close to SPG's, it's the end. Also, not all maps in the game are SPG friendly. There's maps that have buildings and mountain that can be used as cover and which makes it impossible for SPG's to fire at a target. 

there are two bad players in a random match:

-one is using the best DPM tank in the game (a Badger?!);

-the other is using the best dpm Arty in the game (insert said spg name here)

which player will use most of its "tank" dpm??? 

obviously will be the arty player!!! Simply because he will ALWAYS keep shooting. He also have ZERO need to care about TRADING shots (top 10 no brain required gameplay). He have only 500 hit points on his "tank", but he will most of the time never uses his HP anyway, unless he is the last tank to be killed (and he dont have any water near by that he can use to suicide drown...) instead he will just sit somewhere in the back of the map choosing who he will stun and annoy the entire game.

The Badger bad player in the other hand at least is being either a total yolo noob, or he is being a total noob camper and saving his hitpoints for the end of the (probably) lost battle.

So my conclusion is that SPGs:

1. get too much - for too little work;

2. spg's DPM DOESNT MATTER (so far in this game)..

3. (insert any of the other million reasons to hate spgs here)

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 27 March 2019 - 07:11 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

TheBudgiesmuggler #251 Posted 31 March 2019 - 03:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• 31890 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 27 March 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

there are two bad players in a random match:

-one is using the best DPM tank in the game (a Badger?!);

-the other is using the best dpm Arty in the game (insert said spg name here)

which player will use most of its "tank" dpm??? 

obviously will be the arty player!!! Simply because he will ALWAYS keep shooting. He also have ZERO need to care about TRADING shots (top 10 no brain required gameplay). He have only 500 hit points on his "tank", but he will most of the time never uses his HP anyway, unless he is the last tank to be killed (and he dont have any water near by that he can use to suicide drown...) instead he will just sit somewhere in the back of the map choosing who he will stun and annoy the entire game.

The Badger bad player in the other hand at least is being either a total yolo noob, or he is being a total noob camper and saving his hitpoints for the end of the (probably) lost battle.

So my conclusion is that SPGs:

1. get too much - for too little work;

2. spg's DPM DOESNT MATTER (so far in this game)..

3. (insert any of the other million reasons to hate spgs here)

Funnily enough I have both a Badger and SPG, clearly you haven't been in SPG when you come up against said good SPG players who play counter battery with you so its fire and movement until you kill them or you go back to the garage.... I'm especially fond of my French and American SPG's, the French for the speed to change position fast and the American for the damage, and with the recent changes coming to a beta-test near you you reckon your crying now....lmao 

sZniPeR #252 Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:05 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 13766 battles
So, people dont know how to hide from spg's anymore or what?  :V 

Spg has its uses, who the heck is going to kill OP HT [Japanese]. tanks when you have no noob rounds on ya? 
Or... who's going to kill shot that TD who's been aiming at you, when you are cornered and of low health eh? 
I could go on, but you get the point.

"JUST LEARN TO HIDE"

TX - T57 HT, 113, WZ 111 5A, JgE100, GwE100
Im a Potato, Yes I know that. 

R6I7P9 #253 Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:36 PM

Corporal

• 2496 battles
  • [SIX] SIX

View PostsZniPeR, on 31 March 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

So, people dont know how to hide from spg's anymore or what?  :V 

Spg has its uses, who the heck is going to kill OP HT [Japanese]. tanks when you have no noob rounds on ya? 
Or... who's going to kill shot that TD who's been aiming at you, when you are cornered and of low health eh? 
I could go on, but you get the point.

"JUST LEARN TO HIDE"

we can agree on one thing about noob rounds but that's where it ends, it's not about knowing where to hide SPG's as you should now in most maps there is practically space for only 1 tank before the rest just get stunned, tracked and splashed to death. secondly, about your op ht, I assume you are talking about tanks like Type 5 Heavy we as you should know a bit about me I used to play a lot of blitz about 18,000 battles in a ht fan I had about 3-4 (I haven't seen my stuff in a few years) kolobanovs and ill tell you this I have taken multiple gold spammers especially 183's who give up trying to penetrate me and end up using HE so it doesn't matter whether u got gold or not u just need to carry more than just 1 type of rounds and think of alternatives to defeat your opponents such as sitting back and letting them push, or flanking believe this or not no tank in the game is "OP"  its simply the lack of knowledge that leads players to think it is an unbalanced tank as everything has a weakness. thirdly the game is going to die quickly (I'm not 100% sure I just heard this somewhere so correct me if I'm wrong) as SPG splash is going to become larger as all LT won't be able to scout when a small splash will track them easily thus leading to their destruction, not only this SPG in general slow the whole game down haven't you ever had a game with no SPG and realize it ends in the first 5-6 minutes with evenly matched opponents, the game will die as nowadays most players are leaving and going towards faster-passed games such as apex legends as you don't sit in one spot for 5 minutes hoping an SPG has stopped tunnelling you. I know someone of you reading this would think whether I have ever played an SPG and yes I have it was the easiest thing I have ever done, sit back and tunnel the top tiers, but of course some teams just die instantly but this isn't due to matchmaking sometimes i just can't be stuffed and just rush right in and i know many of you have done this, this doesn't make playing SPGs anymore difficult though its too simple. personally i dont mind them its fun in a tier 10 battle to one shot someone and i know it must be fun for them to do 400 damage track and stun you when you pull back behind a mountain to reload, but new players wont last long without playing biltz first 

Edited by R6I7P9, 31 March 2019 - 04:45 PM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #254 Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:30 AM

Captain

• 46074 battles

ok then hahahahaha.

"just learn to HIDE" folks...

Except that one of the EXCUSES for arty to be on the game is because its suppose to "prevent camping" lol. Seems kinda weird but i get the point. Next thing ppl will say is "learn to use cover etc" like they (arty players) probably did it once or twice while playing a real tank and it worked. Maybe they even do it on their daily basis and it works. Congrats for you. I wonder if thats helping u win the games tho.

I play mostly light armored tanks, i wish the poetry guy above was in the enemy team while playing arty though, because when i am playing, i rarely see any type 5 or maus being hit, generally arty sucken noob players go for easy damage and try to hit only light armored tanks, because they want easy damage, something they cant get while playing normal tanks....

then again someone will ask me proof or data. Its okay tho, as long as arty get nerfed to the ground next patch, there is no point or need for me to argue or proof any thing...

arty dont go for heavily armored tanks, they want easy damage. DO i need to remind anyone of whats the average player who play arty is like?? its generally the most of noobs and bad connection players who play it, not players looking to focus and fire type 5s and maus, most arty players are players who have bad stats, who are bad players, who are too busy doing something else so they can only use one hand while playing.... Most arty players are people who dont wanna play serious, except if "playing serious" means seriously focusing only no armor tanks so they can still pen and get huge easy dmg even if they miss the shot by 5meters, and the only way for them to get that is by hitting light armored tanks, because the 9.18 update didnt work.

It wasnt a real nerf. It only buffed them against light armored tanks (lts, mts, tds and even some light hts) but on the paper WG and arty players say it nerfed, only because few heavy tanks that rarely get hit (hype 5 maus etc) WERE suppose to be focus more often BUT instead i get focus...

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 02 April 2019 - 07:36 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Puggsley #255 Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:43 AM

Captain

• 73133 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I don't think arty want easy damage any more than the next player.

We would laugh at a normal player who shoots you over and over doing no damage. They don't understand the game. Its just teh same with arty, why shoot a heavily armoured tank over and over getting little or no damage?

WG have made the benefits of this game highly skewed towards damage. It makes total sense for any arty player (or tank player) to get as much early damage as possible and take as many guns out of the game early. That helps win games.

So lightly armoured tanks area high priority - they are the unfortunate and logical target for arty under the reward system of the game. By killing those lightly armoured tanks it makes it a bit easier to flank the heavily armoured ones. 

The upcoming nerf to stun will only make things worse for lightly armoured tanks. WG have announced a raft of changes which will make arty less effective against heavily armoured tanks. Smart (this might only be relative :)) arty players will immediately shift to tanks they can be most effective against. I'll guarantee that anything which makes arty less effective against armour will necessarily make it worse for lightly armoured tanks.

Ezz #256 Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:30 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 02 April 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

WG have announced a raft of changes which will make arty less effective against heavily armoured tanks. 

Highlights another one of the ways that arty breaks the rock paper scissors concept that usually makes for a balanced game.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

NameWasStolenStresslevel #257 Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:44 AM

Captain

• 46074 battles

my edit ate my whole reply so ye, i am gonna go back sleep now

thx.. 

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 02 April 2019 - 12:02 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Puggsley #258 Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:34 AM

Captain

• 73133 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostEzz, on 02 April 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

Highlights another one of the ways that arty breaks the rock paper scissors concept that usually makes for a balanced game.

I'd say its more the approach that WG has adopted which breaks it rather than the class. The push for armour effectiveness boosting changes is firmly on. 

For all the youtube memes, its a lot harder to hit a LT with arty than it is to hit a HT. I still think that the bulk of arty shots will still be directed at HTs, hell most arty goes on autopilot to the position which shoots into HT fighting areas as soon as the game starts.

I think expected damage will be the main driver of arty target choice. Yes you might hit that LT on the move once every 10 shots and take all or half his health, but you will still be better off taking 250hp from HTs 7 shots out of 10. The irresistable targets of choice for arty have always been enemy tanks fighting side by side, and immobile soft skin targets. This will not change and the HT chokepoints still always offer this much more consistently. 

TheBudgiesmuggler #259 Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:39 AM

Staff sergeant

• 31890 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
Wargaming please remove players that don't like SPG....problem solved … lmao

steeve_old #260 Posted 08 April 2019 - 04:23 PM

Corporal

• 37894 battles
  • [AQUAS] AQUAS
WG please add specail bubbles so people can sit in them and not get shot or shoot until all they arty and other dangerous tanks are dead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users